Teh Minecraftness thread

Started by KoalaLover99, 2012 Jun 04, 10:15:28

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Tiger

Quote from: Xeno Aura on 2012 Nov 03, 21:50:37
There is also MineZ which is sort of DayZ for MC.

It has last man standing modes, which are generally short 20-30 min matches, where about 20 people or so get put in the world and the last one remaining wins.

And it has a free roam mode, which supports up to about 100 players, in this mode you basically get shoved in a gigantic world (6000x6000 blocks I think) that has been pre-made, with towns built by the MineZ team. It's up to you whether or not to trust the other players, they might team up with you against the zombie hoard, or eliminate you for your equipment.

When players die, they turn into NPC zombies, but the zombies keep all the loot, so if someone kills your zombie, all the loot drops and they can get it.

You can also die of thirst.

Sounds really cool!

Too bad the zombies aren't player controlled. It feels really cool to watch all the zombies moving about so smartly ovO

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

Darkangel

Quote from: Tiger on 2012 Nov 04, 00:30:05
Quote from: Xeno Aura on 2012 Nov 03, 21:50:37
There is also MineZ which is sort of DayZ for MC.

It has last man standing modes, which are generally short 20-30 min matches, where about 20 people or so get put in the world and the last one remaining wins.

And it has a free roam mode, which supports up to about 100 players, in this mode you basically get shoved in a gigantic world (6000x6000 blocks I think) that has been pre-made, with towns built by the MineZ team. It's up to you whether or not to trust the other players, they might team up with you against the zombie hoard, or eliminate you for your equipment.

When players die, they turn into NPC zombies, but the zombies keep all the loot, so if someone kills your zombie, all the loot drops and they can get it.

You can also die of thirst.

Sounds really cool!

Too bad the zombies aren't player controlled. It feels really cool to watch all the zombies moving about so smartly ovO

Well, when they steal all your diamond armor AND your diamond sword, they're not so weak anymore.

...WHY JEB, WHYYYYY?! D:
Don't know what to put here.
So I just am typing these words, not knowing what to type here.
Maybe later I'll figure out.

Book Smarts

A zombie popped out of a chest caused me to panic and I fell to my death  lol

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 Nov 04, 01:00:50

Popped out of a chest? :I

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Xeno Aura

A list of MineZ servers is available at: http://www.minez.net/servers

For Last Man Standing servers, go to: http://www.minez.net/lmsservers

All you need is a legal copy of MC, no mods required, it's all server-side.

Zaner-Boy

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Nov 04, 01:27:34

Yeah, sometimes opening a chest will cause the chest to disappear and a zombie to spawn in it's place, and the chat will say "It's a trap!"

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Zaner-Boy on 2012 Nov 04, 07:25:21

Yeah, sometimes opening a chest will cause the chest to disappear and a zombie to spawn in it's place, and the chat will say "It's a trap!"

Wh... :I
I haven't been playing Minecraft lately, and I actually don't know what exactly you two are talking about.

Zaner-Boy

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Nov 04, 07:27:50

I haven't been playing Minecraft lately, and I actually don't know what exactly you two are talking about.

The MineZ thing. It's like these servers about surviving in a Zombie Apocalypse.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Zaner-Boy on 2012 Nov 04, 07:31:54
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Nov 04, 07:27:50

The MineZ thing. It's like these servers about surviving in a Zombie Apocalypse.

OH! Oh. I had a blonde moment. :P Carry on.

Little Star

I cant play minecraft anymore because it crashes everything on my computer. Too much stuff has been added. GOt bored with it anyways.

Book Smarts

Me: I wonder what's in this chest...
Zombie: Surprise!
Me: Holy Celestia! *slips off from fifth floor*

Rikaria

Err... Bit of help needed with a texture pack involving connected textures (I'm using OptiFine):

1) How do you make it to where glass connects properly?
2) How do you make it to where sandstone connects properly?

I'm using a modified Pony Craft texture pack (outdated since 1.2.5, so it has some things from the 1.4 Love & Tolerance pack), but when I turn on Connected Textures, it uses the original Minecraft skin's textures, so yeah... Little help, please? :(

I'll provide a pic later. *typing this at nearly 5 AM* :c
If I'm not here, I'm most likely on Pokémon Shuffle's Miiverse community.

Rissian

I can't really think of what's causing it, I use optifine as well and the textures are connecting fine you could try switching between fast and fancy texture connections. But you may have to use a different texture pack as it may not be compatible or something. Love and tolerance was updated to 1.4.2 from what I saw on the forums.

Rikaria

2012 Nov 05, 14:53:39 #313 Last Edit: 2012 Nov 07, 05:01:25 by Rikaria
Yeah, I know. I grabbed some stuff off of L&T and put them in (the outdated) Pony Craft since I liked PC's textures better. I didn't grab the ctm file, though, since it's using L&T's textures, so yeah... (Did I lose you? o.O)

EDIT: Never mind; I'll attempt to fix this myself.
If I'm not here, I'm most likely on Pokémon Shuffle's Miiverse community.

Rissian

I've never actually made my own MC texture pack before, so I'm not sure I could help with that. I thought it was optifine messing up or something, since it has a lot of editing options for the graphic settings.  :s

Chishio Kunrin

2012 Nov 05, 16:04:58 #315 Last Edit: 2012 Nov 05, 16:06:41 by Chishio Kunrin
I think if I made a texture pack, it'd end up something like me inverting all the colors so the whole world looks creepy and creepers are purple with white eyes and mouth. lol

It'd be kinda hard to use at first, though, because it'd be harder to tell what ores are what. :I Coal would be white, iron would probably be dark gray, diamonds would probably be red, gold would be blue, redstone would be light blue. But you wouldn't know that unless you played with the texture pack a lot or memorized the color inversions from Paint and stuff.

It'd be such a troll for those who didn't know the inversions and had just started using it, probably. "OMG diamonds!! *Mines* Wh... Redstone..."

Rissian

2012 Nov 05, 16:41:14 #316 Last Edit: 2012 Nov 05, 16:45:18 by Trege
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Nov 05, 16:04:58
I think if I made a texture pack, it'd end up something like me inverting all the colors so the whole world looks creepy and creepers are purple with white eyes and mouth. lol

It'd be kinda hard to use at first, though, because it'd be harder to tell what ores are what. :I Coal would be white, iron would probably be dark gray, diamonds would probably be red, gold would be blue, redstone would be light blue. But you wouldn't know that unless you played with the texture pack a lot or memorized the color inversions from Paint and stuff.

It'd be such a troll for those who didn't know the inversions and had just started using it, probably. "OMG diamonds!! *Mines* Wh... Redstone..."

lol

It would be like the Twilight zone or something, it's actually easy to do that though I assume all you would have to do is take the terrain file and use a program that would invert it. I bet the armors would be all sorts of odd to wear but I think armor files are separate. I'd be half tempted to try that one day, not sure how long I would use it though.  ovO

(What if Steve was inverted to.  :I )

Xeno Aura

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o515/Xeno_Aura/Inverted.png

That's what it looks like with a screenshot having inverted colours applied to it, not sure if a TP would look different... lol

All I can think of is Candy Floss trees....

Rissian

It almost reminds me of Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess for some reason. o_o
(Probably the sky.)

Chishio Kunrin

2012 Nov 05, 17:15:58 #319 Last Edit: 2012 Nov 06, 02:27:20 by Chishio Kunrin
So cool. lol And really bizarre! I think that'd be pretty cool to use, but I'm not sure how many people would use it.

[Edit]: Oh man. :'( I just watched the latest episode of Rythian's Tekkit, episode 29. Oh the drama. It's... It's so sad! I need the episodes to come out faster! I must know what happens next! I don't wanna spoil it, but man, I feel bad for Rythian.
ajfrwerjoaqr I'm about to friggin' cry. X3

Go Up