Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Greyscaleisme

When i have a 250 word paper about genome mapping due by sunday, but have no clue how to actually write it.
'Cause sometimes to stay alive you gotta kill your mind.

Midnight Breeze

Early this morning I had a work order for a computer kiosk at the nursing home. The nursing home is only like 500 meters up the road from the hospital so I decided to just run there. I ran out the door of the hospital with a screwdriver in my hand and a few meters down the sidewalk the police pulled up next to me and flagged me down. Apparently they thought the screwdriver I was carrying was a knife, and they claimed that I "ran when I saw the police". What? I started running when I stepped out of the hospital doors! And even if I was carrying a knife...so what? Carrying a weapon is completely legal in the USA, so they still had no reason to stop and detain me.

They asked me "If you didn't do anything wrong, then why were you running in 89 degree weather?" Dude, I was running because the distance I needed to travel is too short to justify driving, and I just felt like getting some exercise while I was at it! And really, this is the gulf coast, 89 degrees Fahrenheit is not that hot. Honestly, are rural Americans so lazy that seeing someone running automatically constitutes reasonable suspicion?

So then after violating my fourth amendment rights they even had the gall to ask for my ID. Legally I could have refused, but I didn't want to make a scene. Refusing to produce my ID could quite possibly see me deported to Spain from the way law enforcement is going.

Rissian

2014 Sep 10, 20:23:26 #14042 Last Edit: 2014 Sep 10, 20:53:55 by Trege
Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Sep 10, 20:02:45
Spoiler: show
Early this morning I had a work order for a computer kiosk at the nursing home. The nursing home is only like 500 meters up the road from the hospital so I decided to just run there. I ran out the door of the hospital with a screwdriver in my hand and a few meters down the sidewalk the police pulled up next to me and flagged me down. Apparently they thought the screwdriver I was carrying was a knife, and they claimed that I "ran when I saw the police". What? I started running when I stepped out of the hospital doors! And even if I was carrying a knife...so what? Carrying a weapon is completely legal in the USA, so they still had no reason to stop and detain me.

They asked me "If you didn't do anything wrong, then why were you running in 89 degree weather?" Dude, I was running because the distance I needed to travel is too short to justify driving, and I just felt like getting some exercise while I was at it! And really, this is the gulf coast, 89 degrees Fahrenheit is not that hot. Honestly, are rural Americans so lazy that seeing someone running automatically constitutes reasonable suspicion?

So then after violating my fourth amendment rights they even had the gall to ask for my ID. Legally I could have refused, but I didn't want to make a scene. Refusing to produce my ID could quite possibly see me deported to Spain from the way law enforcement is going.

Sadly you can't really do much about it either something similar happened to my cousin and the lawyer said the jury would likely side with the police even though they were in the wrong because of my cousin's age and how biased some people are towards younger people and the stereotype that most younger people disrespect authority. When the officers were in the wrong and even scratched up his vehicle.  Which annoys me because they can get away with things like that.

MrEmu

The out doors HATES me...
Every time I go out something awful happens...

See, for my birthday my Dad sent me a star gazing telescope, so late at night I naturally try it out...
I set up the tripod, aim the scope at the moon, focus it JUST right...
I look through for 2 seconds then hear a weird sound, I turn around and a coyote is running STRAIGHT at me!
I pick of my telescope and run for the house...heh... X3

DawnsEmbrace

Quote from: MrEmu on 2014 Sep 10, 23:45:29

See, for my birthday my Dad sent me a star gazing telescope, so late at night I naturally try it out...
I look through for 2 seconds then hear a weird sound, I turn around and a coyote is running STRAIGHT at me!

And?

...AND!?
Does the adorable foal make it!?  The suspense!

When I'm in bed, but I kinda want to be on Skype, but my laptop is really far away from me in the house.
<br />

MrEmu

Quote from: DawnsEmbrace on 2014 Sep 10, 23:51:52

And?

...AND!?

When I'm in bed, but I kinda want to be on Skype, but my laptop is really far away from me in the house.
Yes, the adorable foal makes it! :P
Not much happened after I hid in my house. X3

The Stars

Quote from: MrEmu on 2014 Sep 10, 23:58:36
Quote from: DawnsEmbrace on 2014 Sep 10, 23:51:52

And?

...AND!?

Yes, the adorable foal makes it! :P
Not much happened after I hid in my house. X3

Well, looks like the RoadRunner gets away this time!
Heads up!

// Thanks a lot Tiger! :D

MrEmu

I have almost the exact opposite sleep schedule as my best friend now, and we're in the exact same time zone!
I'M the one with the messed up sleep schedule... but I can't change mine due to a lot of personal reasons... :s

Sooo...guess I'll have to deal with being alone for now... :(

Pipkin

Quote from: MrEmu on 2014 Sep 11, 03:00:58
I have almost the exact opposite sleep schedule as my best friend now, and we're in the exact same time zone!

I'm almost the same way, oddly.  My sleep schedule, if I can call it a schedule, consists of sleeping from 4:30pm to 10:30pm, working online until 2-3am an sleeping until 5:30-6am to work for 7am-4pm, where I do it again.

Most of my friends are in bed by midnight.....

Ramisha

When I browse 9gag and every advertisement is Destiny PLS STAHP you make me sad
And how people are complaining that a song is too "soft" and in an interview the frontman said the following about the song: "It's more melodic, but it's dark, it's powerful man, its something different." IT'S MORE MELODIC AND IT'S SOMETHING DIFFERENT so stop complaining that it's "different" and enjoy it. The band is back after a few years, you are supposed to be happy, not bash them.

Little Star

Quote from: StarSong on 2014 Sep 11, 08:41:35
Quote from: Greyscaleisme on 2014 Sep 11, 00:44:22
I have aced all Algebra related things do far for my school!  :3

Nice. I think I can say the same. Math is supes easy.

at the same time school is the worst thing in my life. It caused me to have two panic attacks yesterday. I'm missing another day of school today because of my mental health (that is also causing me to become physically sick). Too many assignments in one day makes me stressed and on top of that this empty hole in my stomach gradually getting bigger is painful. I miss all my friends from Bronycon. I don't know how to handle it. It's becoming physically painful.

School. Sucks.

Sakura_Blossom

Jelly Jars... Why must you be so hard to open...

Dark Hooves

people that ignore you at work and then expect you to listen to them
<br /><br />everypony is capable of great good or great evil but everypony should be treated like their worth giving a chance<br /><br />My OCs. http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=6860.0

Midnight Breeze

Why do Southerners insist on saying "hunard" instead of HUNDRED!?

Randam Saiko

My allergies are back. I absolutely love the runny nose, nausea, drowsiness, massively reduced appetite, and constant coughing.

Emit, you mischievous little...
My OCs

Dark Hooves

poor Saiko, i too have mah allergies flare up this time of year, but i don't get them as severe in the fall, mine are worst in the spring
<br /><br />everypony is capable of great good or great evil but everypony should be treated like their worth giving a chance<br /><br />My OCs. http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=6860.0

MrEmu

When reality smacks me in the face...

Yeah, a good deal of my dreams won't come true for another few years probably...or maybe even ever...
So many things I wont to do...but it'll be so hard to pull them off...if I ever can... :s
Stupid reality... :x

Tiger

[in tf2]

"can we have an intelligent medic that doesnt use quickfix"

Honestly, if you're not going to appreciate the fact that you actually HAVE a Medic, you may as well not have one at all.

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

Midnight Breeze

Mom: So son, how do you plan on giving up video games when you join the air force?
Me: I won't...
Mom: Yes you will, you can't play video games in the military!
Me: Says who?
Mom: Son, do you really think they will let you waste time playing games in the air force?
Me: Airmen aren't slaves, mom, they can do what they want with their free time.
Mom: Son, the military is an adult environment. You think they want you playing games like a kid? You're going to have to grow up if you want to make it in the air force!
Me:  >:/

Yeah, my mom has never approved of my gaming habits. She still thinks video games are meant for kids...I suppose she's never seen games like Left 4 Dead, Dead Space, or Amnesia. You'd be pretty hard pressed to call those 'kids games'. If you couldn't play video games in your free time in the air force then I'm thinking it would be pretty understaffed, it's more less the nerd branch, after all.  :P

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Sep 12, 01:39:32
Mom: So son, how do you plan on giving up video games when you join the air force?
Me: I won't...
Mom: Yes you will, you can't play video games in the military!
Me: Says who?
Mom: Son, do you really think they will let you waste time playing games in the air force?
Me: Airmen aren't slaves, mom, they can do what they want with their free time.
Mom: Son, the military is an adult environment. You think they want you playing games like a kid? You're going to have to grow up if you want to make it in the air force!
Me:  >:/

Yeah, my mom has never approved of my gaming habits. She still thinks video games are meant for kids...I suppose she's never seen games like Left 4 Dead, Dead Space, or Amnesia. You'd be pretty hard pressed to call those 'kids games'. If you couldn't play video games in your free time in the air force then I'm thinking it would be pretty understaffed, it's more less the nerd branch, after all.  :P

1. She should see the video of Marines(? I think it was them) watching Frozen.
2. She should actually pay attention to what some video games are about and involve. I bet she's the kind of person who thinks all anime is for kids, too.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Go Up