Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Night Pony

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Oct 30, 17:53:32
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Oct 30, 11:06:38
Never really occurred to me that this is all a south thing, to be honest.

Cashiers saying "have a nice day" isn't an southern thing, it's an American thing. I'm told other countries find it creepy.

Here often the cashier says that, or something of the sort. It ain't creepy here atleast.

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Midnight Breeze

I recall reading a humorous blog post about "What Americans say vs what they mean".

What they say: "Have a nice day, sir!"

What they mean: "I don't know you and I really don't care what you do for the rest of the day, but please God don't tell my boss I was rude to you."

Chishio Kunrin

Cashiers saying "have a nice day" isn't an southern thing, it's an American thing. I'm told other countries find it creepy.

The front desk lady at the dentist's office, the pizza delivery guy, the waitress at IHOP...
I usually don't mind it, since I can wave it away with "You too" and the fact that they likely don't mind if I don't respond.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Chrisgotjar

We have that here in the UK too. When I was working in a supermarket we were pretty much told to say it during our training.
You appear to be reading a signature my good sir/madam.

Chishio Kunrin

When I'm excited to see a new episode of something, sit down, ready to watch, but I can't because I'm surrounded with people who keep talking and talking and talking and talking. All I can think while sitting there is "Shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up everyone shut up so I can watch this! Take your conversation somewhere else!"

I am that excited and impatient to see it, but I don't want to say anything because I don't want to be rude. :c So I just bring up that the new episode has come out and I really wanna see it. But they're like "Oh okay" and then keep talking. :( So I just have to sit here and wait until they're done. >.<

Pipkin

Quote from: Chrisgotjar on 2014 Oct 30, 18:23:26

We have that here in the UK too. When I was working in a supermarket we were pretty much told to say it during our training.

Same here in Canada....Thing is, being a manager for a grocery store it's important for us to be polite for PR sake

It's not an American thing.....it's good customer relations...

Julius

Quote from: LaptopBrony on 2014 Oct 30, 20:35:52
Quote from: Chrisgotjar on 2014 Oct 30, 18:23:26

Same here in Canada....Thing is, being a manager for a grocery store it's important for us to be polite for PR sake

It's not an American thing.....it's good customer relations...

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's like that everywhere... o.O
Purr~

Midnight Breeze

Eh, I've apparently been misinformed on the issue then. The only foreign countries I've been to are Mexico and Jamaica; and the vendors and shopkeepers were...edgy, one might say.

I'd love to travel more, but in the short term I can't even afford to take a vacation in my own state, much less another country.

Ramisha

Every person I could maybe call a friend here has left. Well at least I can message them on skype, but that's not as fun.
Ps. cashiers here will just say thank you and goodbye. At least as far as I can recall. I can't really remember now, I never really pay attention to that.

Chromastone64

There's a RWBY roleplay, but no-ones joining it... ono
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Night Pony

Velvet didn't show her weapon.

TwilightNight

Slow walkers and loud/repetitive noises.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Night Pony on 2014 Oct 31, 16:22:03

Sage and Scarlet didn't show up. :(
And the tension was killed pretty quickly.

Midnight Breeze

The way my mother fights tooth and nail to convince me not to move away. I've told her multiple times in no uncertain times that I am not happy here, nor will I ever be, but she wants me to stay because "she would miss me". As if she's one to talk, her 91 year old mother lives in Houma, 4 hours south of here. I'm only trying to move 80 minutes north, so it's not like we'll never see each other again.

Granted in the long term I want to move to Dallas - mi ciuidad encantada, but still that's only 5 hours away max. She's retiring soon so she'll have plenty of free time to visit if she's that reluctant to cut the umbilical cord. I'm not going to live my whole life unhappy just to appease her helicopter parent syndrome.

Pipkin

It's snowing....

STILL!!  :l

Night Pony

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Nov 01, 00:53:43

I didn't even notice them.  X3 But Velvet's weapon was so hyped.  >:( And I thought her box would be bigger. I guess they are bigger on the inside. lol
Also is this the end of vol 2?

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Night Pony on 2014 Nov 01, 05:14:47

I didn't even notice them.  X3 But Velvet's weapon was so hyped.  >:( And I thought her box would be bigger. I guess they are bigger on the inside. lol

They're only in the opening and in the distance in an aerial shot outside the auditorium in episode 5 (Extracurricular). :l Why put them in the intro if they're not actually going to have a real appearance?

And yeah, it was the volume 2 finale.

Also, they showed that one thing (the after credits scene) way too soon.
Spoiler: show
Unless they play it off as only being a dream of Yang's desires, anyway. A good writing decision would be to have us have to wait until late in volume 3 at the very least to see anything of that.

When something sucky happens out of nowhere.
My headphones were working perfectly fine. I got up, left the room for a very brief while, came back, put them on, and they suddenly only worked on one side! Really?! No gradual fail?! Just out of the blue, stopped working?!

Needless to say, I'm very angry.
We don't have the money to be throwing around buying me new headphones whenever my stupid headphones die! And I cannot stand to even try to endure them only working on one side! It would drive me insane. And I prefer to use my headphones because sometimes other people are around and don't want to hear what I'm watching/listening to, or sometimes I can't hear what I'm watching without headphones because of people around me. That, and overall, I feel like the audio is clearer in headphones than coming from my laptop's speakers, and it lets me get immersed in the video better.

Greyscaleisme

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Nov 01, 11:14:11

They're only in the opening and in the distance in an aerial shot outside the auditorium in episode 5 (Extracurricular). :l Why put them in the intro if they're not actually going to have a real appearance?

Unless they play it off as only being a dream of Yang's desires, anyway. A good writing decision would be to have us have to wait until late in volume 3 at the very least to see anything of that.

My headphones were working perfectly fine. I got up, left the room for a very brief while, came back, put them on, and they suddenly only worked on one side! Really?! No gradual fail?! Just out of the blue, stopped working?!

We don't have the money to be throwing around buying me new headphones whenever my stupid headphones die! And I cannot stand to even try to endure them only working on one side! It would drive me insane. And I prefer to use my headphones because sometimes other people are around and don't want to hear what I'm watching/listening to, or sometimes I can't hear what I'm watching without headphones because of people around me. That, and overall, I feel like the audio is clearer in headphones than coming from my laptop's speakers, and it lets me get immersed in the video better.

I know the pain, one thing I've found, is that shelling out an extra ten bucks really makes a difference. I had been sticking with the sucky 9-10 buck ones, so when I got some extra money over the summer I bought a 30 buck pair. These guys have held up to young siblings, water, and day-to-day wear and tear.
'Cause sometimes to stay alive you gotta kill your mind.

Night Pony

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Nov 01, 11:14:11

[spoiler]Unless they play it off as only being a dream of Yang's desires, anyway. A good writing decision would be to have us have to wait until late in volume 3 at the very least to see anything of that.

[/quote][/spoiler]

I thought that would be Ruby's instead of Yang's since children mainly get the colour of the same sex parent. But yeah, she was shown in one episode then in the next she was revealed. No mystery/suspense. Unless she is indeed white rose too. lol

Midnight Breeze

I swear this thought literally just occurred to me for the very first time in over 15 years: How the heck do Spongebob and Squidward afford their own houses working at the Krusty Krab?

Go Up