saddest/ most depressing game you have played

Started by FlameandIce, 2013 Jan 31, 09:26:21

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

FlameandIce

Quote from: FakeSmile on 2013 Jan 31, 18:26:56
Quote from: The Stars on 2013 Jan 31, 16:41:30
Yume Nikki @.@
All the possibilities of what these THINGS in Madotsuki's  dream means.

I know, and reading what everyone's theories of the game makes it so depressing!
I get upset everytime I think of that game
:(

I like the ideas on that game mostly the end of the world idea also the Ending was sad I was not expecting that
Yume Nikki means dream diary
now let's all agree to never be creative again thank you Sugercup
http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=8674.msg666435#new
RP idea give me feedback

Legulus

Well, I play lots of visual novels but I feel that choosing such a game genre would be a little unfair  X3

So, barring visual novels, I would say Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon was pretty sad.

There are 10 types of people in this world; those who understand binary and those that don't ;)
Thanks to Jenzy for mah avatar.

Blues-Music

Seriously? NONE of you posted about the walking dead?

FakeSmile

Quote from: Blues-Music on 2013 Feb 01, 05:11:59

Spoiler:  Just incase no pony has played or finnish The Walking Dead • show
Oh goodness, The Walking Dead was the worse.
Even when Lee got bitten I thought he would still live. And everyone at the end didn't make it.
(( I think Christine and Omid did though . . . ))
I watch PewDiePie and Cry's Lets play of it and ended up crying the whole day.
LEE! WHY DID YOU HAVE TO GET BITTEN?!
DD:
🌻🌻🌻   🌻🌻🌻   🌻🌻🌻

McSleuthburger

Quote from: Blues-Music on 2013 Feb 01, 05:11:59

I pretty much knew the ending was going to happen the way it did, so for me it was not that sad
Ye-olde ex mod
You've just been McSleuthburgered!

Stardust Dragon

Quote from: ShadowHeart on 2013 Jan 31, 15:04:52
I bawled my eyes out when I played pokemon explorers of time.

I played the original Mystery Dungeon Blue, to similar effect.  I came really close to crying several times during the main story.  Its a shame too, because I feel like those two (Mystery Dungeon Red and Blue) were pretty good, but I feel they tend to get overshadowed by their sequels. 

I want to be fair to the Explorers games, though: I haven't played them myself, nor do I really want to, but I've seen they do quite a few things better than the first two.  I just prefer the original story of R/B.  Any of their music, though, just goes straight to the heart.

Book Smarts

Always felt bad for the Pikmin left behind at night  :c

Sea Foam

Quote from: Book Smarts on 2013 Feb 03, 02:31:53

Not to mention the Bulbmin you leave to die in the caves.  :c

Images of broken light which dance before me like a million eyes;
they call me on and on across the universe.
Thank you, Durpy, for the banner!

Stardust Dragon

Quote from: Sea Foam on 2013 Feb 03, 02:51:33

Not to mention the Bulbmin you leave to die in the caves.  :c

I was careful to transform them whenever I could, and yeah, I reset quite a lot because I couldn't stand to know I'd gotten a whole squad of Pikmin killed.  The same thing happens in Fire Emblem.

Another sad game I played is Time Hollow for the DS: its a "visual novel" type of game that features a pen that draws holes in time, starts with the main character turning 17 and his parents mysteriously erased from time, and goes depressing from there.

super_chris85

In dark souls it made me sad killing solaire does this count

Siphion

League of legends random normal match ...it is more sad than anything because of the community
I guess time will heal me more as it did before back in the days from the beginning of my time when I searched the thing I cannot find and that is nothing more than serenity.

Chromastone64

The Legend Of Spyro: Dawn Of The Dragon. The only game with an ending that actually made me cry D:
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

GoldenTerrabyte

Mother 3. I'm sure very very VERY little of you(if any) have played this game, but if you have, you'd understand.

Post Merge

D:
I'm back

HaponyHanzo

2014 Jan 22, 03:53:59 #33 Last Edit: 2014 Jan 22, 04:28:09 by HaponyHanzo
"Brothers - A Tale of two Sons", if you have steam and a controller with two axis sticks (like a ps3/xbox360 controller), then get it, i won't spoiler anything but you will cry i promise. The game is very immersive and i finished it in a single run, i played 6 hours without stopping even once.

Prismatic

I generally don't find a lot of games that make me sad, but the one that most comes to mind is the original Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games (while Gen II has its moments, yes).

You didn't know anything about the character you played as and the trek through the game had its moments.  Without really spoiling much of it anyway.

Howitzer

The ending of Halo Reach, and Gears of War 3.
LoE not working as it should? Submit bugs here: http://phabricator.legendsofequestria.com/maniphest/task/edit/form/1/
------->  Jurassic Systems <-----------

Izumi Akazawa

The first Pokemon Nuzlocke challenge you do.
hai

Reaper124

The Walking Dead..... I'm pretty sure that's a lot of other people's answers as well, but it's true.

Toast

MOTHER 3. The ending... I mean, I was spoiled about the ending (as well as a major event in the first few hours of the game) prior to playing so I expected it, but it still got me. What may have gotten me even worse is the fact that once I beat it there were no more Mother games to play... still my favorite series ever.
Awaiting the fanmade Mother 4 patiently.
You're gonna carry that weight.

Pipkin

I can't think of any sad games.....but I have a sad excuse of a game....
Luckily Lord of Madness posted a gif a long time ago making fun of said game.....anyone remember this?
Spoiler: show

Go Up