Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Chromastone64

THIS. STUPID. KID. If you've seen some of the things he's done... >:O
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Jenzy

1/30/15 - Lucario amiibo releases. Toys "R" Us Exclusive. Apparently Pre-order Only.
"We'll have them up for grabs starting Sunday."
2/01/15 - No new shipment arrives...
Might have to wait 2 weeks for new shipment...

Ugh, Nintendo's not the greatest with this sort of thing, but at least I got 4 amiibo I wanted last week from Toys "R" Us's 4 amiibo for $44 sale.

LostSanity

http://www.kpopstarz.com/articles/169636/20150129/toonami-kill-la-kill-ratings.htm

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2015/01/27-1/kill-la-kill-slotted-into-a-further-reduced-toonami-schedule

Spoiler: WARNING!! CONTROVERSIAL OPINION INSIDE!! If you don't think you'll like it... then DON'T READ IT. • show
YES. THIS IS GENIUS. BECAUSE EVERYTHING ON CARTOON NETWORK AND ADULT SWIM IS JUST SO AMAZING RIGHT NOW. TOONAMI TOTALLY ISN'T THE ONLY GOOD THING ON CARTOON NETWORK RIGHT NOW.

((^^^ In case you can't tell, that's sarcasm))

Good job going back to your ANIME HATING tendencies you business inept idiots.

>:O
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: LostSanity on 2015 Feb 01, 16:29:32
http://www.kpopstarz.com/articles/169636/20150129/toonami-kill-la-kill-ratings.htm

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2015/01/27-1/kill-la-kill-slotted-into-a-further-reduced-toonami-schedule

Spoiler: WARNING!! CONTROVERSIAL OPINION INSIDE!! If you don't think you'll like it... then DON'T READ IT. • show
YES. THIS IS GENIUS. BECAUSE EVERYTHING ON CARTOON NETWORK AND ADULT SWIM IS JUST SO AMAZING RIGHT NOW. TOONAMI TOTALLY ISN'T THE ONLY GOOD THING ON CARTOON NETWORK RIGHT NOW.

((^^^ In case you can't tell, that's sarcasm))

Good job going back to your ANIME HATING tendencies you business inept idiots.

>:O

:c Man, that's annoying. Why do network companies do stuff like this?

(Also, not annoying, but I just noticed Crunchyroll also reported on the fundraiser for Monty Oum's medical bills! O: Man, I really hope he'll be okay.)

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Little Star

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Feb 01, 02:15:17
Friends... Please... Please...
Do NOT use Oreos as mascara.
Just don't.

Some girl posted a Youtube video about how to make mascara out of Oreos. For the sake of your health, do not do this! If you need to save money, just get mascara from a dollar store!

So many people think that people are just hating on her. That is not the case.

Oreos contain a lot of sugar.
Bacteria loves sugar.
Smearing sugar all over your eyelashes attracts bacteria.
The last place you want bacteria to be is near your eyes.
You are literally inviting an eye infection.
The very worst case scenario of an eye infection is that you go blind, and this is very much a possibility. Don't think "It won't happen to me." It can and will, so do not risk it.

Arguments I've seen:
1. "Where were you during the crayon lipstick thing, then?" Crayons are non-toxic! They are specifically designed so that if a child eats a crayon (Kids do and eat weird things, okay?), that child will be perfectly fine. They are designed not to be damaging to anyone's health. Crayon lipstick is completely irrelevant to Oreo mascara.

2. "Real mascara has some nasty stuff in it too!" You do realize that real mascara is specifically designed to be on your eyelashes, right? You realize the implications of that? It's designed to be safe to put on your eyelashes. The FDA has to check that and make sure it really is actually safe to put on your eyelashes. Mascara is FDA approved safe for your eyelashes. Oreos are not.

It's really irritating me how much people are fighting the people who are trying to point this stuff out, as if it's not a big deal. Your health is a very big deal! We are trying to protect people, and they're acting like we're just haters who are a little too grossed out about putting Oreos on eyelashes!

Yes. Yes. YES.

Nuserame

Friends... Please... Please...
Just don't.

Some girl posted a Youtube video about how to make mascara out of Oreos. For the sake of your health, do not do this! If you need to save money, just get mascara from a dollar store!

Bacteria loves sugar.
The very worst case scenario of an eye infection is that you go blind, and this is very much a possibility. Don't think "It won't happen to me." It can and will, so do not risk it.

Arguments I've seen:
1. "Where were you during the crayon lipstick thing, then?" Crayons are non-toxic! They are specifically designed so that if a child eats a crayon (Kids do and eat weird things, okay?), that child will be perfectly fine. They are designed not to be damaging to anyone's health. Crayon lipstick is completely irrelevant to Oreo mascara.

2. "Real mascara has some nasty stuff in it too!" You do realize that real mascara is specifically designed to be on your eyelashes, right? You realize the implications of that? It's designed to be safe to put on your eyelashes. The FDA has to check that and make sure it really is actually safe to put on your eyelashes. Mascara is FDA approved safe for your eyelashes. Oreos are not.

It's really irritating me how much people are fighting the people who are trying to point this stuff out, as if it's not a big deal. Your health is a very big deal! We are trying to protect people, and they're acting like we're just haters who are a little too grossed out about putting Oreos on eyelashes!

... Well that was certainly one of the dumber things I have read about this week. Its like Jackass with makeup.

Also won't it get all weird and crusty as the stuff dries? Sugar tends to do that. You then have a layer of sugary bacteria substrate flaking off right around the inside of your eyelids. Smaaaart!

This is probably the real dark side of Youtube. It gives this sort of mind-numbingly stupid stuff a medium to spread like nothing before.

Quote from: chisoka on 2015 Feb 01, 03:16:03
Basically meaning my single core, 2 GB RAM, integrated chip, backup laptop can't really do anything.  On the last OSW, I had to remain stationary in SCC to get the least amount of lag so I could actually do my job.  On top of that, I can't even draw anything digitally because it lags too much!  I'm likely to be getting a new computer built for me next month, but that means a whole month of doing essentially nothing, which really isn't fun.

Heh, that would explain the mod pony that sat on the same spot in SCC the entire weekend.
Slate Grey, my OC! Awesome profile picture by Bakasan94

Chromastone64

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Feb 01, 16:46:01
:c Man, that's annoying. Why do network companies do stuff like this?

(Also, not annoying, but I just noticed Crunchyroll also reported on the fundraiser for Monty Oum's medical bills! O: Man, I really hope he'll be okay.)

Wait, bills? What happened? (Call me an idiot, but Monty Oum was the guy who made RWBY isn't he?)
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Night Pony

Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2015 Feb 01, 17:43:15
Wait, bills? What happened? (Call me an idiot, but Monty Oum was the guy who made RWBY isn't he?)

Yes he is.

Also you guys atleast get adult swim and Toonami.

Dumb thing: not having them here.

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Sakura_Blossom

[spoiler]Friends... Please... Please...
Just don't.

Bacteria loves sugar.

Arguments I've seen:

People do that? O.o

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2015 Feb 01, 17:43:15

Yeah, he's the guy who made RWBY.
No one knows what happened. They recently announced that he's in critical care in a hospital, but they want to respect his privacy as much as possible. They needed $50,000, so they started a Go Fund Me for it. It reached the goal in about 4 hours, and then doubled an hour or two later, and people are still donating.

At least now, if they run into complications that increase his bills (hopefully that won't happen), he'll be covered.
But yeah, they haven't told us what happened. There's a lot of speculation going on, one of which is that he worked himself too hard. He is known for being a workaholic who neglects sleep and runs on coffee.

Quote from: Sakura_Blossom on 2015 Feb 01, 18:39:28
People do that? O.o

Yeah, it's a relatively new thing that popped up. I'm pretty sure the girl who made the How To video had no idea that it's dangerous.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Stardust Dragon

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Feb 01, 19:00:02
Yeah, he's the guy who made RWBY.
No one knows what happened. They recently announced that he's in critical care in a hospital, but they want to respect his privacy as much as possible. They needed $50,000, so they started a Go Fund Me for it. It reached the goal in about 4 hours, and then doubled an hour or two later, and people are still donating.

At least now, if they run into complications that increase his bills (hopefully that won't happen), he'll be covered.
But yeah, they haven't told us what happened. There's a lot of speculation going on, one of which is that he worked himself too hard. He is known for being a workaholic who neglects sleep and runs on coffee.

Yeah, it's a relatively new thing that popped up. I'm pretty sure the girl who made the How To video had no idea that it's dangerous.

I seriously hope Monty's alright...it's never a good thing for someone to end up in the hospital, and I can only hope for his recovery.  I'm going to sound like a total obsessed fanboy saying this, but I want to know what he has planned for the future of RWBY.  It's one of the worlds I've wanted to see more of since I first saw the Red trailer.  I could of course stand a massive delay if it means a real human being gets the chance to recover, of course.  I'm not totally insane and selfish, just mostly.  :P

That whole Oreos thing reminds me of those Proactiv commercials where they show a bunch of "home remedies" for acne before advertising their own product.  I'm sad to say I've seen people doing stupider stuff than this, but I'd be lying if I said "Oreo mascara is the stupidest idea I've ever seen."  Its stuff like this that makes me fear for the next generation, and I'm barely out of my teens!

Sunshine Smash

Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2015 Feb 01, 13:57:08

THIS. STUPID. KID. If you've seen some of the things he's done... >:O

I'm angry now. Thanks Chroma.

Deep inside..... We're kindred spirits...... You..... And I......

Chromastone64

Quote from: Sunshine Smash on 2015 Feb 01, 23:30:30
I'm angry now. Thanks Chroma.

What? Did I do something to offend you? If so, sorry >.<

Pipkin

Whoever said we would only get 10 cm of snow last night needed their head examined.   The snow on the roads this morning was up to my bumper.  How i got to work without getting stuck I'll never know

And how about that waist deep snow drift beside my truck this morning,

Sunshine Smash

Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2015 Feb 02, 04:10:00
What? Did I do something to offend you? If so, sorry >.<

It's that TV show.
I HATE THAT KID!

Chromastone64

Quote from: Sunshine Smash on 2015 Feb 02, 11:53:54
It's that TV show.
I HATE THAT KID!

I hate practically EVERY character in that show.

Sunshine Smash

Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2015 Feb 02, 13:41:40

Oh of course. But he takes the cake.

Chromastone64

Yup. It the episode where he tries to get his parents DIVORCED that really makes me want to sock Wayne one.

cziken20

When the tablecloth isnt perfectly alligned with the table.

Oh and when the books inside your bag arent perfectly straight when compared to the sides of the bag.

Why am i such a perfectionist. ovO
Please dont talk about paritions.

#1795neverforget

PrincessButton

Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2015 Feb 02, 13:41:40
I'm sorry, I've got to ask... what show?
[Avatar drawn by Dusky Hues; Thank you!]

Go Up