Royal Academy of Magic (Jump-In!) - IMF&M ended; Current Class: Dragonology

Started by The Wandering Magus, 2012 Aug 30, 16:37:00

previous topic - next topic

IMF&M ended, current class: Dragonology.  Please vote for the next class!

Inter-Magical Forces and Magitronics
0 (0%)
Dragonology and Other Beasts
3 (7.5%)
Summoning
4 (10%)
Biology
1 (2.5%)
Swimming
0 (0%)
Space and Flying Studies
1 (2.5%)
Music
1 (2.5%)
Practical Applications of Magic
0 (0%)
Magical Items
2 (5%)
Runeology
4 (10%)
Magic Glyphs
1 (2.5%)
Magic Drawings
0 (0%)
Shadow Magic
8 (20%)
Healing Magic and Herbology, Potions
4 (10%)
Elemental Magic
9 (22.5%)
Ancient Magic
2 (5%)
Other (please suggest in OOC or PM me)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Go Down

PPBG

Shard nodded to his colleague, still keeping his attention on the filly. "Nice to meet you. I'm Shard." Glancing up at Kyslu, he muttered something in draconic, then said to the filly, "Alright, believe what you wish." He turned to the class, making sure that he kept an eye on the girl.

"Anyway,"  he said. "Back to the lesson. So Kyslu here is a good example of oriental dragons. You will be taking notes on him to compare with an Equestrian frost dragon, which I will only show you in pictures, as I doubt any are in the area nor are... willing to come here. You can compare length, height, maximum flying height, claw size, tail length... Only three comparisons are required. If you want to work in groups you may, but no larger than five. You may also work alone. Tape measures are here, and you can ask me to see if I have anything else you might need."
My time here has measured much change, and I fear one of those changes might soon be my departure.

GalvinRoe

With that the filly made her quick escape. Rushing out of the hoard of blood thirsty ponies charging down this great beast of legends. Of course they didn't particularly look bloodthirsty or even aggressive and after retreating behind a building and observing the strange proceedings the wary pony acknowledge this. "That don't look like dragon hunt."

Perhaps she had . . . prejudged the circumstances? Well jumping to the worst conclusions had always served her well before and the few exceptions she found here wasn't going to change how she thought about the world. But, she was willing to study the scenario through less biased eyes once out of potential danger. Slowly she watched as something like a lecture began to occur in front of her, something she'd never had the pleasure of attending before and had only seen from afar. Politicians usually. This didn't look like a group of government officials though . . .

After a great sigh and shake of the head, she began to approach the party once again. "O-kay what you doing here? This no dragon hunt."

LostSanity

Quote from: PPBG on 2013 Dec 12, 08:28:57
Shard nodded to his colleague, still keeping his attention on the filly. "Nice to meet you. I'm Shard." Glancing up at Kyslu, he muttered something in draconic, then said to the filly, "Alright, believe what you wish." He turned to the class, making sure that he kept an eye on the girl.

"Anyway,"  he said. "Back to the lesson. So Kyslu here is a good example of oriental dragons. You will be taking notes on him to compare with an Equestrian frost dragon, which I will only show you in pictures, as I doubt any are in the area nor are... willing to come here. You can compare length, height, maximum flying height, claw size, tail length... Only three comparisons are required. If you want to work in groups you may, but no larger than five. You may also work alone. Tape measures are here, and you can ask me to see if I have anything else you might need."

Mage and Flare nodded to the professor to show that they understood. They decided to work together as a group of two. They also decided the easiest way to do this, since only three comparisons were required, were to get the dragons' claw length, tail length, and height.

Mage used his magic to float over one of the tape measures to him and Flare and they began by measuring the dragon's tail length, hoping that the dragon would keep his tail still as well as hoping that they wouldn't annoy or anger the dragon in any way. They were trying to be as discreet and careful as they could though to ensure that this wouldn't happen.
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Winds

Nightstar Dreams

"Afraid not. I'm the teacher for ancient magic. Combat ancient magic to be exact." The young pony stated. She was rather annoyed now, all things considered. But approached him almost emotionless nevertheless.

Whispering Winds

The pegasus was not taking notes as the teacher had told them to do so, but instead just observed. Yes, after all she could see things better from the sky, right? She was flying but observing carefully. She noticed when the red beret filly returned though. Whispering did not want to scare her away a second time so instead of getting close she remained in the air and waved, talking to her through the winds. "Why hello again. Hope I didnt scare you last time." This was followed by an almost soundless giggle.
The sky is our friend. We need but to learn. ~Whispering Winds

My knowledge surpasses yours tenfold. ~Nightstar Dreams

Bravo 658

Wavelength, being admittedly easy to distract, casually watched the filly run away, then watched her slowly walk back.  He turned his head to look at the dragon again, then realized the professor just spoke about notes.  Wavelength somewhat hastily got a paper out and started taking note of all the dragon's features as quickly as he could, suspecting he'd fallen behind by now.

The Wandering Magus

If the Bane and Dreams had bothered to take a look at their rosters and schedules, they may have found both teachers being listed for the same class, subdivided into general and combat Ancient Magic.
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Grizzly

Blue yawned and stretched in her bed. Oh, sooo soft. I could sleep for ever... she sits up rapidly and looks at the time. "Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! I missed the dragonology class..." she said to herself with a sigh. She tidied up the bed, went to her saddlebag and took out a high coffeine and sugar beverage. She drank it all at once and took out the 3D map. "Okey, so i'm too late for class. Show me the liberary, please." she said and followed the maps directions. Intending to further the research of her new spell a bit, mainly interested in the books professor Feather suggested for her.
The most common accident is the one noone expects.

Bane Emural

"Well, it seems we are both teachers of Ancient Magic. And that would mean we would have to share the same class. So, let's start with introductions. I am Bane Emural, and you?"
As Time passes by, so does the winds of the Storms, the water of the Seas, and the rock of the Earth. As all things go, from Life to Death, the sands of Time passes by. ~ Bane Emural

bauccgia0

Earl looked at the filly, just noticing her. He turned to her, and, hoping he was reading her accent right,  began speaking Neighponnese.

<This is a class, I suppose, about Dragons and their habits. If I were you, I wouldn't talk too much about dragon hunts and whatnot. I don't think they'd understand, and if they did, they wouldn't be happy.>

Winds

Quote from: Bane Emural on 2013 Dec 12, 15:18:21
"Well, it seems we are both teachers of Ancient Magic. And that would mean we would have to share the same class. So, let's start with introductions. I am Bane Emural, and you?"

"Hmph. My name is Nightstar Dreams. But I'd prefer if you call me professor. Just because I'm young doesn't mean I don't like titles." She is small compared to him and that is very noticeable when she stands in front of him. Her expression remained firm but not aggressive. "What kind of magic do you deal with? Do you decipher many formulas?" She asked casually. That was the first step to know if she liked someone; to see how much interest they have in magic.

Bane Emural

"The magic I deal with is that of the Second, or second species of ponies born in this world. And this species held an empire that took over the whole world, but not with violence. Though their magic is very strong, equal to that the of the First Gods/Goddesses, they were a very peaceful race, but that doesn't mean they couldn't defend themselves. This type of magic is something that all three races could learn and master. It requires no mana or energy of any kind. But it does require a pony to learn the language of this magic. Once learned, the magic will grow more powerful the more the pony's both mind and physical prowess grows. This is the kind of magic I deal with, the magic of the Second Ancient Species, or the Calrinium. Oh and this magic is nothing more than a language both the Kalrunia, the First, and the First Gods used. It is words of power." Bane breathes a bit. "Does that answer your question, or are you still curious? Because I would like to give you a bit of history lesson if you wish."
As Time passes by, so does the winds of the Storms, the water of the Seas, and the rock of the Earth. As all things go, from Life to Death, the sands of Time passes by. ~ Bane Emural

Winds

"Hmm, the Old Empire, right? Basically when you are casting a spell you are just speaking in the language of ages past. Yes..." She lowered her head to analyse it in her head but motioned the older pony to continue. The young pony herself had researched several things of ages past, all very interesting. She was willing to hear more, yes.

Bane Emural

"Well the language was first used by the First Gods/Goddesses, the ones who created the worlds when Time was born. When our world was born, the First Gods created a species of ponies known as the Kalrunia, or the First. The Kalrunia are just like ponies are today but socialized with both mortal and immortals and spoke the language of the First Gods. Back then, this language held no power because both sides understood each other very well with both mind and body. That is until the First asked the First Gods to make them live longer. And so the First Gods gave them what they have wanted, for a price. When the new generation are born, they will live for 1,000 years. If they die, they will perish from Time forever. The First accepted this and  soon died after a new species were born, The Calrinium, The Second."

Bane breathes a bit and continues on. "The Calrinium, or the Ancients as I like to call them, are ponies who spoke both the language of the First and their own language, which the Third uses today. Because of this, the language of the First became filled with power. This became the magic of the Ancients, the power of which they used to defend themselves or applied for personal uses. The Ancients lived for a much longer time, this led from a nation to an Empire; however, unlike most empires in the past, they did not use force to forcefully submit other races under their will, instead they used peaceful and harmonizing methods. Time passes and the Ancient Empire grew bigger and bigger. And so did their knowledge of technology. The Ancients have built many inventions, machines, and newer methods of harnessing power. One of the accomplishments that helped the Ancients achieved this was the discovery of a magical but unstable power source, a crystallized, recycling mana crystal. A crystal that absorbs mana and energy from its surroundings and recycle it into a power to which it can be used for all eternity. This type of power source was unstable so it was dealt with great care, for even the slightest crack could cause an explosion of magical energy, this was capable of erasing one's entire existence into nothing. The Ancients harvested these crystals and harness their powers to power their machines and their cities. Finally, the Ancient Empire has stood against time itself and ruled over the entire world. Peace was finally achieved and all lived happily in their lives. That is until one fateful incident. A large magical crystal sitting in the middle of the capitol cracked. The large magical energy exploded, destroying all life on the entire planet. This ended the Ancient Era, along with the Empire and its people. Because of this incident, the First Gods created the Third, a group of ponies that are exactly like the First but never met or socialized with the First Gods. The First Gods left, but not before burying the evidence of the Ancient Empire, erasing them from time itself. All except for a few survivors who survived the Purge and now live among the Third for all eternity, protecting the secrets of the Empire until the time is right to reveal the language of the First and their technology."

"That was the history of the Ancient Empire, the origins of the first Ancient Magic, and the origins of the Third, the ponies of today. Is there anything else you would like to know? Anything that seems unclear to you?"

Voidwalker

Cloudy lies in the grass, drawing a rough sketch of Kyslu with annotations labeling major anatomical features.
On another page in her notebook are several scribbled out riddles, and one circled riddle.
Underneath this is a rough translation into futhorc with a question mark scrawled next to it.

Maybe a little more ionization on the wings... Aaack!
Here are my OCs

Winds

"Yes, yes. I remember reading something about this..." She was about to get lost in her thoughts but came to her senses quickly, nodding. "And I'm assuming you don't work with formulas then. Well, I would like to borrow a book on the subject nevertheless." She began. "And unless we have two different classrooms, I think we will need one more teacher's desk."

This made professor Dreams remember something, crucial to her methods if anypony wanted to keep things in order. "Do we have a place where we can cast spells freely without the risk of destroying something else in the process? It has to be considerably big."

Bane Emural

"You read something about this? How can you know when the history of Ancients were buried deep underground. No such books could have been recorded, unless an Ancient has broke the oath he had committed." He gets up and walks towards Dreams. He stops and looks at her a bit. He then takes out a small cube and taps the top of it. The cube opens and a book comes out, one about formulas. He gives it to Dreams.

"Now then, as for a place for casting spells. There is none at this moment, but we could ask for one or make one of our own."

Winds

"I have my ways around books. As well as some unique ones." She looked at the bag she was carrying designed for a single book. "This is one. And yes, you should ask for one big space for practical applications of lessons. You will see that some of my spells are really destructive and I'd rather not take the risk." She then takes the book that was offered to her. "You see, every spell has a formula. It is something very noticeable if you take the time to analyse it. That's what I do, I decipher formulas and with them new spells. There are also machines and gadgets powered by certain formulas, I deal with those aswell. It is something that takes alot of time and knowledge of the subject... And its not the same as unicorn magic, its completely different." She finishes, eyeing the small cube that was now visible.

Bane Emural

Bane notices and picks up the small cube. "Curious about this? You can have one if you want, that way you can carry pretty much everything you need in this tiny little cube. A very handy Ancient gadget." He puts away his own and takes out an empty cube. He gives it to Dreams. "I am going to go and ask the secretary if they have any large spaces for spell usage, and ask for a second teacher's desk. You can start setting up, but try not to mess with the rails." He points to the rails above us. There is a cart with a bucket of water. "I don't anything going wrong with it. And I certainly don't want it to stop working when students start to doze off." Bane walks out the door and heads towards the secretary's office.

Winds

"Thanks, but I got some research to do and I'd prefer doing that over playing with a cart." She began, but realized that she was only talking to herself as Bane had already left the room. "Hmph, is he teasing me be because of my age now... whatever." So much for a quick look, but according to her schedule it would be a while till her class so time wasn't really a problem. She sighed, and moved out of the classroom towards the teachers' lounge. Reaching the door Nightstar went inside, taking a seat and taking out the little cube that the professor had given her, analysing it more closely. She was completely oblivious to her surroundings and did not know if other professors or staff members were there with her.

Bane Emural

The vault cube looks nothing more than a small cube with Ancient designed carved into the metal. It doesn't seem to have an opening. The top part of it is a circular, glass-like material showing nothing but darkness inside. The cube radiates a faint magical energy.

----------

Bane walks into the secretary's office. "Excuse me, is there a room or a place available to use spells and magic for lessons such as combat?"

Go Up