Super Mario Thread [Share your Super Mario Maker levels here!]

Started by Jenzy, 2012 Dec 15, 13:28:32

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ChocolateRain

My all time favorite is Super Mario World. Have played it at least a gazillion times... And then the hacks for this game: There are really really really good ones out there. Still waiting for a good SMW / MLP hack though... :D

All work and no candy makes Choco a dull colt!
deviantArt

Jenzy

2013 Jan 12, 03:07:58 #61 Last Edit: 2013 Jan 12, 03:11:36 by Jenzy
I still need to play that. That game sounds like it's THE BOB-OMB! :D

So close. Got enough Wii Points, but not the Classic Controller. :c

Say, how about we talk about favorite Power-Ups? Favorite Enemies? Favorite Bosses? Favorite Areas? Favorite Glitches? :ajshifty:

There's a lot to talk about. =P

Mario Wiki has lots of info of Mario!

Who has Paper Mario: Sticker Star? What are your thoughts? I like it. It was rather fun collecting Stickers and defeating enemies and solving puzzles by breaking the 4th Wall Paperization.

Julius

If I owned a DS, I would have that Paper Mario. Seeing as I don't, however, I haven't even seen a trailer. :ajshifty:

Your talk about it all over the forums makes me want it though... Maybe I'll play it on my computer or watch a Let's Play.

Paper Mario is the BEST! ^-^

Favorite power up... The P-Acorn for sure. From NSMBU.

Favorite enemies, bosses? I just destroy them all, not caring for which one I like the most. But, anything from Paper Mario works. ovO

Favorite areas? Hmmm... I don't know... So much awesomeness across different games... I can't decide! :I

Glitches? I don't remember ever experiencing any on my Mario games. :P
Purr~

ArtVeigar

Have anyone played the Super Mario RPG for SNES? I know it's not the Mario style, but for me it's the best Mario game ever (truth be said, it's one of the best games I've ever played, losing only for the Kingdom Hearts series and Okami).

Besides this one, I really like the SMB 1, the SMB Lost Levels and the SMB 3 remake for SNES in the Super Mario All-Stars. They are REALLY hard, and I spent 3 hours to beat the last castle from SMB Lost Levels.

Oh, and there is the SMW 2: Yoshi's Island. It's really nice too! One of the best!

Favorite area? I don't know... Maybe Chocolat Island from SMW... I can't remember all of them right now.

Favorite boss? I guess the frog from Yoshi's Island. But if you count the RPG game too, the best bossess are the Axem Ranger!

Favorite power-up: None! I like to pass the stages without nothing (and because in the Lost Levels, you NEED to have nothing).

And favorite soundtrack: Yoshi's Island's OST is the best one. All of it.

ChocolateRain

2013 Jan 12, 23:07:28 #64 Last Edit: 2013 Jan 12, 23:09:16 by ChocolateRain
Oh, glitches are awesome...

My favorite is the world -1 glitch in SMB. It takes a little practicing, but then it's easy to do yourself (even on the original console).

Spoiler: World -1 glitch • show

Then there's that glitch through turning blocks glitch in SMW. It's really easy to pull off (no emulator needed) and quite useful.

Spoiler: Turning blocks glitch • show

Also: Climbing carrying an item: Easy and really useful.

Spoiler: Climb with item glitch • show

Jumping onto a P-Block and eating it before it disappears to safe it. Is easy too.

And then there is a way to get infinite lives. I tried this one in a hack with a different setup, but I think with a little practice it should be doable.

Spoiler: P-Block and infinite lives glitch • show

I could go on forever, but will save some for later... ;) If you're curious: There are some great compilations on youtube and also quite some pages explaining in detail how to perform the glitches.

deviantArt

Jenzy

The first RPG Mario, SUPER MARIO RPG. Yeah. I've heard about it. Sounds really fun.

Obviously, I've never played it. Hmmm. It seems The RPG Mario moved to Paper Mario. Did you know PAPER MARIO for the Nintendo 64 used to be SUPER MARIO RPG 2, but was changed due to legal issues with Square Enix, who made "SMRPG." If it wasn't for that, there'd be no crazy cardboard cut out adventures... Right? :ajshifty:

I want to try the old Paper Marios. Sounds a lot of awesome.

And the "Mario & Luigi" series is awesome as well (Like PM, I've only played the latest of the series x3

That be M&L: Bowser's Inside Story). Ah Roleplaying Games. :]

Ah, and Paper Jenzy is now a new OC of mine =P

Fave Power-Up: Magic Carrot Super Leaf/Statue Leaf (Tanooki Suit)
Favorite Boss: Hard to decide. Maybe Gooper Blooper, but I think I bias on the Awesome Music!
Favorite Enemy: Boo! And Chain Chomps obviously. Maybe Shy Guys and Snifits too.
Favorite Area: So many good areas to choose from! o_o

Oh yes. Favorite OST! Super Mario Galaxy's is amazing! Paper Mario: Sticker Star has some nice tunes also.

Paper Mario actually shows what you can do with paper besides wasting them o3o

Darkangel

2013 Jan 14, 04:22:53 #66 Last Edit: 2013 Jan 14, 04:50:50 by Darkangel
I loved M&L:Bowser's Inside Story. I loved the tunes that played while your inside him. Like that forest area music inside. Sadly, I lost the game...

Favorite boss is probably Count Bleck. I LOVED SPM and don't get why people hate it so much. I loved the new platforming style opposed to RPG, not saying I dislike the RPG style since I love RPGS, too.

Favorite enemy is definitely Boo. I always liked video game ghosts for some reason, my fave Pokemon type is ghost and I think the Ghast from Minecraft is cool, I dunno I just like 'em.

Favorite area... This is hard since there are so much good areas... I guess Throwback galaxy from SMG2. I just loved how they remixed the theme and the area.

Don't know about OST, there is so much to choose from! I think all of them are good.
Buoy base... Secret levels in SMS... Super Paper Mario final battle theme... They're all awesome! All the OST's are awesome, in my opinion.
Don't know what to put here.
So I just am typing these words, not knowing what to type here.
Maybe later I'll figure out.

ArtVeigar

I really need to play the Paper Mario games... I sincerely don't know how someone who loves the Mario games as much as me has never played any of them. I don't regret buying PS1 and PS2 instead of N64 and GC, but i really need to play games from this consoles too.

And there is one more questione that you guys didn't answered and I'd like to read what you have to say: Which one is the most difficult Mario game ever (without counting hack Marios)? I just love challenges, and I'd love to play a really hard Mario game that I've never played before.

Julius

Hardest Mario... Hmm... They're not really difficult. :P

Any of the RPG's I guess! ^-^
Purr~

Detective Woona

Super Mario Bros. Deluxe for Gameboy Color had these Japanese-only levels that you unlocked after completing the main game.
Those things were frustrating. Every gap had invisible blocks. Some of them required you to hit the right combination of invisiblocks to proceed.
Devious Japs.
Steam Name: The Bird Lion
MC Name: Stalwart_Shield

Mmmm, quite.

ChocolateRain

I would say... One of the hardest if not the hardest is the Japanese version of SMB2 for the Famicom / NES. If Nintendo decides that the game is too hard for the European / American market and instead release a rebranded version of "Yume K?j?: Doki Doki Panic" that has to mean something I guess... I mean: Warp Zones bringing you back instead of forward and "power ups" that can kill you... ;)

deviantArt

ArtVeigar

I know well this Japanese version of SMB2 for NES, it has a remake released to SNES in the Super Mario All-Stars, together with the remakes of SMB1, American SMB2 and SMB3. I spent 3 hours to make through the stage 8-4, the second most difficult thing i've ever beaten, losing just to Touhou Porject 5: Mystic Square.

I should probably start playing Paper Mario and the DS RPGs, like M&L Partners in Time and Bowser's Inside Story.

Jenzy

Yeah. The Mario RPGs are pretty great.

I've yet to play the other Paper Marios and Mario & Luigis.

The Grandmaster Galaxy level sure is a pain! I've already mastered going through every area (still a bit of trouble with the Sentry Beams Shrinking Tiles area whenever I reach it:l)

Ah! Once I get to the final part, I'll be sure to avoid those stupid Hammers and crawl-spin to the Boomerang Bros. I was SO CLOSE one time. I was about to flip a table! >:( (So I'm stuck 99.99999...% Completion)

Julius

I know what my favorite tune from Mario is!

Well, apart from the Main Theme. X3

The music from the main menu on Paper Mario (N64)! :D
Purr~

ArtVeigar

I'm having some problems with the physics of SM Galaxy. I don't know what's the problem, but Mario just doesn't do right what I want him to, mainly when swimming. I'll still beat this game one day.

Itty Bit

Quote from: Jenzy on 2013 Jan 17, 20:21:50
Yeah. The Mario RPGs are pretty great.

I've yet to play the other Paper Marios and Mario & Luigis.

The Grandmaster Galaxy level sure is a pain! I've already mastered going through every area (still a bit of trouble with the Sentry Beams Shrinking Tiles area whenever I reach it:l)

Ah! Once I get to the final part, I'll be sure to avoid those stupid Hammers and crawl-spin to the Boomerang Bros. I was SO CLOSE one time. I was about to flip a table! >:( (So I'm stuck 99.99999...% Completion)

Dedicate a good while for me to get that down, make sure you grind up on lives and just keep playing it. It's hard, but you feel awesome when you finish it.
That last star was definitely what made Super Mario Galaxy 2 Memorable to me.

Jenzy

The first time this got pushed WAY down. lol

Let's see. I rather love this Mansion song. I like the little SMG Ghostly Galaxy Music. ovO

Enstramentall

I enjoy the musical score for Super Mario Galaxy 2, it's possitivley superb!  ^-^
[move][/move] Hi! Hello! Hola! Benvenidos! Bonjour! Gutentag! :P I think you get the idea.

Darkangel

I still love that they added
Spoiler: show
Throwback galaxy

in SMG2.
Don't know what to put here.
So I just am typing these words, not knowing what to type here.
Maybe later I'll figure out.

super_chris85

Quote from: Jenzy on 2012 Dec 15, 15:48:55

Magic Carrot: Unicorn Power-up. Like average Unicorns. Basic levitating included with first use. Must learn spells to use spells. Right?! And if Magic used is too powerful, or magic is overused many times without breaks, horn will start to get zappy. Too much will electrocute you and force you to Power-down. There's a spell that allows power-down without losing the Carrot.

Now i don't know if somepony asked this already but what if a unicorn gets the magic carrot would it increase there magic or do nothing at all

Go Up