Okami Fan chat of epicness :D

Started by pokemongirl1215, 2012 Sep 16, 02:54:10

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Chishio Kunrin

I don't like Yami. >.< Those specific things you have to do to beat him at each stage of the battle, him knocking holes in the floor like a lunatic, the fact that he's just a baby seal in a bubble. Are you insinuating that seals are evil?! Is that it?! RAHHHHH!

The first time I played and got to that cut scene where Issun got everyone to start believing in Amaterasu, I was like "Ok, cool. This is pretty cool. I'm glowy! AWESOME!" The second time I played, it really set in what was going on, and I almost cried because it was so sweet.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

SapphirePony

*believes she just got most of Okami and Okamiden spoiled for her by various posts*  :c I still can't get past the beginning of Okami.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: SapphirePony on 2012 Sep 18, 11:31:30
*believes she just got most of Okami and Okamiden spoiled for her by various posts*  :c I still can't get past the beginning of Okami.

If Okami was really spoiled for you, we would've mentioned the plot twist that blew my mind. ;) And we were only vaguely discussing one of the boss fights.

SapphirePony

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Sep 18, 11:36:07
Quote from: SapphirePony on 2012 Sep 18, 11:31:30

If Okami was really spoiled for you, we would've mentioned the plot twist that blew my mind. ;) And we were only vaguely discussing one of the boss fights.
o3o Yay I think then? I haven't even fought the first boss :(

pokemongirl1215

Yami..is a evil Koi fish....XD
The fact that hes a Koi(seal..mantie..what evs)means-Anything can be evil.Even little koi fish,evil can strike starting from a small stage,and growing bigger...well,as a youtube comment i read anyway,XD

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: pokemongirl1215 on 2012 Sep 18, 21:24:24
Yami..is a evil Koi fish....XD
The fact that hes a Koi(seal..mantie..what evs)means-Anything can be evil.Even little koi fish,evil can strike starting from a small stage,and growing bigger...well,as a youtube comment i read anyway,XD

He looked gray, so I thought he was a baby seal. :I If he was orange and white, I would've realized koi. lol

pokemongirl1215

when i see a small thing,shaped like a koi,im like"HES A FISHEY!"XD

ovO

QUote i found
QuoteI think Yami is truly just that little creature in the tiny ball and the big mechanical ball is just a huge powerful guise.

Whatever kind of creature Yami truly is (seal, fetus, whale, whatever), that doesn't really matter. Yami's true body is a deformed creature and almost looks like a rejection/mockery of nature. That is the most important part of his design. Also, his mechanical body is just further proof of his antithesis of nature. Also, last time I fought him, if look closely at his true body, he has dark blue markings very similar to Ammy and the brush gods even the circle design on the top of his head.

Shadow Mare

Okami is getting a HD version on PS3 as a download. I want a 360 and Wii U release as well Capcom!

pokemongirl1215

It is?!*instently goes onto ps3*WHEN! :3 O: :D

Shadow Mare

pokemongirl1215

Chishio Kunrin

Yeah, what's with HD version? What's the difference?

Rissian

2012 Sep 22, 00:05:22 #32 Last Edit: 2012 Sep 22, 02:22:52 by Trege
Usually HD versions just have clearer crisp graphics rendered at a higher resolution unless they improve the textures themselves, they might also filter the game so it loses jagged lines and edges. That's usually all they do though unless the company wants to add things to it.

The best example I can think of is this.
Spoiler: HD • show

Spoiler: Standard • show

This is a drastic example because I'm playing KH2 using a PC and the PS2 likely filters it on bigger screens but if you hook up a PS2 with HD you can notice jagged lines and tons of other issues that a standard definition TV usually can't display.

(Before anyone wonders why I'm using a emulation I ripped my KH2 disc to my PC so I could play it using graphic filters that the program to play it has.  ovO )

pokemongirl1215

Chishio Kunrin

I absolutely love the song during the credits at the end. :3 It's called Reset, and it's by Ayaka Hirahara. I have it on my iPod.
Spoiler: Spoiler because the end credits show clips from some major plot points in the game. • show
[center]
[/center]

Brick Stonewood

Hey, has anyone here played through both? I loved Okami, but I picked up Okamiden, and it seemed to be the same game with slightly different dialogue when I tried playing through it. Does that change later on at all?

PPBG

Quote from: Bloomberg on 2012 Oct 06, 14:18:56
   Hey, has anyone here played through both? I loved Okami, but I picked up Okamiden, and it seemed to be the same game with slightly different dialogue when I tried playing through it. Does that change later on at all?

I wish. I haven't played through either, although I'm further along with OkamiDen.
My time here has measured much change, and I fear one of those changes might soon be my departure.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Bloomberg on 2012 Oct 06, 14:18:56

All I know is that Okamiden follows Amaterasu's son. I haven't gotten to play it yet.

Tiger

Spoiler: Tiny tiny TIIINY little spoiler of okamiden • show
Chibiterasu gets called all these weird names so much that they're funny lol

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

PPBG

Quote from: Tiger on 2012 Oct 06, 20:45:33
Spoiler: Tiny tiny TIIINY little spoiler of okamiden • show
Chibiterasu gets called all these weird names so much that they're funny lol

I know right!
Spoiler: show
 My favorite 'rider' person/thing is Nanami. (SP?)
My time here has measured much change, and I fear one of those changes might soon be my departure.

Go Up