Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Sunshine Smash

People who get sore when you say "alright" in a conversation when you use it as a means of acknowledgement.

YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN! Don't act all high and mighty when someone says something the way you don't like it. Get over yourself.

Deep inside..... We're kindred spirits...... You..... And I......

Chishio Kunrin

2015 Mar 17, 21:00:48 #15761 Last Edit: 2015 Mar 17, 21:10:21 by Chishio Kunrin
If the season 4 finale taught us anything, it's that the magic of a single alicorn is as powerful as the magic of approximately 1/4 of Equestria's population plus 1/4 of Discord's magic.

As long as a RPer doesn't take advantage of how powerful alicorns can be, I'm alright with it. It's also appreciated if they give their alicorn OC some well-written personality and backstory.

Post Merge

So, my friend Grace and her family went to Disney World for spring break, and since her birthday was toward the end of their vacation, they celebrated her birthday there. They brought home a giant birthday cake they got at a restaurant there, and last night, Grace spent some time here at my house hanging out with us and taking a much-needed break from her family (after spending, like, 9-10 days with them, sharing a hotel room with some of them, and being cramped in a car with them on the travel from home to Disney World and back).

She went home last night and discovered that her older sister... had cut gigantic slices off the cake to give to the little kids (their little sister and Grace's three nephews), and Grace's nephews... threw their cake in the floor. Grace's birthday cake. Which she hadn't even gotten a single bite of yet. Most of it was gone. Because her sister took it upon herself to give enormous pieces to the kids, who threw it in the floor, didn't like it very much, and threw away a lot of it.

Needless to say, she's furious. And understandably so. It's really annoying how her older sister just takes whatever she wants for herself and her kids, no matter who it actually belongs to.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Rissian

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Mar 17, 21:00:48
If the season 4 finale taught us anything, it's that the magic of a single alicorn is as powerful as the magic of approximately 1/4 of Equestria's population plus 1/4 of Discord's magic.

As long as a RPer doesn't take advantage of how powerful alicorns can be, I'm alright with it. It's also appreciated if they give their alicorn OC some well-written personality and backstory.

That was Twilight the element of magic absorbing all of the princesses magic. Only Twilight is the element of magic. Only Twilight is capable of such a feat the others are not. x3 Twilight has already mastered magic so obviously she would be powerful. As long as someone's OC wasn't the element of magic then they wouldn't be anywhere near as strong. in the journal of the two sister's it has also mentioned Twilight before she was born as the element of magic. It's also why I mentioned what if the OC wasn't even good at magic and had some other talent alicorns are not inherently powerful they have to learn how to use their abilities like Unicorn's do.

When you're eating a burger and the relish or ketchup shoots you in the eye. We had burgers tonight and it decided to attack me. :I

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Trege on 2015 Mar 17, 21:10:54
That was Twilight the element of magic absorbing all of the princesses magic. Only Twilight is the element of magic. Only Twilight is capable of such a feat the others are not. x3 Twilight has already mastered magic so obviously she would be powerful. As long as someone's OC wasn't the element of magic then they wouldn't be anywhere near as strong. in the journal of the two sister's it has also mentioned Twilight before she was born as the element of magic. It's also why I mentioned what if the OC wasn't even good at magic and had some other talent alicorns are not inherently powerful they have to learn how to use their abilities like Unicorn's do.

I took it as "Twilight, since you're the element of magic, you're the only one who can quickly learn how to control the magic of four alicorns" not "Twilight, since you're the element of magic, you're the only one who can be super powerful when filled with the magic of four alicorns."

Rissian

2015 Mar 17, 22:26:11 #15764 Last Edit: 2015 Mar 17, 22:53:17 by Trege
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Mar 17, 22:13:10
I took it as "Twilight, since you're the element of magic, you're the only one who can quickly learn how to control the magic of four alicorns" not "Twilight, since you're the element of magic, you're the only one who can be super powerful when filled with the magic of four alicorns."

Oh, most of the stuff I'm talking about is based on the Journal, which talks about how even alicorns have to train to use their abilities and it also had Starswirl studying their magical nature. Also how Starswirl knew Twilight was going to be the element of magic before she was born. I don't think he ever told Luna or Celestia which pony it would be though.

Which technically Starswirl the bearded was more powerful than Celestia or Luna. So Unicorns can be just as strong it seems. The difference between alicorns and unicorns is, unicorns can end up losing all of their magic if they don't let it recharge. Where as alicorns regenerate magic much quicker and aren't endanger of something like that happening. For instance when one Unicorn moves the sun and moon by itself it lost all of its magic. Where as an alicorn just regenerated it. This is all based on the Journal of the two sisters though which is the only thing that actually covered possible abilities of alicorns and how they were naturally born like every other pony in the past. Anyways Unicorns can achieve the same feats as alicorns aside from Zecora's plot device potion. Some people say the book is canon others say it isn't so unless one of the writers says so we have no idea, all we know is some of the show writers worked on the book and since it directly relates to the book in the show I'm leaning more towards the book.

Vick McBread

When somebody says something about something and everybody believes it.
Vick McBread; the small orange pegasus stallion is BACK!
Steam: -CHA- Vick McBread
I do RPs. Here, and on steam.
I just wanna say "hello."

Night Pony

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2015 Mar 17, 18:54:22
Yes.

1. Rude.
2. I've got nothing more to say to a heavily prejudiced person.

Quote from: Trege on 2015 Mar 17, 20:28:06
Just because someone makes an alicorn OC it doesn't mean their OC is overpowered or a Mary Sue, by definition a Mary Sue is a character perfect in every way and aspect. Just because somepony has flying and magic that does not make them OP or perfect. The simple reason being it's all in the character development. For instance what if that alicorn OC was never special with their magic what if their magic just consisted of levitation and basic unicorn ability while their real talent was flying or some other skill unrelated to their race.

This. ^

Quote from: Trege on 2015 Mar 17, 20:28:06
But if the journal of the two sisters is any merit its history on alicorns is that they're a race with very few members left Luna and Celestia were some of the few natural born alicorns according to that not some ascended all powerful beings the fandom likes to make them out to be. Granted the journal of the two sisters was officially written by the writers of the show but they have neither claimed it to be non canon or canon. In the diary Luna and Celestia also had to train their magic. They didn't start as an all powerful character even they had trouble. They also had to win over the 3 races so that they would be willing to accept them as guardians of their nation. Natural born alicorns are long lived according to that book which is why Celestia and Luna are still young after all those years.

Then it's not canon. Many people didn't want to accept Alicorn as the name of the species and said it wasn't canon until the episode about the Alicorn amulet.

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Mar 17, 21:00:48

Before or after the moment where the element of magic and already powerful unicorn on her own got the combined magic power of three mainly magic orientated alicorns? As I see it Cadence, Celestia and Luna have developed mainly if not only their magic for all those years and hence they are powerful. You don't see them use their wings for more than positioning or levitating.

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Vick McBread

...Alicorns can be fun...
Vick McBread; the small orange pegasus stallion is BACK!
Steam: -CHA- Vick McBread
I do RPs. Here, and on steam.
I just wanna say "hello."

Chishio Kunrin

2015 Mar 18, 02:24:49 #15768 Last Edit: 2015 Mar 18, 10:39:02 by Chishio Kunrin
Quote from: Vick McBread on 2015 Mar 18, 02:18:40
...Alicorns can be fun...

And beautiful.

Post Merge

Xenoblade Chronicles is massively underrated. The story is AMAZING!!! ovO

I just wish Nintendo would remake it with HD textures instead of just directly porting it to 3DS. I know for a fact it's not impossible for them to give the game an HD remake. There's an absolutely beautiful HD texture pack for the emulated version. Everything looks so much clearer with that texture pack, especially the cut scenes.

Post Merge

UuuuUUUUUUGHHHH WHY?!!! WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY?!! WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS?!!!

I have been waiting for so long for Durarara season 2.
Though, I refuse to watch it subbed because I don't like Shizuo's Japanese voice.
So, when they announced they were making season 2, I was like "Awesome, just gotta wait for the eventual English dub."
Well, the Japanese episodes are coming out.
I've lost faith.
Why?
Because they changed how Shizuo and Izaya look, and not in a good way. Apparently, those two are the only characters who received a significant change of appearance.

And this isn't a "They changed in the manga because timeskip" thing. No. This is a "This season, we're gonna change their faces to be a lot more soft girlish-boy type, like guys are in shoujo (girls') anime." And they look TERRIBLE!!! They looked awesome in season 1, and now they look... UGH.

So, you know what? Forget the anime! When I feel up to getting back into Durarara (since I'm juggling way too much as it is right now), I'm just gonna read the manga or the novel! You terrible, terrible people! You ruined two of the best characters of the series!! You're like a genie, whatever company is making season 2! You gave us what we wanted, but with a terrible twist! *Dramatically collapses onto a fancy couch* Whyyyyyy?!!

Itty Bit

Fandom Wars! They are so pointless! C:
"No Bronies, you are not allowed to watch Steven Universe, it is my show! Despite having nothing to do with making it!"

Chromastone64

I live in a village called Southwater. It's in the countryside, so there's a lovely big field in front of our main road...
...Which we won't be seeing for much longer because they are building OVER 600 MORE HOUSES IN IT.
Yeah, now I get the beautiful sight of BRICKS when we leave the village.
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Itty Bit on 2015 Mar 18, 12:01:45
Fandom Wars! They are so pointless! C:
"No Bronies, you are not allowed to watch Steven Universe, it is my show! Despite having nothing to do with making it!"

They don't actually mean "Bronies aren't allowed to watch Steven Universe" in a literal sense.
They mean "If you're gonna be a fan of Steven Universe, just be a fan, like the rest of us. Don't go around calling yourselves Gemtlemen! When you do that, you're saying 'I'm super special for liking this show' and you're going to be like the bronies who feel entitled and think MLP and all of its merchandise should be for them. We don't want these 'Gemtlemen' ruining things like that! Steven Universe is for everyone, and you're not some special separate group that needs to define themselves with a special name like Gemtleman or Brony!"

It does kind of make sense, considering there really are bronies who legitimately forget that MLP is still for children, not just us. They get all angry and upset about merchandise that's "too kiddy" and not super detailed, and they get really snobbish about being a brony. I can understand my fellow Steven Universe fans not wanting people who're like that creating a toxic spot in the fandom, especially when it comes to the bronies who like to make... er... NSFW art. Steven Universe fans are terrified of the possibility that Gemtlemen might start drawing NSFW art of the show.

Itty Bit

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Mar 18, 12:22:41
They don't actually mean "Bronies aren't allowed to watch Steven Universe" in a literal sense.
They mean "If you're gonna be a fan of Steven Universe, just be a fan, like the rest of us. Don't go around calling yourselves Gemtlemen! When you do that, you're saying 'I'm super special for liking this show' and you're going to be like the bronies who feel entitled and think MLP and all of its merchandise should be for them. We don't want these 'Gemtlemen' ruining things like that! Steven Universe is for everyone, and you're not some special separate group that needs to define themselves with a special name like Gemtleman or Brony!"

It does kind of make sense, considering there really are bronies who legitimately forget that MLP is still for children, not just us. They get all angry and upset about merchandise that's "too kiddy" and not super detailed, and they get really snobbish about being a brony. I can understand my fellow Steven Universe fans not wanting people who're like that creating a toxic spot in the fandom, especially when it comes to the bronies who like to make... er... NSFW art. Steven Universe fans are terrified of the possibility that Gemtlemen might start drawing NSFW art of the show.

I see what you mean, and when you put it that way, it does make a good deal of sense. The only thing that really confuses me is that out of my year of liking the show, I've never heard the term "Gemtlemen" (That doesn't even have a good ring to it...) being thrown around before. But if that really is a thing, then I can see why some fans would be irate about it.

I guess my bias towards what I see on Tumblr, and how the general conscious of MLP is over there gave me a more biased opinion to this whole kerkuffle. I just thought it was Tumblr hating them just for the sake of hating them, which happens a lot.

Midnight Breeze

The North Richland Hills police department invited me to take the recruitment test saying I looked like a promising candidate...then told me I need 30 college hours to be considered. QQ

Why even invite me if my application says I have only a high school diploma?

Randam Saiko

Spoiler: Since the current discussion is about creeps and fandoms, let the users of tumblr preach. • show

Spoiler: TL;DR • show

[Spoiler=And then there's also a charity event I attended] Now, I don't believe I am allowed to talk about all of the details here, so I will simply call this, fandom X (a few of you may recognize the events). Now the story begins with an incident that was caused by 2 girls who were inspired by a famous character in fandom X and as a result, injured their friend. The story then got to fandom X and sparked many third-party articles claiming everyone in fandom X are psychos and threats to society. A week after the incident, several famous members of the fandom got together and held a 24hr livestream event where they gave entertainment and accepted donations from attendees. All of the proceeds went directly to help pay for the victim's medical bills and any leftover money went to several charities.[/spoiler]

Emit, you mischievous little...
My OCs

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Itty Bit on 2015 Mar 18, 14:01:50
I see what you mean, and when you put it that way, it does make a good deal of sense. The only thing that really confuses me is that out of my year of liking the show, I've never heard the term "Gemtlemen" (That doesn't even have a good ring to it...) being thrown around before. But if that really is a thing, then I can see why some fans would be irate about it.

I guess my bias towards what I see on Tumblr, and how the general conscious of MLP is over there gave me a more biased opinion to this whole kerkuffle. I just thought it was Tumblr hating them just for the sake of hating them, which happens a lot.

As far as I've seen, Gemtlemen is kind of a new thing, and SU fans are like "No, no, no, don't try to call yourself something separate, we should be one whole fandom! When you set yourselves apart from the rest of us, most of you might become entitled and obnoxious!"

Quote from: Randam Saiko on 2015 Mar 18, 15:31:58
Spoiler: Since the current discussion is about creeps and fandoms, let the users of tumblr preach. • show

Spoiler: TL;DR • show

[Spoiler=And then there's also a charity event I attended] Now, I don't believe I am allowed to talk about all of the details here, so I will simply call this, fandom X (a few of you may recognize the events). Now the story begins with an incident that was caused by 2 girls who were inspired by a famous character in fandom X and as a result, injured their friend. The story then got to fandom X and sparked many third-party articles claiming everyone in fandom X are psychos and threats to society. A week after the incident, several famous members of the fandom got together and held a 24hr livestream event where they gave entertainment and accepted donations from attendees. All of the proceeds went directly to help pay for the victim's medical bills and any leftover money went to several charities.[/spoiler]

I know exactly what you're talking about.
Those two girls were mentally unstable, and their mental health shouldn't be taken as a reflection of that entire fandom.

Every fandom has a dark corner and bad eggs, and fandoms shouldn't be judged based on those dark corners and bad eggs.

Rissian

2015 Mar 19, 14:05:00 #15776 Last Edit: 2015 Mar 19, 14:33:42 by Trege
My cold is finally gone, but I have the itchy throat that's left over for a few days afterwards that makes you cough a bit.  :l

Stardust Dragon

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Mar 19, 12:42:12
Those two girls were mentally unstable, and their mental health shouldn't be taken as a reflection of that entire fandom.

Every fandom has a dark corner and bad eggs, and fandoms shouldn't be judged based on those dark corners and bad eggs.

But where's the sensational news in that?  "Fans of Show X raise money for charity" isn't going to garner nearly as much interest as "Fanatics following the teachings of Show X to blame for catastrophe!"

On that note, sensationalist journalism.  That is all.  :l

Chromastone64

I have a friend at collage who wants to be a videogame journalist.
...and then he said he LOOKS UP TO IGN.
The poor, misguided soul...
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Sunshine Smash

Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2015 Mar 19, 14:38:24
I have a friend at collage who wants to be a videogame journalist.
...and then he said he LOOKS UP TO IGN.
The poor, misguided soul...

I give his role models a 7.8/10. Too much bizarre criticisms.

Deep inside..... We're kindred spirits...... You..... And I......

Go Up