Post-Season 4 discussion

Started by Weatherboy1, 2013 Aug 20, 16:31:14

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

InstrumentalAcapella

Spoiler: show
Overall, I liked this episode. The song was probably my only issue, which upsets me because the song itself was one of my favorites of the season (Generosity still holds that mark). The animation whenever it got to the chorus of the song bothered me for some reason and I din't like the scene for the song in general. Thankfully, however, this episode had neither of the things I dislike about season 4: dramatic zoom-ins at the end (i.e the ending of every episode to this point) and stupidly written lines (i.e "It was a'ight", and " I always let my imagination run away from me! Then it comes back... with cake!"). As far as things I liked in this episode besides the lack of bad things in this season, I found the cave scene hilarious and enjoyed Pinkie's scrap-booking antics.

dynamite

Pinkie Pie traces her roots back to the Apple family! Road trip and fun stuff!

LostSanity

2014 Jan 12, 17:59:50 #242 Last Edit: 2014 Jan 12, 18:05:10 by LostSanity
I'm not really sure what it was, but, I really liked this episode as well.

It was just... I don't know... really cute and sweet I guess?

Plus... "Apples to the Core" is the first song of this season that I actually slightly liked.

Another GREAT episode once again...

^-^

P.S.: Can someone on this forum post links to the new episodes on YouTube when they are available? I had a hard time finding this one. I eventually found it... but still... If someone did this... I'd really appreciate it. Thank you.
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

ArtVeigar

I also loved this episode! Pinkie stole the scene for me, the way she was just.... Pinkie Pie, I guess, through the whole episode made me laugh from beginning to ending. Also, the song was really catchy, but I got a little disappointed Big Mac didn't got a line.

Also, Digibrony mentioned it in his last video and I find it really interesting: Has anyone noticed how Goldie Delicious had some similarities with Pinkie? The curly hair, the way she can pick a book from the bottom of the pile without it falling, like Pinkie with the scrolls, and such? Maybe it was a subliminal way to say that Pinkie is, indeed, related to the Apples.

Jinxie Umbra

Fantastic episode, I couldn't stop laughing! :D

Also, I think it's safe to say that Pinkie is indeed related to the Apple family. Smudge jokes aside, the subtle hints from the crazy cat lady sealed it.  :]

dynamite

Good episode but I already knew what was going to wrap it up as an ending. The only thing that got to me was why Pinkie Pie was taking a picture of Big Mac's behind and the unexpected duck face she made when she took that picture on the waterfall. Sure that pic of Big Mac could of just been trying to make a joke about how some photos are random and miss out on most of the details but still...

Cotton Ball

[move][/move]
Don't be a salad, be the best broccoli you could ever be.

GoldenTerrabyte

I just loved it! So excited for Rainbow Falls!
I'm back

Chishio Kunrin

DERPY! :D

Also, Pinkie Pie as a cheerleader was really cute. I liked her first cheerleader outfit with the bows and stuff.

It seems Rainbow Dash has her Loyalty key now. I wonder who'll get their key next. Probably Pinkie Pie in the Weird Al episode.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

sammym07

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Jan 18, 20:58:20
DERPY! :D

Also, Pinkie Pie as a cheerleader was really cute. I liked her first cheerleader outfit with the bows and stuff.

It seems Rainbow Dash has her Loyalty key now. I wonder who'll get their key next. Probably Pinkie Pie in the Weird Al episode.

Spoiler: OMGOMGOMGOMG • show
DERPY'S BACK OMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! SHE HASNT BEEN IN SEASON 4 AT ALL (Except for the theme song/intro, she's been in one of the train cars) BUT NOW SHES LIKE FRONT AND CENTER WITH HER FIRST APPEARANCE!!!!!!!! OMGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!VSLKSXN7GBYHLUIXYDIO9A3VUDYNUZIC 937VKJC S

I can't turn this around
I keep running into walls that I can't break down
I said I just wander around
With my eyes wide shut because of you

dynamite

2014 Jan 18, 21:39:59 #250 Last Edit: 2014 Jan 18, 22:08:45 by dynamite
The spool and badge will be the new Elements of Harmony maybe <_<

Also anyone think it's weird that Snowflake (Biceps?) and Fluttershy were chosen for that event I thought there was a lot more better fliers in Ponyville if anyone remembers Hurricane Fluttershy.

Also going back to the spool and badge did anyone else find other rainbow glittery objects on the other episodes? On episode 8 I suspect that also presented the challenge of dishonesty to Applejack who her and her family acted like nothing was wrong. Was Slenderman the key? 0.o

Pipkin

Sigh.....can people not post spoilers for....not yesterday's episode....parts of next weeks have already been spoiled for me reading through comments that are supposed to be for this weeks....

Night Pony

Spoiler: Alicorns! Alicorns everywhere! • show

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

GoldenTerrabyte

I liked it a lot! I think that all of the Mane 6 are gonna have an episode that tests their elements, as this tested RD's loyalty, like how the other tested Rarity's generosity. And they both seemed to do the "rainbow eyes" thing in the episode, and both had an item that was given to them that glowed at the end. If these aren't the keys, let me be struck by... A flying ice cream truck... AND LIVE!
I'm back

Dawnstar

2014 Jan 19, 15:14:50 #254 Last Edit: 2014 Jan 19, 15:16:53 by Dawnstar
I certainly found this episode enjoyable and I do think they did a pretty good job of showing Rainbow's difficulty in choosing between the wonderbolts and her friends. Of course, while I'm assuming anyone can enter the Equestria Games, I do find it a bit odd that the wonderbolts were competing in the first place. Especially since, aside from the gryphons probably, they are likely the only group participating that could be considered professional athletes so success does kind of skew in their favor.

I also like that they're starting to give a bit more attention to stand-ins and background characters as well. I've always enjoyed it when a show brings in a lot of active support characters in addition to the main characters, makes the world feel more 'alive,' or something. Plus I think Snowflake (I'm sorry, I cringed every time I heard Bulk Biceps) probably has had more lines in this one episode than any other background pony has had individually. Though the inconsistency with his wing strength from his earlier appearances kinda bugged me.

Also, I am glad they've gotten comfortable bringing Derpy/Ditsy back. She may not have said anything, but she was still expressive enough to be more than just "there to be there." Though I think some of the freaking out over her reappearance that some fans have been doing is a bit overkill.

All in all, we now have a spool for Rarity's generosity and the wonderbolt pin for Dash's loyalty. Makes me wonder what the other characters will get for their assumed keys, especially since these first two seem to match with their character's aspirations.

blobking156

Good episode, i'd say second best of season 4.

lemongrass

Quote from: Dawnstar on 2014 Jan 19, 15:14:50
I certainly found this episode enjoyable and I do think they did a pretty good job of showing Rainbow's difficulty in choosing between the wonderbolts and her friends. Of course, while I'm assuming anyone can enter the Equestria Games, I do find it a bit odd that the wonderbolts were competing in the first place. Especially since, aside from the gryphons probably, they are likely the only group participating that could be considered professional athletes so success does kind of skew in their favor.

I also like that they're starting to give a bit more attention to stand-ins and background characters as well. I've always enjoyed it when a show brings in a lot of active support characters in addition to the main characters, makes the world feel more 'alive,' or something. Plus I think Snowflake (I'm sorry, I cringed every time I heard Bulk Biceps) probably has had more lines in this one episode than any other background pony has had individually. Though the inconsistency with his wing strength from his earlier appearances kinda bugged me.

Also, I am glad they've gotten comfortable bringing Derpy/Ditsy back. She may not have said anything, but she was still expressive enough to be more than just "there to be there." Though I think some of the freaking out over her reappearance that some fans have been doing is a bit overkill.

All in all, we now have a spool for Rarity's generosity and the wonderbolt pin for Dash's loyalty. Makes me wonder what the other characters will get for their assumed keys, especially since these first two seem to match with their character's aspirations.

what about twilight? I think "magic" will be the hardest key to obtain.  X3

LostSanity

2014 Jan 19, 17:54:49 #257 Last Edit: 2014 Jan 19, 20:46:19 by Book Smarts
This was another good episode. Maybe not as good as the other ones but I still liked it.

Besides... how could you not like this episode with...

THE RETURN OF DERPY THAT IS FOR GOOD THIS TIME.

So... yeah...

:D
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Night Pony

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Dawnstar

Quote from: lemongrass on 2014 Jan 19, 17:28:07
Quote from: Dawnstar on 2014 Jan 19, 15:14:50

what about twilight? I think "magic" will be the hardest key to obtain.  X3

Honestly? I'm not entirely sure. My guess is that it is going to be more related to the "magic of friendship," and the question that the show presented us at the beginning of the season: The elements are what brought them together and kept them connected, what happens now that they're gone?

Twilight's answer was: "The Elements of Harmony did bring us together. But it isn't the Elements that will keep us connected. It's our friendship. And it's more important and more powerful than any magic." Going off of that, I am going to bet that the friendship between the six is going to be strained far more than it was when Discord discorded them in season 2, and it will be through discovering how strong their friendship really is, even without the elements, that Twilight gets her key.

Go Up