Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Pipkin

Just a friendly note, don't let this debate get too out of hand please.

Tekner

I removed all of the posts in that pointless argument. It was touching on sensitive topics and was deviating from the point of this thread anyway. If you don't agree with something someone said, that doesn't mean you have to shout your opinion at others. Just let it slide and continue your day. That is all.

Little Star

Started singing "What is this Feeling?" from Wicked and couldn't get it out of my head

Ugh I hate when songs just STICK in your head I:

The Stars

Playing Mabinogi, Server starts lagging in the middle of a PVP with friends...
It stays there for 5 minutes. 5 minutes of lag -- I could still talk to my friends. I could still PM them with very minimal lag, but in game chat, Just no.

... I hate it when games just have these issues that really are just not belonging in any sense. Especially after there was weekly server maintenance done that didn't even bother to get around with fixing this issue.

So, what dumb thing REALLY annoys me? Nexon. Nexon itself :U.
Heads up!

// Thanks a lot Tiger! :D

GoldenTerrabyte

When gifs take forever to load.
I'm back

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Ramisha on 2014 Jul 18, 17:21:36
Man, I really hope I get the job I want... I want to be some sort of scientist. No less, no more. I really hope that happens... at least in another country, since my country is not a good place for young successful people - most of them move out (what's why this country sucks). But there are some chemistry oriented companies - Labud and Pliva, although Labud is suspiciously a lot like Abstergo...  :/

Medical laboratory work is in demand everywhere. Good career, mate.

Pipkin

When inportant sites go down and it affects productivity at work

Speaking of work, went to bed at 2am last night, woke up at 8:05am....I had two alarms set at 5am and 5:15am because I needed to be at work for 6:30am

I didn't get a single phonecall asking why I wasn't at work yet

I walked into work 2 hours late, and actually asked my boss how it went unnoticed that a manager wasn't at work on time on price change friday....his answer was "Actually I did notice, I just thought you were planning on coming in later because I asked you to come in early Saturday morning"......

Yeah, i'm happy he's not mad I was two hour late, yay!  But seriously?   :/

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Pipkin on 2014 Jul 19, 00:31:47

Speaking of work, went to bed at 2am last night, woke up at 8:05am....I had two alarms set at 5am and 5:15am because I needed to be at work for 6:30am

I walked into work 2 hours late, and actually asked my boss how it went unnoticed that a manager wasn't at work on time on price change friday....his answer was "Actually I did notice, I just thought you were planning on coming in later because I asked you to come in early Saturday morning"......

Bahaha. When I was working as an MHT one of my coworkers started making a habit of showing up late every day. He'd show up 15 minutes late, then 30 minutes, the an hour, and the RN just kept letting it slide until one day he showed up 5 hours late.

Yeah, he got suspended.

Pipkin

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Jul 19, 00:37:13
Quote from: Pipkin on 2014 Jul 19, 00:31:47

Bahaha. When I was working as an MHT one of my coworkers started making a habit of showing up late every day. He'd show up 15 minutes late, then 30 minutes, the an hour, and the RN just kept letting it slide until one day he showed up 5 hours late.

Yeah, he got suspended.

Wow....i'm on the phone with anyone in my department who is late after 10 minutes past their shift...

I don't take tardiness lightly....my schedule is up 5 days before it takes effect, there is no reason for it....
Even for management

Ryo_D_Disk

Good morning is not the comment I should be making at this time  :P

Night Pony

When players are unhappy about a game that in my opinion they shouldn't be. There is no perfect game without bugs and also this game is for free. That means that the developer only gets financing from the pay to win players. If you want a perfect game maybe you should start paying a monthly fee to play it. :/

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Naura

Feel free to check out my [URL=http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11982.0]Oc page[/URL]!

Midnight Breeze

The Stars

Quote from: Night Pony on 2014 Jul 19, 03:13:16
When players are unhappy about a game that in my opinion they shouldn't be. There is no perfect game without bugs and also this game is for free. That means that the developer only gets financing from the pay to win players. If you want a perfect game maybe you should start paying a monthly fee to play it. :/

I know, I know, I really shouldn't be complaining, but... Really, what do you say about a game that's been around for 10 years, and although you like, it still has glitches that were never attended to all of this time? @.@
I can understand lack of funding -- That's how several of my favorite FTP Games got canned, but come on, an entire decade to say they never had enough money to fix certain glitches is stretching it a little too far o.e. Not saying I'm unhappy with the game itself, I'm just aggravated by the fact that these issues still persist when something could've been done about them ages ago.
Heads up!

// Thanks a lot Tiger! :D

Night Pony

Quote from: The Stars on 2014 Jul 19, 13:18:25
Quote from: Night Pony on 2014 Jul 19, 03:13:16

I know, I know, I really shouldn't be complaining, but... Really, what do you say about a game that's been around for 10 years, and although you like, it still has glitches that were never attended to all of this time? @.@
I can understand lack of funding -- That's how several of my favorite FTP Games got canned, but come on, an entire decade to say they never had enough money to fix certain glitches is stretching it a little too far o.e. Not saying I'm unhappy with the game itself, I'm just aggravated by the fact that these issues still persist when something could've been done about them ages ago.

Maybe they are busy with the new content? That needs testing and bug fixing too. Or you prefer for the game to slowly die?

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Ramisha

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Jul 19, 00:23:33

I think that's what my mum is, she works the most of all the people there, gets yelled at (by the patients because of something that is not her fault) and gets a lousy pay.
Oh, also, she's not going to recieve any more income in a few months, but she has to keep working there. My dad is also unemployed, so.... WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!

Chishio Kunrin

My pet peeve has been aggravated again.
I just... I just don't understand. This time, it was the most ridiculous thing of all.

There's a character in RWBY who has silver eyes. In the first fricking episode, someone actually straightup outright blatantly says that she has silver eyes. I'll even quote it! "Ruby Rose. You... have silver eyes."

If it weren't for that, I wouldn't be so hard on the people who draw her with blue eyes. I mean, seriously?! It's not like it's a dang manga! It's a fully-colored animated series, and one of the characters in the very first episode actually says that her eyes are silver. Not blue, but silver!! There's also the fact that they don't even remotely look blue in any way whatsoever!(see spoiler below for reference)

I just saw something more baffling than someone drawing her with blue eyes, though.
Brown.
Brown eyes.
How do you get brown from silver? How?! I'm not even kidding. Someone seriously drew her with brown eyes. They drew everyone else completely accurately, but drew her with brown eyes. Why?

Look at this and tell me if those eyes are blue or brown:
Spoiler: show

No. No they are not. Peeps need to wash their eyes.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

DawnsEmbrace

I know this is petty of me, I know it is...

...But it is INFURIATING when someone says "Defiantly" instead of "Definitely".
I mean...C'mon!  How do you get that wrong?  I have no doubt that you've grown up hearing "Definitely" so why are you typing "DEFIANTLY"!?

Are you "Defiantly" going swimming today?
"Defiantly" going shopping?

Are you "Defiantly" gonna type defiantly instead of definitely?  At least this example sentence WORKS.

Just...Just...
Stop!
For the love of Celestia just stop!
<br />

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: DawnsEmbrace on 2014 Jul 19, 20:24:49
I know this is petty of me, I know it is...

...But it is INFURIATING when someone says "Defiantly" instead of "Definitely".
I mean...C'mon!  How do you get that wrong?  I have no doubt that you've grown up hearing "Definitely" so why are you typing "DEFIANTLY"!?

Are you "Defiantly" going swimming today?
"Defiantly" going shopping?

Are you "Defiantly" gonna type defiantly instead of definitely?  At least this example sentence WORKS.

Just...Just...
Stop!
For the love of Celestia just stop!

This. Defiantly doesn't even look like it's pronounced definitely.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Ramisha on 2014 Jul 19, 15:24:37
Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Jul 19, 00:23:33

I think that's what my mum is, she works the most of all the people there, gets yelled at (by the patients because of something that is not her fault) and gets a lousy pay.
Oh, also, she's not going to receive any more income in a few months, but she has to keep working there. My dad is also unemployed, so.... WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!

Considering lab technologists have no contact with patients I don't think that's what she is. Unless in Croatia lab techs do the phlebotomy work as well.

---------

I'm starting to worry about my mom. She spent 40 years of her life raising children and now that her last child (me) is on his own she's showing symptoms of empty nest syndrome. I'm constantly having to turn down money she offers me. Between growing up in a very poor family and living with an abusive husband for 38 years she's had a hard life and deserves a comfortable, secure retirement.

If she keeps throwing money at her kids all the time she won't be able to enjoy her retirement years. Several years ago my middle sister got herself $36,000 deep in credit card debt and my mom had to pay it off for her.

Go Up