Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Midnight Breeze

Wouldn't it be more efficient to close down libraries and instead subsidize internet access? Libraries are obsolete in my book (no pun intended), seriously does anyone actually use them anymore? I haven't set foot in a library in over 10 years, why would I want to when I have access to any information I could possibly want at the click of a mouse?

Seems like a waste of tax dollars at this point. Libraries are the public bath houses of the modern era.

Greyscaleisme

2014 Jul 30, 19:03:19 #13621 Last Edit: 2014 Jul 30, 21:46:09 by Greyscaleisme
I actually enjoy Libraries, it gives one a chance to meet people, and the fun of reading a good book is never lost.
'Cause sometimes to stay alive you gotta kill your mind.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: MrEmu on 2014 Jul 30, 15:15:04
Quote from: Ramisha on 2014 Jul 30, 03:50:10
It's Pegasus, not Pegasi! Pegasi is plural! Pegasus is singular! "My pony is a pegasi" No he is not, that means he's two ponies at the same time!  >:O
*Can't agree more*

That's like saying "I'm a people."

Quote from: Randam Saiko on 2014 Jul 30, 17:37:22
My mind does some of most paranoid and unsettling things sometimes.

Such visions include:

• Seeing things in the corner of my eye

• Figures in the distance

• Something moving in the shadows

• Hearing children that don't exist

• When I feel something on my arm and it turns out to be nothing. But a crazy idea is that those random feelings are the ghosts of the insects you've killed

That's not good.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

GoldenTerrabyte

Quote from: equestrianAce on 2014 Jul 30, 11:41:48
I hate when people confuse your, you're, their, there, they're, than, then, where, were, etc. I mean, we have been taught this before, it should be common knowledge to people born in English speaking countries.  :l
Actually, I notice people who DON'T have English as their first language seem to get it right more often! I don't get it...
I'm back

DawnsEmbrace

Quote from: Yellowpikmin476 on 2014 Jul 30, 22:56:59
I hate when people confuse your, you're, their, there, they're, than, then, where, were, etc. I mean, we have been taught this before, it should be common knowledge to people born in English speaking countries.  :l
Actually, I notice people who DON'T have English as their first language seem to get it right more often! I don't get it...

*Points at Ramisha as an Example*
<br />

Greyscaleisme

Quote from: DawnsEmbrace on 2014 Jul 30, 22:58:39

*Points at Ramisha as an Example*

Eeyup, I hate when people make those kinds of mistakes.
'Cause sometimes to stay alive you gotta kill your mind.

Midnight Breeze

They are more likely to double check.

Randam Saiko

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Jul 30, 20:51:32
Quote from: Randam Saiko on 2014 Jul 30, 17:37:22
My mind does some of most paranoid and unsettling things sometimes.

Such visions include:

• Seeing things in the corner of my eye

• Figures in the distance

• Something moving in the shadows

• Hearing children that don't exist

• When I feel something on my arm and it turns out to be nothing. But a crazy idea is that those random feelings are the ghosts of the insects you've killed

That's not good.

I blame my personality and interests. But a pro to this is that it helps keep me alert when i'm horribly sleep deprived.

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Jul 30, 23:04:37

The sad truth.

Emit, you mischievous little...
My OCs

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Randam Saiko on 2014 Jul 30, 23:22:38
Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Jul 30, 23:04:37

The sad truth.

Nothing sad about it. It's just that native speakers (particularly fast typists) tend to rush through posts quickly and only glance back over it. It's not uncommon for me to make a post, then look back 30 seconds later and think "Wait a minute, I misspelled that."

It's just like a professional housekeeper will sometimes miss a spot while dusting. It doesn't mean they don't know what they're doing; they've just done it so many times they don't think too hard about it when doing it, so they occasionally slip up.

Randam Saiko

I was mainly referring to the fact that non-native English speakers use the correct homophone of a word more often than actual native speakers. ._.

Emit, you mischievous little...
My OCs

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Randam Saiko on 2014 Jul 30, 23:41:47
I was mainly referring to the fact that non-native English speakers use the correct homophone of a word more often than actual native speakers. ._.

Exactly. Because they are more likely to look back and make sure they used it correctly. I'll admit on rare occasions I sometimes use incorrect homophones, but it doesn't mean I don't know the difference between their and they're, it just means I made a slip of the fingers due to muscle memory.

I think more often than not, that's the reason, not just ignorance.

GoldenTerrabyte

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Jul 30, 23:47:06
Quote from: Randam Saiko on 2014 Jul 30, 23:41:47

Exactly. Because they are more likely to look back and make sure they used it correctly. I'll admit on rare occasions I sometimes use incorrect homophones, but it doesn't mean I don't know the difference between their and they're, it just means I made a slip of the fingers due to muscle memory.

I think more often than not, that's the reason, not just ignorance.
And remember the big difference between slipping up and getting it wrong every time.
I'm back

Ramisha

2014 Jul 31, 06:29:10 #13632 Last Edit: 2014 Jul 31, 08:59:20 by Ramisha
What, what, I see my name? Oh, it's nothing, I thought you were accusing me of something. I don't think people who say "pegasi" know they are wrong, if they did they would probably notice and correct themselves. But they just keep saying pegasi.
I am annoyed when I bang my ankle somewhere, it hurts a lot more than it should. I hit it about 15 minutes ago and it still hurts  >:/

It has been 3 hours since I banged my ankle - it still hurts, help me

Naura

Read the forum rules.meme.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/funny-meme-home-phone.png" alt="" class="bbc_img">
One of my friends does this all the time, and nowdays when I see that its her nr, I just say yes and leave.
Feel free to check out my [URL=http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11982.0]Oc page[/URL]!

Chishio Kunrin

I tried to sleep, and it didn't happen, and I have to and want to stay awake all day today. Great...

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

The Stars

Quote from: Ramisha on 2014 Jul 31, 06:29:10
What, what, I see my name? Oh, it's nothing, I thought you were accusing me of something. I don't think people who say "pegasi" know they are wrong, if they did they would probably notice and correct themselves. But they just keep saying pegasi.
I am annoyed when I bang my ankle somewhere, it hurts a lot more than it should. I hit it about 15 minutes ago and it still hurts  >:/

It has been 3 hours since I banged my ankle - it still hurts, help me

You know, this reminds me of when I'd just TAP my freaking knee on a wall during gym class (Don't ask what my knee was doing next to a wall -- Just roll with it :T ), doesn't hurt at first, but after, like, just a few seconds, I so much as can't even stand up on that leg o.e. Just, how?
Heads up!

// Thanks a lot Tiger! :D

Ramisha

Quote from: The Stars on 2014 Jul 31, 13:06:16
You know, this reminds me of when I'd just TAP my freaking knee on a wall during gym class (Don't ask what my knee was doing next to a wall -- Just roll with it :T ), doesn't hurt at first, but after, like, just a few seconds, I so much as can't even stand up on that leg o.e. Just, how?

Yes I do know! I sprained my ankle and it was just like you said - doesn't hurt at first but is hell later. Oh also my ankle doesn't hurt anymore. Thank Zeus!

DawnsEmbrace

So I started a Herd for me and my friends, and now it's just...GROWING.  Rather quickly.

It's so far over my head now that I have a hard time living up to the expectation of running the thing.  I feel like if I slip up, I'll ruin it.
It's actually kinda stressing me out, and I have a hard time making decisive decisions, and I generally don't feel cut out for the job.

*Sigh*
...But it is my Herd.  I need to learn how to run it properly, and I'm not gonna give up.
<br />

Naura

Quote from: DawnsEmbrace on 2014 Jul 31, 13:25:02
So I started a Herd for me and my friends, and now it's just...GROWING.  Rather quickly.

It's so far over my head now that I have a hard time living up to the expectation of running the thing.  I feel like if I slip up, I'll ruin it.
It's actually kinda stressing me out, and I have a hard time making decisive decisions, and I generally don't feel cut out for the job.

*Sigh*
...But it is my Herd.  I need to learn how to run it properly, and I'm not gonna give up.

You're a great leader! Don't worry about it too much! ;)
Feel free to check out my [URL=http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11982.0]Oc page[/URL]!

Ramisha

And you should have expected it, it's normal for a herd to grow in size :l

Go Up