Things in Pokemon games I'll never understand

Started by Lord of Madness, 2012 Aug 05, 08:32:12

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Lord of Madness

Quote from: Nala Valor on 2013 Jan 07, 11:26:46
*hatch egg*
Kangaskan!... Wait... It already have a baby in its pouch... And it's huge at birth...
*tries to understand*
Mind=blown.

lol its so true!

GoldenTerrabyte

MISSINGNO. I wish I knew more about... him...? her...? it.
I'm back

Nala Valor

MisingNo is actually not a pokemon. It's just a file with not enough data. It have Water gun and tail whip As only attacks in gen 1 and 2.
In gen 3 and up, when you encountered a double battle that is supposed to be a single battle, the second pokemon is a misingNo. It have no attacks and when you put it in your team, then make it alone in it and then replacing it with an other pokemon, MisingNo is stuck in your box and the pokemon you changed it with is gone, leving you with no pokemon. You can still your empty team which is funny.

GoldenTerrabyte

I'm back

Cobalt ZERO

2013 Jan 07, 12:48:40 #644 Last Edit: 2013 Jan 07, 12:51:23 by Cobalt ZERO
Quote from: Yellowpikmin476 on 2013 Jan 07, 12:40:13
MISSINGNO. I wish I knew more about... him...? her...? it.

he was a game glitch in pokemon.also had a name like some symbols and a "M" that was the catchable one..feed it a rare candy and it becomes a kangaskhan  lol he also comes back as the bad egg in DP/HGSS ds games. and if you catch it game freezes.. only way you can get it is through action replay.. or if youre one unlucky son a of a pony in ruby/sapphire and get it from daycare..hatch it and KAPOW! GF GAMESAVE. deletes data.

Quote from: Nala Valor on 2013 Jan 07, 12:45:18
MisingNo is actually not a pokemon. It's just a file with not enough data. It have Water gun and tail whip As only attacks in gen 1 and 2.
In gen 3 and up, when you encountered a double battle that is supposed to be a single battle, the second pokemon is a misingNo. It have no attacks and when you put it in your team, then make it alone in it and then replacing it with an other pokemon, MisingNo is stuck in your box and the pokemon you changed it with is gone, leving you with no pokemon. You can still your empty team which is funny.

he had watergun twice and sky attack

Quote from: Yellowpikmin476 on 2013 Jan 07, 12:48:29
Missingno in B&W? Possible?
  yup.. use actionreplay code for spawning pokemon in grass.. pick the number after genesect and you get bad egg which freezes game..that be missingno.
SPEAKETH WITH THE ROYAL CAPSLOCK!

GoldenTerrabyte

Did you ever hear the rumors of MISSINGNO containing lost data of Marowak evolving into Kangaskhan? I doubt it's true, but it's still fascinating...
I'm back

Cobalt ZERO

Quote from: Yellowpikmin476 on 2013 Jan 07, 12:53:09
Did you ever hear the rumors of MISSINGNO containing lost data of Marowak evolving into Kangaskhan? I doubt it's true, but it's still fascinating...

if you read my last post.. ".feed it a rare candy and it becomes a kangaskhan lol "  and yeah i heard about that.. marowak becoming kangaskhan MAKES MUCH MORE SENCE..
SPEAKETH WITH THE ROYAL CAPSLOCK!

GoldenTerrabyte

I know. That's why I brought it up. Here's my theory:
Data in Missingno once was IN Kangaskhan. They were later separated, but they failed to delete MISSINGNO.
I'm back

Tiger

Quote from: super_chris85 on 2013 Jan 06, 22:51:13
when you got a pikachu to hatch and it knew surf  ovO
Quote from: Yellowpikmin476 on 2013 Jan 07, 11:22:00
How do you do that?

There was an event somewhere, and I think it was Pokemon Red/Blue. Or Crystal and Silver and Gold. IDK.
Anyway, the event gave the people a pikachu that knew surf, and when you surfed with it it shows a pikachu with a surfboard sprite.

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

Stardust Dragon

Quote from: Tiger on 2013 Jan 08, 01:35:14
How do you do that?

There was an event somewhere, and I think it was Pokemon Red/Blue. Or Crystal and Silver and Gold. IDK.
Anyway, the event gave the people a pikachu that knew surf, and when you surfed with it it shows a pikachu with a surfboard sprite.

I have no memory of how it was done, but it was in Pokemon Yellow, when all the major focus was on Pikachu.  Bringing said Pikachu to the lone house off Route 19 would let you play a small minigame.  As far as I know you could transfer the surfing Pikachu to Gen 2 games and it'd still show a different sprite when surfing, but I don't think it did anything else.  And in recent games there's been the possibility of getting a Pikachu that can learn Surf or Fly, but they're hard to find. 

Flamestriker

Quote from: Stardust Dragon on 2013 Jan 08, 02:43:32
Quote from: Tiger on 2013 Jan 08, 01:35:14
How do you do that?

I have no memory of how it was done, but it was in Pokemon Yellow, when all the major focus was on Pikachu.  Bringing said Pikachu to the lone house off Route 19 would let you play a small minigame.  As far as I know you could transfer the surfing Pikachu to Gen 2 games and it'd still show a different sprite when surfing, but I don't think it did anything else.  And in recent games there's been the possibility of getting a Pikachu that can learn Surf or Fly, but they're hard to find. 

Exactly. It was cool watching pikachu surf though!
[move][/move]

Detective Woona

And in recent games there's been the possibility of getting a Pikachu that can learn Surf or Fly, but they're hard to find.

Steam Name: The Bird Lion
MC Name: Stalwart_Shield

Mmmm, quite.

The Silent Wolf

How Pokemon battles are legal and aren't abuse. :I
If The Silent Wolf is to long, just call me Kake

Skype if you happen to want to talk to me: Pokemonvskirby
I'm a little seal nerd, short and stout, here is my flipper, here is my snout~

Tiger

Quote from: Detective Woona on 2013 Jan 08, 13:49:02
And in recent games there's been the possibility of getting a Pikachu that can learn Surf or Fly, but they're hard to find.

Balloons.

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

Detective Woona

Quote from: Tiger on 2013 Jan 09, 02:29:24
Balloons.

Oh. Good. That's not as bad as thought it was.
I was scared there for a second.

I also briefly imagined pikachu hijacking a plane and somehow knowing how to pilot it.
Steam Name: The Bird Lion
MC Name: Stalwart_Shield

Mmmm, quite.

Flamestriker

Hahaha! That's funny! If Pikachu was a pilot, I'd pay for a ride.
[move][/move]

Lord of Madness

Quote from: The Silent Wolf on 2013 Jan 08, 14:10:52

Because the pokemon tend to enjoy them.

Book Smarts

The Silent Wolf

Quote from: Book Smarts on 2013 Jan 09, 23:20:25
Quote from: Lord of Madness on 2013 Jan 09, 22:43:13

and they just faint
Not always, in the manga they can die.  :c
If The Silent Wolf is to long, just call me Kake

Skype if you happen to want to talk to me: Pokemonvskirby
I'm a little seal nerd, short and stout, here is my flipper, here is my snout~

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: The Silent Wolf on 2013 Jan 09, 23:24:19
Quote from: Book Smarts on 2013 Jan 09, 23:20:25
Quote from: Lord of Madness on 2013 Jan 09, 22:43:13

and they just faint
Not always, in the manga they can die.  :c

It's a different world with different standards. >.<

Though, most often, if a pokemon doesn't want to fight, the trainer won't make it fight. In the games, they can ignore and disobey you (because you don't have a high enough badge), and there was an episode of the anime a long time ago where the pokemon kept refusing to even come out of their pokeballs and fight.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Go Up