Post-Season 4 discussion

Started by Weatherboy1, 2013 Aug 20, 16:31:14

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Prismatic

Spoiler: show
From what I gathered on Twitter in regards to the show staff, Pinkie Pie was still in character.

Puynsi

Quote from: Prismatic on 2014 Feb 21, 18:08:48
From what I gathered on Twitter in regards to the show staff, Pinkie Pie was still in character.

Someone screwed up and dont want to take the blame, Pinkie is eccentric but this just... went over the line between funny and dunno... bad taste.

dynamite

2014 Feb 21, 20:25:28 #342 Last Edit: 2014 Feb 21, 20:28:23 by dynamite
I think it came to us as a shock because Pinkie is less likely to play with Fluttershy's emotions in the past.

Season 3 and 4 is definitely changing the game.

Book Smarts

I never want to hear Diamond Tiara or Silver Spoon for the rest of this season  :l . Overall character development was strong in this episode soooooooo...

Night Pony

Hey guys what if that magic that Sombra used was not dark but instead alicorn?  O:

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Howitzer

If they don't make a reference to this then they're making a big mistake.(It's an album)
LoE not working as it should? Submit bugs here: http://phabricator.legendsofequestria.com/maniphest/task/edit/form/1/
------->  Jurassic Systems <-----------

Chishio Kunrin

This episode was cute. I like that Sweetie Belle has been learning how to use and control her magic.
I also like that Twilight had a diagram of the locked box in the background.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

LostSanity

I liked this episode.

It was pretty funny and cute.

I really don't know what else to say other than that.

^-^
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Buddy Minute

A cute and funny episode with no real flaws to bring it down. A good episode.

I've actually always like Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon...for what they are. They're so good it's bad antagonists, mixed with parody of spoiled rich girls both in real life and fiction. I hope on not the only one that laughed when they used the word "entourage."

Howitzer

It was nice getting to see a LOT MORE development of DT and SS, and even getting to see them at the mercy of the CMC's, and showing that whoever rules the school can change with the wind.
LoE not working as it should? Submit bugs here: http://phabricator.legendsofequestria.com/maniphest/task/edit/form/1/
------->  Jurassic Systems <-----------

Dawnstar

Not really sure what to say about the last episode. Overall though I thought it was pretty solid, DT and SS acted exactly as I would expect them to, though the addition of the rest of the kids was a little jarring with how much they've brushed off Twilight's new position after the premiere (business as usual vibe from background characters around her). I did like seeing her in a teaching role though, certainly taking after her own teacher.

Chishio Kunrin

The Hub posted a little bit of a spoiler screenshot on Facebook.
Spoiler: Here • show
Spoiler: it • show
Spoiler: is. • show

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Feb 26, 21:26:46

And then the vikings attack!

lemongrass

...wat

Puynsi

No offense Hasbro, but... Im getting tired of your hay...

Night Pony

Brace yourselves. New OCs are coming.

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Night Pony on 2014 Mar 01, 11:03:19
Brace yourselves. New OCs are coming.

At first, there'll just be a few... but then they will spread... and then...

Anyway, this was a pretty good episode.
I figured it would be the episode Fluttershy gets her key because of the synopsis.
At first, I didn't like the design of the breezies, but once I actually saw them in action, they were kinda cute.

Dawnstar

[/quote]
Of course, though they should probably make ones that look more like they do in the episode because those are just creepy.[/spoiler]

I was pleasantly surprised that Pinkie didn't end up scaring the Breezies, in fact, she seemed a bit mellow compared to the rest of the season so far. Though it was too bad Spike had to fill that role instead.

Also, I realize obvious statement, but I think Rarity went a bit overboard on the outfits for once. Kind of hard to appreciate good fashion when you're too blinded to see it.  ;)

I do like that the writers are trying to push Fluttershy out of her comfort zone a little more this season. It allows for some character development in a good direction as long as they don't push too hard, and you could see how hard it was for her to realize that being kind doesn't always mean being nice.

Of course my first thought when they entered the Breezie's realm was based on my eyes going for the castle first and all I could think of after that was the Neighborhood of Make-Believe. Don't know if that was the intent or not of course, but that's what I thought of first.

The Breezies are lucky the ponies are nice enough to help them out though. In our world they sadly would never have made it past natural selection.

Overall though I enjoyed the episode, was wondering how they were going to do Fluttershy's key and the way they did it was acceptable I thought. I actually don't see all that many Breezie OCs popping up in the future though. Yes there will probably be a few for a short while now, but for some reason I don't really see them becoming all that common.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: dynamite on 2014 Mar 01, 22:15:05

Yes, but those are G3 toys.
Breezies were a thing in G3.

Spoiler: More about the episode • show
Forgot to mention, I like how they showed Dr. Whooves with Rose Luck again. ^-^
Also, hmm.. I forgot what else I was gonna say.

Go Up