Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2015 May 18, 03:03:11
Spoiler: show

How about the old classic:

I was always thankful for the teachers who had enough sense to go "How many of you learned this last year? Okay, we'll go over it for those of you who didn't."

Some teachers even ended up memorizing which teachers taught which lessons, apparently. My Pre-Calculus teacher asked us "How many of you had Mrs. (name I don't remember 'cause I didn't have her) last year?"

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Sakura_Blossom

2015 May 19, 07:11:02 #16161 Last Edit: 2015 May 19, 07:16:22 by Sakura_Blossom
Speaking of school...

And for my English class:

Naura

Every teacher I have ever had (except this year)

So glad that the teachers I got this year always let me do my presentations for only them, except one teacher, but that is because I have to do it or I'll get an F.
Feel free to check out my [URL=http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11982.0]Oc page[/URL]!

Sunshine Smash

Speaking of teachers... My Russian teacher gave us an exam that was nothing like every other test we've done. So of course everyone failed. Our teachers excuse? "You shouldn't expect the same test every time." WHAT!? WHAT!? SO YOU'RE TELLING ME THAT WE SHOULDN'T EXPECT THE SAME THING YOU'VE LITERALLY GIVEN US EVERY OTHER TIME!? Well then of course we're going to fail! We barely had enough time to study as is!

Deep inside..... We're kindred spirits...... You..... And I......

Midnight Breeze

I deal with terrible management at work, then come how to terrible management at my apartment complex. I'm surrounded by incompetence on all sides.

Sunshine Smash

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2015 May 19, 08:23:27
I deal with terrible management at work, then come how to terrible management at my apartment complex. I'm surrounded by incompetence on all sides.

I feel you. Not many people in my classes are very competent. Always talking to each other in class. Really bugs me.

Deep inside..... We're kindred spirits...... You..... And I......

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Sunshine Smash on 2015 May 19, 08:59:35
I feel you. Not many people in my classes are very competent. Always talking to each other in class. Really bugs me.

Actually I love my coworkers. It's the supidvisors I can't stand. I swear the USPS has got to be the most toxic work environment I've ever seen. Noncareer employees are treated worse than dirt. We're expected to magically do everything right the first time despite getting basically no training. I thought it was just my locale, but from everything I've read in the internet it's a nationwide thing. Why do we stay? Because it's the only job where a man with no skills, education, or experience can start out on 16 bucks an hour with full benefits, guaranteed raises, and near-immunity from layoffs.

Management is too lazy and incompetent to make a schedule in advance, so the stupidvisors just schedule EVERY pse/mha for EVERY day and then send us home if we're unneeded. After we just got up and the buttcrack of dawn and wasted time commuting. I'm gonna bend over and take it until I'm off probation, if my stupidvisor keeps pulling that BS then I'm gonna rush into the plant and clock in without talking to anybody. Then if he tries to send me home I'll just say "I'm guaranteed 4" and then sit in the breakroom for 4 hours eating cupcakes and watching football at full salary. We'll see how long that practice lasts.

Blizzard_Frost

People in class who read really slow

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Naura on 2015 May 19, 08:01:56
Every teacher I have ever had (except this year)

So glad that the teachers I got this year always let me do my presentations for only them, except one teacher, but that is because I have to do it or I'll get an F.

Nevermind the fact that some people have anxiety problems, and if you force them to talk in front of a bunch of people, they might have an anxiety attack.

That's one thing I hate about the fact that the high school I attended requires you to take a Speech class in order to graduate. Don't even come to me with the "It'll help people get over their fear of talking to people, considering you have to talk to people in every job you get" stuff. In Speech, you don't talk to people, you deliver a speech. Not every job is gonna have you doing some kind of public speaking event all the time.

Elphyda

This messed me up so bad.  I was a mute in school.

Chibalt

Quote from: AnthroYuu on 2015 May 19, 11:53:31

This messed me up so bad.  I was a mute in school.

Another kind of tests I absolutely DESPISE: Creative writing or whatever they call it, basically it's a language test, that functions absolutely horrendously for people who can't just, oh, I dunno, turn on and off creativity like a lightswitch, those kinds of tests are infuriating to me just in concept, particularly when I for example have by far the best english in class, but I got only about middle of the board because I'm a horrible writer, WRITER, not bad with the language itself.
My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11833.msg777677#msg777677
Don't be afraid to make suggestions regarding any of the characters there if you have some.

Elphyda

Quote from: Chibalt on 2015 May 19, 12:12:07
Another kind of tests I absolutely DESPISE: Creative writing or whatever they call it, basically it's a language test, that functions absolutely horrendously for people who can't just, oh, I dunno, turn on and off creativity like a lightswitch, those kinds of tests are infuriating to me just in concept, particularly when I for example have by far the best english in class, but I got only about middle of the board because I'm a horrible writer, WRITER, not bad with the language itself.

I know that feel very well.  Thankfully, I am a fairly creative person, but when it came to things like multiple choice or free response questions my mind goes blank.  :c

Chishio Kunrin

In Language Arts, I hated when the essay portion of the test had a prompt that was something along the lines of "Write about a time you" because oftentimes, the prompt asked for something I never did. They assumed that every single teenager had times like that.

Night Pony

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 May 19, 16:20:56
In Language Arts, I hated when the essay portion of the test had a prompt that was something along the lines of "Write about a time you" because oftentimes, the prompt asked for something I never did. They assumed that every single teenager had times like that.

Maybe they want you to write some science fiction? lol

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Greyscaleisme

*is a creative writer and thoroughly enjoys those tests* :ajshifty:

Finals. Just finals....
'Cause sometimes to stay alive you gotta kill your mind.

Randam Saiko

I feel you. I just make up complete lies for those types of assignments because my life is just that ordinary.

Emit, you mischievous little...
My OCs

GoldenTerrabyte

Ugh, saaaame.
I'm back

LeviathanTS

2015 May 19, 17:28:54 #16177 Last Edit: 2015 May 19, 17:39:19 by LeviathanTS
The fact that I don't have any firm idea what I want to do for a living
Even though most of the time you don't get what you want to do

Perhaps helping others?

Although my advice isn't always helpful

And I don't feel like going to a university

Post Merge

Yep I've been there as well
I'm surprised the question 'Write about a time you drove your car off the cliff' hasn't been asked yet, considering the amount of stupidity occurring amongst teenagers

and no... I did not drive a vehicle off a cliff personally, in case you are wondering

Thanks for asking
br /><br />Alastor created the amazing banner of the Chat-O-Landians! 8)
(Peace Keeper originally created my pfp, but it has since broken :( Hi, I'm Frost Burn, I like to help if I can! if you need me, I'm here :D

Randam Saiko

2015 May 19, 21:47:59 #16178 Last Edit: 2015 May 19, 21:49:39 by Randam Saiko
50% of the time, whenever I say something, seconds immediately after, it either sounded wrong or I think I sounded like a jerk despite whatever was said. This includes nothing but a string of compliments.

Emit, you mischievous little...
My OCs

Itty Bit

School in general is no fun.

Yes, I would love to go to college and get a nice job, but what's the point if I'm going to be in debt forever for paying for the classes I wanna take? What if I finish, and then realize it's not what I wanna do? What if I finish, and then can't find a job because of how hard people are making it out to be to find good jobs nowadays, and I'll still be working those minimum wage jobs, but now with a giant debt hanging above my head?

And also, thank you high school for giving me the mindset of "You have to do college immediately after high school, and if you don't know what you wanna do by the end of high school, you will fail in life." That certainly helps me feel more confident in myself. Especially 4 years later.

Go Up