Super smash bros.

Started by Darkangel, 2012 Aug 30, 05:33:49

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Rissian

Quote from: Lary on 2012 Aug 30, 17:56:46
You're implying those hackers are a bad thing. :3
Every hacker I've ran into did not take the game at all seriously (like 80% of the people on With Anyone).

Oh I read your post wrong then I thought you were implying it was bad as well,  I was mainly referring to troll hackers the ones that literally ruin a fun game by causing problems for others.

Basically the ones in other games that can mess up your character data and such which really doesn't apply to brawl since it's a party game,
a hacker on pokemon GTS actually killed my save data I think by uploading a corrupt pokemon luckily the game stored backup data and just reverted to that. Anyways hackers in brawl are probably funny I assume, as I have yet to encounter one in brawl but I have encountered annoying ones in other nintendo games that can mess up your save progress.

Darkangel

It NEVER lags for me online, only if there is someone with a bad connection. :s I tried Melee once when one of my friends brant it over, I'm planning to buy it. Too bad I have to get it online... On that I'll main Dr. Mario. ovO once I learn how to unlock him of course
FOUNTAIN OF DREAMS STAGE, HERE I COME! >:O
Don't know what to put here.
So I just am typing these words, not knowing what to type here.
Maybe later I'll figure out.

Lary

Quote from: Trege on 2012 Aug 30, 18:56:38
Anyways hackers in brawl are probably funny I assume, as I have yet to encounter one in brawl but I have encountered annoying ones in other nintendo games that can mess up your save progress.

For the most part, they do silly things. Every hacker I've came across in pubs either:
-Forced all the players to play one certain character, no matter who they picked.
-Changed the stage's music
-Granted themselves unfair advantages (i.e permanent Wario Man, though the one guy I saw do this did nothing but eat my boxes from Snake's taunt)
-Loaded a stage that isn't normally accessible (Online Waiting Room, Target Test, Home Run Contest, etc)
-More than one of the above.

They never really used their hacks to "win" all the time because there's absolutely no point in winning. No prize. No online records. Nothing. So why bother, right?
Could've been something great. But ya' blew it... Ya' blew it.

Darkangel

2012 Aug 30, 19:24:14 #23 Last Edit: 2012 Aug 30, 19:27:09 by Darkangel
Quote from: Lary on 2012 Aug 30, 19:20:48
Quote from: Trege on 2012 Aug 30, 18:56:38
Anyways hackers in brawl are probably funny I assume, as I have yet to encounter one in brawl but I have encountered annoying ones in other nintendo games that can mess up your save progress.

For the most part, they do silly things. Every hacker I've came across in pubs either:
-Forced all the players to play one certain character, no matter who they picked.
-Changed the stage's music
-Granted themselves unfair advantages (i.e permanent Wario Man, though the one guy I saw do this did nothing but eat my boxes from Snake's taunt)
-Loaded a stage that isn't normally accessible (Online Waiting Room, Target Test, Home Run Contest, etc)
-More than one of the above.

They never really used their hacks to "win" all the time because there's absolutely no point in winning. No prize. No online records. Nothing. So why bother, right?

Not really. I won lots of times and that's how I got lots of coins. ovO Even if there are only for trophies. :s

Zaner-Boy

I went on a random online match, chose link, and got with 3 random people. When the match started, they were all Captain Falcon, and they were all just spamming the 'Show me your moves' taunt. I lawled, and after the round I went Captain Falcon and joined them.

Lary

2012 Aug 30, 20:29:42 #25 Last Edit: 2012 Aug 30, 20:31:30 by Lary
Quote from: Zaner-Boy on 2012 Aug 30, 19:26:54
I went on a random online match, chose link, and got with 3 random people. When the match started, they were all Captain Falcon, and they were all just spamming the 'Show me your moves' taunt. I lawled, and after the round I went Captain Falcon and joined them.

This is the shining point of Brawl's online pubs. Not actually playing the game, but just paling around with three other people you will probably never get to know. Like Omegle.

Quote from: Darkangel on 2012 Aug 30, 19:24:14
Not really. I won lots of times and that's how I got lots of coins. ovO Even if there are only for trophies. :s

Well, it's just coins. I'm pretty sure a hacker would give himself infinity coins instead of just trying to win them in matches. Even if he wanted to do it that way, he could do offline matches where he could increase his earning tenfold.

In other words, there's nothing you can earn online that you can't get offline. ;)
Could've been something great. But ya' blew it... Ya' blew it.

Book Smarts

I've ranked in the semi finals at most of the Brawl Tournaments around me  :3

Lord of Madness

Bowser... nuff said. you ask how? to late thats how. <-- CONFUSION all you need to know is that I annihilate with Bowser

Darkangel

Oh, I got a idea! Everyone who is bored and wants to play SSBB,  we should ALL battle each other! :D By going online and putting our friendcodes in! But not now, when there's more people online...

Lord of Madness

ill just blindly attack everyone as a JUGGERNAUT

Legulus

Quote from: Darkangel on 2012 Aug 31, 02:45:55
Oh, I got a idea! Everyone who is bored and wants to play SSBB,  we should ALL battle each other! :D By going online and putting our friendcodes in! But not now, when there's more people online...

Hopefully a 4-way online match would be manageable ^^;

I'll have to start refreshing myself then! Brawl training starts tomorrow :3
There are 10 types of people in this world; those who understand binary and those that don't ;)
Thanks to Jenzy for mah avatar.

Tiger

I only played SSB and SSBB oddly :P

Who're you best at in SSBB? I'm best at Pikachu, though I also like to play Pokemon Trainer, Lucario, Pit, Ice Climbers and Kirby. And the occasional Sonic.

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

Rissian

Quote from: Legulus on 2012 Aug 31, 03:11:36

I'm up for matches but we would have to decide a specific time of day or else it would be nearly impossible to get people on at the same time.

Darkangel

2012 Aug 31, 04:53:05 #33 Last Edit: 2012 Aug 31, 04:56:52 by Darkangel
Quote from: Tiger on 2012 Aug 31, 04:23:13
I only played SSB and SSBB oddly :P

Who're you best at in SSBB? I'm best at Pikachu, though I also like to play Pokemon Trainer, Lucario, Pit, Ice Climbers and Kirby. And the occasional Sonic.

Actually, if you "main" a character, that means your usually good at playing the character, or like the character. Like I said in the original post, I main Metaknight(use him a lot), Kirby, and Pokemon trainer. I sometimes use Toon link or Ike and sometimes Sonic if I feel like it.
Quote from: Trege on 2012 Aug 31, 04:25:38
Quote from: Legulus on 2012 Aug 31, 03:11:36

I'm up for matches but we would have to decide a specific time of day or else it would be nearly impossible to get people on at the same time.

Hmmm... Maybe a time suitable for all time zones? A lot of people seem to live in America... Maybe 9:00 PM in America? (don't know the time zone for America, I forgot :P) in one day from now, we will start, so people can train for it and sign up if they're gone. Pm me your friend code if you wanna join. Also if there is more than 4 people we will split the matches. My goal is to get at least 4 people to sign up so we will have a 4-way brawl. ovO

Rissian

We could add everyones friend code that they post to the first page I'm not sure if everyone has to register each other or just register the person hosting the match 4 player matches are workable if each player has a good network.

(I've been practicing brawl again and lvl 9's are owning me curse my months of not playing the game.  ovO )

Darkangel

Quote from: Trege on 2012 Aug 31, 05:01:20
We could add everyones friend code that they post to the first page I'm not sure if everyone has to register each other or just register the person hosting the match 4 player matches are workable if each player has a good network.

(I've been practicing brawl again and lvl 9's are owning me curse my months of not playing the game.  ovO )
Quote from: Trege on 2012 Aug 31, 05:01:20

I think everyone could just register me hosting it and add everyone's friend code because when you start a friend match with someone you don't know, it says "would you like to add *insert name* as a friend?" on their player number thingy.

Rissian

Guess I'll pm my code them hopefully other people join.  ^-^

Darkangel

Quote from: Trege on 2012 Aug 31, 05:08:08

Well Legulus said he would be joining. Just need one more person or more...

Zaner-Boy

Quote from: Darkangel on 2012 Aug 31, 05:10:04
Quote from: Trege on 2012 Aug 31, 05:08:08

Well Legulus said he would be joining. Just need one more person or more...

I could join in, though I haven't played in a long bloody time.

Chishio Kunrin

You'll have to leave me out of this until I can get a new Wiimote sensor. Where can I even buy a new sensor, anyway? I really need one. The wire connecting it to my Wii is severed in multiple places. :c

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Go Up