Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

cloudwilk

Quote from: Itty Bit on 2014 Aug 17, 23:20:21
I need to seriously stop playing competitive fighting games. Nothing hurts my self confidence faster than those.

Yep. Even pokemon just ruined my self esteem T.T

[I]"Want to see where I came from??"[/I]Jump into the portal and find out!

Chromastone64

I feel horrible after a while when I play pokemon online. Because I barely ever win on my own merit. It's all my OP Darkrai, and even then, I still lose a lot. I can't win either way.  :c
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

The Stars

Quote from: Itty Bit on 2014 Aug 17, 23:20:21
I need to seriously stop playing competitive fighting games. Nothing hurts my self confidence faster than those.

Basically how I feel when I realize the AI in Blazblue can easily kick me down @.@
Heads up!

// Thanks a lot Tiger! :D

PrincessButton

I'm having a tough time. I keep trying to be optimistic, and it seems that any time things begin to look up I get kicked in the face with something more awful than before. I am just so stressed and upset about it all.  ono
[Avatar drawn by Dusky Hues; Thank you!]

Little Star

Quote from: Princess Button on 2014 Aug 18, 12:02:06
I'm having a tough time. I keep trying to be optimistic, and it seems that any time things begin to look up I get kicked in the face with something more awful than before. I am just so stressed and upset about it all.  ono

Aww Butt! *hugs* We love you!!  <3

PrincessButton

Quote from: StarSong on 2014 Aug 18, 12:05:09
Quote from: Princess Button on 2014 Aug 18, 12:02:06

Aww Butt! *hugs* We love you!!  <3
Awe, thanks much, Soap. <3 I love you guys too.
[Avatar drawn by Dusky Hues; Thank you!]

Chack

I literally can't play anything competitively anymore. All I do is get sad. And angry.
I nearly messed up my mouse and keyboard playing TF2.
Wait for it...

Randam Saiko

When the only way to shut someone up is to either mute them or try to suffocate them with laughter.

Emit, you mischievous little...
My OCs

Little Star

>:/Everyone hates on traditional artists ;_;

Like, if you do digital suddenly everyone loves you and it makes me feel depressed  ono

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: StarSong on 2014 Aug 18, 12:41:21
>:/Everyone hates on traditional artists ;_;

Like, if you do digital suddenly everyone loves you and it makes me feel depressed  ono

Drawing lines is easy enough when you do it digitally because of the line tool. WHOOOA.
And you can easily color in the lines flawlessly by using layers, putting the color layers beneath the line layer, and completely erasing anything that pokes outside the lines. WHOOOOOA!
You can easily use the gradient tool to make a beautiful gradient, and use the opacity meter on a layer to make transparent things! WHOOOOOOA!
If you mess up, don't worry, just hit Ctrl Z! WHOOOOOOOOA!
Having trouble finding the right color for your art? Don't worry, you can find a hex code or the RGB code online, or if you're drawing fanart, bring up a screenshot of the character and use the color picker tool! WHOOOOOOOOOOOA!

Basically, this is my cheeky way of saying I don't understand it either. Traditional art requires skill to make it look great, while digital art has all kinds of handy tools that make creating art a lot easier.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Chromastone64

Rant incoming.
Spoiler: show
Oh, man...my best friend...he's nice, but "stubborn as a mule" is putting it lightly. He'll whine and rant until he gets what he wants.
Take when we played Minecraft Xbox Edition at my house for example. We hadn't done our basic Survival in a while, so I wanted to do it instead of our "competitive survival" (we both go survival and whoever dies loses). However, I've beaten him about four times in a row (which is lucky, considering he beats me at absolutely everything else), and he has pretty much stated that we won't do ANYTHING else until he beats me.
Now, I said we would do competitive again ONLY if he didn't whine about me finishing The Last Of Us while he was there (he doesn't care about that kind of game). He agreed to it, and what does he do? Keep bugging me every five seconds about when the cutscenes will end, and talking so much I couldn't hear it! So, naturally, I said we'd do normal survival because, to put it bluntly, he wouldn't shut up. (I didn't say that to him, of course) What does he do next? LEAVE. He got all his stuff and left because we didn't do what he wanted! And we always do stuff he wants! If he doesn't want to play a certain game, he'll just pull out his 3DS and just sit there. Plus he'll GUESS WHAT whine until I turn something else on.
Fast forward two days later when I go round his house, and his mum tells me he told her he came back early because there "wasn't anything to do there". Um, excuse me, but WHAT ABOUT THE SURVIVAL WE'VE BEEN IGNORING FOR WEEKS?!
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

cloudwilk

It really bothers me when people say 'gif' as in 'gift'. It irritates my ears. T.T I know most people are the other way around at this point... but I am in the right when I pronounce it 'jiff'. You can't get mad at me, then. Plus, most people I know who even know of the .gif format have only learned about it since tumblr. I've been into image formats before they even knew how to use a computer T.T

By the way, post before me, your friend reminds me of my cousin when we were younger. He wasn't actually interested in playing, he was more interested in winning, and he'd try to spin it in his direction whenever we played. Plus, there was always "You played first last time! It's my turn to play first." He always played first, and sometimes, I'd never even get to play when he was over.

[I]"Want to see where I came from??"[/I]Jump into the portal and find out!

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: cloudwilk on 2014 Aug 18, 16:47:30
It really bothers me when people say 'gif' as in 'gift'. It irritates my ears. T.T I know most people are the other way around at this point... but I am in the right when I pronounce it 'jiff'. You can't get mad at me, then. Plus, most people I know who even know of the .gif format have only learned about it since tumblr. I've been into image formats before they even knew how to use a computer T.T

By the way, post before me, your friend reminds me of my cousin when we were younger. He wasn't actually interested in playing, he was more interested in winning, and he'd try to spin it in his direction whenever we played. Plus, there was always "You played first last time! It's my turn to play first." He always played first, and sometimes, I'd never even get to play when he was over.

Jraphic interchange format

Ramisha

Exactly. I know the person who invented the gif format says that's how it's pronounced, but it's not a jraphic. It's a graphic. The english language is so weird...
I don't really get angry when a foreigner can't spell a word. But it really annoys me when a native English speaker spells a word wrong! And not by accident like wreid, intentionally (because they don't know the right spelling) like wierd!  >:O

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Aug 18, 20:01:38
Quote from: cloudwilk on 2014 Aug 18, 16:47:30

Jraphic interchange format

I pronounce it like gift because it's graphic, not jraphic. The only reason he wanted it to be pronounced jif was because of the peanut butter brand.

MrEmu

What annoys me??? >:/
When people say "I'm so jelly -.- " because they can't spell 'Jealous'!
There it is, get it memorized just like Axel does. lol

Ramisha

Quote from: MrEmu on 2014 Aug 19, 07:13:00

U jelly? No I'm pudding.
Some guy in a game had the silliest misspellings of jealous. He said "gealous" and "jelaouse".
Nope, I'm not gelaous of your awesome spelling skills.

MrEmu

Quote from: Ramisha on 2014 Aug 19, 07:35:23U jelly? No I'm pudding.

OhMiGosh! lol
I laughed so hard at that! =P

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: MrEmu on 2014 Aug 19, 07:13:00

I say jelly because it's fun. :3

So, RWBY is a series that has some fantasy elements in it, like monsters, and the characters have aura, which is energy from within that they can use to protect themselves, and special powers called semblances, and there's a kind of mineral called dust that can be mined from the ground and contains elemental energies...
Buuuuuuut
at the same time, it has sci-fi elements to it, like holograms and airships and expandable hologram tablets, and the characters' weapons transform mechanically, rather than being magical fantasy weapons that transform with pretty glows and sparkles.

I just saw someone get incredibly angry that there are cars seen in RWBY volume 2.
Yeah.
He's furious... because there are cars... in a world where there are airships. And hologram TVs. And hologram tablets. And the highway bridges are lined with solidified holograms.

But wait, there's more!!
Not only that, but in the Yellow Trailer and the volume 1 opening sequence, Yang is seen driving a motorcycle! How can he not have realized that cars would be a thing?!

But no, he's angry because there are "cars in a FANTASY SHOW!!!" as he puts it. RWBY is not 100% a fantasy show. If it was, it would look like Lord of the Rings. Good grief.

Go Up