Post-Season 4 discussion

Started by Weatherboy1, 2013 Aug 20, 16:31:14

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

blobking156

Quote from: Puynsi on 2014 Feb 07, 16:48:23
Maybe thats the end of FiM? Twillight finishes the diary and Rarity goes like "You and your books Twillight, you will never change..." or something like that?

BRAAAAAAIN FUGDEEEEE!

OOBJECTION! that specific picture has not got Rainbow Power, but the one above it has. unless RP is a temporary thing, it's not the end.  but if it is temporary, it creates a contradiction! RP would probably be at the end of S4, but that means there's a huge gap where S5 should be!

Buddy Minute

Sadly I didn't save the image that "proved" this, but I think that entertainment weekly photo is just Cadance photoshoped to look like Twilight.

Today's episode was great.

Spoiler: show
I braced myself for Rarity being a jerk, and after that this show was just full of laughs. The lovey dovey expressions and country Rarity were hilarious. Sure it's a low for her, but that's fun sometimes. Props to Applejack's solution to the problem, she's really gotten to shine this season. Josh Haber is two for two!

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Buddy Minute on 2014 Feb 08, 11:49:21
Sadly I didn't save the image that "proved" this, but I think that entertainment weekly photo is just Cadance photoshoped to look like Twilight.

Yeah, it is pretty obviously Cadence's model, complete with Cadence's eye shape.
After Photoshopping Cadence to be purple with purple eyes, sticking Twilight's cutie mark on her, and adding enlarged versions of Twilight's mane and tail, they would've just had to Photoshop on the Entertainment Weekly watermarks.

*Hyperventilates* Trenderhoof called Derpy unappreciated! <3 I love that they put that in!

I liked Sweetie Belle's dress. And I usually don't like dresses. X3

This was actually a pretty good lesson!

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Howitzer

Spoiler:  I'm warning you • show
[/spoiler]
LoE not working as it should? Submit bugs here: http://phabricator.legendsofequestria.com/maniphest/task/edit/form/1/
------->  Jurassic Systems <-----------

GoldenTerrabyte

One of the funniest of the season in my opinion! My favorite line has to be "I wear droopy drawers!". I understand Applejack not wanting the guy, she's the type to not want a guy. Good lesson too. I loved Rarity talking in that accent too. I love how she sometimes accidentally spoke in her normal accent too.
I'm back

Dawnstar

2014 Feb 08, 23:48:32 #325 Last Edit: 2014 Feb 08, 23:55:19 by Dawnstar
Yeah, I think it was intentional that you could still hear her normal accent cutting through. Gave it the feeling that Rarity was just trying too hard. I also loved how she sounded just before she jumped in the mud. It was like every fiber of her being was trying to resist doing what she was about to do but she did it anyway.

Of course I wasn't too surprised to see Applejack pulling off being fancy with some flair (and some sarcasm aimed at Rarity). She may not normally act that way, but she did learn how to act like a high society pony when she lived with her aunt and uncle so it made sense that she could easily pull it off. The skills and knowledge are there, it's just not the lifestyle for her.

Overall I would call this episode painfully hilarious. Watching Rarity was a good case of "train wreck in slow motion," you know it's coming but it's still hard to watch, and the interactions between her, Applejack and Trend were hilarious backed up by some excellent voice acting.

Also, I wouldn't say it's that she doesn't want a guy. I think it's more the fact that he was just being way to forward/awkward with Applejack and it was creeping her out.

dynamite

Quote from: Howitzer on 2014 Feb 08, 14:43:20
[/spoiler]

But she does like being covered in mud.

GoldenTerrabyte

Quote from: dynamite on 2014 Feb 09, 15:42:13
[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

The video forgot Sisterhooves Social. When she did the race.
I'm back

LostSanity

I have no idea what I just watched...

But... it was ridiculously funny

lol
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Pipkin

Not bad for a Rarity/Applejack episode....the lesson for this one was better than usual however

The personality switches were a nice touch too :)

Chishio Kunrin

At first, when I had read the synopsis, I thought Rarity and Applejack get crushes on the same guy, which I felt was weird and impossible. I'm really, really glad they made it where Applejack didn't care for him, and I really like the lesson.

dynamite

Quote from: Pipkin on 2014 Feb 09, 21:36:02
Not bad for a Rarity/Applejack episode....the lesson for this one was better than usual however

The personality switches were a nice touch too :)

I felt 100 different emotions watching that show  :3 D: >:/ :P :c ;)

Pipkin

Got to watch the new one on my lunch....yay......I don't often get to post first  X3
THE SONG!
I fell in love with this episode almost instantly when Fluttershy started singing, and the whole episode was awesome......except for one thing...and everyone will agree i'm sure

Pinkie Pie

Seriously why did they have to go and screw with her personality like that?  This was the only episode ever where Pinkie actually annoyed me.....and as hardcore a Pinkie fan as I am that was really hard for me to admit...

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Pipkin on 2014 Feb 15, 17:33:45
Got to watch the new one on my lunch....yay......I don't often get to post first  X3
THE SONG!
I fell in love with this episode almost instantly when Fluttershy started singing, and the whole episode was awesome......except for one thing...and everyone will agree i'm sure

Pinkie Pie

Seriously why did they have to go and screw with her personality like that?  This was the only episode ever where Pinkie actually annoyed me.....and as hardcore a Pinkie fan as I am that was really hard for me to admit...

Agreed. I don't like what they did with Pinkie Pie this episode.

Did anyone else notice that there was a jackalope in the beginning of the episode? Hint: Search for the yellow bunny, right at the beginning of the episode. You should see it about less than a minute in.

Coffee Rush

I saw that jackalope. First thing I noticed in that scene.
My OC can be found here!

LostSanity

I'm not really sure what to say about this one...

But everything about it was just AMAZING.

It was funny, cute, and just AWESOME.

[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

dynamite

Like it all but...

Flutterguy -_-

Puynsi

2014 Feb 17, 16:48:14 #337 Last Edit: 2014 Feb 17, 16:53:58 by Puynsi
Again another mix of ideas.
Disclaimers can go to... well... nowhere.

Okay... I will make an unorganized list of what I thought about the chap.
1. Fluttershy overcoming her fear? Awesome, just awesome but... She will be less of a "Shy"? Even with the "baby steps" quote? What she did was actually amazing, few people can overcome fears like that and be so sure of themselves.
2. Pinkie Pie... well... where I should start, I really, REALLY, wasnt able to feel confortable with Pinkie around, not in this chap. Despite the fact of the "missunderstanding" at the end, she actually enjoyed pushing Fluttershy to the egde (Why enjoyed? Well... she did it twice, and the first one she answered "But Im really good at being ridiculous", I will only say that), what Im really surprised about is... that I thought Discord would have such task... you know... the crazy Pet-God, not one of her best friends.
3. Flutterguy, ok... yeah it was fun, really fun, but... really? Why under this conditions? (I could mention a few but Im not sure if they are something to talk about in the forum, nevermind.) Not to mention that Fluttershy has so many alter-egos already that giving her more and more its just... ridiculous... (Sorry for the Flutterfans, but lets face it, Fluttershy is being overused.)
4. Zecora, I really liked her making another appearance as the voice of reason in this crazy world.
5. Over everything else despite being in fifth place, the fact of Rarity saying "Its good that something can be done without going trought some drama every once in a while."<---- THIS! That sentence should be engraved in some stone or something and place it on every freaking door in Ponyville.

Dawnstar

2014 Feb 20, 23:48:40 #338 Last Edit: 2014 Feb 20, 23:50:38 by Dawnstar
Honestly, I was expecting the poison joke to have a completely different effect than it did last time, if for no other reason than that they were using it to get a certain effect so it would play another "joke" on them and do something completely different.

The song was great, though it easily gets stuck in one's head since it has kept invading my brain at least once a day all week. Still trying to figure out why the opening song of Fluttershy's has such a familiar theme to it, but whatever it is is evading me.

Also, I can't say I'm surprised pinkie's back to the way she's been most of the season. For some reason they apparently felt she wasn't eccentric enough or something, but needless to say I'm at least hoping she acts more like she used to during the season finale (but I'm not holding my breath, expect more of this strange new pinkie pie for the rest of the season). Overall, the way she's been portrayed lately has knocked her out of the tie she was in for top favorite of the main cast and (aside from Pinkie Pride) I've been liking her less and less pretty much every episode this season.

It was nice to see Fluttershy starting to overcome some of her fears, though, and I liked how they didn't force it through too. Felt a lot more natural this way.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Dawnstar on 2014 Feb 20, 23:48:40
Honestly, I was expecting the poison joke to have a completely different effect than it did last time, if for no other reason than that they were using it to get a certain effect so it would play another "joke" on them and do something completely different.

The song was great, though it easily gets stuck in one's head since it has kept invading my brain at least once a day all week. Still trying to figure out why the opening song of Fluttershy's has such a familiar theme to it, but whatever it is is evading me.

Also, I can't say I'm surprised pinkie's back to the way she's been most of the season. For some reason they apparently felt she wasn't eccentric enough or something, but needless to say I'm at least hoping she acts more like she used to during the season finale (but I'm not holding my breath, expect more of this strange new pinkie pie for the rest of the season). Overall, the way she's been portrayed lately has knocked her out of the tie she was in for top favorite of the main cast and (aside from Pinkie Pride) I've been liking her less and less pretty much every episode this season.

It was nice to see Fluttershy starting to overcome some of her fears, though, and I liked how they didn't force it through too. Felt a lot more natural this way.

Yeah, Pinkie seemed like she was actually having fun freaking Fluttershy out.

Go Up