Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Chishio Kunrin

2014 Oct 26, 14:42:41 #14480 Last Edit: 2014 Oct 26, 14:52:38 by Chishio Kunrin
My laptop keeps lagging itself.
Every time I lag, I check Task Manager to see what's lagging me. You know what it is pretty much 99.99% of the time?
Host Process for Windows Tasks
Sometimes, it uses up like half of the CPU, so when I'm trying to do other things, that adds to it, and BOOM, lag. I just wanna punch my laptop in the face.

I'm not sure, but I kinda sorta think this is a Windows 8 thing. :l
I'm going to restart my laptop and see if it makes it stop doing that. Because I am trying to watch a past broadcast on Twitch, and it's lagging pretty badly, but the only thing that Task Manager shows is being horrible is the frigging Host Process for Windows Tasks. It's not like I can close that, is it?! I don't wanna kill my laptop!

Post Merge

It looks like restarting got rid of the lag. :/ Meh.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Chromastone64

ANGRY RANT WARNING: It's a big one. I've had this bottled up for a long time, and I probably shouldn't say this, but I have to:
Spoiler: show
I REALLY don't like my dad most of the time.
He never respects us, has a "my way or you're going to the graveyard" attitude, swears CONSTANTLY over the smallest things, is completely insencitive, has a horrible case of road rage and a complete disregard for speed safety (he will do the maximum speed limit at all times, and possibly over it, even when going around corners), and he doesn't trust me (and I think my brother) at ALL. For example, a few hours ago I went up and had a shower. A few hours later, he comes down and tells my brother (who hadn't had one yet when he was supposed to straight after I finished) to "have a proper shower and not just get wet and scrape off the dirt like your brother did."
...Well, EXCUSE ME, but I had a real freaking shower in there, so shut up! You didn't see me, so YOU CAN'T ACCUSE ME OF THAT!!!
And with my mum...they're basically two people living in the same house: there's barely anything between them. It's been that way for as long as I can remember. I've NEVER heard them say "I love you" to eachother.
Oh, and when I said about his attitude? Back when I was doing math revision a few monthes ago, he PROMISED not to get angry and shout if I can't figure out a question. Now, since I had cancer, I missed a lot of math lessons. As in, basic math. I can hardly solve triple diget sums of any kind. My mind is also affected quite a bit; I can hardly focus on numbers, and prosessing them is even harder. So guess what he does? Start shouting at me to "make an actual effort" and "get my life in check". I was literaly crying from all the stress before, and I lost it, and, for once, shouted at him that I am putting in ALL my effort and he just couldn't see it. What do you think he did next?
He shoved me off my chair.
...No, he practically PUNCHED me off my chair. There was a big bruise on my shoulder and everything.
He and my mum get in an argument, and mum gets in her car, saying she's leaving. For good. Dad gets me back to my revision, and somehow in my breaking-down state, I solve a question. Mum comes back, and Dad points out the question I solved, and said:
"Well it WORKS. He's doing it now."
...Yeah. Knocking your kid off a chair and almost making your wife leave you, sending his brother into a rage and making HIM run off is a PERFECT revision method. A similar thing happened when my brother was looking for a job; my brother was really stressed, and got quite angry. I was sitting in my room, listening to them argue, when my brother shouted loudly at him. What did my dad say next?
"Do you want a fight? Because I WILL fight you."
The final thing about him...he's lazy. UNGODLY lazy. He keeps using the "you're growing up, you need to work" excuse on me and my brother so he can shove ALL his work on us.

...Phew....sorry, but I really needed to get that out.
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

LunarDusk

Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2014 Oct 26, 18:10:43
ANGRY RANT WARNING: It's a big one. I've had this bottled up for a long time, and I probably shouldn't say this, but I have to:
He never respects us, has a "my way or you're going to the graveyard" attitude, swears CONSTANTLY over the smallest things, is completely insencitive, has a horrible case of road rage and a complete disregard for speed safety (he will do the maximum speed limit at all times, and possibly over it, even when going around corners), and he doesn't trust me (and I think my brother) at ALL. For example, a few hours ago I went up and had a shower. A few hours later, he comes down and tells my brother (who hadn't had one yet when he was supposed to straight after I finished) to "have a proper shower and not just get wet and scrape off the dirt like your brother did."
...Well, EXCUSE ME, but I had a real freaking shower in there, so shut up! You didn't see me, so YOU CAN'T ACCUSE ME OF THAT!!!
And with my mum...they're basically two people living in the same house: there's barely anything between them. It's been that way for as long as I can remember. I've NEVER heard them say "I love you" to eachother.
Oh, and when I said about his attitude? Back when I was doing math revision a few monthes ago, he PROMISED not to get angry and shout if I can't figure out a question. Now, since I had cancer, I missed a lot of math lessons. As in, basic math. I can hardly solve triple diget sums of any kind. My mind is also affected quite a bit; I can hardly focus on numbers, and prosessing them is even harder. So guess what he does? Start shouting at me to "make an actual effort" and "get my life in check". I was literaly crying from all the stress before, and I lost it, and, for once, shouted at him that I am putting in ALL my effort and he just couldn't see it. What do you think he did next?
...No, he practically PUNCHED me off my chair. There was a big bruise on my shoulder and everything.
He and my mum get in an argument, and mum gets in her car, saying she's leaving. For good. Dad gets me back to my revision, and somehow in my breaking-down state, I solve a question. Mum comes back, and Dad points out the question I solved, and said:
...Yeah. Knocking your kid off a chair and almost making your wife leave you, sending his brother into a rage and making HIM run off is a PERFECT revision method. A similar thing happened when my brother was looking for a job; my brother was really stressed, and got quite angry. I was sitting in my room, listening to them argue, when my brother shouted loudly at him. What did my dad say next?
The final thing about him...he's lazy. UNGODLY lazy. He keeps using the "you're growing up, you need to work" excuse on me and my brother so he can shove ALL his work on us.

Oh....I see...  :c
"[glow=blue,2,300]Hue Lunar Dusk archmage of the EverFree at your service.[/glow]"
conflictus nec divinos

OCs
http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11752.

Elphyda

Honestly, that reminds me of my ex-step-father.  My mother left him because he did NOTHING.  Now my half brother's doing the same, but my mother won't throw him out.  I kind of wish she would.  We'd be doing much, MUCH better financially if she did.  (He's 21, an alcoholic, a thief, a drug addict, and a bottomless pit for food.  Fun fact on that: He favors eating ingredients)

ComputerDeathglare

My mom does the same thing. My dad said he wants to leave her, but is afraid she'll hurt me and my brother before he can get custody.
By Sulfur

dA
Tumblr (SFW)

Randam Saiko

When someone think they're giving you advice, but it actually sounds like they're trying to tell you how to/what to do.

Examples:

Advice:
"A good idea is to reduce your carbohydrate intake due to...blah blah blah."

Shut Up:
"You need to stop eating so much."

Emit, you mischievous little...
My OCs

Midnight Breeze

When fools think they're being incredibly original and witty by saying "You'd better treat me right, my taxes pay your salary!"

I work for a private hospital, cuz, medical bills pay my salary.

Chack

Jesus... And he get's away with it?!
Wait for it...

Ramisha

Am Ithe only one here with a normal family?

Peace Keeper

If by normal you mean like no abusive, corrupt, or dumb family members, than no.
Representing the Element of Peace, my name is Peacekeeper, and I am an Evershade Crusader. I am also a proud member of Chat-o-Landia. My talent is preventing conflict and maintaining order.

Night Pony

Quote from: Ramisha on 2014 Oct 29, 17:31:58
Am Ithe only one here with a normal family?

Nope, my family is great.

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

LunarDusk

"[glow=blue,2,300]Hue Lunar Dusk archmage of the EverFree at your service.[/glow]"
conflictus nec divinos

OCs
http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11752.

Midnight Breeze

Why do southerners have to be so dang polite? I don't want to have to say "Good morning" to every single solitary person I pass on the street or in the hall. Especially when there's nothing good about it from my end.

Peace Keeper

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Oct 29, 19:51:27
Why do southerners have to be so dang polite? I don't want to have to say "Good morning" to every single solitary person I pass on the street or in the hall. Especially when there's nothing good about it from my end.

Welcome to Fiji. Over there, it is taboo to not say hi to everyone.
Representing the Element of Peace, my name is Peacekeeper, and I am an Evershade Crusader. I am also a proud member of Chat-o-Landia. My talent is preventing conflict and maintaining order.

Pipkin

Quote from: Peace Keeper on 2014 Oct 29, 19:55:00

*coughCanadianehcough*

;)

Randam Saiko

Quote from: LaptopBrony on 2014 Oct 29, 20:19:24

*coughCanadianehcough*

;)

Spoiler: Canada • show

Whenever something terrible happens to me or is about to happen (like a few days in advanced), my entire mind just hops on board train wreck central. Just every thought about the future is a spiraling train track into a gorge of anticipated depression.

Emit, you mischievous little...
My OCs

Greyscaleisme

Quote from: Randam Saiko on 2014 Oct 29, 21:32:37
Quote from: LaptopBrony on 2014 Oct 29, 20:19:24

*coughCanadianehcough*

;)

Spoiler: Canada • show

Whenever something terrible happens to me or is about to happen (like a few days in advanced), my entire mind just hops on board train wreck central. Just every thought about the future is a spiraling train track into a gorge of anticipated depression.

*is southern* :ajshifty:
'Cause sometimes to stay alive you gotta kill your mind.

Rush of MLP

That's just when you just say "Morning", nod in their general direction (or fake a brief smile), or just don't respond. The last two may get you an irritated look, but they'll likely forget by lunchtime or say "Good morning" the next day. They almost always work for me, anyways.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Rush of MLP on 2014 Oct 29, 22:56:17

That's just when you just say "Morning", nod in their general direction (or fake a brief smile), or just don't respond. The last two may get you an irritated look, but they'll likely forget by lunchtime or say "Good morning" the next day. They almost always work for me, anyways.

And when you leave a business place or when a delivery person leaves your house, they're going to tell you to have a good day or evening, and you can just reply with "You too." ^-^
Never really occurred to me that this is all a south thing, to be honest.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Oct 30, 11:06:38
Never really occurred to me that this is all a south thing, to be honest.

Cashiers saying "have a nice day" isn't an southern thing, it's an American thing. I'm told other countries find it creepy.

Go Up