OC Rating Service

Started by EpicElrod22, 2014 Nov 06, 22:52:39

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

EpicElrod22

2014 Nov 06, 22:52:39 Last Edit: 2014 Nov 06, 22:55:54 by EpicElrod22
Firstly, This is not a trolling "Service". Secondly, please do not put Troll/Joke COs on here.
This is for people to get their OC rated for Stereotypicalness or MarySueness.

Rules:
Don't post too many or overwhelm me. I will try to get these done fast.

You must include:
Full name
AT LEAST a very detailed description ( pictures are best and help me rate better)
A bit of backstory-- The more the better! (place of birth, etc.)
A bit of family history-- The more the better!
Personal history (job, friends, relationships, etc) (Once again-- The more the better)
Personality and hobbies

OCs will be rated on originality, detail, non-Mary Sue or Stereotypicalness and neatness.

GlassMirror

Even though my OC has already been rated a bunch of times, and since no one commented yet, I might as well start with one! :3

My OC Relic has a detailed story, and it might be a lot so I'll just give you the link to it. Is that ok with you? :)

EpicElrod22

Quote from: GlassMirror on 2014 Nov 07, 10:48:27
Even though my OC has already been rated a bunch of times, and since no one commented yet, I might as well start with one! :3

My OC Relic has a detailed story, and it might be a lot so I'll just give you the link to it. Is that ok with you? :)

Well, I don't really like dragon ponies because they are synonymous with dark past. BUT: he has a backstory, he is not actually dark past. I'm not too fond of super-strong OCs, but he isn't OP. I like that he is not Mr. Bad@$$ with epic evil attitude instead he has a gentle personality. Even though he is a bit common in style, I would still accept him because is isn't ultra stereotypical or strong. He also has a well developed backstory. So I give him the OK. :3

GlassMirror

Quote from: EpicElrod22 on 2014 Nov 07, 18:12:19
Quote from: GlassMirror on 2014 Nov 07, 10:48:27

Well, I don't really like dragon ponies because they are synonymous with dark past. BUT: he has a backstory, he is not actually dark past. I'm not too fond of super-strong OCs, but he isn't OP. I like that he is not Mr. Bad@$$ with epic evil attitude instead he has a gentle personality. Even though he is a bit common in style, I would still accept him because is isn't ultra stereotypical or strong. He also has a well developed backstory. So I give him the OK. :3

yayz! :3

annosrules

I know he's well liked, but an extra opinion is always nice. Enjoy! Blazing Legend

EpicElrod22

Quote from: annosrules on 2014 Nov 07, 20:46:59
I know he's well liked, but an extra opinion is always nice. Enjoy! Blazing Legend
I love that he is very original! Not many COs are earth ponies. I like his extremely detailed backstory and personality. He is definitely a good OC!  X3 I would actually probably use him in a story if he was mine.  :3 Even though I don't really judge on color, (besides red and black, that is) I would give him points for his very good color scheme.
   All in all, this is a well made OC, (I'm loving the no dark past) good job! :3

annosrules

Thanks for the critique! I'd ask about Match Stick, but he isn't quite finished. But feel free to critique it anyway.

EpicElrod22

Quote from: annosrules on 2014 Nov 08, 20:52:57
Thanks for the critique! I'd ask about Match Stick, but he isn't quite finished. But feel free to critique it anyway.
Though he is not finished, I can see him being a very good OC. Fire power usually comes with a bad OC, but he is very well developed. I like his color pattern and his unique abilities and personality. I also like the background story with him. Very good job developing unique OCs, annosrules! :3

annosrules

I based his character design of of D&D's Nightmares.
Spoiler: show

Night Pony

Quote from: annosrules on 2014 Nov 09, 12:45:30
I based his character design of of D&D's Nightmares.

Kinda reminds me of Ruin.

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Dark Hooves

<br /><br />everypony is capable of great good or great evil but everypony should be treated like their worth giving a chance<br /><br />My OCs. http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=6860.0

Etherdrone

2014 Nov 09, 15:24:00 #11 Last Edit: 2014 Nov 10, 15:15:59 by Etherdrone
I quite like Blazing Legend, he has that explorer vibe that's meant to be, you know?

For some reason, no one seems to be talking too much on his page, but here's a link to my OC, Classius Von Mayberk. He's meant to be a little over-the-top, but let me know what y'all think!

annosrules

Quote from: Etherdrone on 2014 Nov 09, 15:24:00
I quite like Blazing Legend, he has that explorer vibe that's meant to be, you know?

Unfortunately I can't really develop because I started an RP a while back and I don't have any takers so far, and i haven't seen any new RP's that he would fit into.

-ReiMar-

How about mine?) Link is in my signature) If some points look too OP for you even with listed drawbacks, do point 'em out. I'll see what I can do))
:]

EpicElrod22

2014 Nov 10, 14:07:27 #14 Last Edit: 2014 Nov 10, 14:22:31 by EpicElrod22
Quote from: Dark Hooves on 2014 Nov 09, 14:07:58
how's about rating OC Angel's Breath

here is the link http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=6860.msg557579#msg557579
Angel's Breath is Ok, but Dark Hooves is not very good in my standards. I will automatically hate Alicorn OCs because all bad OCs are Alicorns. BUT: you can make up for it because his personality is not stereotypical. He also is not OP, so that is good. I would not have him as one of my OCs, but I won't condemn him as bad.

Post Merge

Quote from: Etherdrone on 2014 Nov 09, 15:24:00

For some reason, no one seems to be talking too much on his page, but here's a link to my OC, Classius on Mayberk. He's meant to be a little over-the-top, but let me know what y'all think!
I love him! He is like something that I would make.  :3 Awesome detail on the backstory and personality! Wonderful! Just marvelous! :3

Post Merge

Quote from: -ReiMar- on 2014 Nov 10, 13:06:08
How about mine?) Link is in my signature) If some points look too OP for you even with listed drawbacks, do point 'em out. I'll see what I can do))
I could have sworn I rated this before or commented on another topic... >:/ meh I will rate it anyway.

Very interesting and origional. I don't much like dragon ponies, BUT: she was not one by birth or magical enlightenment. (whatever that means) Instead she has a very detailed backstory and reason to be one. I like the concept and think you did a good job.

Dark Hooves

thanks, i did attempt to make Dark Hooves balanced out, he possesses the ability of flight and magic, but both are weaker than a pure pegasus and a pure unicorn, btw Dark Hooves is my Ponysona

Angel's Breath isn't faster than Rainbow Dash and she was never meant to be, she also isn't very outgoing like RBD either, she is a little bit shy around ponies she hasn't met before, but once she gets to know them, she is a friend for life
<br /><br />everypony is capable of great good or great evil but everypony should be treated like their worth giving a chance<br /><br />My OCs. http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=6860.0

-ReiMar-

Many thanks) I also have another OC who is also a "Quilin", but only because Scale is. It's messy kinda, she's a Dark OC, so I am unsure if I should upload her to OC section...But you can see her pic on my avatar)

Peace Keeper

2014 Nov 11, 17:04:25 #18 Last Edit: 2014 Nov 11, 17:56:50 by Peace Keeper
I did had a couple of comments for my OC. It was very early and now I did some adjustments to him.
I would like an opinion from you.

I am not sure how you judge ponysonas, so I will probably add a non-ponysona OC.
So here are the 2 OCs to judge, one a ponysona with a regular life, and one that's a little outside of society.

-Peacekeeper
-Cheveyo (His story is not as long, almost brief. Sorry if it doesn't have enough info.)
http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13069.0

I'll take any criticism.
... And yes... My OCs suck. lol
Representing the Element of Peace, my name is Peacekeeper, and I am an Evershade Crusader. I am also a proud member of Chat-o-Landia. My talent is preventing conflict and maintaining order.

EpicElrod22

Ok, sorry I have not been posting, I've been busy. Too busy >:O I have to lock this thread. I'm sorry. I just can't keep up. DD:

Go Up