World of Discord (sign-up)

Started by The Wandering Magus, 2013 Sep 10, 12:26:54

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

The Wandering Magus

2013 Sep 10, 12:26:54 Last Edit: 2013 Oct 29, 18:52:49 by The Wandering Magus
RP: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=9037
OOC: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=8960

Discord won, Twilight failed to go upstairs, never read the letters, never cured herself.  A thousand years later, the world is, quite literally, Tartarus.  Clouds rain exploding chocolate milk, knives, acid, nitroglycerin, giant squids, anything besides water.  The ground has been checkered purple and blue since anypony could remember, aside from within Avalon.  What's grass?  The Six Minions, especially Lady Cruelty, Angry Pie, Rarigreed and Twilight Tragedy, do Big Banana Discord's will, dealing with any magic users still alive and spreading the eternal chaos.  A grey pegasus with a blonde mane limps around the Castle of Chaos on broken legs, with a filly-shaped muffin on her back.  Crows claw at it.  She defends it.  The deal was seven quadrillion laps.  She's made one-point-three quadrillion.

Yet hope endures.  Unicorns that fled south to Zebraci mixed over the years, both species vanishing and melding into modern-day Virgacorns that do their best to survive in this world in secret.  Pegasi and Griffons no longer exist, having melded into hippogriffs, isolating themselves as best as they can in the cotton-candy clouds of ancient Cloudsdale.  Earth ponies and Donkeys long ago melded, but their strength and determination allows them to farm their stone bread and rock pies and survive in this world.

Saint Liarjack does her best, despite the Element of Deceit pulsating where her heart should have been, to be kind and help the suffering citizens of the Capitol of Chaos.  Traitor Dash is an enigma, but at the very least she helps about as often as she betrays.  The impossible choices thrown at her broke her will long ago, but perhaps there is hope left.

Queen Tiamat watches over Her brood, having gathered all dragons and ponies-turned-dragons to Her domain.  Changeling Queen Cadance, with her angelic feather-winged Changeling swarm, holds out in the hidden land of Avalon in the midst of the Everfree Forest, somehow using her harmony magic to prevent Chaos from spreading there.  The dragon-goddess and the Changeling Queen are the closest thing this world has to benevolent rulers, and many refugees have already fled to their respective lands.

Some time ago, the Valeyard personality was forcibly regenerated onto the Doctor, but surprisingly there has been little noticeable change.  Perhaps that is because the Time Lord already rewrote history so many times that there is no more change or contradiction.  Or the ponies have simply stopped trying to make sense of things, because... what fun is there in making sense?

There is another beacon of hope in the Capitol of Chaos itself: the Apple Pie farm.  Saint Applebloom the Heart-healer made it as much of a refuge as was possible in the first decades after having the Blank Curse forced upon her, and after three hundred years managed to bring peace to the denizens of Sunnytown.  Her descendants, and that of Octavia Pie, now farm the rock apples on Sweet Rock Acres in relative peace, mourning the relatives that pass when they can, stoically carrying on when they cannot, and leaving an empty space at the table for those they know have been taken despite not even remembering they ever existed.  There are many, many graves in the fields now.  After Liarjack gave her sister the kindest of lies to allow her to find her eternal rest, the family kept her ashes in a small urn buried somewhere on the farm.

Diamond King Barkintosh and his wife Winona continue to rule the now-crystalline and much, MUCH wiser Diamond Dogs in their underground kingdom, with Guru Fido trading with the Apple Pies now and then to exchange food for tools and necessary skills long-forgotten.

There is despair, but there is also hope.  It is not a world of perfection or harmony in any sense of the term, but perhaps, in time, a group of adventurers may show themselves worthy of the Elements of Harmony and convert the Elements of Chaos.

Inspired by Alexwarlorn's Dark World fanfic.  As a Shadow Who Watches, I now become a Shadow Who Writes, bending one branch of that Heartworld to observe.  Whether good can come of this, who save Fauna Luster, The Father of Alicorns, Entropy, and Havoc, can say?  How this world progresses now lies in the hooves of the Shadows Who Play...

original fanfic: http://alexwarlorn.deviantart.com

Rules:

Please post 10 or more sentences per post, with 10 or more words per sentence, and try to use proper grammar and spelling.
No graphically detailed violence.
No "inappropriate" or suggestive scenes.  Romance is all right, in moderation.
WAIT for others to post, and do NOT spam post.  If you are in a group with others, wait for them to have a turn.  This may take more than a full minute, for those of you who are accustomed to lightning RPs.  Yes, it is normal in MY RPs for posts to take almost an hour to respond to each other.  Apologies to those of you with short attention spans.
Please do not describe the environment beyond decorative embellishment of what I have already given you.  If you desire a particular type of building or object, simply have your character "look" for it, and if it is reasonable I will provide what you need.
All injuries stay with you, unless you have healing powers or healing tools.  The time it takes for injuries to heal, and how much the injury affects you, should be realistic
If you are unfamiliar with another player's tools and techniques, do feel free to ask in OOC before posting your response.
No real-world swearing.  Ponified swears are acceptable (buck, horseapples, feather, banish, Tartarus, gelding, etc)
No real-world politics/religion.
No powergaming.  This means no controlling another player's actions, consequences or character.  If you do something that would presumably affect another character (such as throwing a pie in their face), let THEM decide how it affects them (whether they dodge the pie, for instance).  If you choose NOT to be affected in an averse way, please keep the consequence realistic.  One does NOT dodge a laser beam if one is an "ordinary schoolfilly" (note the word "ordinary").

Current adventurers:
Chrysteel Chrysalis (Omega_Khaos) - Angel-winged Changeling, Avalon
Bleyd (bleyd) - Pegasus, Everfree Forest
Shadechaser (Shadechaser) - Unicorn, unknown
Asterian Starfall (Asterian) - Unicorn, Everfree
Super Nova (SuperNovaNightmare) - Nightmare Unicorn, nowhere/unknown
Ilias Ligntbringer (ArtVeigar) - Hippogriff, Avalon
Bane Emural (Bane Emural) - Earth Pony, Everfree
Koalemos (Chirp) - Earth Pony, Sweet Rock Acres/nowhere

Sign-up form:
Name:
Race (current):
Place of origin:
Current home:
Personality:
Special powers:
Alignment (pacifist, chaotic, lawful, good, neutral, etc):
Brief bio:
Purpose/Mission:

Note to all players:

You do NOT GM this game.  You do NOT get to decide what IS or is NOT in this world.

I will post a GM post when I am able to.  Let me be VERY CLEAR about this: you may NOT describe the scenery and location.  ONLY I CAN DO THAT.  Thank you for your cooperation.

If you cannot have the patience to wait for a GM post, please notify me by PM or in OOC and I will either assign a temporary GM during my multiple-hours-long absences OR tell you to wait.

I apologize if this RP seems slow to you.  My RPs are generally slow.  My RPs generally take about a day to cycle through responses.  This is normal with my games.  Please PM me if you have any issues with this.
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

narwhaliagames

2013 Sep 10, 12:43:08 #1 Last Edit: 2013 Sep 10, 18:36:00 by narwhaliagames
Name: miku/dark miku/holy miku
Race (original): unicorn
Race (current): unicorn
Place of origin: nippony
Current home: ponyville/discorded ponyville
Personality: miku: a fun loving girl who loves to sing and a middle ground between the two forms
dark miku: doesn't really smile as much as her non-discorded side but occasionally will
holy miku: wants to spread the greater good
Special powers: can switch between holy form (holy miku), neutral form (normal miku) and discorded form (dark miku)
Alignment (pacifist, chaotic, lawful, good, neutral, etc): depends on the form holy form is lawful neutral form is neutral and dark form is chaotic
Brief bio: a young singer originally an orphan born with three different form's nothing like each other yet all form's find happiness in singing
Purpose/Mission: she wants to spread the music
ay i'm no longer using this site

Omega_Khaos

2013 Sep 10, 13:20:03 #2 Last Edit: 2013 Sep 10, 13:21:53 by Omega_Khaos
Ok hopefully this might work
Spoiler: show

Name: Chrysteel Chrysalis
Race (original): Half-Changeling
Race (current): Angel-winged Changeling
Place of origin: Ancient Changeling Hive (Chrysalis' Main Hive)
Current home: Avalon
Personality: positive, outgoing, helpful and will always try to protect her friends
Special powers: Shape-shifting, emotions for food, Valor's light, Mother's love, Changeling Queen Chrysteel (Chrysalis evolution [@ game masters discretion can be made permanent for remainder of game]), and abilities later to be unlocked at Game Master's discretion.
Alignment (pacifist, chaotic, lawful, good, neutral, etc): Chaotic Good
Brief bio: The daughter of one of the noble changelings. she spends her time preparing for what must come. she has seen the chaos brought about by discord and cannot let her mother and the others fall to this. On her mother's (The Queen's) request she has been acting as ambassador for the allies of the hive. On the side, she acts as part of a rebellion that helps those trying to escape discord get to places that best help with doing just that.
Purpose/Mission: to help bring happiness back to the world and end the dark rule of discord.

bleyd

2013 Sep 10, 18:34:52 #3 Last Edit: 2013 Sep 10, 18:46:21 by bleyd
oh in this i think that my old one eye monster is in his house but, no i think that is better  do not press the fate I don't want trouble with the forum rules.

Name: bleyd
Race (original): pegasus
Race (current): pegasus
Place of origin: In the glacial at the snow covered mountain  in the frozen nurth
current home: everfree forest
Aligment: pacifist. neutral good
cutie mark: dont have he lost in a big explosion when try hunt a very danguerous creature

Personality: Quiet and cold, analyzes the situations with calm, always tries to be kept under control and not to show her feelings, help you always to all, but preserved mother nature whenever I can, (what little is left without corrupting)

Special powers: he can call mother nature through his enchanted staff, containing the essence of pure nature, thanks to the can alter the lines of magic and generate effects in his body and in his allies, to improve their skills or strengthening your body, as well as get help from nature

Brief bio: being an ex-hunter transformed into Druid, saw the situation completely lost when discord win power knowing this he decided to flee, hide in the param more unusual than they knew, climb the mountain more high and road between the IceMaker to the heart of the glacier of the mountain summon on he a withstand the elements entered on the ice each time deeper, and enter in a State of meditation, waiting for a signal from mother earth, to know when it would be time to reclaim what was lost

Purpose/Mission: Finally the mother earth gives you the control signal his cane enchanted was transformed into an avatar of the forest a ent giant that cracked the ice releasing it from the prison, now his mission is return everything to its previous state the mother earth is wound and requires that the saved, and shall ensure to do this or it will disappear in the attempt

blobking156

Name: Blobking
Race (original):Unicorn
Race (current):Unicorn (time traveling)
Place of origin: ponyville (original timeline)
Current home: nowhere, really.
Personality: Joking, random, but can be serious.
Special powers: Hammerspace: summoning things from another plane of reality
Alignment (pacifist, chaotic, lawful, good, neutral, etc):neutral.
Brief bio:After messing things up by having too much fun with chaos while screwing around in alternate universes, he was one of the contributing factors to the creation of this. even if the timeline you go to isn't yours, you can still ruin millions of lives.
Purpose/Mission: to fix what he helped to create. his mess, he fixes it. or helps fix it.

The Wandering Magus

all accepted.  I shall begin the RP when one more player has signed up.
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636

Shadechaser

2013 Sep 12, 05:04:19 #6 Last Edit: 2013 Sep 12, 05:07:38 by Shadechaser
Name: Shadechaser
Race (original): Unicorn
Race (current): (unchanged)
Place of origin: The [glow=black,2,300]Oblivion[/glow]
Current home: [shadow=black,left]Unknown[/shadow]
Personality: Indifferent
Special powers: Master of the shadows...
Alignment (pacifist, chaotic, lawful, good, neutral, etc): good pacifist
Brief bio: Lost from the start Shade finds her way to Equestria with great power and challenges Celestia long ago to claim the land for the [glow=maroon,2,300]Dark Lord[/glow], then failing and returning to her innocence, now wanders the land and has yet to made any friends...
Purpose/Mission: To find the true meaning of friends...
Your Brony Personality Test reveals...
Twilight Sparkle?!
Judge not, unless thee be judged first in the kingdom of God.
Mathew 7 1:3

The Wandering Magus

Shadechaser is accepted.  RP has been created!

Asterian Starfall

2013 Sep 12, 14:38:07 #8 Last Edit: 2013 Sep 12, 14:48:29 by Asterian
Name: Asterian Starfall
Race (original): Unicorn
Race (current): Unicorn
Place of origin: Ponyville
Current home: Hidden cavern in Everfree
Personality: Generous, compassionate, charming
Special powers: Thermal Control and Teleportation by magical prowess. Persuasion and Corruption Resistance by skill.
Alignment (pacifist, chaotic, lawful, good, neutral, etc): Lawfully good.
Brief bio: Asterian had lived his entire life in a world of theives, liars, and traitors. Everything is a saddening experience for him,; even on his best day he still longs for something as sweet as pain to appear in the world. Today he lives in the Everfree Forest in a cavern he carved out with his own hooves. He is scarred, both mentally and physically, but never broken. His magic is inhibited by the psychological trauma he has dealt with day after day... if there even is such a thing as a day anymore. He knows that this was not the way the world was meant to be... He will change it back no matter the cost.
Purpose/Mission: To wait out the storm of chaos, but ultimately to restore peace to Equestria, even if it means his life.
"Luck is how you explain an overly-variabled scenario that went in your favor." - Asterian Élire Starfall

The Wandering Magus

Asterian is accepted into the World of Discord.

SuperNovaNightmare

Name: Super Nova
Race (original): Nightmare Alicorn
Race (current): Nightmare Unicorn
Place of origin: Dream Realm
Current home: None, wanders the land, in secrecy
Personality: After his attempt to save his pet, El Chupa, and losing his wings, he became more wrathful as his mind was damaged, allowing his Evil Spirit to roam free in his mind, endlessly tormenting him, though he still tries hard to stay calm.
Special powers: Solar Explosions and Adaptation, but due to his damage mind, his Supernovas are hardly explosive.
Alignment (pacifist, chaotic, lawful, good, neutral, etc): Good
Brief bio: (Some info above and below is altered to fit the RP a little bit more) After his second quarrel with his Evil Spirit, trying to regain control and prevent the loss of his Alpha Were-ling, he had to sacrifice his wings to stop his wrathful Spirit. By destroying his wings and sending a tidal wave of pain among both of them, he forced his Spirit back to the depths of his mind, but as his Spirit was falling into the darkness, he raked his mind, causing serious damage, and effected many of his abilities. To spare his pet from this terrible world, he turned him into a orb that resembled his pet in color, and made a necklace with it, keeping him close to his heart.
Purpose/Mission: He travels around in secrecy, rekindling anypony he encounters fighting spirit, and hopes to return this land to normal, no mater the cost.

A link to my OC: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=9022.0

The Wandering Magus

Super Nova is accepted to the World of Discord.

ArtVeigar

Name: Ilias Lightbringer
Race (original): Hippogriff
Race (current): Hippogriff
Place of origin: Cloudsdale
Current home: Avalon
Personality: Cheerful and kind, always tries to make the best of everything. Is always trying to bring hope and smiles. Turns into a beast agains anything that makes other ponies suffer.
Special powers: High agility, speed and mobility, has a natural ability of a warrior. High resistance against psychological damage.
Alignment (pacifist, chaotic, lawful, good, neutral, etc): lawful good
Brief bio: Was born after the world has been turned chaotic, in Cloudsdale. One day, her parents disappeared. After waiting for one week, she decided to go after them. Not finding them anywhere in Cloudsdale, she flew down, just to be unlucky enough to be cought in a rain of knives. She could make it alive, but too wounded. But before the worst came to be, she was found and treated by a changeling scout from Avalon. She was taken there, where the changeling and his mate took care of her like she was their own child. She followed her adoptive father's steps to become a guard at the hive, what she became after growing up.
Purpose/Mission: Protect and save other like she was saved, and to be strong enough to go outside to know what happened to her parents.

The Wandering Magus

Ilias Lightbringer is accepted ^-^

The Clockwork King

2013 Sep 18, 20:49:43 #14 Last Edit: 2013 Sep 20, 09:36:54 by The Clockwork King
Name: Clockwork
Species: Mechanoid
Affiliation: Clockwise Industries (CEO), Empire of Gears (Ruler)
Orientation: Lawful-Evil, Lawful-Neutral

Abilities:
Time Manipulation: Note that this was nullified through a personal contract with the Valeyard, alongside Discord's chaotic influence.
Smithing Skills: Clockwork is a master of the forge, and his talent with ore-born metals is near second to none. Though he requires actual materials to build such devices, alongside the time and adequate tools needed in proportion to the build, the quality of his products never cease to be anything but masterful. (Note: At the beginning of his introduction, Clockwork would have relied on his factories to mass produce products, meaning that he would need to practice before making items of quality. Couple this with his attitude problems, Clockwork may be unwilling at times to create items based on request.)
Task Force: Accompanying him in his foray into discordant lands is a group of 6 Mechaponies which, due to the weakening of Clockwork's magical field, have lost their usual ability to reassemble themselves, can only use a low damage electrical attack to deter attackers and can only form a wall of bodies in defence of a target designated by Clockwork. The Mechaponies are not susceptible to forms of mind control, as they have no mind, but are otherwise vulnerable to spells of physical nature and can be tricked if a decoy Clockwork is used.

Appearance: Tall, lithe figure that shares no resemblance to pony anatomy. Entire body seems to be made of copper with hints of gold. Head akin to an owl; with large goggle-like eyes that faintly glow with a crystal blue light, short beaked nose, no discernible mouth and a metallic-black goatee. Arms end with blunt-clawed hands, within one a cane is usually carried. Mobility is provided via a device within the reaches of his trench-coat, hidden from view and can be adjusted for ducking and dodging, but does not possess flight capabilities. Lower torso holds a shape akin to an hourglass, possibly serving as the housing for floatation device. Apparel includes a black, jewelled cane tipped with a hoof-sized cut diamond, a long, dark red trench-coat that obscures said floatation device and a black stovepipe hat that seems attached to his head unless tilted by Clockwork.

Personality:
Businesslike: A being of authority and influence first before a creature of evil intentions, Clockwork prefers to not have to waste precious time and resources on easily stalemated fights, instead looking to barter himself into a better position. However, his tactical approach to business opportunities are often accompanied by his impatient nature, and if the deal begins to milk his own resources more than his target's Clockwork will not think twice about threatening the offender. Granted, most of these threats are conjured to scare the deal into his favour and rarely take form, but if one were to push the Clockwork King too far he may just bring about his threat in a manner most unwelcome.
Arrogant: The ruler of his own empire, both business and militant, before jumping to this Equestria has left Clockwork a rotten being. The King is all too ready to prune back compliments to others whilst glorifying those in his direction. Highly unwilling to dirty his own hands, the Mechaponies under his command unarguably make up for most of the manual labour he is assigned. The only time that he will not use his personal force is in the crafting of items, as he considers himself the most professional that area.
Suspicious: Clockwork is highly distrustful of anyone he meets, a lifetime of solitude before the accidental hop into this universe has allowed the Clockwork King to build his personal defences high, convincing himself that anything lacking mechanical or mineral qualities is not to be trusted. Alternatively to others he is psychologically repulsive, his unwillingness to degrade himself to the levels of others and his spiteful nature puts friend and foe alike at considerable distance.

Strengths:
Quick Thinking: Many lifetimes of running a near global business in his home dimension has taught Clockwork to think on his feet at blurring speeds, allowing logic and plans within plans to dictate his next form of action, before carrying out that action with utmost efficiency.
Smithing Skills: With practice, Clockwork can create/recreate even the most bizarre contraptions if given enough time, materials and viable plans or references to work from. The overall quality of the product will grow better the more times he uses his skill.
Knowledgeable: Though adamant to share information regarding himself, Clockwork possesses profound knowledge of mechanical devices, their key points and weaknesses. This can also be somewhat transferrable to other operations, such as locating secret entrances and identifying more covert routes through hostile territory, providing he is allowed to take time to study the landscape.

Brief Bio: Back in his home dimension Clockwork was entangled within a bitter struggle for power on both an economical and militant level, from his stronghold on the Island of Fire and Copper he conducted many thousands of operations to ensure that the war between he and the Guardian of Nature, Queb, end in his favour, alongside industrialising Equestria into a new age of progress. With Sombra's kingdom taken, Chrysalis and her hive occupied with civil war and the Celestial Sisters busy hunting down a rampant God of Chaos, Clockwork's army was moving at a worrying speed thanks to the exploitation of his own brand of time magic, to which the Laws of Time were his to reshape. It was during the battle of Diamond Pass that Clockwork ended up in this current dimension, an accidental discharge of his time powers considerably altered the timeline to the one he currently resides in. With the almighty Valeyard angered that such a being dared flaunt such power without question, Clockwork was to be returned to the dust he came from. It was a last second proposition that saved the Copper King, that the Time God instead strip him of his powers and force him to build his empire from scratch, whilst in return be able to utilise a fraction of his army and to keep his body and mind without hindrance. After examining all timelines for any hint of hidden agendas, the Valeyard reluctantly agreed, placing Clockwork upon a decaying shadow of his home alongside one hundred soldiers. Through process of elimination, Clockwork guessed that Discord ran this current world and to a being of law and order, that was wholly unacceptable. Raising the ancient bridge between his home and the mainland, Clockwork led his soldiers into the new chaotic world. Now he searches for any way to return to his own dimension, or any means to make this world succumb to the New Empire of Gears.

Purpose/Mission: To return to his own dimension with bolstered forces and win the Equestrian War, before somehow returning to dominate this crippled world as well.

I trust this is to everyone's taste. I also apologise for the multitude of modified posting, my phone is not the nicest thing at times  >:O
CEO of Clockwise Industries, Master of the Empire of Gears, Ave Dominus ex Tempore!

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: The Clockwork King on 2013 Sep 18, 20:49:43
Race (original): Mechanoid
Race (current): -
Place of origin: Island of Fire and Copper
Current home: -
Personality: Businesslike, spiteful and untrustworthy of others, vengeful to those who cross him, prideful and arrogant of his accomplishments and superiority. Be prepared to be used as a means to an end.
Special powers: Time Manipulation, though the constant defense of his homeland means he is weaker than what he once was. Powers he can afford to use include briefly slowing, speeding and stopping the passage of time. He is often accompanied by a retinue of Mechaponies, each with basic magic and flight capabilities, as well as being impervious to low level magic and firearms.
Alignment (pacifist, chaotic, lawful, good, neutral, etc): Lawful Evil, but may swing towards Lawful Neutral.
Brief bio: For too long the Clockwork King has watched as the world crumbles to chaos, watching with spite and loathing at not just the draconequus himself, but also those who had even the briefest inclusion in the ruination of his plans. Plans to finally return to a simpler time, a time where Equestria was a lifeless rock. For too long he and his Mechaponies, nigh-indestructible automatons devoted wholly to his cause have defended his stronghold, the Island of Fire and Copper, from the incursions of chaos. To those on the shoreline, the sudden activation of the smoke belching forges, the rhythmic hammering of pistons and the unearthly glow of the volcanic isle's copper structures mean but one thing. Clockwork is preparing for war.
Purpose/Mission: To eradicate Discord from his seat of power and return Equestria to the dust from whence the world came.
You'll have to deal with the Valeyard, who may or may not simply erase you from the timestream by destroying the speck of dust that would coalesce into the star that would attract a disk of dust which would form into the planets that would evolve the species that would shape the species that would evolve into you, thus making it such that the very concept that is "you" never existed.

Or, you know, Discordance Apophis Typon could just snap his fingers and cause you never to have existed.  That works too.

Clockwork, a thing you have to understand about my roleplaying games is this: in general, I DETEST "godmodding".  I DETEST "everything you can do I can do better" characters.  They have no depth, no purpose, no characterization, besides typical "I AM EVIL" statements.  When I create a game, I create it with the intent of having a world with consequence and impact, a world where even the youngest, most scared filly can find her courage and change the world through her actions, where wit and diplomacy, not battle or war, is the ultimate weapon.

If you want to join this game and go all out against the omnipotent God of Chaos Who plays with reality like putty, the Valeyard to whom Time itself is a plaything to be torn to shreds and remade in his image, Twilight Tragedy the most powerful being of magic ever to exist, and the Chaos Six whose Elements of Chaos can literally rewrite reality from its inception, be my guest.  Just know that in this game, "fighting fire with fire" just plain isn't going to work.  Players familiar with my methods of GMing, outside of Metagame and When Darkness Falls of course, will know that all my NPCs scale with the PCs in terms of competency.  When the scale can go no higher, I bring in the Wanderer, who is the end-all-be-all of God-Mode Mary Sues to crush all opposition and remake the world.

The Legends of Equestria Forums have the rule "no Godmodding" for a very good reason.  Some players forget this reason, but I want to remind everyone here.  The point of the game is not to "win in one round".  The point is to be on the level with your fellow players, working together as a team and using your brains to outsmart the GM and bring about a happy ending in a world where happy endings seem impossible.  Using an army of demon monkeys from Tartarus isn't conducive to anybody's idea of enjoyment besides your own.

Shadechaser

Your Brony Personality Test reveals...
Twilight Sparkle?!
Judge not, unless thee be judged first in the kingdom of God.
Mathew 7 1:3

Omega_Khaos

I agree Magus. You did a very good job explaining it. Also discord could just, because it is chaotic and fun, turn his army against him.

The Clockwork King

Yes Magus, a point well made. Thanks to that advice I shall begin with my changes to Clockwork, and many they shall be in this case.
But, in retort to the aspect of "god modding" I must clarify that it never was, or will be, my intention to outplay any of you. Lawful Evil may be strange to this group, but it is an alignment that best fits him, and if that means I shall make it more difficult for myself when it comes to playing, so be it. I welcome such a challenge. Also note that Time Control, as the Valeyard you own seems to have, is not in my mind the same as Manipulation. How you put it, the Valeyard is lord and master over all of time and its entropies, meanwhile Clockwork simply utilises select powers through his own arcane magic. He is limited to his planning, is unable to simply conjure materials from thin air and, if he were to be introduced now, would be both weak and barely protected by what remaining soldiers he has due to fighting his way inland. Long gone is the Equestria he once wanted to turn to dust, now he is knee deep in enemy territory, his abilities are failing constantly due to the warped time of Discord, thus nullifying his soldiers innate ability to reassemble themselves. A point I must make is that Clockwork's soldiers are automatons, and cannot be simply turned against him. Though on the opposing hand, it would be childs play for Discord to bypass Clockwork's weakened shielding and turn their gears into liquorice.
He is not there to replace your gods, Magus, he is there to see through a plan which he believes will make his life easier, and if he must degrade himself to near mortal in order to do it, who is he to argue with fate?
For your consideration.
CEO of Clockwise Industries, Master of the Empire of Gears, Ave Dominus ex Tempore!

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: The Clockwork King on 2013 Sep 18, 20:49:43
Species: Mechanoid
Affiliation: Clockwise Industries (CEO), Empire of Gears (Ruler)
Orientation: Lawful-Evil, Lawful-Neutral

Abilities:
Time Manipulation: Note that this was nullified through a personal contract with the Valeyard, alongside Discord's chaotic influence.
Smithing Skills: Clockwork is a master of the forge, and his talent with ore-born metals is near second to none. Though he requires actual materials to build such devices, alongside the time and adequate tools needed in proportion to the build, the quality of his products never cease to be anything but masterful. (Note: At the beginning of his introduction, Clockwork would have relied on his factories to mass produce products, meaning that he would need to practice before making items of quality. Couple this with his attitude problems, Clockwork may be unwilling at times to create items based on request.)
Task Force: Accompanying him in his foray into discordant lands is a group of 6 Mechaponies which, due to the weakening of Clockwork's magical field, have lost their usual ability to reassemble themselves, can only use a low damage electrical attack to deter attackers and can only form a wall of bodies in defence of a target designated by Clockwork. The Mechaponies are not susceptible to forms of mind control, as they have no mind, but are otherwise vulnerable to spells of physical nature and can be tricked if a decoy Clockwork is used.

Appearance:Tall, lithe figure that shares no resemblance to pony anatomy. Entire body seems to be made of copper with hints of gold.Head akin to an owl; with large goggle-like eyes that faintly glow with a crystal blue light, short beaked nose, no discernible mouth and a metallic-black goatee.Arms end with blunt-clawed hands, within one a cane is usually carried. Mobility is provided via a device within the reaches of his trench-coat, hidden from view and can be adjusted for ducking and dodging, but does not possess flight capabilities.Lower torso holds a shape akin to an hourglass, possibly serving as the housing for floatation device.Apparel includes a black, jewelled cane tipped with a hoof-sized cut diamond, a long, dark red trench-coat that obscures said floatation device and a black stovepipe hat that seems attached to his head unless tilted by Clockwork.

Personality:
Businesslike: A being of authority and influence first before a creature of evil intentions, Clockwork prefers to not have to waste precious time and resources on easily stalemated fights, instead looking to barter himself into a better position. However, his tactical approach to business opportunities are often accompanied by his impatient nature, and if the deal begins to milk his own resources more than his target's Clockwork will not think twice about threatening the offender. Granted, most of these threats are conjured to scare the deal into his favour and rarely take form, but if one were to push the Clockwork King too far he may just bring about his threat in a manner most unwelcome.
Arrogant: The ruler of his own empire, both business and militant, before jumping to this Equestria has left Clockwork a rotten being. The King is all too ready to prune back compliments to others whilst glorifying those in his direction. Highly unwilling to dirty his own hands, the Mechaponies under his command unarguably make up for most of the manual labour he is assigned. The only time that he will not use his personal force is in the crafting of items, as he considers himself the most professional that area.
Suspicious: Clockwork is highly distrustful of anyone he meets, a lifetime of solitude before the accidental hop into this universe has allowed the Clockwork King to build his personal defences high, convincing himself that anything lacking mechanical or mineral qualities is not to be trusted. Alternatively to others he is psychologically repulsive, his unwillingness to degrade himself to the levels of others and his spiteful nature puts friend and foe alike at considerable distance.

Strengths:
Quick Thinking: Many lifetimes of running a near global business in his home dimension has taught Clockwork to think on his feet at blurring speeds, allowing logic and plans within plans to dictate his next form of action, before carrying out that action with utmost efficiency.
Smithing Skills: With practice, Clockwork can create/recreate even the most bizarre contraptions if given enough time, materials and viable plans or references to work from. The overall quality of the product will grow better the more times he uses his skill.
Knowledgeable: Though adamant to share information regarding himself, Clockwork possesses profound knowledge of mechanical devices, their key points and weaknesses. This can also be somewhat transferrable to other operations, such as locating secret entrances and identifying more covert routes through hostile territory, providing he is allowed to take time to study the landscape.

Brief Bio:Back in his home dimension Clockwork was entangled within a bitter struggle for power on both an economical and militant level, from his stronghold on the Island of Fire and Copper he conducted many thousands of operations to ensure that the war between he and the Guardian of Nature, Queb, end in his favour, alongside industrialising Equestria into a new age of progress. With Sombra's kingdom taken, Chrysalis and her hive occupied with civil war and the Celestial Sisters busy hunting down a rampant God of Chaos, Clockwork's army was moving at a worrying speed thanks to the exploitation of his own brand of time magic, to which the Laws of Time were his to reshape. It was during the battle of Diamond Pass that Clockwork ended up in this current dimension, an accidental discharge of his time powers considerably altered the timeline to the one he currently resides in. With the almighty Valeyard angered that such a being dared flaunt such power without question, Clockwork was to be returned to the dust he came from. It was a last second proposition that saved the Copper King, that the Time God instead strip him of his powers and force him to build his empire from scratch, whilst in return be able to utilise a fraction of his army and to keep his body and mind without hindrance. After examining all timelines for any hint of hidden agendas, the Valeyard reluctantly agreed, placing Clockwork upon a decaying shadow of his home alongside one hundred soldiers. Through process of elimination, Clockwork guessed that Discord ran this current world and to a being of law and order, that was wholly unacceptable. Raising the ancient bridge between his home and the mainland, Clockwork led his soldiers into the new chaotic world. Now he searches for any way to return to his own dimension, or any means to make this world succumb to the New Empire of Gears.

Purpose/Mission:To return to his own dimension with bolstered forces and win the Equestrian War, before somehow returning to dominate this crippled world as well.

I trust this is to everyone's taste. I also apologise for the multitude of modified posting, my phone is not the nicest thing at times  >:O
Thank you for having edited your sign-up form and being willing to deal with my relatively stringent standards.  Accepted.  If you wish to discuss your introduction, please feel free to do so either in PM or in OOC.

Go Up