Things You'll Never Understand

Started by GoldenTerrabyte, 2013 Oct 03, 09:35:05

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

GoldenTerrabyte

I'll start to give an example.

Why they say "your" ABCs, "your" numbers. Neither the ABCs nor the numbers BELONG TO ANYONE.

So you get the idea.
I'm back

Midnight Breeze

'Your' ABCs implies your knowledge of the alphabet, which does belong to you.

Night Pony

What the author meant in Literature class.

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

GoldenTerrabyte

Why people love sleeping so much. I love to be awake!
I'm back

ShadowHeart

Why people constantly use 'them' when they should use 'he or she'...I make this mistake all the time :(
What caused this horrible grammar mistake to become a trend?  DD:

Join the changeling herd, or she'll devour your love!

blobking156

why "gender equality" means girls are better.

Teal Turken

Why people pay for a digital copy of Arma 2 or 3 on Steam and play on multiplayer JUST to hack into the server and ruin everyone's fun by spawning them all together, then spawning about 75 vehicles piled on eachother, causing them to explode and kill everyone.
Also people who play on Gmod DarkRP servers and generally troll people by killing them on sight, jailing people on sight and sometimes taking the mayor roll and removing all laws and legalizing everything.
Just...why? Why waste money on games JUST to troll? Wouldn't it be a lot more fun to actually play the game?
I honestly wish trolling never came into existance. It's one thing to ignore a troll who's posting hate comments, it's another thing to get rid of one who's ruining your gaming experience.

ShadowHeart

Why people left the fandom the second they saw a pic of twilicorn or equestria girls....so judgmental!

Join the changeling herd, or she'll devour your love!

Teal Turken

2013 Oct 04, 09:32:40 #8 Last Edit: 2013 Oct 04, 09:42:23 by Teal Turken
Quote from: ShadowHeart on 2013 Oct 04, 08:57:21
Why people left the fandom the second they saw a pic of twilicorn or equestria girls....so judgmental!

I'd like to quote Saberspark if I may.
Quote"Twilight has wings now...and apparently that's a big deal."

Post Merge

You know people quit WoW because Pandas (Padaren if you want me to be "correct" >:/ ) were added as a playable race.

Anyways I don't think I'll ever get why people just can't bring a plastic bag in their car for trash instead of throwing their garbage out the window onto the ground.

Tiger

Why a frog sound in Japanese is "Gero" and the frog sound in English is "Ribbit".

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

Azure

Why vocaloid is still around.
3DS Friend Code: 1091-8504-5380
BE THERE AND BE SQUARE
Spoiler: show

this'll have ponies one day
Skype in the off chance that you'd like to talk to me: AzureLancet

Randam Saiko

why some people can't take harmless jokes.

Emit, you mischievous little...
My OCs

GoldenTerrabyte

What's so great about first person shooters.

What's so great about OCs with dramatic scary grim backstories.
I'm back

Rarity Rose

why some people dont like horror  ovO  O:

Randam Saiko

Quote from: Rarity Rose on 2013 Oct 08, 20:29:43
why some people dont like horror  ovO  O:

It's fear and disgust. I'm a fan of horror but I also understand the reasons on why some may not be as tolerate of it. Not everyone has the same mental structure. Stated first, fear and disgust are the 2 main factors why most people avoid horror. They fear the content of it whether it's something unnatural or discomforting. Examples include images of serial killers and monsters such as The Rake. It's just not something normal that you can understand or control. A majority of society thrive for order and understanding, which helped the human race survive for centuries. Anarchy is a key factor to a destruction to  both the physical and mental state. A feeling of discomfort and insecurity leads to an unhealthy mind (effects may vary from person to person). Because of this, some people dislike feeling terror, horror, and discomfort.
The second factor, disgust, is a defense mechanism of the human mind. It helps people avoid images that they find disturbing so that it will not bother them in the future or the rest of the day. Outside the image part of disgust, disgust for real-life objects such as feces and other gross things like insects and of the sort causes people to cringe. It's a natural reaction and way of defense so that people avoid them. Having disgust for feces and corpses help people avoid touching them and remove themselves from that possibly dangerous/unsanitary and keep safe.

TL;DR Fear and Disgust help us stay alive through life and are natural defense mechanisms that just run through the mind in order to stay safe.

My OCs

GoldenTerrabyte

I don't understand how people enjoy such things.
I'm back

Randam Saiko

2013 Oct 08, 21:21:28 #16 Last Edit: 2013 Oct 08, 21:41:13 by Randam Saiko
Quote from: Yellowpikmin476 on 2013 Oct 08, 20:58:05
I don't understand how people enjoy such things.

While fear and disgust are push factors to horror. To some people, they're pull factors. Some people either lack the natural defensive reaction or overcame it, turning it into something else. Some people enjoy the taste of fear and discomfort. Fear causes adrenaline and stress, which both can be seen as positive and negative reactions by the body. Depending on the person's mental structure and/or physical reaction will decide their level of tolerance to horror.
It is extremely common for children (about age 2-12) to avoid horror because of their natural defense mechanisms inherited and mimicked from/by their parents. It's perfectly normal for them to avoid all the creepy and dark for their own physical and mental well-being.
Personal interests, level/ amount of exposure, and age can also determine their tolerance level. They just might like dark things by personality. The amount of exposure they receive will test their tolerance level. The severity or depth of their exposure may influence their mind. One of my own quotes, "Tasting a sample may cause hunger for another taste. Maybe even a desire for a feast," depicts this idea well. When you have a sample of something, you are more likely to try it again and you might start to like it. It's like how some buisness give you free samples or free trials. They want you to experience it. Then as you begin to enjoy it, you may want more and will eventually surrender you money to them. Having a small taste of fear can cause a desire to feel more.
You know when your friends tell you to try out new things? At first you go, "no," because you either have no interest or feel uncomfortable about trying it. But as you begin to try it and get into it, you begin to enjoy it and will want to keep doing it. It's the same concept of trying something new on a menu or trying out a new place to shop. At first, it feels weird and not you. but if you continue to do it, then you might start to like it and it won't feel so uncomfortable anymore. Exposure is a great way to try new things and get over unwanted things such as phobias.
Spoiler: This part may not be for the mentally unprepared. • show
Some people enjoy throwing themselves into the darkness of humanity. Tasting the forbidden fruits and knowledge of human nature can lead to disastrous but also enlightening results. Understanding the darkest pits and blood boiling pieces of humanity can cause a completely different look on life and may actually do harm to your mental well-being, but as you progress through the exposure and research, you may discover the highest points of humanity as well. Swimming in the abyss of human nature can be dangerous. Walk in an emotional wreckage and live in sin. A curse can become a blessing and vice versa. The first sample of the forbidden fruit.

My OCs

GoldenTerrabyte

Well, although I will never watch a horror film, I do know what you mean. It's happened 100 times to me with food. Who knows? Someday that fact, maybe, juuuust mayyyybe, will defeat my vegetarianism.
I'm back

Randam Saiko

Quote from: Yellowpikmin476 on 2013 Oct 08, 21:27:12
Well, although I will never watch a horror film, I do know what you mean. It's happened 100 times to me with food. Who knows? Someday that fact, maybe, juuuust mayyyybe, will defeat my vegetarianism.

Well the decision is up to you. If you like to try new things, then be my guest. If you don't enjoy leaving your comfort zone and are content with your current status, then just keep it like that.

My OCs

Renatan

OK, this seems a little dead. Let's try to get back to the game, eh?  ;)

Why some people won't give bronies a chance.
Beware the writer. She will feed off everything you say and store it into her memory, so don't be surprised if a few years from now you open up a book and see something you said years ago there. I'm always watching ovO

Go Up