Things in Pokemon games I'll never understand

Started by Lord of Madness, 2012 Aug 05, 08:32:12

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Rissian

2013 Jan 10, 10:46:46 #660 Last Edit: 2013 Jan 10, 21:54:05 by Trege
Yeah, the Pokemon can still leave their trainers if they dislike them they can also let themselves out of the Pokeball or willingly return to it themselves if I recall. They can also refuse to obey their trainer at anytime and I think some Pokemon have even ran away once storyline wise in the anime at least.

I think that episode had to do with some construction workers trying to tell their Pokemon to attack other Pokemon on the site or something like that but they refused to.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Trege on 2013 Jan 10, 10:46:46
Yeah, the Pokemon can still leave their trainers if they dislike them they can also let themselves out of the Pokeball or willingly return to it themselves if I recall. They can also refuse to obey their trainer at anytime and I think some Pokemon have even ran way once storyline wise in the anime at least.

I think that episode had to do with some construction workers trying to tell their Pokemon to attack other Pokemon on the site or something like that but they refused to.

Yeah. The digletts and such that were interfering with the construction were doing so to protect the environment, which the trainers were unknowingly ruining. Their pokemon, however, knew that the digletts and dugtrios were just protecting the environment, so they refused to attack.

I dunno why I remember that episode so well. :P

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Rissian

lol Best comic ever. What also doesn't make sense is why doesn't a Pokemon wake up the moment it's hit by something while sleeping.  ovO

Chishio Kunrin

Heavy sleepers? :I I've slept through some of the loudest noises imaginable. I wonder if there are people who can sleep through getting hit, though nothing major.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Rissian

2013 Jan 15, 12:45:44 #664 Last Edit: 2013 Jan 15, 12:48:14 by Trege
I have no idea, x3 I don't think they could sleep through a focus punch or other crazy strong move though physically though.

Blues-Music

They don't willingly sleep. Pokemon use attacks , and items to put them to sleep. They probably have a side effect of the pokemon only waking up by items/time passing. because i've seen pokemon sleeping willingly then waking up because of a twig snapping , or getting slapped.

GoldenTerrabyte

Mewtwo is a fake pokémon cloned after Mew by Team Rocket. Mewtwo is 150, yet Mew is 151?
I'm back

Book Smarts

Quote from: Yellowpikmin476 on 2013 Apr 12, 12:22:16
Mewtwo is a fake pokémon cloned after Mew by Team Rocket. Mewtwo is 150, yet Mew is 151?

This is my theory, could be wrong...
The scientists never saw Mew until after Mewtwo was created. They took an unknown (at the time) pokemon's DNA and tried to replicate it.

super_chris85

Quote from: Stardust Dragon on 2013 Jan 08, 02:43:32
Quote from: Tiger on 2013 Jan 08, 01:35:14
Quote from: super_chris85 on 2013 Jan 06, 22:51:13
when you got a pikachu to hatch and it knew surf  ovO
Quote from: Yellowpikmin476 on 2013 Jan 07, 11:22:00
How do you do that?

There was an event somewhere, and I think it was Pokemon Red/Blue. Or Crystal and Silver and Gold. IDK.
Anyway, the event gave the people a pikachu that knew surf, and when you surfed with it it shows a pikachu with a surfboard sprite.

I have no memory of how it was done, but it was in Pokemon Yellow, when all the major focus was on Pikachu.  Bringing said Pikachu to the lone house off Route 19 would let you play a small minigame.  As far as I know you could transfer the surfing Pikachu to Gen 2 games and it'd still show a different sprite when surfing, but I don't think it did anything else.  And in recent games there's been the possibility of getting a Pikachu that can learn Surf or Fly, but they're hard to find.

before the newer gens you could get smeargle to learn surf and then mate it with a pikaachu since they are the same pokemon type

CyanideInsanity

Spoiler: show
Quote from: super_chris85 on 2013 Apr 14, 03:07:21
Quote from: Stardust Dragon on 2013 Jan 08, 02:43:32
Quote from: Tiger on 2013 Jan 08, 01:35:14
Quote from: super_chris85 on 2013 Jan 06, 22:51:13
when you got a pikachu to hatch and it knew surf  ovO
Quote from: Yellowpikmin476 on 2013 Jan 07, 11:22:00
How do you do that?

There was an event somewhere, and I think it was Pokemon Red/Blue. Or Crystal and Silver and Gold. IDK.
Anyway, the event gave the people a pikachu that knew surf, and when you surfed with it it shows a pikachu with a surfboard sprite.

I have no memory of how it was done, but it was in Pokemon Yellow, when all the major focus was on Pikachu.  Bringing said Pikachu to the lone house off Route 19 would let you play a small minigame.  As far as I know you could transfer the surfing Pikachu to Gen 2 games and it'd still show a different sprite when surfing, but I don't think it did anything else.  And in recent games there's been the possibility of getting a Pikachu that can learn Surf or Fly, but they're hard to find.

before the newer gens you could get smeargle to learn surf and then mate it with a pikaachu since they are the same pokemon type

You can also get a surfing pikachu from pokemon stadium.
Spoiler: hooray for bulbapedia • show
In the non-Japanese versions of Pokémon Stadium (English), if the player clears the Master Ball division of the Round 2 Prime Cup with all Pokémon selected directly from a Game Pak, not saving the game during the challenge (continues are permitted), and ensures Pikachu participates in the final battle (the Pikachu can come from any Generation I game), they will be able to teach that Pikachu Surf.
Sugarcup, I thank thee for the AWESOME avatar!
I like my weapons, how I like my music: Heavy and Metal!
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/CyanideInsanity

byndbored

When people in the game won't take no for an answer. :l
Said no to being given a Lucario Pokemon X.
My oc board is in my Signature
http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=2268.0

Nala Valor

Quote from: byndbored on 2013 Apr 15, 22:46:36
When people in the game won't take no for an answer. :l
so true...

"Do you want to be part of Team Rocket? No? Guess I'll have to fight you!" (The guy of the nugget bridge)
D: "but that's what I want to do! I want to join you guys in world domination!" (Me... And probably you too)

Flamestriker

Yes... I actually want a pokemon game where you're part of the evil organisation.  :P
[move][/move]

Rikaria

Kinda brought up in another thread, but anyway...

...Why do Legendaries have other Formes?
If I'm not here, I'm most likely on Pokémon Shuffle's Miiverse community.

Book Smarts

Quote from: Rikaria on 2013 Apr 16, 13:23:07

because of SCIENCE!  -.-

Dark Hooves

steel type pokemon being strong against dragon type moves, but steel type moves deal only normal damage to them
<br /><br />everypony is capable of great good or great evil but everypony should be treated like their worth giving a chance<br /><br />My OCs. http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=6860.0

Nala Valor

Quote from: Dark Hooves on 2013 Apr 16, 19:34:04
steel type pokemon being strong against dragon type moves, but steel type moves deal only normal damage to them
you said it wrong. It's dragon attacks are .5X ((weak)) to steel but steel does 1X ((neutral)) to dragon.
It makes sence. You often see knights fighting dragons. When tet et attack, they block the dragon with there shield, or in a way, the steel type is the shield. And dragons aren't week to steel because its hard to defeat one with a sword. So that's why the dragon only have weakness to ice that could send them knocked down or an other dragon that is only slighly more or less powerful then this dragon.

... What am I rambling about anyway?

Dark Hooves

I think you misread it.

I said a steel type pokemon is strong against dragon type moves, which means it takes less damage from them.
<br /><br />everypony is capable of great good or great evil but everypony should be treated like their worth giving a chance<br /><br />My OCs. http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=6860.0

GoldenTerrabyte

And why do they spell Forme with an e? It makes it look... kinda gross... weird spellings...
I'm back

Rikaria

Quote from: Yellowpikmin476 on 2013 Apr 18, 10:15:46

And why do they spell Forme with an e? It makes it look... kinda gross... weird spellings...

Beats me... I'm just going with it.
If I'm not here, I'm most likely on Pokémon Shuffle's Miiverse community.

Go Up