Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Randam Saiko

Making OC (Original Content) as a present for someone:

Me: Phew, finally done. I hope they like it! *Sends*

Moments later...

Me: Wait...I just realized there was an error, new ways to improve it, and they might end up hating it based on those two.... *Panics and looks for an unsend button*

Me: NO! NO! NO! HOW DO I UNSEND?!

Emit, you mischievous little...
My OCs

Midnight Breeze

Rissian

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2015 Mar 09, 20:40:30
Spoiler: show

I hate the dreaded job loop. Best Buy expects you to have 6 months to 1 year of experience just to be a cashier which is pretty annoying. I doubt being a cashier in Best Buy is much different from being one at Walmart, and I doubt it'd require a year of experience elsewhere to figure it out. Not everyone is going to be bad with handling customers either. It also sucks that self checkouts are starting to replace people as workers in stores so that means even less jobs for people starting out. Sure they have one person watching the self checkout but that's a lot less than multiple cashiers.

My cat Leah keeps jumping in front of my monitor. I ended up luring her out of my room with a laser pointer. x3

Bakasan94

Quote from: Bakasan94 on 2015 Mar 09, 06:10:44
Quote from: Chibalt on 2015 Mar 09, 06:01:01
Pretty much, the top one is just a little bit shinier.

Photoshop.
And with military surplus, the colors may vary a bit, especially if they're used.

I found a webstore that sells these same shirts but unissued.
They costs 9,95€ (Largest size, 20 (195-205/115cm) costs 11,95€).

With the 42£, that the shirt costs on that weird fashion thing site, you can buy all these on Varusteleka and still have a bit money left.

And yes, I picked the largest sizes which are more expensive.

Midnight Breeze

People who walk around with their phone on speaker. Do you think your conversation is that interesting that the whole world needs to near it?

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Trege on 2015 Mar 10, 09:45:46
I hate the dreaded job loop. Best Buy expects you to have 6 months to 1 year of experience just to be a cashier which is pretty annoying. I doubt being a cashier in Best Buy is much different from being one at Walmart, and I doubt it'd require a year of experience elsewhere to figure it out. Not everyone is going to be bad with handling customers either. It also sucks that self checkouts are starting to replace people as workers in stores so that means even less jobs for people starting out. Sure they have one person watching the self checkout but that's a lot less than multiple cashiers.

Walmart keeps having, like, 3 or 4, maybe 5 if we're lucky, cashiers on duty.
I somehow doubt that cashiers will be completely eliminated, since some people can't do self-checkout, such as the physically disabled, and not every physically disabled person has someone who can go to the store with them.

I just now thought of how both checkout options are pretty bad for little people. :c Maybe not so much those who are 4'11" and such, but those who are even shorter. How are they supposed to put their stuff on the conveyer belt? Do cashiers call over an employee to help?

*Sigh* Everything is built for average size people. I'm only 1 inch away from the max height of a little person, which is 4'11", and some things are too tall or too high for me. There was a window I had to go to when getting set up for college where I had to stand on my toes just to see the surface of the counter. >:/

It's actually gotten to the point where I stand on my toes without realizing I'm doing it. I'm just so used to having to stand on my toes when I reach for something above my head. Grace made me realize that one day, when she giggled that I was on my toes.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Night Pony

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Mar 10, 12:30:31
I somehow doubt that cashiers will be completely eliminated, since some people can't do self-checkout, such as the physically disabled, and not every physically disabled person has someone who can go to the store with them.

I just now thought of how both checkout options are pretty bad for little people. :c Maybe not so much those who are 4'11" and such, but those who are even shorter. How are they supposed to put their stuff on the conveyer belt? Do cashiers call over an employee to help?

*Sigh* Everything is built for average size people. I'm only 1 inch away from the max height of a little person, which is 4'11", and some things are too tall or too high for me. There was a window I had to go to when getting set up for college where I had to stand on my toes just to see the surface of the counter. >:/

It's actually gotten to the point where I stand on my toes without realizing I'm doing it. I'm just so used to having to stand on my toes when I reach for something above my head. Grace made me realize that one day, when she giggled that I was on my toes.

Now I'm quite curious how tall you are compared to me.  :s Yeah I know you say how tall you are in inches but I'm bad at visualising with inches (or meters for that matter).  X3

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Rissian

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Mar 10, 12:30:31

I actually wonder if I would have to do the same. I'm only 4 inches taller than you. I have to stand on my toes sometimes myself at walmart to reach stuff. It was weird when me and my uncle visited a military base to eat lunch with his friend in Florida. Nearly everyone there was taller than me, my uncle mentioned that all the people there were likely younger than I was as well.

So I got some cherry pepsi yesterday. I forgot why I stopped drinking it, then a few hours later I realized it was because cherry pepsi causes me stomach problems.  :c

Pipkin

While driving to the dentist i was run off the road. Someone decided to try passing someone and didn't stop, and instead flashed his lights at me to move out of the way. He was in MY lane.  If i did that two days ago with snow and ice on the shoulder i would have been upside down in the ditch

Vick McBread

People are STILL gonna be replaced. There are AI systems now that can do EVERYTHING in a restaurant.
Vick McBread; the small orange pegasus stallion is BACK!
Steam: -CHA- Vick McBread
I do RPs. Here, and on steam.
I just wanna say "hello."

Chibalt

Quote from: Vick McBread on 2015 Mar 10, 17:19:35
People are STILL gonna be replaced. There are AI systems now that can do EVERYTHING in a restaurant.

Eventually there is not going to be enough jobs for everyone, it will simply be unreasonable to expect everyone to get a job as the number of jobs that can be, and is, automated, rises. After all, why would a factory owner for example, have tons of employees when he can invest in automating almost the entire thing and, within only roughly two-three years, save pretty much the entire cost of the automation in wages he'd otherwise have had to pay.

It's simply impossible for everyone to get jobs in the future if things are automated much more, so I find the conception that everyone MUST have jobs a little silly when people do not realise that the number of people wanting a job will far outstrip the actual amount of avalible jobs. It annoys me really how little people like that think ahead, reminds me of the gaming industry, can't sell a game for two million dollars within the first month? It's a failure, regardless of if it sells for well over ten million at a much later date through things such as steam.
My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11833.msg777677#msg777677
Don't be afraid to make suggestions regarding any of the characters there if you have some.

Greyscaleisme

RP posts that go like this: *walks to door and opens* "Oh, sorry to interrupt" *closes door and walks off* there is zero context, it's hard to read, and looks childish! I could go off on a three hour rant about this, but I won't for the sake of any poor soul who decided to read it.
'Cause sometimes to stay alive you gotta kill your mind.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Vick McBread on 2015 Mar 10, 17:19:35

Hi Vick! :D Welcome back!

And yeah, that's seriously bad news. :s A lot of older adults think it's so easy to get a job. It was easy when they were younger, but it's not now.

Chibalt

Quote from: Greyscaleisme on 2015 Mar 10, 17:37:14
RP posts that go like this: *walks to door and opens* "Oh, sorry to interrupt" *closes door and walks off* there is zero context, it's hard to read, and looks childish! I could go off on a three hour rant about this, but I won't for the sake of any poor soul who decided to read it.

The biggest problem with posts like this is that there is absolutely no details, expressions, tones of voice or anything for characters to react to or pick up on, you can't tell if the pony is annoyed, genuinely sorry, faking it, sarcastic, nervous, anything! It gives absolutely nothing to work with, I'm not saying everyone has to be incredibly good at writing posts but at least they should make an effort to improve, I've RPed with several mediocre players before and I've been fine with it, why? Because those usually almost always actually try to improve in how they post and such, they take tips and such as tips and tricks that are useful instead of seeing it as insulting their abilities.

Everyone was a beginner at some point, so don't expect everyone to instantly be at your own level, help them on the way to it instead of just shouting at them to improve without giving any help at all.
My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11833.msg777677#msg777677
Don't be afraid to make suggestions regarding any of the characters there if you have some.

Greyscaleisme

Quote from: Chibalt on 2015 Mar 10, 17:52:31
The biggest problem with posts like this is that there is absolutely no details, expressions, tones of voice or anything for characters to react to or pick up on, you can't tell if the pony is annoyed, genuinely sorry, faking it, sarcastic, nervous, anything! It gives absolutely nothing to work with, I'm not saying everyone has to be incredibly good at writing posts but at least they should make an effort to improve, I've RPed with several mediocre players before and I've been fine with it, why? Because those usually almost always actually try to improve in how they post and such, they take tips and such as tips and tricks that are useful instead of seeing it as insulting their abilities.

Everyone was a beginner at some point, so don't expect everyone to instantly be at your own level, help them on the way to it instead of just shouting at them to improve without giving any help at all.

Yeah, sometimes it's just hard to understand why they would post like that is 90% of the RPs here show the 'better' way of RPing. I just get rather upset when people who have been RPing for a while (over 6 months) still post like that. It's just rather, undesirable, for someone such as myself who is both a perfectionist and a writer.
'Cause sometimes to stay alive you gotta kill your mind.

Midnight Breeze

20 odd minutes ago, some idiot parked RIGHT outside my apartment, got out of their truck, and left the window rolled down blaring their 'music' (if you can even call it that) at 10:30 at night.

I called the cops. I ain't walking down in my pajamas to confront them. Besides, anyone rude and inconsiderate enough to blare music at an apartment complex at 10:30 would probably just give me the typical 'F you' anyway.

Chishio Kunrin

When I'm trying to type something up that I have to really focus on thinking about, and my mom won't stop talking to me. I can't think and concentrate on what I'm typing while listening to her talk. o_o Or while listening to anyone talk, for that matter. And sometimes she just decides to tell me a story or talk a lot about something, and these days, she sometimes needs to think out loud because of the medications she's taking.

Midnight Breeze

Whenever I'm short on cash I start having really irrational regrets like "If I hadn't spent that 10 dollars back in June..."

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2015 Mar 12, 18:30:06
Whenever I'm short on cash I start having really irrational regrets like "If I hadn't spent that 10 dollars back in June..."

"If I hadn't bought that snack..."
"If I hadn't ordered that pizza... I mean, sure, I used a coupon and it was pretty cheap."
After buying nothing but food, I sometimes feel like I need to buy an actual object that'll last, or else I feel like I've been wasting money. It's stupid.

Zsaszz

There's a volcano that had been inactive for many years but yesterday it started to throw big amounts of smoke and ash, it's starting to get annoying to get my clothes dirty with ash just for walkin from my house to my work.

Go Up