I'm not sure Apple understands bronies

Started by Chishio Kunrin, 2012 Oct 28, 12:46:00

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Chishio Kunrin

2012 Oct 28, 12:46:00 Last Edit: 2012 Oct 28, 12:50:42 by Chishio Kunrin
So, I was on Facebook, when I saw an ad for an app. The ad said
"For Pony & Brony fans!
Only FREE iPad app for MLP fans! Games, prizes, boyfriends, weddings, socialize & more!"
The picture is pretty much somewhat of a human Twilight Sparkle, and in the background, there's a unicorn that doesn't entirely seem FiM to me. So I decided to check it out.

QuoteWelcome to Ponyville!

Finally, there is a fun and interactive game for all Pony Girls and Bronies. After dressing up the girl and your pony, head into town and choose from 6 different pony houses to play games and win prizes! Before you start your adventure, don't forget to save your look to share with all your friends. So many games to play and outfits to dress up in! When you win the special prizes, give them to the boyfriends in town and win their heart. The ultimate princess prize is there for you when you win the hearts of all 6 boyfriends!

Exciting features:
?Mix and match hundreds of outfits and hair options to start your adventure
?A gazillion choices of hair, bodies, and cutie marks for your pony
?Save your fantastic looks and then share with all your friends
?6 fun houses in the town with interactive games
?Win coins and prizes to buy more outfits
?Talk and trade gifts with 6 different boyfriends
?Win the hearts and get married to your brony
?Touch-driven animation and sound effects throughout game

Fun game examples:
? Enter your pony in a dress up contest
?Take care of the pets in the pet shop
?Make a delicious apple pie from scratch
?Decorate the cutest cupcakes
?Keep the thunderstorms from rolling in on Ponyville

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/my-pony-girls/id541099142?ls=1&mt=8

:I One thing I'd like to ask: Why are we trying to win the hearts of 6 boys, and then marrying one?
In case you can't get to the link for some reason, here are the pictures from the page:
Spoiler: show

Yeah, the mane six and the boys are humanized, and in my opinion, Applejack's hair is too light. It looks gray-ish.
More notes:
- In picture 1, apparently Twilight's library is now a pile of books with hipster glasses on it, Fluttershy's hut is now a tree, Pinkie lives in a cake castle, and Rarity now lives in a castle. Let's take a moment to congratulate Rarity, Pinkie, and possibly Fluttershy.
- I guess Applejack can marry Big Macintosh and her cousin Braeburn.
- I'm not sure who the chap in the suit is, but I guess it's Prince Blueblood.

And to point out the obvious: Yeah, the ponies don't look anything like FiM ponies. But uh... I... like their manes?

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Blues-Music

Another reason I call apple the work of the devil.These human forms look incredibly ugly , and it only promotes the stereotype that all women think about is boyfriends.The ponies don't look like MLP , and these humans are ugly.There are way better fans drawing human form.The real question is why you thought it understood us.Apple is only in it for the money.

SweBow

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

^ that over and over again

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Blues-Music on 2012 Oct 28, 13:13:33
Another reason I call apple the work of the devil.These human forms look incredibly ugly , and it only promotes the stereotype that all women think about is boyfriends.The ponies don't look like MLP , and these humans are ugly.There are way better fans drawing human form.The real question is why you thought it understood us.Apple is only in it for the money.

I never thought they understood us. That's why I said that I don't think they understand bronies. I actually wanted to make the title "I don't think Apple understands what a brony is", but that was too long. X3

Zirro

2012 Oct 28, 14:56:45 #4 Last Edit: 2012 Oct 28, 15:12:14 by Zirro
Apple distributes apps created by other companies and studios. They're not in the business of creating or advertising Pony-apps ;)

In this case, http://www.appsnminded.com are responsible.

Blues-Music

Quote from: Zirro on 2012 Oct 28, 14:56:45
Apple distributes apps created by other companies and studios. They're not in the business of creating or advertising Pony-apps ;)

What a coincidence that the absentminded is called appsnminded.Really close pronounciation.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Zirro on 2012 Oct 28, 14:56:45

They seem to make a lot of stuff aimed at girls, and things based on popular things girls like, such as One Direction. Somehow, I really don't think they did much research into the word "brony".

Stitchin Time

HerpyDooves

Flamestriker

This is not right! I don't like it. They don't understand bronies at all. In fact, I think they're making fun of us.

Quote from: Blues-Music on 2012 Oct 28, 13:13:33

I agree with that statement. It's super stereotyped.
[move][/move]

Billow Pillow

Yet another failed attempt at other markets trying to understand us for profit... good times.. good times...  lol
Senpai Notice me

LOE Craft: Here
My OC: Here
Dragon Cave Click Meow.

Midnight Breeze

Six boyfriends? Nothing says harmony and morality like promoting infidelity and breaking five men's hearts when you decide which one to marry.

Did they remember to put an M rating on this?

Ahaut

Blues-Music

Because the first thing we think about when hearing ponies is human dating simulators!

SapphirePony

lol I might actually get this on my Ipod to see how stupid it is during the storm  lol But in all seriousness, that is just odd  :I

Doctor Light

Hey, I like Doctor Who, writing, playing and singing music, badminton, and MLP.

Mr.Darkling

I think I had a bit of bile in my mouth looking at those screenshots.  :x
"Man is a make-believe animal, he is never so truly himself as when he is acting the part"

Lord of Madness

Chishio Kunrin

It's so weird, and I'm still getting the ad on Facebook. lol
Go away, ad. I don't like you!

Tiger

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

Go Up