Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Stardust Dragon

2015 Dec 09, 00:43:16 #17780 Last Edit: 2015 Dec 09, 02:43:08 by Stardust Dragon
So a big, long old storm just started rolling into where I'm at school and I just discovered that the carpets next to the outer wall of my (second floor) dorm room are damp.  I've dabbed up what I can and have submitted a work order to campus maintenance, but me being paranoid I'm not sure if there's something else I need to do.  My windows are shut and it seems like the walls are dry, leading me to believe there's something happening underneath the floor.  And here I was laughing at the raging downspout that was splattering all over my window earlier today...This storm is going to be here for at least a bit longer, which worries me even more.

Update: So I called my RA and set off a chain of events that seems to have discovered that said downspout from earlier might be the result of the problem.  Also apparently, other rooms have discovered water issues in the floor as well.  And apparently mine is the least drowned at the moment.  Which leads into a different annoyance: how was I the one who reported this?!  The RA was surprised and worried when he saw my floor, meaning he wasn't aware of this before I showed him the first time.

Also in my defense, I was laughing at the downspout earlier because I kept hearing something bash against my window and I worried it was something far worse, like a branch in the wind hitting my window with a decent amount of force.  I guess it's a good thing I noticed it earlier, since it may have helped isolate what the heck is trying to flood my second-story room!

Midnight Breeze

Lync Volan

Spoiler: show
I have been begging for it but...
Trixie didn't show up for season 5 D:!
(still enjoyed it though)

Midnight Breeze

I just bought a new car and I think I got had. After looking up the car on KBB it would seem I paid about $800 above fair purchase price.  ono

I should probably just take the fact that I got the loan for 0% interest and run with it, but still...

LostSanity

Spoiler: show
The possibility that I might quit the brony fandom and quit watching MLP: FiM

:'(
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Chishio Kunrin

I just learned that the Final Fantasy 7 remake might come out... in parts. This concerns me. :s

Their reasoning is that, if they release it in parts, they won't have to cut any of the content they want to include, and that's great reasoning, but... I don't like the idea of having to pay for several parts just to get the whole game. You know what I mean? So, I hope that it's something that's just a one-time payment. That, or each part is relatively cheap, with the price and the amount of content being well-balanced, so I'm not paying a higher price than it's worth. I also don't want the sum of the parts to add up to costing more than the standard $60 for a complete game. :/

But hey... it's being made in Unreal Engine 4. Awesome, huh? x3 And it looks like it'll have a Kingdom Hearts style battle system. *Tries to look on the bright side*

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Night Pony

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Dec 11, 23:09:03
I just learned that the Final Fantasy 7 remake might come out... in parts. This concerns me. :s

Their reasoning is that, if they release it in parts, they won't have to cut any of the content they want to include, and that's great reasoning, but... I don't like the idea of having to pay for several parts just to get the whole game. You know what I mean? So, I hope that it's something that's just a one-time payment. That, or each part is relatively cheap, with the price and the amount of content being well-balanced, so I'm not paying a higher price than it's worth. I also don't want the sum of the parts to add up to costing more than the standard $60 for a complete game. :/

But hey... it's being made in Unreal Engine 4. Awesome, huh? x3 And it looks like it'll have a Kingdom Hearts style battle system. *Tries to look on the bright side*

You could always wait for every part to be released and then make the decision to buy it or not. Plus I'm sure someone will make 'buy all parts' kind of a deal.

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Chromastone64

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Dec 11, 23:09:03

They've stated that each episode will be the size of a full game. Sadly, that makes me wonder how much each episode is going to cost...
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

LeviathanTS

br /><br />Alastor created the amazing banner of the Chat-O-Landians! 8)
(Peace Keeper originally created my pfp, but it has since broken :( Hi, I'm Frost Burn, I like to help if I can! if you need me, I'm here :D

Sweet Brew

Reeeelaps!
So, I just got over a horrible flu, but now I'm feeling worse...
My nostril passages have an infection so my throat is all sore now.

It's all 'cause of the phlegm, which means no sugar, or milk.

I know I love Black Tea...but not that kind of black...

Lync Volan

When my cousins came over yesterday i somehow ended up talking about my issues, hope i didn't annoy them too much :c

Midnight Breeze

The fact that my car has a keyhole on the driver door door...but no key. What the... o.O

Chishio Kunrin

*Sees a bunch of people exploding about the D23 Japan Kingdom Hearts 3 trailer footage being shown in a Youtube video*
O:
*Looks it up, finds an article with the Youtube video*
:3
*Sees it says to skip to 1:25... in a video that's, like, 1:35 long*
o.O
*Skips to 1:20*
*Finds out that it's just a 10-second clip of something we already saw an officially released screenshot of in action*
*Deflates*
:c

.... I mean, that attraction flow is pretty with the pew pew laser blasts and all, but... *Sigh* I just want to see the trailer. I heard they showed a bunch of new stuff in it and it was really cool. :s

Sweet Brew

So, if you remember my last couple of posts you might have guessed that I got sick...
Well, turns out I got pneumonia... Thankfully our Medicaid paid for my trip to the doctor, because if I had even waiting 2-3 more days they said I would have needed to go to the hospital!

I got like...5 different types of meds for swarms of things.
Marry Christmas, Brew!

Chromastone64

Spoiler: Rant time • show
I'm sick of it.
My dad has to ruin EVERYTHING.
If I get exited and god forbid have FUN when my best friend is around, he shouts and swears.
If I'm in the middle of a great moment in a game's story (coughBOTHFINALBOSSESOFUNDERTALEcough), he always shows up and rants and swears at us to do something he's too dang lazy to do, ruining the moment for me.
Smash Bros. is one of my favourite series ever. They JUST ended the stream. A character I NEVER thought would get in won the ballot (not saying I hate the character). Naturally, as most fans would do, I yell "WHAT?!" happily. What next, when I'm watching the FINAL LIVESTREAM for Smash Bros.?
My dad yells "SHUT UP" down the length of the WHOLE FREAKING HOUSE.
Spoiler: Super rant time • show
OH THAT'S FAIR. YOU TELL ME TO SHUT UP, WHEN YOU'RE THE ONE WHO'S CONSTANTLY YELLING AT CLASH OF KINGS OR WHATEVER STUPID FACEBOOK GAME YOU PLAY WHEN I'M TRYING TO SLEEP! OF COURSE YOU'RE ALLOWED TO SHOUT AT THE TOP OF YOUR LUNGS WHENEVER SOMEONE SCORES A GOAL IN FOOTBALL, BUT ME?! OH, I SHOULD JUST SHUT UP. GOD FORBID ME FROM BEING ALLOWED TO GET EXITED FOR SOMETHING. WELL, THANKS A LOT; YOU JUST RUINED THE FINAL FREAKING LIVESTREAM!!!

So, anyone else get a chance to actually ENJOY something big recently?
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Pipkin

Tomorrow's my Windows config exam.....I know i'll fail it, like 3/4 of my class.

Oh well

Midnight Breeze

Oh my Gooooooooood, I've been paying high car insurance rates for nothing for the past 6 months. I thought I had an at-fault accident on my record and reported it as such on my policy for July-December 2015. (I didn't want to get dropped for lying.)

Well I just switched to Geico and it turns out the minor accident had actually been reported on my driving record as "Not at fault/ non-serious", so Progressive only charged me more based on my self-report, not my driving record.

I'm now paying $15 less each month for coverage with smaller deductibles and uninsured motorist coverage on a brand new car...go figure. I probably would have only been paying $60 a month for full coverage on my old car if I hadn't practically handed my insurance company money they didn't deserve.

Lync Volan

Again i'll be going to the doctor to get my feet "fixed" instead of just living with it like i planed to do after the several times we went to the doctor to get them fixed and it didn't work, this time i'm freaking out again because there doing something new again DD:!

on a side note, i'm getting really tired of these peeps with baby photos on facebook always posting inappropriate things in my cartoon fb groups

Chishio Kunrin

When I'm curious and interested in seeing something (a show or movie or a Let's Play of a video game), but I've heard some things about it, so I'm really nervous about it and end up stalling before I finally check it out, only to find it's not quite as bad as I thought it'd be.

Chromastone64

YouTube's New mobile "update" has made it impossible to do anything. There's not even any search history now...

Go Up