Go Down

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Nala Valor on 2012 Dec 28, 17:51:46
Here's how it works with the schools and pokemon

The youngest= what's a Charizard? :P
Middle school= all hail Pokemon!!!!
high school= pokemon? That's for babies. :/
College= let's all play pokemon! :3

The high school part... I never get that one...

Most people are in the stage of being immature and trying really hard to be adults, when they're in high school. Thus, they try to be into things that they determine to be adult, which actually can lead to some pretty bad things sometimes, but mostly causes them to look down upon "childish" "little kiddie" things.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Book Smarts

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Dec 28, 18:03:37

Most people are in the stage of being immature and trying really hard to be adults, when they're in high school. Thus, they try to be into things that they determine to be adult, which actually can lead to some pretty bad things sometimes, but mostly causes them to look down upon "childish" "little kiddie" things.

College is when you start feeling nostalgia, and you want to remember your childhood  ovO

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 Dec 28, 19:04:37
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Dec 28, 18:03:37

College is when you start feeling nostalgia, and you want to remember your childhood  ovO

Exactly. And you're already adult and are starting to realize that it kinda sucks, so you want to recapture your younger days while you adjust to the new responsibility.

Stardust Dragon

I was away at college for about two years, before certain elements of life intervened and I decided I needed to go home, but one of the big friends I made there really blossomed because of Pokemon.   We had long-winded discussions about the most recent games (HeartGold and SoulSilver), and before I left we had a lot of fun with the multiplayer aspect of Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs.  I owe my Deoxys to those days!

Geez, is it possible to feel nostalgic for two years ago?  ovO

Darkangel

I just realized something... The prof. of the Sinnoh region once said he and Dawn went to the Kanto region in some point, and in the S.S. Anne of FR/LG there is a double battle with a lass named Dawn with a old man. Since Rowan is not the first name of the prof..... :I Clever Gamefreak is clever.
Don't know what to put here.
So I just am typing these words, not knowing what to type here.
Maybe later I'll figure out.

Tiger

Quote from: Darkangel on 2012 Dec 28, 20:27:44
I just realized something... The prof. of the Sinnoh region once said he and Dawn went to the Kanto region in some point, and in the S.S. Anne of FR/LG there is a double battle with a lass named Dawn with a old man. Since Rowan is not the first name of the prof..... :I Clever Gamefreak is clever.

O:

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

Flamestriker

Quote from: Tiger on 2012 Dec 28, 20:57:02
Quote from: Darkangel on 2012 Dec 28, 20:27:44

O:

They are quite sneaky... I never knew that before.
[move][/move]

Book Smarts

How does Colress' hair stay like it is in Pokemon Black and White 2?

Nala Valor

Censorship makes so much sence! :P

In one of the manga, there is a lot of stuff censored from the nap version to the eng.
the first one made sence. It was the girl's breast that where oversized. ((Its logical why it was censored))
But then...
There's a point in the story when you see Red's Charmeleon (the rival) use slash on an arbok and cut it in half. You could see the inside of a arbok...
You probably tought that was censored? Of corse not! But what they did censor is a moment when ((japenese vers.)) a little girl did something bad and got slapped on the face by her older sister. The Americans tought it was too much! They instead made the big sister just stare at the little girl...

Makes perfect sence, right?...

Darkangel

Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 Dec 29, 09:34:46

Because it looks like the Internet Explorer logo so it's frozen.

...I'm sorry Internet Explorer users... >.<
Don't know what to put here.
So I just am typing these words, not knowing what to type here.
Maybe later I'll figure out.

Book Smarts

Quote from: Darkangel on 2012 Dec 29, 10:53:37
Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 Dec 29, 09:34:46

Because it looks like the Internet Explorer logo so it's frozen.

...I'm sorry Internet Explorer users... >.<

I see what you did there  lol

Travius Trott

Quote from: Nala Valor on 2012 Dec 29, 10:40:26
Censorship makes so much sence! :P

In one of the manga, there is a lot of stuff censored from the nap version to the eng.
the first one made sence. It was the girl's breast that where oversized. ((Its logical why it was censored))
But then...
There's a point in the story when you see Red's Charmeleon (the rival) use slash on an arbok and cut it in half. You could see the inside of a arbok...
You probably tought that was censored? Of corse not! But what they did censor is a moment when ((japenese vers.)) a little girl did something bad and got slapped on the face by her older sister. The Americans tought it was too much! They instead made the big sister just stare at the little girl...

Makes perfect sence, right?...

And then there is the one with the rice-balls. Surely that have to be mentioned.
All the Rice-balls that were turned into Sanviches, doughnuts and whatnot.
That "Four Kids" censor was just plain odd.

Oh, it would appear that I got some fancy title, Notable pony, now that's something that I had not expected to gain.
Thanks everypony, for this most brilliant thing.

alexandas

that ash ketchum has been ten since the first episode and will be forever lol
[CENTER][/CENTER]
I'm probably not here, but If I am, call me moon rabbits.
This is for you, guys: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=10581.msg878328#msg878328
:ajshifty::-3 (bloomberg)

Sea Foam

Quote from: alexandas on 2012 Dec 29, 12:39:50

I love how that suggests that all of Ash's pokemon adventures took place in one year.  lol

Maybe he's just moving so fast around the world that even time can't catch up to him.  O:

Images of broken light which dance before me like a million eyes;
they call me on and on across the universe.
Thank you, Durpy, for the banner!

alexandas

Quote from: Sea Foam on 2012 Dec 29, 14:14:35

I love how that suggests that all of Ash's pokemon adventures took place in one year.  lol

Maybe he's just moving so fast around the world that even time can't catch up to him.  O:

Maybe when he met celebi he gained the power to bend time O:
[CENTER][/CENTER]
This is for you, guys: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=10581.msg878328#msg878328

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: alexandas on 2012 Dec 29, 14:35:46
Quote from: Sea Foam on 2012 Dec 29, 14:14:35

Maybe when he met celebi he gained the power to bend time O:

There's actually a theory floating around.

Legend has it that if you see Ho-Oh, you are guaranteed eternal happiness. Ash saw Ho-Oh extremely early in the series in season 1 (I guess they decided to use that pokemon's design later or the design was leaked?).

The theory is that Ash finds so much happiness in being a pokemon trainer that the eternal happiness he was granted was immortality at the age of 10 so that he can continue traveling and being a pokemon trainer.

Rissian

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Dec 29, 16:35:55

Legend has it that if you see Ho-Oh, you are guaranteed eternal happiness. Ash saw Ho-Oh extremely early in the series in season 1 (I guess they decided to use that pokemon's design later or the design was leaked?).

The theory is that Ash finds so much happiness in being a pokemon trainer that the eternal happiness he was granted was immortality at the age of 10 so that he can continue traveling and being a pokemon trainer.

That theory may be why he has such a good Pokemon career but if the other part was true his mom and prof oak would not be there anymore.  o_o And Brock and Misty would be gone as well and they make appearances in multiple seasons even ones they aren't main friends in.

I think he saw Ho-OH in season 1 episode 1 right after Pikachu saved him from the crazy flock of Spearow. (Or at the beginning of episode 2 they even call it a rare Pokemon in episode 2.

At least that fan theory isn't as crazy as the coma one though which still creeps me out.  ovO

alexandas

Quote from: Trege on 2012 Dec 29, 17:11:23

That theory may be why he has such a good Pokemon career but if the other part was true his mom and prof oak would not be there anymore.  o_o And Brock and Misty would be gone as well and they make appearances in multiple seasons even ones they aren't main friends in.

I think he saw Ho-OH in season 1 episode 1 right after Pikachu saved him from the crazy flock of Spearow. (Or at the beginning of episode 2 they even call it a rare Pokemon in episode 2.

At least that fan theory isn't as crazy as the coma one though which still creeps me out.  ovO

that theory works, but it still is weird
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Enstramentall

Quote from: alexandas on 2012 Dec 29, 18:20:20

"Hi! I'm Ash Ketchum, a Pokemon trainer! ^-^ "
"How old are you, Ash?"
"Ten years old! ^-^ "
"How long have you been catching Pokemon?"
"15 YEARS! >:O "
lol
[move][/move] Hi! Hello! Hola! Benvenidos! Bonjour! Gutentag! :P I think you get the idea.

Flamestriker

Quote from: Enstramentall on 2012 Dec 30, 01:52:32
Quote from: alexandas on 2012 Dec 29, 18:20:20

"Hi! I'm Ash Ketchum, a Pokemon trainer! ^-^ "
"How old are you, Ash?"
"Ten years old! ^-^ "
"How long have you been catching Pokemon?"
"15 YEARS! >:O "
lol

Time must be frozen in the pokemon anime world... and people just "appear" into it.
[move][/move]

Go Up