Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

The Wandering Magus

when things go badly after a lot of effort expended.
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Zygrograxgra on 2012 Aug 04, 12:18:59
The fact that lotsa people don't think Featherless chickens are cute.
...what? I think they're kinda cute.

You can put sweaters on them. :3 And they're good for the environment. People don't realize how much pollution comes from taking the feathers off of chickens.
Quote from: Zygrograxgra on 2012 Aug 04, 21:09:27
Spoiler: show
Quote from: AAA13 on 2012 Aug 04, 21:07:30
Quote from: Zygrograxgra on 2012 Aug 04, 21:00:20
Not when my game freezes, but when it lags in the slightest.
I'd rather something not work at all than work poorly.
I think you need to re-evaluate your prioritys.
No offense.

The reason why I hate the lag more than the crash is because it stresses me out more. I tend to take crashes with a "Okay, what just happened?" and lagging with a "GET ON WITH IT."
Also, lagging happens until its over, while crashes just happen and are done. Can't stop the lagging, the crash is just over.

^This. Especially when I'm in the middle of watching a video. I cannot stand to try to get through the rest of the video unless I'm right at the end, if it's lagging.

People think breeds like Doberman and Pit Bull are sooo scary and soooo vicious, and yet there's actually a household here in America where a Doberman and a Pit Bull are afraid of a little tiny Chihuahua.
As long as you keep those breeds as pets like a normal, responsible family and not some tool for dangerous and/or illegal practices, they're sweethearts.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Book Smarts

When you accidentally walk into a high level area in a game and get annihilated 

Chishio Kunrin

2012 Aug 05, 00:29:38 #1623 Last Edit: 2012 Aug 05, 00:31:11 by Chishio Kunrin
Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 Aug 05, 00:08:58
When you accidentally walk into a high level area in a game and get annihilated

I had that problem a lot in PW, except I was lucky enough to get annihilated only once. Before I got a flying mount, I wanted to explore so badly that I took a lot of risks running around the map, managing to slip past high level mobs without aggroing them.

But when I did get annihilated... In PW, if you die, you end up teleported back to the nearest town. So the time I did get annihilated by.. a flower and a rabbit... I got stuck in a town surrounded by those things. Took me a while to escape.

The Wandering Magus

when somepony thinks their method is the best the world's ever seen and will always be.
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636

AAA13

Quote from: Zygrograxgra on 2012 Aug 04, 21:09:27
Quote from: AAA13 on 2012 Aug 04, 21:07:30
Quote from: Zygrograxgra on 2012 Aug 04, 21:00:20
Not when my game freezes, but when it lags in the slightest.
I'd rather something not work at all than work poorly.
I think you need to re-evaluate your prioritys.
No offense.

The reason why I hate the lag more than the crash is because it stresses me out more. I tend to take crashes with a "Okay, what just happened?" and lagging with a "GET ON WITH IT."
Also, lagging happens until its over, while crashes just happen and are done. Can't stop the lagging, the crash is just over.
I prefure lagging to not working at all.
Coz when stuff doesn't work at my house, its pretty close to 'BEYOND ALL REPAIR.' Which sucks.
[move][/move]
forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=5700.0
Thanks to Bravo539 for the avatar!

Chishio Kunrin

I don't care how little money you have. If you're looking for mint chocolate chip ice cream, pay the extra $2 for Blue Bell. Why? Because Blue Bunny mint choco chip ice cream tastes like you're eating frozen toothpaste with pieces of chocolate in it. >:( I'm a spearmint person, Bunny! I oughta spear you in the mint!

Anyway, moral of the angry rant is that I have to eat 1.65 Liters of toothpaste-and-chocolate flavor ice cream so as not to waste $3.55.

Book Smarts

Spawning right on top of a huge jungle tree in a new Minecraft world  :l

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 Aug 05, 16:45:06
Spawning right on top of a huge jungle tree in a new Minecraft world  :l

What if you spawned in lava? ovO

Oh man. I used to end up with surface lava ponds/lakes all the time when I'd make a new world. One time, I started building near one. I suddenly heard crackling, and I realized the stupid game had spawned a tree right next to the lava pond, and the tree caught fire. :l I went into a panic trying to contain the fire, then built a little stone wall around the lava.

Book Smarts

My friend made a server and while we were exploring, the world spawned surface lava smacked dab in the middle of a forest biome. This was before fire spread was nerfed; so we watched as acres of tree was engulfed in flames  >:/

Chishio Kunrin

I once tried to build in Survival mode, and I was building an awesome treehouse. But then I got lost in a huge forest. My friend was like "Burn the forest down, then." *Facehoof* My house was in one of those trees! There was no way I was gonna take a dumb suggestion like that.

Rissian

I was building a huge wooden house in MC once and looked up how to make fireplaces granted putting a fire place in a wooden house is pretty stupid but surrounding it in stone should have kept the house safe but knowing MC physics the fire went through solid stone and burned my large 2 story house down despite no wood being in contact with the flame, this was also before fire strength was nerfed and I was still new to MC at the time so I didn't know the odds of fire going through solid stone were so high in the game. It kind of killed my morale to make any large structures after that, at least out of wood anyways.

(This was also when wood stumps had infinite fire when lit, now you have to use nether blocks to make fire places.)

Book Smarts

2012 Aug 05, 18:28:24 #1632 Last Edit: 2012 Aug 05, 18:30:56 by Book Smarts
Quote from: Trege on 2012 Aug 05, 18:05:27
I was building a huge wooden house in MC once and looked up how to make fireplaces granted putting a fire place in a wooden house is pretty stupid but surrounding it in stone should have kept the house safe but knowing MC physics the fire went through solid stone and burned my large 2 story house down despite no wood being in contact with the flame, this was also before fire strength was nerfed and I was still new to MC at the time so I didn't know the odds of fire going through solid stone were so high in the game. It kind of killed my morale to make any large structures after that, at least out of wood anyways.

(This was also when wood stumps had infinite fire when lit, now you have to use nether blocks to make fire places.)

Same thing happened to me, I also screamed fire in real life and caused my family to panic a little  lol

It's annoying trying to play Single Player, I just can't bring myself to build my best work

Chishio Kunrin

I was taunted with the sight of a banana nut muffin that I don't get to eat. >:/ I want it so badly. Muffins are awesome.

Stitchin Time

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Aug 05, 18:31:02
I was taunted with the sight of a banana nut muffin that I don't get to eat. >:/ I want it so badly. Muffins are awesome.

This. I'm on a diet so none of those yummies :c

Lord of Madness

when my laptop is struck my lightning and bursts into flames...  >A<

The Wandering Magus

when somepony is "online" and doesn't reply to any messages

LaptopCommandStation

Failing a song on guitar hero because tilting the guitar doesn't deploy star power(best of all-I was at 97%...)
My little brother
Nosebleeds(got one now)
creating a new account on my computer so people guests using my internet/printer can't log on as 1)my SuperAdmin account or 2)My  main account which has all my pony stuff and all my webadmin accounts/PWs/VB programs and realizing you lost all your settings, including teamspeak admin for YOUR OWN SERVER!

The Wandering Magus

ponies who take up 99% of conversations

Tiger

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

Go Up