Super Mario Thread [Share your Super Mario Maker levels here!]

Started by Jenzy, 2012 Dec 15, 13:28:32

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Jenzy

Quote from: super_chris85 on 2013 Jan 27, 12:51:52
Quote from: Jenzy on 2012 Dec 15, 15:48:55

Magic Carrot: Unicorn Power-up. Like average Unicorns. Basic levitating included with first use. Must learn spells to use spells. Right?! And if Magic used is too powerful, or magic is overused many times without breaks, horn will start to get zappy. Too much will electrocute you and force you to Power-down. There's a spell that allows power-down without losing the Carrot.

Now i don't know if somepony asked this already but what if a unicorn gets the magic carrot would it increase there magic or do nothing at all

It's like this:
P-Wing/Wing > No effect on Pegasi and Alicorns
Magic Carrot > No effect on Unicorns and Alicorns

Gracie Sky

Still playing through Sticker Star.

How about them bosses? For the most part, they are unbeatable unless you use the right sticker at the right time, which sticker that is the correct one is only slightly hinted at.

My conservationism shines again in this game, as I hold onto valuable stickers that I never use because I think I'll need it more later on. When later on comes, I still won't use it because I think I'll need it even more even later on!

The only thing that bothers me about the game though is the lack of partners. There is no party, there is Mario and Navi in sticker form. From what I've seen, Bowser gets no lines, so I disappointingly won't be expecting more of his shenanigans. What I do get is Toads, though. While most of them are pretty amusing to listen to, I'd rather be listening to people actually traveling with you.

Other than all of that, the map designs and the game dynamics are pretty well done. Good music and graphics. But for a good RPG with actual story, I'm still crowning Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door as king. It's also got good maps, game dynamics, music, and graphics, but it also Goombella and Lord Crump, who just absolutely just make the game.
Character Critique Thread

Have your OC fairly and honestly evaluated!

Jenzy

Those Flashy Stickers you can buy later at...
Spoiler: show
Rumble Volcano Sticker Shop

Yeah. I was disappointed with the No Partners. This is my first Paper Mario! I was gonna see how it's like. Then it's... different.

Nothing wrong with that though, this game is rather enjoyable! :3

((I was so hyped for the Chain Chomp Partner! <3
Then I found out he was taken away :())

I was surprised too. Bowser gets no dialogue. And... Mario has absolutely NO VOICE at all! lol

I was like you. I held on to those stickers...

I 100% Paper Mario Sticker Star! What do you do?
All 5 Luigi Locations Spotted
All Things Stickers Put Up at Museum
All Battle Stickers Put Up at Museum
Bowser Defeated
ALL HP-UP Hearts Found
9999 Coins (Not really part of the achievements :P)

Gracie Sky

Play 1000 Year Door. If you don't have a Gamecube or a Wii... uh... you'll have to wait until they put a downloadable version of it on their site... You could just watch a playthrough of it, but playing it is so much better.

How can you not love a game with a piece of dia... monologue like this?
Character Critique Thread

Have your OC fairly and honestly evaluated!

Jenzy

Of course I have a Wii! I've mentioned Super Mario Galaxy and the sequel a few times...

So, I'm thinking of getting all 4 of the Series.

Maybe Paper Mario and Paper Mario, the Thousand Year Door for Virtual Console and Super Paper Mario from Nintendo Select ($20).

I saw part of the Intro of Paper Mario in a Game Night, but never got to play it. I got dragged to a Costume Contest/Dancing. x3

Since I was wearing my Paper Finn Hat (Adventure Time Game Night).

I like to 100% everything! Try collecting everything in PM: SS! There are some hidden passages for certain Megaflash Stickers.

Somewhat related :P

The Raccoon Suit is just awesome... :3

White Prism

[glow=darkgreen,2,300]All I can say is...

X!

Also, looks good Jenzy ^-^
[/glow]
Insanity? Me? *Laught evil and madly*

Link to my ponysona/OC~
http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=6392.0

Jenzy

Shadow Mare

Just finished Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars! Final boss was intense! Loved the Final Fantasy boss, the music from Final Fantasy IV was epic!

ArtVeigar

Never played the FF IV, so I didn't noticed it :P
The final boss was really hard! Really epic! And the Axem Rangers were a genious' touch xD

And I really loved the fact that
you can have both Bowser and the Princess in your party! It was really epic having this three as my difinitive party for the final boss! They only thing missing was Luigi, I really hoped he would appear. :c

Shadow Mare

Quote from: ArtVeigar on 2013 Feb 13, 09:56:15
Never played the FF IV, so I didn't noticed it :P
The final boss was really hard! Really epic! And the Axem Rangers were a genious' touch xD

And I really loved the fact that
you can have both Bowser and the Princess in your party! It was really epic having this three as my difinitive party for the final boss! They only thing missing was Luigi, I really hoped he would appear. :c

My party for the final boss was Mario, Bowser, and Geno. No healers. I got balls of steel. Good thing I had rock candy and the Star Egg.

ArtVeigar

Wow, you're kinda hard core.... I don't know how I'd have made it without Peach's healing and revive.

What I like most in Geno is that there is a fan-translated varsion of the game to Portuguese where they translated his special attacks as Dragon Ball attacks, like kame-hame-ha and raise ki lol

Shadow Mare

I did had some Pick Me Ups and Kerocola and everyone was max level 30 and had best gear. Rock Candy plus Troopa Pin equals 300 damage.

ArtVeigar

I guess you went with the "best defense is a good attack" strategy, and stacked lots of itens to keep surviving. I used Geno a lot before getting to the late game. I aways go for the "If I'm surviving, one day I'll finish this boss" strategy, so a healer is a must for me, even with a ton of itens:P Whenever Peach died, most certainly I would fail...

And I played this game some years ago, so I didn't remember all of the itens effects just by their names :P

Julius

Ah! That game was wonderful! :D

As for me, I don't exactly remember how it was, but I remember that boss being super easy for me. I had Mario, Peach and Geno. Don't think anypony died once. :I

I think Peach had the... Red... Shell... Armor? I think that's what it's called. I can't remember... X3
Purr~

ArtVeigar

Wow! Don't know how you managed to not die, I died lots of times! Maybe it's because I try to do things at the lowest level possible in RPGs, so your characters were more leveled up. Or you just knew better how to play, I don't know :P

Julius

I think it was because of that armor set I gave to Peach. I'm sure it was the best one in the game. I don't think my level was that high... But not too low either. ^-^
Purr~

ArtVeigar

I don't know if I had the best set. I think I had the best weapon for Mario, that big shell that I forgot the name, and for Peach I guess I had a frying pan or a fan, I don't remember well :P

Shadow Mare

Quote from: Julius on 2013 Feb 13, 14:12:50
Ah! That game was wonderful! :D

As for me, I don't exactly remember how it was, but I remember that boss being super easy for me. I had Mario, Peach and Geno. Don't think anypony died once. :I

I think Peach had the... Red... Shell... Armor? I think that's what it's called. I can't remember... X3

Lazy Shell

Jenzy

The New Nintendo Direct has a lot of NEWS on a lot of Mario Games!

"Year of Luigi!" :D

Julius

2013 Feb 16, 00:38:50 #99 Last Edit: 2013 Feb 16, 00:59:33 by Julius
More like year of the 3DS... Where's the love for the U? :/

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to play some of those games as you know Jenzy, but I just don't want a 3DS. Or a handheld. I got my iPhone for portable gaming. I like my games on a console. It's just not the same on a handheld. Very, very rarely do I enjoy something so much on a handheld. And still, I got my iPhone for that. A fine example is the Final Fantasy series.

The worst part is that now there's no excuse to keep the DS gameplay to the DS since the Wii U has the touch screen on that http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=2470.0">Read the forum rules. controller. I've seen nothing new for the Wii U, apart from the very few (Awesome) games that I own, that's three games. Other than that, it's all games I already own and beat on my Xbox, or games I have no interest in (Except for Monter Hunter 3 and maybe Walking Dead). :l

I was kinda excited about the NSLU but then I saw that it would be up for "sale" and after my recent monetary issues with their Eshop, I won't be getting it. :c

I saw some Zelda announcement mention in that video though, so I'll be sure to check that out now. ^-^
Purr~

Go Up