Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Ramisha

OH MY GOD CALM DOWN seriously Midnight did not say a thing about people not being greedy. Just go sleep. Both of you.

NomDePlume

"Every secret of a writer's soul, every experience of his life, every quality of his mind, is written large in his works."<br />--Virginia Woolf

Ramisha

Well, go play a game or something. All that arguing makes me think you're having a bad day!
Hhmm... I'm annoyed by those stupid girls that put dumb lyrics or text that's written from the perspective of a guy glorifying her. And of course they look pretty in their pictures, they don't look anything like themselves with all that makeup and filters.

cloudwilk

I understood the penny argument, and I just thought he was trying to be funny and make a point in a simple manner (It came out as sarcasm to me, though, like after 100$ who cares about that measly penny, like they're going to hold up a line to get a penny back or something.) I mean, with credit/debit cards, cash isn't used too often anyway. I mean, still is (slightly, I don't usually have cash), but its pretty unnecessary.
I mostly just like coins because I'm a coin collector and find what they do with the coins is neat. But, heck, I also like collecting certain DVD's and books and that's not going to stop them from making them.

So, to my irk point, it annoys me that book stores are going out of business and the possibility DVD's won't exist. All the video stores in my area are out besides the redbox (which isn't a store but it is a retailer) sitting in the Price Chopper. You can't really own DVD's so easily without traveling 20 miles to go to a mall with a Barnes and Nobles in it or buying it online. I really like physically holding my art. u.u The cover designs.. the backside.. the décor on the DVD. It sucked when the VHS had to go but I didn't think that the physical form of a film would be obliterated entirely years after.

[I]"Want to see where I came from??"[/I]Jump into the portal and find out!

LostSanity

2014 Aug 16, 10:32:12 #13824 Last Edit: 2014 Aug 16, 19:13:44 by Book Smarts
Okay... seriously...

WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED TO RESPECTING OTHERS OPINIONS?

There used to be a time when people would respect others opinions. What happened to that? SERIOUSLY?

The last time I checked... everyone was allowed to have an opinion. Everyone's opinions are different. It doesn't matter if you don't like their opinion, disagree with the opinion, or outright hate it. You still have to respect their opinion.

Or at least that's how I thought it was anyway. APPARENTLY THAT'S GONE TOO. WHAT HAPPENED TO RESPECTING OTHERS OPINIONS? SERIOUSLY?

Just because you don't like the opinion doesn't give you the right to bash and insult the person that has said opinion. That's immature and just downright disrespectful and BS. If you don't like the opinion, disagree with the opinion, or outright hate the opinion, that's fine, BUT DON'T INSULT AND BASH THE PERSON FOR HAVING THEIR OPINION. If you disagree with them... the best thing to do is just ignore them and find something else to do with your time instead of bashing them and insulting them for the opinions that they have.

THE END.

THAT IS ALL.

BUT I GUESS ALL OF THAT IS IMO TOO. BECAUSE APPARENTLY ALL OF MY OPINIONS ARE CONTROVERSIAL.

>:O

P.S.: This IS NOT about the argument that just happened on this thread. This is CONTINUOUSLY happening to me and I'm downright SICK OF IT.

:l
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Pipkin

Just a friendly reminder although no posts recently have broken any rules thrre is no need to go overboard with your posts.  Keep the rules in mind. Thank you  :D

NomDePlume

When my brothers argue.  :(
"Every secret of a writer's soul, every experience of his life, every quality of his mind, is written large in his works."<br />--Virginia Woolf

Pipkin

I have a very poor internet connection at work....i barely get a signal in this room....and Saturdays are so long and boring....
i just feel like napping

Chrisgotjar

I've had a splitting headache all day, I've taken some migrain tablets and they've managed to dumb it down a little.

But my biggest issue is that it's 9:30pm and I haven't done anything remotely productive today. I haven't even picked up my pencil and scribbled or jotted down an idea for one of my projects. I know I shouldn't beat myself up about it but it knaws away at my very being. :I
You appear to be reading a signature my good sir/madam.

Pipkin

2014 Aug 16, 17:29:16 #13829 Last Edit: 2014 Aug 16, 18:36:14 by Pipkin
It took me thirty five minutes to make this post.  My connection is that bad.

Eight hours and this is the most productive thing ive done at work today.....i cant believe I'm getting paid to do this...

Ill fix the stupid link when i get home.  This phone is about to be chucked across the parking lot.....

Midnight Breeze

Look on the bright side: at least you don't live in Montana.

Pipkin

2014 Aug 16, 18:33:21 #13831 Last Edit: 2014 Aug 16, 18:37:52 by Pipkin
Quote from: Ahri on 2014 Aug 16, 18:19:06
Quote from: Pipkin on 2014 Aug 16, 17:29:16
It took me thirty five minutes to make this post.  My connection is that bad.

Eight hours and this is the most productive thing ive done at work today.....i cant believe I'm getting paid to do this...
Spoiler: That pic tho • show

Ill fix the stupid link when i get home.  This phone is about to be chucked across the parking lot.....

Yeah, should probably upgrade that 2g to 4g LTE.

It is 4g LTE.  I discovered that the new firmware Samsung rolled into the Galaxy S3s is garbage, with a bunch of issues.  I know that before as I had, and still have issues in the past, but now it's apparent i'm gonna have to learn to install a new rootkit

Pipkin

im trying to install an earlier firmware build by rooting my phone but I got locked out of the software for an hour because my laptop keeps derping.....

at least all my stuff is backed up

DawnsEmbrace

The amount of OC ideas I have that I have neither the time nor talent to make good annoys me to no end.

I currently have 6 unmade OCs, and that list is only being added to every time I get a good idea for another one.
<br />

Ramisha

Oops I overloaded myself with requests again. I hate when I do that. I guess I'm just too generous.
They're not even simple requests...

>:O

cloudwilk

Yea, I really get annoyed with my art at times. Whenever I have an idea but I just can't seem to do it right I get really annoyed.

[I]"Want to see where I came from??"[/I]Jump into the portal and find out!

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: DawnsEmbrace on 2014 Aug 17, 00:09:03
The amount of OC ideas I have that I have neither the time nor talent to make good annoys me to no end.

I currently have 6 unmade OCs, and that list is only being added to every time I get a good idea for another one.

The fact that I only seem to be able to make decent OCs when I'm not actually trying to make OCs, but the moment I want to make, flesh out, and complete an OC, my brain has a massive brainfart.

Or maybe I just take a long time to make a well-rounded OC. I can't sit down with my idea and entirely flesh it out. It just happens in bursts of inspiration at random over an extended period of time, and it's kind of frustrating sometimes. Like with my RWBY OCs. I have three of them, sort of.
The first one, I've figured out a lot more of her personality than the other two and came up with her semblance (special ability).
The second one, I've actually figured out a bit of his past, while I have none for the other two.
The third one, I've pretty much completed his appearance, outfit, and emblem, and I've become attached to calling him Nathan.

If I combined all three of them, I would have one almost-complete OC... *Facepalm* But unless that OC is off on their own for some reason, I need four, not one. And I need to find a way to make a team name from their names. Luckily, the anagram doesn't have to be their first names. I can use last names too.

And of course there's the naming rule in the series... All character and team names have to be a color, mean a color, sound like a color, or make you think of a color. So Nathan's last name will have to have something to do with a color.
Just to clear up the naming rule for everyone, examples from the show:
Be a color: Mercury Black. Dove Bronzewing.
Mean a color: Jaune is French for yellow. Blake means black in old English. Weiss is German for white.
Sound like a color: Little known fact, one of the news reporters in the series premiere is named Cyril Ian, which sounds like Cerulean.
Make you think of a color: Ruby Rose (red gem, red roses). Penny (copper and green). Cardin Winchester (Cardinal, a red bird. It helps knowing that his team is Team CRDL, which is pronounced Cardinal).
It can even be a mixture: Weiss Schnee (Schnee means snow, and snow is white). Yang Xiao Long (Sun Little Dragon. Suns are often depicted as being yellow).

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Ramisha

Spoiler: show
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Aug 17, 09:15:49
And of course there's the naming rule in the series... All character and team names have to be a color, mean a color, sound like a color, or make you think of a color. So Nathan's last name will have to have something to do with a color.

I can help you with that, um, I mean... I can tell you the names of colors in Croatian  X3 And you can check here too http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_colors:_A%E2%80%93F
okay, now colors in Croatian. Umm... There's two of each because the first one is the female version and the second is male, but the female version is more commonly used.
Plava/plavo - blue
Crvena/crveno - red
zlatna/zlatno - gold
srebrna/srebrno - silver
Zelena/zeleno - green
Siva/sivo - gray
Bijela/bijelo - white
Crna/crno - black
... that's all the usual colors I can write without žćčšđ...

Anyway... when people say Nu Metal is not metal.

Why do you think it has Metal in its name in the first place?

DawnsEmbrace

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Aug 17, 09:15:49

I've never watched RWBY, so anything I say is most likely wrong in some way, but even so.
If it were up to me, I'd name him Nathaniel le Blanc.
Of course, I changed it from Nathan to Nathaniel, but I just thought it sounded nicer that way.  Especially considering Nathan is a common shortening of Nathaniel.

Anyway, Blanc means white in French, I believe.
<br />

Itty Bit

I need to seriously stop playing competitive fighting games. Nothing hurts my self confidence faster than those.

Go Up