Things in Pokemon games I'll never understand

Started by Lord of Madness, 2012 Aug 05, 08:32:12

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Stardust Dragon

Quote from: Flamestriker on 2012 Dec 30, 02:03:03

Time must be frozen in the pokemon anime world... and people just "appear" into it.

Well now is it any mystery why Dialga went nuts in Mystery Dungeon?  Or perhaps Roar of Time is just pent up rage at the one being able to escape Dialga's grip?  :P

Something that started to bug me about the anime world, which I stopped religiously following some time around the Battle Frontier, was the sudden use of legendary Pokemon for ordinary trainers.  I mean that Tobias (I think that was his name) has a Latios AND Darkrai on his team!  Latios I sorta get, since my understanding is that the Eon Pokemon live in herds and are just very good at keeping themselves hidden, but a Darkrai?  How'd he find that?!

Flamestriker

Quote from: Stardust Dragon on 2012 Dec 30, 02:44:02

Time must be frozen in the pokemon anime world... and people just "appear" into it.

Well now is it any mystery why Dialga went nuts in Mystery Dungeon?  Or perhaps Roar of Time is just pent up rage at the one being able to escape Dialga's grip?  :P

Something that started to bug me about the anime world, which I stopped religiously following some time around the Battle Frontier, was the sudden use of legendary Pokemon for ordinary trainers.  I mean that Tobias (I think that was his name) has a Latios AND Darkrai on his team!  Latios I sorta get, since my understanding is that the Eon Pokemon live in herds and are just very good at keeping themselves hidden, but a Darkrai?  How'd he find that?!

That's how I see it. Dialga's probably just letting off a little steam because time doesn't exist in the anime. But, whatever. Immortality in the anime is what happens, and nobody can give a reason everyone is going to agree to.

That is one thing that bugs me as well. Evern with latios, they're supposed to be extremely rare. And he only used two pokemon in that battle, which means he possibly had more.
[move][/move]

alexandas

Quote from: Flamestriker on 2012 Dec 30, 02:58:01

That's how I see it. Dialga's probably just letting off a little steam because time doesn't exist in the anime. But, whatever. Immortality in the anime is what happens, and nobody can give a reason everyone is going to agree to.

That is one thing that bugs me as well. Evern with latios, they're supposed to be extremely rare. And he only used two pokemon in that battle, which means he possibly had more.

That's an idea
[CENTER][/CENTER]
I'm probably not here, but If I am, call me moon rabbits.
This is for you, guys: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=10581.msg878328#msg878328
:ajshifty::-3 (bloomberg)

Stardust Dragon

While I've never done it in a game, I'll admit that I've worked out my "perfect Pokemon team" if they were real creatures, and I'd made a special point not to include legendaries of any sort in there.  So imagine my irritation when I find out some shmuck is using TWO if them!  Even worse, Latios is among my favorite Pokemon, which just felt like salt in the wound.

Also, I remember something on Pokememes a while back that had something to do with the rest of Tobias' team...I think the joke was it was all Magikarp or something.  I got a laugh out of it, but I can't find that picture again.  Oh well.

alexandas

Quote from: Stardust Dragon on 2012 Dec 30, 14:46:56

While I've never done it in a game, I'll admit that I've worked out my "perfect Pokemon team" if they were real creatures, and I'd made a special point not to include legendaries of any sort in there.  So imagine my irritation when I find out some shmuck is using TWO if them!  Even worse, Latios is among my favorite Pokemon, which just felt like salt in the wound.

Also, I remember something on Pokememes a while back that had something to do with the rest of Tobias' team...I think the joke was it was all Magikarp or something.  I got a laugh out of it, but I can't find that picture again.  Oh well.

It's hard for me to put legendaries in my team, because after I get pretty far in the game my pokemon's become like ashes, like you don't want to take them out of your team and would have a hard time without them. My platinum dream team: Torterra, Rotom, Drifblim, Luxray ((I think)), some water pokemon, and the last i forgot.  I'm gonna get an emulator for platinum.  And I'll remake my team for me.
[CENTER][/CENTER]
This is for you, guys: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=10581.msg878328#msg878328

Lord of Madness

Quote from: alexandas on 2012 Dec 30, 14:59:51
Spoiler: show

It's hard for me to put legendaries in my team, because after I get pretty far in the game my pokemon's become like ashes, like you don't want to take them out of your team and would have a hard time without them. My platinum dream team: Torterra, Rotom, Drifblim, Luxray ((I think)), some water pokemon, and the last i forgot.  I'm gonna get an emulator for platinum.  And I'll remake my team for me.

For some reason I ALWAYS felt I had to keep my starter in my party no matter what... :T

Nala Valor

Quote from: Lord of Madness on 2013 Jan 02, 09:23:38

For some reason I ALWAYS felt I had to keep my starter in my party no matter what... :T
almost everyone does. I lost that in 5th gen since I didn't like any starter of that gen.

Also, if any if you do an online fight and see a pokemon called God, you are doomed. This set is a hacked, cheep and sweeping magicarp. :I when I found one in someone's team, it used sheer cold ((1 hit kill)) then fissure ((1 hit kill)) tail slap ((2-5X hit move)) and explosion.  It's item was a king's rock so that tail slap would always flinch. It cannot be defeated easily even if its a magicarp!

GoldenTerrabyte

Or maybe there's just like 100 Ash Ketchums...
I'm back

alexandas

[CENTER][/CENTER]

Flamestriker

Quote from: Nala Valor on 2013 Jan 02, 09:32:43
Quote from: Lord of Madness on 2013 Jan 02, 09:23:38

almost everyone does. I lost that in 5th gen since I didn't like any starter of that gen.

Also, if any if you do an online fight and see a pokemon called God, you are doomed. This set is a hacked, cheep and sweeping magicarp. :I when I found one in someone's team, it used sheer cold ((1 hit kill)) then fissure ((1 hit kill)) tail slap ((2-5X hit move)) and explosion.  It's item was a king's rock so that tail slap would always flinch. It cannot be defeated easily even if its a magicarp!

This is why I don't battle online, other than the fact that I can't get wi-fi on my DS. Planning to, though!

I always have my starter in my team except in some rare cases. I also have my favourite pokemon which I've had for a long time now traded into my team when I get a new game.

Another thing that bugs me is the fact that you usually MUST have HMs to be able to progress in the game, while in the anime they don't need them at all. It's just so evil.
[move][/move]

GoldenTerrabyte

Quote from: alexandas on 2013 Jan 03, 18:13:41
Quote from: Yellowpikmin476 on 2013 Jan 02, 20:24:31

What?
Notice how he loses all his Pokémon every series? It's because it's a different Ash every time, which is why he's always 10.
I'm back

alexandas

Quote from: Yellowpikmin476 on 2013 Jan 04, 15:09:47

What?
Notice how he loses all his Pokémon every series? It's because it's a different Ash every time, which is why he's always 10.

methinks ((actual word)) it works

oh i don't understand this: the pokerus virus is good for pokemons
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Flamestriker

Quote from: alexandas on 2013 Jan 04, 17:07:37
Quote from: Yellowpikmin476 on 2013 Jan 04, 15:09:47

What?

methinks ((actual word)) it works

oh i don't understand this: the pokerus virus is good for pokemons

The pokerus virus is kinda like a kid which is grateful not to go to school thanks to being sick. It just happens to make it a benefit. It's odd that it just doesn't have any negatives. Maybe there's hidden bad things about pokerus.
[move][/move]

Darkangel

Don't know what to put here.
So I just am typing these words, not knowing what to type here.
Maybe later I'll figure out.

Flamestriker

Quote from: Darkangel on 2013 Jan 05, 00:25:56
How the heck can Snorlax surf? lol

Probably the same as pikachu surfing.... except Snorlax's the board.
[move][/move]

Darkangel

Quote from: Flamestriker on 2013 Jan 05, 00:27:49

Probably the same as pikachu surfing.... except Snorlax's the board.

But Snorlax would crush the board. o.o

Flamestriker

No, snorlax IS the board! It has awesome buoyancy.
[move][/move]

Darkangel

Quote from: Flamestriker on 2013 Jan 05, 00:39:22
No, snorlax IS the board! It has awesome buoyancy.

>Awesome buoyancy
>1014.1 lbs
I don't think so....

Nala Valor

Rhydon (rock/ground type) also learn surf. He also uses it in the anime. I don't even.

Flamestriker

Quote from: Nala Valor on 2013 Jan 05, 00:43:45
Rhydon (rock/ground type) also learn surf. He also uses it in the anime. I don't even.

That's one I never understood.
[move][/move]

Go Up