Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Midnight Breeze

Dang, my orientation day for Amazon fell during working hours. I rescinded my application.

If I could have gone to orientation outside working hours then I would have gone just to make them pay me for it and then quit before starting work proper. Cause I'm evil, heart blacker than Don Cheadle.

Pipkin

Cut open my ankle this morning and now I feel nauseated.  Also I work in half an hour.  Oh joy!

Midnight Breeze

My nephew hates cops. He says they have a bad attitude, don't respect him, and fine and ticket him for everything.

I think a certain clip from the movie Liar Liar applies here.

If you're having run-ins with the police that often then the problem is you, not them. Stop speeding 15 over the limit everywhere you go and maybe you'll stop getting speeding tickets. Unorthodox suggestion, I know.

I've been stopped by the police maybe 4 times in my 8 years of driving. I've had one speeding ticket in my life when I was in Baton Rouge. 2 other times I was let off with a warning because I was respectful to the officers. 1 time I got stopped by a couple of power-hungry bad eggs who teed me off, but I don't hold a grudge against all cops because of that.

This is why we need to adjust traffic fines based on the offender's income like the do in some European countries. My nephew clears 60k a year at is plumbing job. a 50 dollar speeding ticket is chump change to him. I'll bet if he was hit with a $2000 fine every time he got stopped he'd get the message.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2015 Dec 06, 02:48:28
1 time I got stopped by a couple of power-hungry bad eggs who teed me off, but I don't hold a grudge against all cops because of that.

^^^^^^^
Exactly, there are bad cops out there, but most cops aren't bad.
Though, to be honest, I don't like to call the bad cops "cops". To me, they're bullies wearing police uniforms. =P A true police officer doesn't abuse their power and push civilians around. We shouldn't have to worry about a cop throwing a tantrum just because we weren't 100% polite or just because we asked a question.

Though, apparently, my area has a long, long history of lots of crooked cops.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Lightning Spark

Youtubers that play a puzzle game and take hours to finish just ONE puzzle while it only took you 1 minute.
IT ANNOYS ME SO MUCH.

There is always something in life you can enjoy, even the smallest of things

Lync Volan

2015 Dec 06, 07:47:46 #17765 Last Edit: 2015 Dec 06, 08:10:01 by Lync Volan
Quote from: Sweet Brew on 2015 Dec 03, 23:35:39
I thought about just dying mine blonde and covering part of my face with it in case I get shy I can hide behind it.
I dunno...
I don't want to look like an anime fanboy, 'cause truth be told anime doesn't really interest me.
I want something casual that looks like it could be natural as well.

But...eh...seems pretty hard to get done.

Ehhh i actually love bangs! i also love anime but that isn't exactly why i love bangs to be honest, it could be the fact that i simply don't like showing my forehead which could be cause peeps used to lift my hair up and laugh at me in school but i can't be sure, subconscious thoughts or what not?
Funny thing is all my family members seems to like pulling there hair back  X3

Quote from: Sweet Brew on 2015 Dec 04, 03:03:01
Is it normal for a guy to want to dye his hair blond?
Or is that weird? :(

I don't want to give off the wrong message to. lol
"Blonde" is actually my least liked hair color weather its on a boy or a girl which is strange FOR ME since i actually really like a bunch of blonde peeps, Ross/Zack & Cody/Jesse Mccartney which just goes to show that kinda stuff never effected who i liked or not but just out of curiosity, how does anyone send a "Message" with hair color? i know if you wanna look peppy coloring your hair bright is one thing but that's all i can think of at the moment 

Post Merge

this might sound repetitive but i'm honestly getting really tired of Facebook being so slow, i have a bunch of friends messaging me and i'm obligated to reply to them and i feel like i'm letting them down for not talking to them as much as i usually do, plus i got a bunch of things i gotta ask on my groups, i'm starting to feel violent towards my computer DD:!

On a side note my dad started this thing were i sit with him and listen to some youtube videos to learn how to speak our family's lang, thing is i don't mind giving my all for these things but i keep asking "what makes him think i can actually learn any of that or at least enough to actually talk it" but he keeps finding a way around my question, i mean i haven't accomplished much over my years so i really wanna know, the support is nice i guess though

Post Merge

Quote from: Princess Darcy on 2015 Dec 05, 11:28:28
Cut open my ankle this morning and now I feel nauseated.  Also I work in half an hour.  Oh joy!
i just googled that cause it made me think of what my cousin had on his ankle a long time ago, i wasn't sure if it was just my imagination back then but i could have sworn his ankle was somehow "Open"and now that you confirmed that its possible well i guess it wasn't my imagination 

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Dec 06, 07:04:00
Exactly, there are bad cops out there, but most cops aren't bad.
Though, to be honest, I don't like to call the bad cops "cops". To me, they're bullies wearing police uniforms. =P A true police officer doesn't abuse their power and push civilians around. We shouldn't have to worry about a cop throwing a tantrum just because we weren't 100% polite or just because we asked a question.

Though, apparently, my area has a long, long history of lots of crooked cops.

You know I just realized I've yet to be stopped by the police since I came to Texas, despite the stereotypes of Texas police.

Though that's probably because I don't give the police any reason to stop me. I wear my seatbelt. I obey the speed limit. I signal my turns. I come to a full stop at stop signs.

I've seen a looooot of people who need to be taken off the road, though. I don't know how people can develop such terrible driving habits as what I see just about every time I get on the freeway and not get their license revoked. And it's always ALWAYS a big pickup truck. I don't think I've ever seen anyone blaring down the freeway at 20 MPH over the limit swerving in and out of traffic without signaling and not be driving a 4x4. Maybe it's just confirmation bias on my part causing selective memory.

Just last week I was driving back toward the city from Denton and I was stuck in bumper-to-bumper gridlock traffic for a good half hour due to an accident on the highway. All of the sudden some self-entitled tool who though he was too good to wait in traffic like everyone else comes blaring down the shoulder at 60 MPH in a jack up F-150 with coal roller stacks.

Where's the police when you need them?

Sweet Brew

Getting sick... :x
*Sad pone noises* :c

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Lightning Spark on 2015 Dec 06, 07:25:18
Youtubers that play a puzzle game and take hours to finish just ONE puzzle while it only took you 1 minute.
IT ANNOYS ME SO MUCH.

Let's Players have problems figuring things out because they're splitting their attention. You were just focusing on the game and figuring out the puzzle, whereas they have to try to figure out the puzzle while reminding themselves to keep talking to the audience and try to keep the video interesting to watch.

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2015 Dec 06, 09:36:00
You know I just realized I've yet to be stopped by the police since I came to Texas, despite the stereotypes of Texas police.

Though that's probably because I don't give the police any reason to stop me. I wear my seatbelt. I obey the speed limit. I signal my turns. I come to a full stop at stop signs.

I've seen a looooot of people who need to be taken off the road, though. I don't know how people can develop such terrible driving habits as what I see just about every time I get on the freeway and not get their license revoked. And it's always ALWAYS a big pickup truck. I don't think I've ever seen anyone blaring down the freeway at 20 MPH over the limit swerving in and out of traffic without signaling and not be driving a 4x4. Maybe it's just confirmation bias on my part causing selective memory.

Just last week I was driving back toward the city from Denton and I was stuck in bumper-to-bumper gridlock traffic for a good half hour due to an accident on the highway. All of the sudden some self-entitled tool who though he was too good to wait in traffic like everyone else comes blaring down the shoulder at 60 MPH in a jack up F-150 with coal roller stacks.

Where's the police when you need them?

Oh yeah. We have terrible drivers here. :l
I kinda wonder if it has to do with the fact that you can get your driver's license at age 18 and skip the "learner's permit" thing. I accidentally did that. X3 We thought it was a learner's permit until we took a closer look.

Midnight Breeze

I think I've wrapped my head around why apartments never supply washers and dryers in the unit like they do every other appliance. Even when they have a full suite of other appliances (dishwasher, microwave, ect) and have washer/dryer connections they never provide the appliance itself, you always have to buy your own.

It's because the dang washer is so prone to malfunction and flooding the place out if not properly maintained. If the washer dryers belonged to the complex then they would be responsible for maintaining them and they'd have to pay for any water damage to the unit that results from busted drain hoses and the like. Rather than paying someone to go around checking them they'd rather just not deal with it and leave it up to the tenant. By making the tenant have their own washer it puts all the responsibility on the tenant, and if something goes wrong the tenant's renter insurance has to pay for it.

"Your washer flooded my apartment and caused untold water damage? That's YOUR fault! You'd better have good insurance!"

I've seen exactly one apartment complex that had washer/dryer in unit. I almost rented there, but it was just ever so slightly out of my affordability range.

Pipkin

I have a washer and dryer in my house......hasn't worked since I moved in October 31st, but it's there.

I got a text from the landlord the part came in last week.  Only took 3 weeks for the part to SHOW UP.  Maybe it'll be fixed by the new year

Lync Volan

Ugh! i keep hitting my bad toes on things either outside or inside my own house, i don't even hit them hard but since there already so messed up it hurts like crazy that i actually bend down in pain DD:

when i go outside i have to put cotton around my toes so i can wear shoes but when i bump stuff it hurts like crazy! i just woke up today and hit my toe on one of my soft very light slippers but it still hurt like crazy! going to the doctor didn't fix it, the problem just came back again but i plan to go there so i can at least sooth the pain a little every now and then cause the problem has to do with long nails i guess and i can't go to a regular nail cutting place cause i need pain killers or something

Chishio Kunrin

I feel the need to repeat something in frustration, and this is the best place I can do it, so...

Spoiler: RWBY spoilers • show
Cinder could already choose the matches before Ironwood connected his Scroll to Ozpin's computer!
Cinder could already choose the matches before that
CINDER COULD ALREADY CHOOSE THE MATCHES BEFORE THAT
CINDER. COULD. ALREADY. CHOOSE. THE MATCHES. BEFORE THAT!!!!!!!

Ironwood's Scroll had nothing to do with that! I swear, if I see anyone else saying that his Scroll getting infected gave her access to choose the matches, after the new episode has shown us what it really did, I might scream!! It was implied beforehand that she was already choosing the matches, considering she and Emerald said they knew JNPR was going to win their match. That, and the way Cinder said she'd get everything ready sounded like she had already done it before and that Mercury and Emerald knew exactly what she was talking about.

She was already choosing the matches before Ironwood's Scroll got infected with the virus!!!

Stardust Dragon

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Dec 08, 00:54:51
I feel the need to repeat something in frustration, and this is the best place I can do it, so...

Spoiler: RWBY spoilers • show
Cinder could already choose the matches before Ironwood connected his Scroll to Ozpin's computer!
CINDER COULD ALREADY CHOOSE THE MATCHES BEFORE THAT
CINDER. COULD. ALREADY. CHOOSE. THE MATCHES. BEFORE THAT!!!!!!!

Ironwood's Scroll had nothing to do with that! I swear, if I see anyone else saying that his Scroll getting infected gave her access to choose the matches, after the new episode has shown us what it really did, I might scream!! It was implied beforehand that she was already choosing the matches, considering she and Emerald said they knew JNPR was going to win their match. That, and the way Cinder said she'd get everything ready sounded like she had already done it before and that Mercury and Emerald knew exactly what she was talking about.

She was already choosing the matches before Ironwood's Scroll got infected with the virus!!!

Spoiler: show
Well now I feel like an idiot.  I thought she'd somehow got the bug on Ironwood's scroll and it transferred to Ozpin's computer.  Don't ask me how I thought she'd managed that, because I don't have an answer.  At least I recognized the significance of the rook on the screen before it was spelled out to the audience, and that was even considering the fact I completely forgot about seeing her upload the thing in Dance Dance Infiltration.  I may need to just rewatch the whole series over winter break and see what other continuity I've missed/forgotten.

Also a minor niggle: I wasn't a fan of Neon exactly, the genki-girl and mid-battle taunting combo just doesn't sit well with me (and something about her face bugged me), but she is meant to be a cat Faunus, right?  If so can Faunus be born with more than one animal trait, such as ears and a tail?  I had assumed she was a monkey like Sun (which still fit the agility motif in my head) until TVTropes pointed out the obvious Nyan Cat reference.  :facehoof:

Night Pony

Quote from: Stardust Dragon on 2015 Dec 08, 03:27:14
Well now I feel like an idiot.  I thought she'd somehow got the bug on Ironwood's scroll and it transferred to Ozpin's computer.  Don't ask me how I thought she'd managed that, because I don't have an answer.  At least I recognized the significance of the rook on the screen before it was spelled out to the audience, and that was even considering the fact I completely forgot about seeing her upload the thing in Dance Dance Infiltration.  I may need to just rewatch the whole series over winter break and see what other continuity I've missed/forgotten.

Also a minor niggle: I wasn't a fan of Neon exactly, the genki-girl and mid-battle taunting combo just doesn't sit well with me (and something about her face bugged me), but she is meant to be a cat Faunus, right?  If so can Faunus be born with more than one animal trait, such as ears and a tail?  I had assumed she was a monkey like Sun (which still fit the agility motif in my head) until TVTropes pointed out the obvious Nyan Cat reference.  :facehoof:

I think she might be more of a cheshire cat than a nyan cat if she is a faunus.

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Stardust Dragon on 2015 Dec 08, 03:27:14

'Tis a Black Queen, I think. I mean, the message Ozpin got from Qrow at the end of Volume 1 said "Queen has pawns" so it fits if the piece is a Queen.

So far, it seems that Faunus can only have one physical animal trait. Blake has cat ears, Velvet has rabbit ears, Sun has a monkey tail, various background Faunus have animal ears, there was a White Fang member who had tusks... Neon does seem to be a cat. I guess the end of her tail being lighter is supposed to reflect that. And yeah, I think we were meant to find her annoying and dislike her.

Quote from: Night Pony on 2015 Dec 08, 03:47:11
I think she might be more of a cheshire cat than a nyan cat if she is a faunus.

Nah, she's definitely Nyan Cat, with the way she trails a rainbow behind her everywhere she goes. Fits with the music theme of Team FNKI, where Flynt is jazz and Neon seems to be J-Pop or something like that.

Night Pony

Oooh, Neon. I thought you guys were talking about Neo.

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Howitzer

LoE not working as it should? Submit bugs here: http://phabricator.legendsofequestria.com/maniphest/task/edit/form/1/
------->  Jurassic Systems <-----------

Stardust Dragon

Quote from: Howitzer on 2015 Dec 08, 16:30:38
People.

Generally I'd ask for an elaboration, but on this one I feel ya.

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Dec 08, 09:49:05
'Tis a Black Queen, I think. I mean, the message Ozpin got from Qrow at the end of Volume 1 said "Queen has pawns" so it fits if the piece is a Queen.

So far, it seems that Faunus can only have one physical animal trait. Blake has cat ears, Velvet has rabbit ears, Sun has a monkey tail, various background Faunus have animal ears, there was a White Fang member who had tusks... Neon does seem to be a cat. I guess the end of her tail being lighter is supposed to reflect that. And yeah, I think we were meant to find her annoying and dislike her.

I remembered that Queen line from S1 at least, but when I figured the bug had been put on Ironwood's scroll (again, I mistook it being on there in the first place), I assumed it was a continuation of the motif, where Ironwood was her (unknowing) rook.  Looking at the still again, it's definitely a queen instead.  Oops.

Lync Volan

These "lessons" i've been doing for the past view weeks still feels like i'm not getting anywhere, i'm most likely overexaggerating but i can't help myself :l
Someone who is bluntly insulting me is calling me a jerk for some reason X3

Go Up