Newest Episodes(Season 3, Episode 13(1080p!))!

Started by Nameless, 2012 Mar 19, 17:54:58

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

lurk852

Spoiler: show
That was the weirdest episode... it's like they crossed MLP with shonen anime.
"The passions are, and ought only to be the slave of reason." - David Hume

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Rad Thunder on 2012 Dec 01, 11:05:14
Back from watching Magic Duel!
The set up of this whole episode was a little off. Trixie just happens to find the Alicorn Amulet in a shop? Who would even put something like that on the shelf? (Aside from Physics Shift) I thought beforehand that this episode would revolve around the lesson of 'Cheaters never prosper', and I think I was pretty spot on with it. And did anyone else notice right away that it was all an illusion with Twilight's spells? :P
And finally, I'm glad to see Trixie humbled a bit. I don't think I'd have the heart to forgive her, but I'm not Twilight. x3

I think she was purposely looking for it. She might have read about it and went to mystic shops to find it. She finally found the right shop. You could tell from how she was going from one thing to another, like she was going "No. No. No. That's not it. No."

Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 Dec 01, 11:23:23
That episode was brilliant, at first I thought it was going to be a giant shoutout to the brony fandom, but it had it's own point to prove. I was really hoping Sombre would be involved, but that would had made this episode an hour long so the alicorn amulet made a better device for the plot. Lots of laughs all around, a new land (Sattle Arabia) is canon, and Trixie leaves on higher note this time around.
9.5/10

By the way, I was fooled by Twilight near the end of the episode, but I knew that amulet was a fake. I thought she had learned to concentrate and to unlock her potential  lol

Yes! :D We got an action episode and a Trixie redemption episode at the same time!

Also, I think it's spelled Saddle Arabia. That's kinda cool, though. It looked like the residents were horses, rather than ponies. I liked their clothes.~

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Rad Thunder

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Dec 01, 15:14:42
The set up of this whole episode was a little off. Trixie just happens to find the Alicorn Amulet in a shop? Who would even put something like that on the shelf? (Aside from Physics Shift) I thought beforehand that this episode would revolve around the lesson of 'Cheaters never prosper', and I think I was pretty spot on with it. And did anyone else notice right away that it was all an illusion with Twilight's spells? :P
And finally, I'm glad to see Trixie humbled a bit. I don't think I'd have the heart to forgive her, but I'm not Twilight. x3

I think she was purposely looking for it. She might have read about it and went to mystic shops to find it. She finally found the right shop. You could tell from how she was going from one thing to another, like she was going "No. No. No. That's not it. No."

Fair enough, but the fact that some powerful artifact like it is just on display in a shop still baffles me. :I

Night Pony

Quote from: Rad Thunder on 2012 Dec 01, 15:17:33

Fair enough, but the fact that some powerful artifact like it is just on display in a shop still baffles me. :I

The merchant said it was mysterious. Probably the reason it was in a shop because it was an artifact that was believed not to do anything.

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

lurk852

Seems like a fair bit of that episode was references to Aladdin, which starts with the godly magic lamp being advertised by a random merchant, IIRC.
"The passions are, and ought only to be the slave of reason." - David Hume

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Night Pony on 2012 Dec 01, 15:20:13

The merchant said it was mysterious. Probably the reason it was in a shop because it was an artifact that was believed not to do anything.

That, and he was an obvious reference to mystic shops from a lot of movies and TV shows. Shops like that always have some form of mystical, magical, mysterious, etc. artifacts that main characters/heroes and villains get from there.

Gracie Sky

I would have loved to have known what would have happened if Princess Celestia came back from her trip while Trixie basically was usurping it.
Character Critique Thread

Have your OC fairly and honestly evaluated!

Rad Thunder

Quote from: Gracie Sky on 2012 Dec 01, 17:12:59
I would have loved to have known what would have happened if Princess Celestia came back from her trip while Trixie basically was usurping it.

To the MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!

Book Smarts

That shopkeeper looked to be from a Pony like Manchurian land, he was wearing the garments and queue of the Manchu

Rad Thunder

Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 Dec 01, 17:41:52
That shopkeeper looked to be from a Pony like Manchurian land, he was wearing the garments and queue of the Manchu

MANEchu. lol

Darckwar

This was a grate episode and i was right on the fact that king Sombre had nothing to do with this.

I had a chat war with like 50 or more people on 6 vids on youtube thay all were saying king Sombre is behinde this.

Jenzy

BACK FROM EPISODE!
That was pretty darn awesome!

Loved how Twilight used "real-life magic" (illusions) to get Trixie to remove the "Alicorn Amulet." (When I heard the "6", I half expected the "Elements of Harmony" x3)

Oh. "Alicorn" is CANON!

Many references I hear. I saw Whooves at one part of the ep. There were the BEST FRIENDS Lyra and Bon Bon. Drinkin' some soda~ (I half expected Lyra to be the one playing the instruments...)

And... 4th wall room! :D

And... Greater respect for Trixie! :nod:

PrincessButton

[Avatar drawn by Dusky Hues; Thank you!]

Julius

2012 Dec 01, 20:17:33 #453 Last Edit: 2012 Dec 01, 20:20:01 by Julius
Pinkie! How is your mouth feeling? You were amazed at Twi's 4th Wall Breaking, weren't you? I could tell. :P

That episode was... Are there words that can accurately describe it? Nope, not at all. :]

It was Epic! Magnificent! Beautiful! Wonderful! I loved it! :nod:

Fluttershy was adorable, there were hilarious moments all over, and there was DERPY! (Thanks for pointing it out, Miss Pinkie). ^-^

Lyra, oh how you made me laugh. Magic duel going on? Oh don't worry about her, she'll be chillin' with BonBon and drinking some Soda. I thought she'd be the one to play the instruments though.

I must say, I was hating on Trixie right untill the very end... Then... I forgave her. That ending actually brought a tear to my eye. It was certainly unexpected to me. :)

It was very sweet of her, and the way she went back to her "Old Self", while falling... It was amazing. lol

Now... It's time for me to ask... What did Zecora say to Twilight! On two occasions! X3

In the pond: "No noise, no sound, no something, no something."

When talking to Twilight in her hut:

"No wonder you're so something, it's an abuse of power!"

"When it comes to magic, it would be tragic if somepony something me."

Thank you!

Edit: Sorry! Forgot to spoiler it! :I
Purr~

PrincessButton

Quote from: Julius on 2012 Dec 01, 20:17:33
Pinkie! How is your mouth feeling? You were amazed at Twi's 4th Wall Breaking, weren't you? I could tell. :P

That episode was... Are there words that can accurately describe it? Nope, not at all. :]

It was Epic! Magnificent! Beautiful! Wonderful! I loved it! :nod:

Fluttershy was adorable, there were hilarious moments all over, and there was DERPY! (Thanks for pointing it out, Miss Pinkie). ^-^

Lyra, oh how you made me laugh. Magic duel going on? Oh don't worry about her, she'll be chillin' with BonBon and drinking some Soda. I thought she'd be the one to play the instruments though.

I must say, I was hating on Trixie right untill the very end... Then... I forgave her. That ending actually brought a tear to my eye. It was certainly unexpected to me. :)

It was very sweet of her, and the way she went back to her "Old Self", while falling... It was amazing. lol

Now... It's time for me to ask... What did Zecora say to Twilight! On two occasions! X3

In the pond: "No noise, no sound, no something, no something."

When talking to Twilight in her hut:

"No wonder you're so something, it's an abuse of power!"

"When it comes to magic, it would be tragic if somepony something me."

Thank you!

Edit: Sorry! Forgot to spoiler it! :I
Glad to have my mouth back!! :D

Zecora said "No wonder you're so dower, it's an abuse of power!"
"When it comes to magic, it would be tragic if somepony licked me."
and
"No noise, no sound, no din, no fuss."
^-^

Julius

Purr~

PrincessButton

Little Judas

Haven't read everypony's opinion yet because there are already too many, so this could probably be said already

Is it me or is the 3rd season darker than the previous ones?
The beginning: A dark and rainy scenery, a cloaked figure in a mysterious shop owned by someone
who's principals are surpassed by his greed, the creepy smiling shadow at the end.
But enough about my day, let's talk ponies...

I think this one was really great, again due to comic and memes I knew about Twilight's banishment but how she
took back her place as a ponyville citizen was unexpected, I knew the amulet was for show to trick Trixie into
removing her own amulet, but Twilight's "magic" was something I really did needed the explanation afterwards.

When Twilight needed another teacher I was kind of hoping it would have been Luna, but Zecora was fun too.
Which leads me to the point, how does Zebra-Magic work? No horn or nothing... maybe it was their zebra sense are a-tinglin'?

I'm also glad the Alicorn-discussion can be ended, though I fear on other site some are going to gloat and others rage.
Thanks to Julius for my OC. (see the avatar)

Let it fly in the breeze and get caught in the trees, Give a home to the fleas, in my hair
A home for fleas, a hive for the buzzing bees, A nest for birds, there ain't no words
For the beauty, splendor, the wonder of my hair

Julius

Indeed it does seem like it Judas, and I love it. Gives it such an epic feel after every episode, in my opinion. :3

Of course, I take everything in consideration. The antagonists, the little details, our ponies' successes and failures, etc.

I knew the amulet was for show, yet I didn't expect for the magic to be fake. I just thought that since they were the elements of harmony, they had magic flowing through them, thus making Twilight's task easier. ^-^
Purr~

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Julius on 2012 Dec 01, 21:38:23
Indeed it does seem like it Judas, and I love it. Gives it such an epic feel after every episode, in my opinion. :3

Of course, I take everything in consideration. The antagonists, the little details, our ponies' successes and failures, etc.

I knew the amulet was for show, yet I didn't expect for the magic to be fake. I just thought that since they were the elements of harmony, they had magic flowing through them, thus making Twilight's task easier. ^-^

That's what I thought too.

Go Up