Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Nightshade Star

Man, I just hate it when someone thinks that Japanese is Chinese. THEY ARE SO DIFFERENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Nightshade Star on 2015 Jun 16, 17:07:55
Man, I just hate it when someone thinks that Japanese is Chinese. THEY ARE SO DIFFERENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel sad that I can't come up with an adequate comparison using America. Maybe then Americans would understand why it's wrong to consider Asian countries as all being the same. They all speak different languages and have different cultures.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Lync Volan

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Jun 16, 17:37:32
I feel sad that I can't come up with an adequate comparison using America. Maybe then Americans would understand why it's wrong to consider Asian countries as all being the same. They all speak different languages and have different cultures.
Its all too complicated i just like considering the fact we all live on earth

Sweet Brew

Julius

I may have spent the entire night watching all the E3 conferences even though I work from noon to nine today. :ajshifty:
Purr~

Azazial M. Rodriquez

Another thing is when a guy gets so cocky that he tries to pick a fight with you and then whines about it when he loses or he just talks smack about you behind your back

Chromastone64

A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Midnight Breeze

There may not be much opportunity for advancement in plant work...poop. They're hiring fewer and fewer career mail handlers as the years go on, non-career service time is increasing. Some people have been in the non-career workforce for 5+ years still waiting on conversion.

Well dang, I might just have to suck it up and become a carrier...assuming they don't get replaced with flying drones or something. I want to retire at age 70. So I need to make career by no later than 30 so I can get in my 40 years.

Lync Volan

When i use Google image search and come up with noting well searching for the Original art poster so i can get a higher graphic picture

Midnight Breeze

It feels so dehumanizing to be barred from so many things because of a history of depression. For God's sake, it's not like I'm mentally unstable. I fell into depression when I was 20 because my life was going nowhere and I had literally nothing - No job, no friends, no money, no life. Any human being on the planet would be depressed in those circumstances, yet apparently that's enough to flag me for 'mental health concerns'.

Where's my disability check? If this country thinks I'm too crazy to do anything useful then apparently I'm mentally disabled.

Chishio Kunrin

I just let my friend's cat out of our garage because he was yelling about being cooped up, and it started thundering. I forgot Texas is being hit by a tropical storm so we're gonna get a lot of storms. I'm gonna have to put him back in the garage, or he's gonna have to get some sense and head back there himself when it starts raining. The door is propped open, but he just heads to the patio instead. Blegh.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Randam Saiko

When I'm free, everyone is busy doing something else. But when i get dragged into something, suddenly, every wants me to join them.

Emit, you mischievous little...
My OCs

Lync Volan

Quote from: Randam Saiko on 2015 Jun 18, 15:32:54
When I'm free, everyone is busy doing something else. But when i get dragged into something, suddenly, every wants me to join them.
I'm free all the time but no one wants to drag me to do anything
pointless free time is annoying

Chromastone64

My collage is good. Except for one thing.
Our sub teacher.
He doesn't know how to teach, plain and simple. He sits on his phone, walks around like he has a pole for a spine, dresses like a military commander most of the time, and he's meant to be covering our animation/photography lessons.
The last few weeks, we have spent those lessons sitting around, doing nothing.
We've reported it, and now we're protesting his "lessons" by not going at all. Now, take this into account. The lessons I would have had today if I went in:
Gaming (finished course, no need to go), English (Recent exam, not allowed to teach us, not allowed to go), Photography (Hour plus of sitting around doing nothing, ABSOLUTLY no need to go), Gaming (ditto of first).
WOW, WHAT A PRODUCTIVE DAY OF LEARNING. Seriously, I'm making my own (small) video game, and learning more from doing an hour of that then I learn all day. Tomorrow, I'm going in, but only to keep my attendance up.
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2015 Jun 18, 18:57:31
My collage is good. Except for one thing.
Our sub teacher.
He doesn't know how to teach, plain and simple. He sits on his phone, walks around like he has a pole for a spine, dresses like a military commander most of the time, and he's meant to be covering our animation/photography lessons.
The last few weeks, we have spent those lessons sitting around, doing nothing.
We've reported it, and now we're protesting his "lessons" by not going at all. Now, take this into account. The lessons I would have had today if I went in:
Gaming (finished course, no need to go), English (Recent exam, not allowed to teach us, not allowed to go), Photography (Hour plus of sitting around doing nothing, ABSOLUTLY no need to go), Gaming (ditto of first).
WOW, WHAT A PRODUCTIVE DAY OF LEARNING. Seriously, I'm making my own (small) video game, and learning more from doing an hour of that then I learn all day. Tomorrow, I'm going in, but only to keep my attendance up.

I didn't know my supervisor taunt university in his spare time...

Nightshade Star

People who are trying to be Innocent, but they caused the thing...

Lync Volan

When i look up info about a video game i'm playing so i can unlock areas and stuff cause it makes me feel like a dirty cheater DD:!
(i still have no idea how i missed that huge screen with a key card reader in that one room)

Chromastone64

Quote from: Lync Volan on 2015 Jun 18, 19:28:33
When i look up info about a video game i'm playing so i can unlock areas and stuff cause it makes me feel like a dirty cheater DD:!
(i still have no idea how i missed that huge screen with a key card reader in that one room)

I've done worse than that; there's a boss I've never been able to beat, so much so that I had to resort to exploiting a glitch in the A.I to beat it.

Stardust Dragon

Whenever you have your muse, you have a grand and glorious train of thought with the most eloquent narrative you've ever come up with...and there aren't writing implements or your computer handy.  >:(  My phone doesn't have a great word processor and sometimes the cliffnotes I do think to take just don't flow like they were as I was thinking them...that, and since I'm very personal about my writing, it's not exactly something I feel like I can write about with lots of people around, even if my notes are secluded.

Midnight Breeze

I've come to the conclusion that middle-agers are completely and totally useless for financial advice these days. Anytime I talk to them it becomes more and more clear that the entire age group is trapped in some 1970s time warp. Whenever I talk to them about anything economic they give me useless, outdated advice and condescending opinions. It's as if they think the world is exactly the same as it was 30 years ago. I have met exactly ONE exception: My union steward. For most, including my mom and stepdad, it goes something like this:

"I can't believe kids they days aren't happy with minimum wage. I wish I had made $7.25 an hour at my first job, I only made $1.95!"

"You're paying $600 a month for your apartment? No wonder you're broke, you live in a palace. I only paid $50 a month for my first apartment. You kids need to learn to live within your means."

"Kids just aren't looking hard enough for jobs. Anyone can get a job if they just look for one. Me and all my friends had jobs when we are 16."

"Help you with college tuition? Oh, you kids are so spoiled! I worked hard all summer long to pay for my college tuition!"

"Young people are so entitled expecting the government to pay for their healthcare. Nobody ever gave me free healthcare, I paid 3% of my income for health insurance since the day I turned 18."

Go Up