Teh Minecraftness thread

Started by KoalaLover99, 2012 Jun 04, 10:15:28

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Rissian

2012 Oct 16, 03:12:44 #260 Last Edit: 2012 Oct 16, 03:16:32 by Trege
I'm not sure what I'd build in a world like that I usually play survival mode. So I'd likely end up with a base or house somewhere that looks cool. Maybe a cloud house or ground home or a house on the side of the cliff, that would be kind of cool for the area.

I think castle in the sky had cliff houses I'm going to try building one now.  :D

Wandering Star

Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 Oct 15, 22:50:42
Wish I had a way to play minecraft without lag  :c

From my experience: 40 % is RAM, 50 % is server lag, 10 % is graphic card.

And, yes, of course I will stick other objects on the walls. In fact, I was getting so bored of just having pictures/bookcases on my walls as furniture (well, televisions, shelves, vine shelves, etc... But those aren't legits, just visual ilusions)

Chishio Kunrin

Also in the next update:
- Witches. They'll throw splash potions at you.
- Bats. They're... annoying. And they die from one hit from an iron sword.
- Anvils. Repair your weapons, rename your weapons and items, and combine two enchanted items to get one with both enchantments combined! They respect gravity, so you can actually drop an anvil on someone or a mob and kill them. Anvils do 1.5 hearts of damage per block they fall from.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Captain0Ron

Quote from: Wandering Star on 2012 Oct 16, 08:50:47

And, yes, of course I will stick other objects on the walls. In fact, I was getting so bored of just having pictures/bookcases on my walls as furniture (well, televisions, shelves, vine shelves, etc... But those aren't legits, just visual ilusions)

Wouldn't the processor go somewhere in that percentage?
I have a lil' laptop at the moment with a stupid integrated Intel Graphics 3000 card
However, I maxed out the RAM at 8 gigs, and I'm going to replace the Pentium processor with an i7QM (Mobile i7) processor and hope it does me some good.
Solar Empire Official Identification
(Captain) Ron

Rissian

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Oct 16, 23:02:20
Also in the next update:
- Witches. They'll throw splash potions at you.
- Bats. They're... annoying. And they die from one hit from an iron sword.
- Anvils. Repair your weapons, rename your weapons and items, and combine two enchanted items to get one with both enchantments combined! They respect gravity, so you can actually drop an anvil on someone or a mob and kill them. Anvils do 1.5 hearts of damage per block they fall from.

The anvil thing sounds pretty fun 1.5 hearts per block. You could make some seriously deadly adventure maps and traps with that.  ovO

I saw the bats in one of the snapshots I tried out not sure if they are hostile or passive though as they were in a ravine and I couldn't reach them. It's too bad the snapshot didn't have the witch included yet though, and if they give witches poison splash potions that's going to be interesting. o_o

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Trege on 2012 Oct 16, 23:50:01
and if they give witches poison splash potions that's going to be interesting. o_o

Oh, they do. A witch threw one at Simon in the Yogscast's new snapshot coverage video. She also threw a potion of slowness. And she was too close to Simon at one point and hit herself with a poison potion. lol

Wandering Star

Quote from: Captain0Ron on 2012 Oct 16, 23:33:52
Quote from: Wandering Star on 2012 Oct 16, 08:50:47

Wouldn't the processor go somewhere in that percentage?
I have a lil' laptop at the moment with a stupid integrated Intel Graphics 3000 card
However, I maxed out the RAM at 8 gigs, and I'm going to replace the Pentium processor with an i7QM (Mobile i7) processor and hope it does me some good.

In theory, aslong as you can have processor to fullfill the minimum requirements and to handle that amount of RAM, it shouldn't be the problem when you lag. However, it helps too.

Book Smarts

RAM is used for render distance and graphics card is used for the graphics in minecraft maybe? I don't know  :I

They even have witch huts to loot  X3

Rissian

2012 Oct 17, 15:50:31 #268 Last Edit: 2012 Oct 17, 16:49:29 by Trege
CPU RAM and a good Graphics card are all important for games. As one can bottleneck the other, a graphics card is the most important for normal games but Minecraft needs RAM and a good CPU as it has to build the world as you play the graphics card has to display the world and RAM has to cache the world for easy access to different chunks and parts. Now the CPU would probably only bottleneck the game during world generation if it wasn't fast enough, but once the world generates the game would probably run at normal FPS if it had the RAM and Graphics card needed for the rest.

One example is the wedge generator takes a toll on my CPU but once the crazy worlds generate the FPS stabilizes.

(This is from what I've learned but I could be mistaken on a few things.)

Chishio Kunrin

When I get my own Minecraft account, I'm not sure what I should name it. Rozalyn, Rozalyn_Mage, or Rozalyn_Paige.
I have no idea why Paige. My brain came up with it when I thought of Rozalyn_Mage, probably because it rhymes and also sounds good.

Book Smarts

I did a scenario with couple of my friends where one them was the GM and the rest of us had to defend a walled village. In the end,  the GM spawned 20 Withers on us  >A<

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 Nov 03, 12:32:35
I did a scenario with couple of my friends where one them was the GM and the rest of us had to defend a walled village. In the end,  the GM spawned 20 Withers on us  >A<

O: WHAT A.... lol
That's like a D&D GM putting a bunch of dragons on the map. This is why you must respect and fear the GM. :]

Since my post is at the bottom of the last page, I'll re-ask here so it'll be seen:
When I get my own Minecraft account, I dunno what the name should be exactly. Rozalyn, Rozalyn_Mage, or Rozalyn_Paige.
With or without the underscores ( _ ). And no, my name is not Rozalyn Paige in real life. My brain just thinks that name sounds good.

Rissian

Rozalyn sounds pretty cool, but then again so does Rozalyn_Paige dunno why it just kind of rings when you pronounce it.

Xeno Aura

Yeah, I agree with Trege, Rozalyn and Rozalyn_Paige sound good.

Afraid I can't help you which one to pick lol.

I should get back into MC, I'm just having trouble finding what to do in it, which sounds silly, given what it is.

Chishio Kunrin

I'm probably gonna pick RozalynPaige or Rozalyn_Paige, then. I'm gonna be completely shocked and kind of upset if someone else somehow has that as their username. :I

Rissian

Quote from: Xeno Aura on 2012 Nov 03, 15:55:31

I should get back into MC, I'm just having trouble finding what to do in it, which sounds silly, given what it is.

I'm kind of like that myself, I've been playing on the Tekkit server for awhile now and I got some solar panels a few days ago and a batbox but I didn't know what to do with it other than have an unlimited power macerator so I broke one panel by mistake and gave the other panel away  ovO . I'll probably figure out something eventually maybe start redesigning my house then figure out what to do with the machines.

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Nov 03, 16:10:14
I'm probably gonna pick RozalynPaige or Rozalyn_Paige, then. I'm gonna be completely shocked and kind of upset if someone else somehow has that as their username. :I

My username has actually been used in a few places which surprises me since I sort of made up the name myself, and thought it would be uncommon.  :I

Something like Rozalyn_Paige seems pretty original though so there's probably a low chance it is taken.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Trege on 2012 Nov 03, 16:15:21
Quote from: Xeno Aura on 2012 Nov 03, 15:55:31

I'm kind of like that myself, I've been playing on the Tekkit server for awhile now and I got some solar panels a few days ago and a batbox but I didn't know what to do with it other than have an unlimited power macerator so I broke one panel by mistake and gave the other panel away  ovO . I'll probably figure out something eventually maybe start redesigning my house then figure out what to do with the machines.

I've actually kinda been thinking about playing Tekkit the YogscastRythian way. All magic, no science. Become a powerful mage. ovO

However, the LoE Tekkit server would make that kinda hard, since energy collectors, destruction catalysts, infernal armor, at least one amulet, and some rings are banned. Bleh. Bleh, I say!
So the highest armor I'd be able to go would probably be red matter, and it'd take a while for me to get lots of dark matter and red matter if I condensed it or even hand-crafted it. While other people would have quarries, I'd be stuck still mining with a pickaxe. Red matter or not, it's still a pickaxe, albeit a very powerful and http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=2470.0">Read the forum rules. pickaxe.
Are we allowed to say http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=2470.0">Read the forum rules. on here?

Xeno Aura

2012 Nov 03, 16:42:57 #277 Last Edit: 2012 Nov 03, 16:45:38 by Xeno Aura
QuoteAre we allowed to say http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=2470.0">Read the forum rules. on here?

Iunno, but I just quoted you so.  :/

DM/RM pick axes are very good, I used a DM pick ax and full DM armour on the tekkit server before the world reset and I lost it all. It can mine much faster than a quarry at full speed, only disadvantage being that you have an inventory that can fill up. But with Alchemical bags, it should help you a bit.

Getting the DM in the first place is the problem.

Ultimately Tekkit *can* take away a bit of the fun in MC if you rely on it, it's tempting to have 500 quarries completely lagging and crashing the entire server, but doing so means you have no reason to mine, and that's a shame. So I usually only have 1 quarry or 2 at most running at once.

I do fully support Collectors being banned though, they just ruin the entire game if you have them, no need to ever mine (or do anything) once you have a couple running, especially on a server that runs 24/7, if you build the collector in a busy area, the chunk will almost always be loaded, so it'll be generating a ton of EMC.

Rissian

2012 Nov 03, 16:43:24 #278 Last Edit: 2012 Nov 03, 17:37:23 by Trege
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Nov 03, 16:31:18
I've actually kinda been thinking about playing Tekkit the YogscastRythian way. All magic, no science. Become a powerful mage. ovO

However, the LoE Tekkit server would make that kinda hard, since energy collectors, destruction catalysts, infernal armor, at least one amulet, and some rings are banned. Bleh. Bleh, I say!
So the highest armor I'd be able to go would probably be red matter, and it'd take a while for me to get lots of dark matter and red matter if I condensed it or even hand-crafted it. While other people would have quarries, I'd be stuck still mining with a pickaxe. Red matter or not, it's still a pickaxe, albeit a very powerful and http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=2470.0">Read the forum rules. pickaxe.
Are we allowed to say http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=2470.0">Read the forum rules. on here?

I'm still new to Tekkit so that's the main reason I can't figure out what to do.  X3

I only knew about red matter and dark matter gear from looking at the recipe guide that's built into Tekkit. I'm probably going the melee route since I love battle axes in Tekkit so far I got a diamond one and it's currently my favorite melee weapon. I also love the gem gear, gem tools are awesome. I like sapphire and emerald the most currently tool wise.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Trege on 2012 Nov 03, 16:43:24
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Nov 03, 16:31:18

I'm still new to Tekkit so that's the main reason I can't figure out what to do.  X3

I only knew about red matter and dark matter gear from looking at the recipe guide that's built into Tekkit. I'm probably going the melee route since I love battle axes in Tekkit so far I got a diamond one and it's currently my favorite melee weapon. I also love the gem gear, gem tools are awesome. I like sapphire and emerald the most currently tool wise.

I haven't even played Tekkit yet. I just watch a looooot of Yogscast.
Several members are doing their own series on their server, so there are multiple channels to watch it from.

- BlueXephos: Simon, Lewis, and Duncan, but they do scripted story stuff sometimes, which is interesting and funny.
- Yogscastlalna: Duncan. He still has a bunch of videos from the old world they had on their server, and his series is just plain educational. His series has continued on to the new world they're currently using. He kind of goes into multiple mods from the pack. The science stuff, Equivalent Exchange, computers, etc.
- YogscastSips and YogscastSjin: Sips and Sjin alternate which channel they post their episodes on.
- YogscastRythian: Rythian, of course. He's been doing strictly magic, as I've said before. It's part of his character. His character despises science. There's kind of a story going on in his series, but he still sticks to teaching how to do the magic-related stuff, especially since Zoeya became his character's apprentice.
Spoiler: Rythian's story and the reason behind it • show

He wants revenge on Duncan and Sjin. On the first Tekkit world, Rythian was apparently becoming all-powerful. Meanwhile, Sjin ended up using pipes to steal from Duncan. Duncan found out, stole Sjin's diamonds, and set Sjin's house on fire. A few revenge pranks later, the two ended up engaged in aerial combat, accidentally setting other people's properties on fire, killing people, and destroying Rythian's house. It ended when Duncan set off two nukes next to Sjin's house, and Sjin took all the coolant cells out of Duncan's nuclear reactor. Everyone in the new world on the server has been saying they ended up there after the world exploded, referencing that big fight. On the BlueXephos channel, Duncan has shown distrust of Sjin, also referencing the fight.

Go Up