Ships and Spice: Adventure on a Cruise! (Jump-in)

Started by Lusterless Nova, 2012 Sep 19, 17:22:57

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Lusterless Nova

About this books Origin: I don't know who made it. I only know that i summoned it one day. I'd like to keep secret though how i did it.
You can copy the page if you want but be aware that this book will only let you read it when it thinks you need the informations.
It has an own will.

rhyme writer

Rhyme opened his own book to w blank page and a stream of ink flowed out of his bag. It splashed onto the page in a copy of the odd drawings and writings. "I may have seen some of these among the arcane spell books. Some evenvtold of a book of knowledge, but to see it myself is astounding."

Lusterless Nova

I am glad you like it. It's rare to see ponies who appreciate knowledge.
Mind if i ask what you know about... you called it "Book of Knowledge" right?

Rad Thunder

Quote from: Teal Turken on 2012 Sep 25, 14:59:42
Okay okay, come on. :)
Teal swims Sleepless over to the steps and helps her out.

...Thanks Teal...sorry I'm so bad at swimming... :s

Teal Turken

It's okay, you have lots of time to practice. ^-^

Rad Thunder

Teal Turken

Theirs some towels right there if you wanna dry off, unless you like to use the sun like I do. ^-^

rhyme writer

"It was a book written long ago by an alicorn with an incredible power of clairvoyance. He wrote the book using a pheonix feather so that the words would have life. He wrote down runes and calendars as well as ancient spells that allowed the book to change its contents based on the turns of events. He saw every possible outcome of every event and put it in the book. It was one of the many books that ancient scholars and alchemists sought after. Many died trying to find it. But the fact that you may have summoned such a powerful book means you would be one of the few ponies that could be trusted with it. Its powers could be easily abused should somepony unlock its secrets." Rhyme thought for a moment. "There are stories of some who found it and managed to unlock its secret, but they abused it and disappeared and the book would vanish for centuries to turn up somewhere else later. The latest legend was of a unicorn who wanted to use it to live forever. He failed and the book was lost for nearly a millennium. If this is that book, you hold both a great blessing and dangerouse power."

Lusterless Nova

If this is the book you are talking about then i know what happened to it's previous owner.
He tried to create the Philosophers stone. I doubt that i have to explain to you what it is. He may have unlocked the secret how to make it but he failed to notice that his own soul and many others would be used for it's creation.
It's a shame that such wise minds turn corrupt and get wasted isn't it?

He took a break and took a deep breath before speaking again.
I am well aware of the responsibility i have. That is why i never let it out of my sight. I even found a spell to connect it with me. If the book shall ever be out of my reach i will summon it back, so it's powers won't be abused for evil.
This spell has a catch of course. Should i die so will the book. It's presence will be erased from this world until it choses it's next master.

rhyme writer

"Absolute power corrupts absolutely." He thought for a moment. "If you happen to be the one who the book can trust, you could do a lot of good for Equestria. Cure illness, mend wounds, plan crops, even protect towns from catastrophe.....Thing is, you still need to unlock it. Apparently there was either a spell they used or some other intervention to get the book to reveal its contents. Many found it so it shouldn't be a spell localized to a specific time period."

Lusterless Nova

Nova chuckled as he heard "what he could do with it"
My apologies.
It's just that i am already on it. I don't like to brag so let's just say that i am not under the direct order for Princess Celestia and Princess Luna without a reason.

rhyme writer

"Ah, one of Their Majesties' chosen. I've always wanted to see the Royal Library. So many rare and one-of-a-kind books. So much to learn.....Ahem sorry, I love reading and learning all their is to know,"he said wth a laugh.

Lusterless Nova

There is no need for shame. You just love to read probably as much as i do.
Nova looks in the sky and then back to Rhyme
I think i could arrange something to let you into the Royal Library. Of course it would have to wait for now.

rhyme writer

"That would be great! But yes, first we can relax and learn what we can from our destinations. There is only so much a book can teach you after all."

Lusterless Nova

A wise choice of words my friend.
For now let's relax. If my calculations are correct we will arrive soon.

A voice came out of Teal's communicator.
Captain teal. Please come to the bridge.

Giggle Tail

Giggle takes a seat by the pool and starts reading his comic book again.
Will write lighthearted, random comedy stories for fun.

Giggle's OCs

FlameandIce

Margeret sees Giggle and walks over to him Hello
now let's all agree to never be creative again thank you Sugercup
http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=8674.msg666435#new
RP idea give me feedback

Giggle Tail

Giggle is so engrossed in his comic book that he's startled.

"GAH!"

He once again hides his comic book out of embarrassment over the fact that it's technically a children's comic.

"Uhh...hi."

Giggle's OCs

FlameandIce

What are you reading a manga or is it a comic
now let's all agree to never be creative again thank you Sugercup
http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=8674.msg666435#new
RP idea give me feedback

Giggle Tail

Giggle's OCs

Go Up