saddest/ most depressing game you have played

Started by FlameandIce, 2013 Jan 31, 09:26:21

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Somebeing

Quote from: Pipkin on 2014 Jan 29, 00:19:23
I can't think of any sad games.....but I have a sad excuse of a game....
Luckily Lord of Madness posted a gif a long time ago making fun of said game.....anyone remember this?
Spoiler: show

I wonder if he actually managed to play the beta earlier than we did...

...I feel sorry for him if he didn't. That was a painful...augh...experience, to say the least.

Pipkin

This wasn't a beta.....it's still a long way from Beta

fluttershyyay

Majora's mask tugged at my heart strings the most.

Randam Saiko

Emit, you mischievous little...
My OCs

Verdant Tome

2014 Feb 02, 03:40:59 #44 Last Edit: 2014 Feb 02, 03:55:01 by Codefreak5
I guess it wouldn't count as a sad game per se, but I had a fairly depressing final battle in FTL: Faster Than Light once.

I had made it to the final boss. The battle did not go well. My attacks barely did anything, while theirs ripped through my ship. I sent my crew to board the enemy ship as my shield-piercing missile ammunition ran out and desperation began sitting in. My first boarder died on the return trip. My next two, in-game representations of two friends of mine, were surrounded and killed within a minute of stepping on the ship. All the while, lasers ripped holes in my ship. Knowing full well that I had lost, I sent my in-game avatar aboard in a last-ditch attempt to do something. He died in thirty seconds. Not long after, my ship was destroyed, its remains slowly drifting through space. Thus ended the tragedy of Orion VIII.

It's pretty sad seeing the crew you've bonded with through innumerable battles and close calls throughout the galaxy be picked off, one by one, as your ship begins falling to pieces. Each second, more desperate than the last; nothing quite hopeless, making each failed tactic all the more crushing when it does fail. Suddenly, you're left with yourself and a crippled ship, and nothing left to do but watch it take one last laser blast and break into pieces in front of you.
A friend of mine (one of the ill-fated boarders, incidentally) got feels by simply listening to my live play-by-play of the battle. And he doesn't get feels, ever. That's how sad and powerful this was.

Stats, for those knowledgeable of FTL: I was playing as the Kestrel A. Burst Laser II, Artemis, Fire Bomb, and Fire Beam. Three humans - myself and my friends, each one of us mastering piloting, engines, or weapons; one Engi, the repairer; one Mantis, the boarder; one Zoltan, mastered in shields. Level 4 shields, and about 45% evade, I think.

(There is a sort of happy ending to this, though; just a few hours ago, the Orion XVI destroyed the boss in vengeance of all the previous Orions that had tried and failed: One prior to the current numbering order, VI, IX, X, XIV, and of course, VIII.)

Oh, and also Cave Story if you make none of the right choices. Depressing.

zGh05T

Hmm, hard one xD...

I'd say Fahrenheit(Indigo prophecy in NA)
I should use this for something smart...too bad...

Julius

I get too many feels, this is hard. DD:

Obviously Walking Dead, Final Fantasy XIII and XIII-2... And a lot of other games but nothing comes to mind at the moment. X3
Purr~

Puynsi

Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones and Fire... something... (I dont remember right now x3)

Swordcraft Story 1 and 2

Super Robot Taisen Original Generation 1 and 2 (So... epic game...)

Pokemon Dungeon: Rescue Team (both of them)

Fallout 3

FF: Dirge of Cerberus

Chromastone64

2014 Feb 03, 13:25:40 #48 Last Edit: 2014 Feb 10, 12:34:07 by Chromastone64
The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon. That ending.   ono  D:
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

R-Dash 5000

The most depressing game I've played is the game of LIFE.  >A< D: DD: ono :c

True Story.

Go Up