Teh Minecraftness thread

Started by KoalaLover99, 2012 Jun 04, 10:15:28

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Xeno Aura

Inthelittlewood (Yogscast Martyn) also does a Tekkit series with SoTotallyToby, they play on the same server as the aforementioned players.

Worth mentioning here that all members of the Yogscast do use bad language, although nearly everyone has probably watched at least 1 of their videos, or you can just assume that a lot of let's plays contain bad language.

I'm not sure whether to start over on Tekkit again, or do some work in the creative mode of Vanilla....

Rissian

2012 Nov 03, 17:12:42 #281 Last Edit: 2012 Nov 03, 17:16:39 by Trege
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Nov 03, 16:59:31
Spoiler: show
Quote from: Trege on 2012 Nov 03, 16:43:24
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Nov 03, 16:31:18
I've actually kinda been thinking about playing Tekkit the YogscastRythian way. All magic, no science. Become a powerful mage. ovO

However, the LoE Tekkit server would make that kinda hard, since energy collectors, destruction catalysts, infernal armor, at least one amulet, and some rings are banned. Bleh. Bleh, I say!
So the highest armor I'd be able to go would probably be red matter, and it'd take a while for me to get lots of dark matter and red matter if I condensed it or even hand-crafted it. While other people would have quarries, I'd be stuck still mining with a pickaxe. Red matter or not, it's still a pickaxe, albeit a very powerful and http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=2470.0">Read the forum rules. pickaxe.
Are we allowed to say http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=2470.0">Read the forum rules. on here?

I'm still new to Tekkit so that's the main reason I can't figure out what to do.  X3

I only knew about red matter and dark matter gear from looking at the recipe guide that's built into Tekkit. I'm probably going the melee route since I love battle axes in Tekkit so far I got a diamond one and it's currently my favorite melee weapon. I also love the gem gear, gem tools are awesome. I like sapphire and emerald the most currently tool wise.

I haven't even played Tekkit yet. I just watch a looooot of Yogscast.
Several members are doing their own series on their server, so there are multiple channels to watch it from.

- BlueXephos: Simon, Lewis, and Duncan, but they do scripted story stuff sometimes, which is interesting and funny.
- Yogscastlalna: Duncan. He still has a bunch of videos from the old world they had on their server, and his series is just plain educational. His series has continued on to the new world they're currently using. He kind of goes into multiple mods from the pack. The science stuff, Equivalent Exchange, computers, etc.
- YogscastSips and YogscastSjin: Sips and Sjin alternate which channel they post their episodes on.
- YogscastRythian: Rythian, of course. He's been doing strictly magic, as I've said before. It's part of his character. His character despises science. There's kind of a story going on in his series, but he still sticks to teaching how to do the magic-related stuff, especially since Zoeya became his character's apprentice.

Spoiler: Rythian's story and the reason behind it • show

He wants revenge on Duncan and Sjin. On the first Tekkit world, Rythian was apparently becoming all-powerful. Meanwhile, Sjin ended up using pipes to steal from Duncan. Duncan found out, stole Sjin's diamonds, and set Sjin's house on fire. A few revenge pranks later, the two ended up engaged in aerial combat, accidentally setting other people's properties on fire, killing people, and destroying Rythian's house. It ended when Duncan set off two nukes next to Sjin's house, and Sjin took all the coolant cells out of Duncan's nuclear reactor. Everyone in the new world on the server has been saying they ended up there after the world exploded, referencing that big fight. On the BlueXephos channel, Duncan has shown distrust of Sjin, also referencing the fight.

I've actually only been watching the Adventure maps and Survival games like the walls and stuff, which explains why I haven't learned about Tekkit from the videos. I'm actually watching the walls 2 right now.  ovO I love Hannah and Duncans playthroughs although Simon and Lewis have grew on me from watching the walls 1 and how they TNTed Duncan and Hannah.  lol

One of the things that me got interested in Tekkit was the machines though I like messing with them sometimes.

Quote from: Xeno Aura on 2012 Nov 03, 17:09:52
Inthelittlewood (Yogscast Martyn) also does a Tekkit series with SoTotallyToby, they play on the same server as the aforementioned players.

Worth mentioning here that all members of the Yogscast do use bad language, although nearly everyone has probably watched at least 1 of their videos, or you can just assume that a lot of let's plays contain bad language.

I'm not sure whether to start over on Tekkit again, or do some work in the creative mode of Vanilla....

I haven't watched inthelittlewood yet but I did see him in the survival games. I can't remember what happened to him though, did him and Toby have to fight each other?

Xeno Aura

Is Survival Games the actual name? If so I haven't watched it.

I only started watching Martyn/Toby a couple of months ago, shortly after Martyn became part of the Yogscast.

He's been fairly close to the Yogscast for a while, he created "Form This Way" which Simon and Lewis asked if they could improve it and put it up on the BlueXephos channel, he also did the main vocals for "blah the Nether" (Not the actual title).

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Xeno Aura on 2012 Nov 03, 17:09:52

Yeah, but I think they only have 6 episodes now and haven't really gotten to the Tekkit part yet, from what I've seen. That's why I didn't mention them.

Quote from: Xeno Aura on 2012 Nov 03, 17:17:52
Is Survival Games the actual name? If so I haven't watched it.

I only started watching Martyn/Toby a couple of months ago, shortly after Martyn became part of the Yogscast.

He's been fairly close to the Yogscast for a while, he created "Form This Way" which Simon and Lewis asked if they could improve it and put it up on the BlueXephos channel, he also did the main vocals for "blah the Nether" (Not the actual title).

Yeah, they were in Survival Games. At the end, it was Martyn against Toby because only one could win. They're really good at PvP.

I kind of consider Screw the Nether to be like Martyn's initiation. ovO

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Rissian

2012 Nov 03, 17:34:10 #284 Last Edit: 2012 Nov 03, 17:36:06 by Trege
Spoiler: The Walls • show
Simon : "There can be only one Lewis I'm sorry!"

lol

I wonder what's going to happen at the end of The Walls 2. *Continues watching.*

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Trege on 2012 Nov 03, 17:34:10
Spoiler: The Walls • show
Simon : "There can be only one Lewis I'm sorry!"

lol

I wonder what's going to happen at the end of The Walls 2. *Continues watching.*

I loved watching those from all the different perspectives.

I loved how, in one of them, near the end
It was just Simon, Lewis, Sips, and Sjin left. Sips and Sjin had been hiding underground since it began after making a sign out of dirt over their area. At one point, in Simon and Lewis's video, you hear a *crack* sound like someone just took damage.
Lewis: What was that? *Turns around* Did you take damage?
Simon: No?
~Meanwhile~
Sjin: *Fleeing downstairs* I'm starving!!
lol They came so close to finding Sips and Sjin earlier than they ended up finding them! If Lewis had investigated that first damage sound from Sjin starting to starve, instead of shrugging it off and walking away, it would've gone differently.

Xeno Aura

Yeah that was The Walls 1, they were good episodes, hoping Hypixel releases The Walls 3, and they do it again.

Martyn has been playing a couple (at least 1) of Hypixels maps I think, in 16 player matches, with various youtubers.

Rissian

I actually never noticed that because I didn't watch Sips, and Sjin I mainly watch Duncan Hannah Simon and Lewis.  ovO

I hope they do a The Walls 3 as well, I like watching any of the PVP ones currently just from all the funny things that happen.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Trege on 2012 Nov 03, 17:48:46
I actually never noticed that because I didn't watch Sips, and Sjin I mainly watch Duncan Hannah Simon and Lewis.  ovO

I hope they do a The Walls 3 as well, I like watching any of the PVP ones currently just from all the funny things that happen.

I used to not be that interested in Sips and Sjin, but since I've been watching their Tekkit series, they've really grown on me.

It's really funny and amazing how their plan at the beginning of The Walls worked. "I'm gonna make a giant sign that says 'eat s***' and they're gonna see that and be so scared, they're not gonna know what to do."

Well... the others weren't scared, but it still worked. The moment they saw that sign: "Well, we know where Sips and Sjin are." Since they knew where those two were, they went to the other corners to check for the other teams. lol

Rissian

2012 Nov 03, 18:01:57 #289 Last Edit: 2012 Nov 03, 18:16:02 by Trege
I loved Simon and Lewis's description of Sips and Sjin in the beginning of The Walls 2 after the events of The Walls 1.  lol

After I get done watching Simon and Lewis's playthrough of The Walls 2 I'm going to watch Hannah and Duncan's to see if they have anything funny to say about the last walls game.  :D

Vertigo,

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Nov 03, 11:58:14
When I get my own Minecraft account, I'm not sure what I should name it. Rozalyn, Rozalyn_Mage, or Rozalyn_Paige.
I have no idea why Paige. My brain came up with it when I thought of Rozalyn_Mage, probably because it rhymes and also sounds good.

im going to get full vertion on chrimas. Im going to be called vertigo.  :3

Tiger

You guys know mcinfected?

People become zombies that infect others to become more zombies ovO

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

Rissian

o_o That actually sounds pretty cool for Minecraft, do the players themselves become zombies?

SapphirePony

Quote from: Tiger on 2012 Nov 03, 20:39:41
You guys know mcinfected?

People become zombies that infect others to become more zombies ovO
Imagin this... Zombles infecting other zombles  ovO

Tiger

Quote from: Trege on 2012 Nov 03, 20:40:44
o_o That actually sounds pretty cool for Minecraft, do the players themselves become zombies?

Yep! Player controlled zombies. How cool is that!?

When you become a zombie, you can't see yourself as a zombie, but others do. Others also can't see your username, making this useful for sneak attacks against remaining survivors.

Darkangel

Quote from: Tiger on 2012 Nov 03, 21:02:49

When you become a zombie, you can't see yourself as a zombie, but others do. Others also can't see your username, making this useful for sneak attacks against remaining survivors.

Is it a server or something?
Don't know what to put here.
So I just am typing these words, not knowing what to type here.
Maybe later I'll figure out.

Chishio Kunrin

There are some pretty cool multiplayer Minecraft games out there.

I've seen two that Martyn (inthelittlewood) has done. One is kind of a Who Dunnit sort of thing, based on Trouble In Terrorist Town. I think it's called Trouble In MineTown? You'd have to look it up on his channel.
Basically, before the game starts, everyone has a short amount of time to find a chest and get a weapon from it. When the game starts, it assigns each person innocent or guilty, something like that, and one person is the detective. The guilty person/people has/have to kill people, but they have to be discreet about it. Everyone else has to try to figure out who's guilty, and to find out for sure, they... well... kill the suspect. Then, the game will tell them that person's body was found and whether or not they were innocent.

Then, there's also another game that takes place in a town. Someone will be assigned as a vampire by the game, and they'll get to have invisibility potions and a sword. Every once in a while, a villager will appear in a building, and a beam of light will shoot up into the sky at that location. The vampire has to kill the villagers. Any non-vampire player who dies becomes a vampire. As the vampires kill villagers, they get upgrades by being able to buy them from villagers in the cave that vampires spawn in. It's up to the other players to guard the villagers. At the end, the game tells them which side won.

I love how, in Martyn's first video of the vampire one, Toby
Toby ended up being insulted by Martyn and the others, so he went to jump off a roof to become a vampire. Instead, according to him, a vampire pushed him off the roof. lol

Tiger

Quote from: Darkangel on 2012 Nov 03, 21:07:55
Quote from: Tiger on 2012 Nov 03, 21:02:49

Is it a server or something?

Yeah, multiple servers. Here's the IPs.

s1.mcinfected.net
s2.mcinfected.net
s3.mcinfected.net
s4.mcinfected.net
s5.mcinfected.net

Not guaranteed that you'll have decent lag!

Xeno Aura

There is also MineZ which is sort of DayZ for MC.

It has last man standing modes, which are generally short 20-30 min matches, where about 20 people or so get put in the world and the last one remaining wins.

And it has a free roam mode, which supports up to about 100 players, in this mode you basically get shoved in a gigantic world (6000x6000 blocks I think) that has been pre-made, with towns built by the MineZ team. It's up to you whether or not to trust the other players, they might team up with you against the zombie hoard, or eliminate you for your equipment.

When players die, they turn into NPC zombies, but the zombies keep all the loot, so if someone kills your zombie, all the loot drops and they can get it.

You can also die of thirst.

Book Smarts

Quote from: Xeno Aura on 2012 Nov 03, 21:50:37
There is also MineZ which is sort of DayZ for MC.

It has last man standing modes, which are generally short 20-30 min matches, where about 20 people or so get put in the world and the last one remaining wins.

And it has a free roam mode, which supports up to about 100 players, in this mode you basically get shoved in a gigantic world (6000x6000 blocks I think) that has been pre-made, with towns built by the MineZ team. It's up to you whether or not to trust the other players, they might team up with you against the zombie hoard, or eliminate you for your equipment.

When players die, they turn into NPC zombies, but the zombies keep all the loot, so if someone kills your zombie, all the loot drops and they can get it.

You can also die of thirst.

I'm intrigued, can you share a link?

Go Up