Tiger Stripes

Started by Tiger, 2012 Oct 24, 04:14:34

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Tiger

2012 Oct 24, 04:14:34 Last Edit: 2014 Jun 02, 00:22:01 by Tiger
(Currently thinking of re-writing Tiger's background story and some other stuff)

I'm pretty sure I haven't made one of these threads for Tiger yet.

Anyway, you thought you knew Tiger? Well, you're going to know her more!

Spoiler: Tiger's reference page.png • show

[move][/move]
(Thanks Skardan for the gif above!)
[move=1][/move]

(Name): Tiger Stripes

Original species: Cat

Personality: May be kind or may be mean, depending on how irritated she gets. Always helpful and outspoken. Tomboyish, can get irritated or frustrated easily.

Cutie mark: Map, showing that she's good in adventuring.

Dislikes: Ponies that act smart, extremely dumb ponies that ask about the extremely obvious, anything that hurts her friends.

Fears: Slendermane, Bees

Fun fact:
-Tiger's mane and tail style tends to change if her mood or sanity changes very drastically.
-Tiger will never forgive anyone who messes with her friends.
-She may often be found trotting around Ponyville while eating some muffins. She would also give some muffins to other ponies that she meets.
-She may over-think things.
-She likes to call ponies by the shorter form of their names, if their names are quite long.

Info: Originally a cat, Tiger retains some of her cat genes in pony form, allowing her to communicate with animals. It also allows her to see slightly better than others in the dark. She dislikes telling this to others though, thinking that they would shun her. She may be very smart, but occasionally she just doesn't see the obvious. Sometimes very persistent.
She is commonly found flying about, adventuring, or eating at Sugarcube Corners.
She's normally very determined when she has a goal for something, but she occasionally snaps and acts like a little foal.

History:

Tiger's parents went missing because of an earthquake that happened after she was born. She was found alive, trapped in a small space in between the rubble. She was adopted by a caretaker in another village. As Tiger grew up, she was called Tiger Kitty by her friends because of her species and tiger-like stripes, so she thought that was her name. She grew to become mature and independent at a young age.

Many years later, when she was 11, Tiger met Remie and Cappy, now her best friends. At the age of 12, she had already gone through 20 adventures with them and others, such as Shori, a cat that had been trapped in an alternate dimension for years.

Soon, she was 13. 3 months after her birthday, she went into a cave that had been neglected for a thousand years with her friends Remie, Cappy and Shori.

They had no idea what they were getting into.

They got turned into ponies. Initially, they had no cutie marks, but through the things they had to go through in the cave, they obtained their cutie marks. They aren't very keen to tell others how they got them, though.

They ventured through the cave and defeated some evil bat-with-no-legs kingdom and eventually reached the bright Ponyville in wonderful Equestria. They settled in by the time Cappy, the brilliant and bright scientist and mechanic of the group, had finished her machine that would help them get back to their home from Ponyville and vice versa. Tiger and Cappy decided that they wanted to stay in Ponyville, while Remie and Shori wanted to get back home. So all four of them went there, Tiger and Cappy saying that they would stay in Ponyville and telling everyone not to worry. Then they went back, wanting to know more of Equestria and its inhabitants.

In Ponyville, they kept calling her Tiger Stripes. Tiger found it better suited than Tiger Kitty, being mature, so she decided, her full name would be Tiger Stripes.

Tiger is now 14 and is probably going to stay in Equestria for a very long time after making so many new friends. She does, though, occasionally go back to her home village to stay with her old friends some times and chat.

Creation:

I created Tiger as an anthro cat around 2009 or so. I always imagined her voice as a normal girl's voice. I don't quite remember the exact date she was made, but I think it was around the middle of the year.
Since I created her in 2009, it was a complete coincidence that Rainbow Dash was also tomboyish.
When I first had the idea of her, I just wanted a cat with tiger-like stripes. I didn't have a name for her, so I just called her Tiger-kitty. Later on in my story I found myself lazy to write something like that, so I shortened it to Tiger, thus her name.

I decided to make her a pegasus because she also quite likes speed, and being a pegasus makes some adventuring stuff
easier.
She's always helping anypony, anyone and anything, whether it's paying for something or being brought to the hospital or anything like that.

I find Tiger a bit odd, only fearing death, which made her occasionally a bit boring because she was never scared. So when I roleplay, I add fears to her while she goes on with the journey. Occasionally.

Initially, Tiger was never intended to come to Ponyville. In my old backstory, she became a pony because the cloning machine Cappy was testing had malfunctioned and somehow turned Tiger into a pony. She then had to go all around her world in her dimension to turn her back into a cat.

Then I joined the forums, and since everything took place in the pony dimension, I changed her backstory to the current one.

About Tiger's origins:

Tiger lived/lives on Cat Island (Yes a very generic name...) which is on a certain planet. This planet contains all of my OCs and fan characters, each section of OCs or FCs living on different islands. For example, there's Human Island, for human OCs, Pokemon Island, for Pokemon OCs, Sonic FCs, and so on.

There's also the huge warehouse on a large island where all my OCs can gather to chat and stuff, although they can also just fly in airplanes to the other islands.  This warehouse contains the extra belongings of my OCs that can't fit into their houses. When a new OC is created, they fly to the warehouse and put all their stuff there.

There's also one misc island that just contains a town they all may hang out at.

...I basically just explained my mind of OCs ovO

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

Darkangel

Wait... wouldn't her species be cat/pony because well, y'know, she's a pony too? :P Or are you talking about the original species?
Don't know what to put here.
So I just am typing these words, not knowing what to type here.
Maybe later I'll figure out.

Tiger

I'm talking about her original species. She became a pony because of the cave, but it's not her true species.

Besides, she can change back to a cat with Cappy's machine.

Nala Valor

Thinking I have a bipede cat oc, Aïssence, ((that now, I rarely use for some reason)) and they're maybe from the same dimention! O:

Gracie Sky

This is a very convenient plot line you've given her.
It moves around so quickly, I can't help but find it cute.
Character Critique Thread

Have your OC fairly and honestly evaluated!

Tiger

Quote from: Nala Valor on 2012 Oct 24, 06:57:37
Thinking I have a bipede cat oc, Aïssence, ((that now, I rarely use for some reason)) and they're maybe from the same dimention! O:

O:
POSSIBLY  :I

Quote from: Gracie Sky on 2012 Oct 24, 14:19:10
This is a very convenient plot line you've given her.
It moves around so quickly, I can't help but find it cute.

Thanks!  :D
That's a compliment right? 8T

Nala Valor

Quote from: Tiger on 2012 Oct 25, 02:44:35
Quote from: Nala Valor on 2012 Oct 24, 06:57:37

O:
POSSIBLY  :I
they should meet one day. We never know what Tiger's reaction would be, seeing an other cat anthro in the pony world. ovO

Tiger

Darkangel

Quote from: Tiger on 2012 Oct 24, 04:40:33
I'm talking about her original species. She became a pony because of the cave, but it's not her true species.

Besides, she can change back to a cat with Cappy's machine.

That is some powerful technology.

...Wonder if she can change Darkangel into a cat. ovO
Don't know what to put here.
So I just am typing these words, not knowing what to type here.
Maybe later I'll figure out.

Tiger

2012 Oct 27, 08:57:54 #9 Last Edit: 2012 Oct 27, 09:15:09 by Tiger
If she did, she wouldn't know how you'd look like as a cat.

And there's only a small chance the machine would malfunction and you become a cat with wings (pegasus), a cat with magic powers (unicorn), or a cat with super strength (earth pony). Sooo, yeaaahhh ovO

--------------------------

Just added some stuff about her personality and info.

--------------------------

Added the creation of Tiger and about her origins!
Also added a fun fact.

Tiger

Quote from: Anibell April Dash on 2012 Oct 28, 14:56:32
Such a amazing story  :3

Thanks!  ^-^

I may add oc pages of Ropenny and Shofter, two ocs I have that I don't draw much for some reason, even though I like their designs ovO

GoldenTerrabyte

I'm back

Tiger

Whoa, forgot I had this OC page ovO

GoldenTerrabyte

How could you forget such art?
I'm back

Nala Valor

You should rp more... There's not enough insanity in the rp thread. ovO

Tiger

It's been a really long time since I've rp (More than 5 months I think O_o)

Do link me to a thread, and maybe I'll start RP-ing there ovO

Mitzu

She sounds cool!

I'd love to post about my OC so I could RP her, but I'm kinda scared and I suck at describing pesonalities plus she has no real backstory.

Tiger

You could try RP-ing with her first before creating an OC page of her, and then decide what her personality is like after you've roleplayed with her c:

As for the backstory, it's not entirely neccessary, but it makes people see that you've put more thought into a character than just coming up with a design and giving the character a name  ;)

Mitzu

She DOES have a personality and I also suck at making up backstoreis.

Go Up