Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Midnight Breeze

Vilification of credit cards. Credit cards are only as "evil" as you are irresponsible. If you treat a credit card as free money then you're gonna have a bad time. They aren't free money, they are a loan like any other. And yes, shockingly enough, you are expected to pay that loan back with interest. It's not the credit card company's fault if you suck at managing your own finances.

Rissian

Planted my Starbound crops on my permadeath character only for this to happen.  O:

Windstorm of death.

MrEmu

I hate...no...I LOATH time zones... All they do is force me to pick between my friends... :'(

Midnight Breeze

Isn't it time to stop saying "flat-screen TV"? Can you even get a TV that's not flat anymore?

It's kind of like saying "electric microwave" at this point.

MrEmu

I hate it when somepony says "YOLO" or "SWAG" or some internet term like that...I LOATH when they say "Trololololo"...

It's sooo annoying...and even WORSE when in REAL LIFE they LITERALLY SAY "Trolololo" it's like. "Umm....that is not a word in ANY language except Trollish"

Chishio Kunrin

Way too many people thought July 4th was the public premiere date for RWBY volume 2 and kept telling everyone else it was. :s The thing is... it was only for the people who went to RTX (Rooster Teeth Expo), Rooster Teeth's convention.

"Oh, but they livestream the panels!"
Yeah, but when they're about to show something that's supposed to be exclusive to the convention-goers, they shut off the livestream. This includes episode premieres, like RWBY volume 2 episode 1.

The real public release date is this Thursday, July 24th, only on Rooster Teeth's website. Youtube gets RWBY episodes a week later. For some reason, Youtube gets Red vs Blue episodes an entire year later.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Pipkin

It just HAS to start storming right as i'm about to go to bed doesn't it  :l

Also, Roleplaying is Magic...why do you have to be so complex.....

Greyscaleisme

Quote from: MrEmu on 2014 Jul 22, 09:02:07
I hate it when somepony says "YOLO" or "SWAG" or some internet term like that...I LOATH when they say "Trololololo"...

It's sooo annoying...and even WORSE when in REAL LIFE they LITERALLY SAY "Trolololo" it's like. "Umm....that is not a word in ANY language except Trollish"

My cousin says "SWAG" and "YOLO" about 3 times a minute.
'Cause sometimes to stay alive you gotta kill your mind.

Chishio Kunrin

2014 Jul 23, 02:47:25 #13548 Last Edit: 2014 Jul 23, 03:45:27 by Chishio Kunrin
It's 1:45 AM. I passed out sometime last night and got enough sleep to where I'm wide awake now. I have to go places for a pretty large chunk of my day today. This is not good.

Basically, it annoys me when I want/need to sleep for a while longer, but I've already had so much sleep that I can't possibly sleep anymore. *Sigh*

Post Merge

Monty says the character Velvet will be a mage type of fighter. What do people keep assuming her weapon is? A CROSSBOW.
:l
What part of mage makes you think crossbow?! Are you people serious right now? It didn't bother me before, but it just keeps being brought up. And they know she's supposed to be a mage. I don't care if you say the bolts will be tipped with dust for elemental effects. That's still an archer, just an archer whose arrows explode with fire and ice and lightning and whatnot! *Siiiigh*

Not only that, he had a concept artist draw up a box with a strap on it and said "I'll try to fit it in the box." Which means her weapon is going to be huuuge. I mean, Ruby's scythe is huge, but she folds it up and puts it on a hook on the back of her belt. So, this is gonna be something that's harder to put away than Ruby's scythe. Do you really think crossbow fits that description? Really, people! *Bangs head against a tree*

Night Pony

Well I find mages to be more interesting when they're using non-standart mage weapons. Right now I'm playing in a game a mage with a scythe....a scythe. Also the ideas of battle mages with swords and such isn't exactly new too. So a mage with a crossbow would be an interesting mix.

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Night Pony on 2014 Jul 23, 04:00:15
Well I find mages to be more interesting when they're using non-standart mage weapons. Right now I'm playing in a game a mage with a scythe....a scythe. Also the ideas of battle mages with swords and such isn't exactly new too. So a mage with a crossbow would be an interesting mix.

True, but in my mind, for her to wield a crossbow and still be a mage, she would have to also be doing stuff like Glynda and Cinder do. Y'know, the weird dust stuff that looks like actual spells. Glynda uses a riding crop as a wand, and we still don't know what exactly Cinder's weapon is. Is her dress covered with or imbued with dust? Is the anklet she's wearing made with dust crystals, so she can channel their fire energy? Nobody knows!! :I

Hay, you could have a RWBY character be a mage by wearing a necklace or... well, I had an idea for metal armor that goes on someone's forearm and hand that has a slot for a dust crystal. So the person could do hand-to-hand combat but also channel energy from the dust crystal. In the opening narration, you see a couple silhouettes holding a crystal in one hand and shooting lightning out of their other hand, so that's where I got the idea that people can do that.

Anyway, I get the feeling that when Monty says mage, he means kind of like Glynda and Cinder. She probably won't be as powerful as those two, as she's just a student.
Oh, btw, it turns out that Velvet and her team are older than teams RWBY and JNPR. They aren't first-years. Off-topic, but still a neat fact.

Ramisha

If the weapon is huge it's probably a staff or even a hammer or a swor. But you know what would be cool? Chakrams. :3 Like Xena the warrior princess.
Oh, right, this is not on topic at all.. so.. uh, I'm annoyed by how poorly teachers are treated and how they don't get much money... while some football player runs around and kicks a ball and gets tons of fame and money.

Night Pony

We need RWBY discussion thread.
Also chakrams are small maybe dual wield. Nowhere big as a staff (though traditional mage for me is someone that uses a staff).

When plans go awry.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Ramisha on 2014 Jul 23, 05:16:43
If the weapon is huge it's probably a staff or even a hammer or a swor. But you know what would be cool? Chakrams. :3 Like Xena the warrior princess.
Oh, right, this is not on topic at all.. so.. uh, I'm annoyed by how poorly teachers are treated and how they don't get much money... while some football player runs around and kicks a ball and gets tons of fame and money.

Speaking of football players... When celebrities get easily forgiven and people quickly and easily forget about bad things they did, just because they're famous and have a lot of money.

Rissian

When a game wants you to sell your life to it just to get a stronger item, in Megaman Zero to use a cyber elf that raises your max hp by double takes 3000 crystals the game has no good farming spots and it could take up to 12 hours to get that many even longer if you already beat the main bosses and have reached the final boss. I'm up against Copy X with only a full lifebar matching the old SNES days not a double lifebar. I also have no sub tanks or healing elves. I can fight him like this it's just really annoying to.   >:/

The cyber elf system in the newer games is much better at least, so if I win I'll just go straight to the sequels in order.

DawnsEmbrace

Quote from: Trege on 2014 Jul 23, 06:57:27
When a game wants you to sell your life to it just to get a stronger item, in Megaman Zero to use a cyber elf that raises your max hp by double takes 3000 crystals the game has no good farming spots and it could take up to 12 hours to get that many even longer if you already beat the main bosses and have reached the final boss. I'm up against Copy X with only a full lifebar matching the old SNES days not a double lifebar. I also have no sub tanks or healing elves. I can fight him like this it's just really annoying to.   >:/

The cyber elf system in the newer games is much better at least, so if I win I'll just go straight to the sequels in order.

Megaman Zero!  Wahoooo!
Anyway, you know what annoys me?

The first Megaman Zero has this obnoxious reputation for being really hard, and I just don't see it.  Sure most boss attacks can kill you with 3-4 hits, but dodge them!  Get better, learn!
At one point I though "I'm gonna beat this on hard.  Just for the heck of it."
And lemme tell you, it's worse on hard and I STILL beat it.

I feel like that reputation comes from the fact that people give up too easily.  Giving up is the best way to forge memories that a game is impossible to beat, and then they spread that dislike to everyone they know, only increasing the problem.

I mean...I guess I can't be the perfect judge, I've Megaman'd with the best of the X series, even the bad ones.  Not to mention I've been doing it since I was 4 years old, but c'mon!
It's not that hard!

On a note defending the 3000 crystals thing, I agree it takes a lot of energy crystal hunting to get it, but think about what you're getting for it.
You're doubling your maximum life, and if you're a skilled player that outright breaks the game.
<br />

Night Pony

The fact that the new character that's coming to Vindictus will be a female long sworded mage. I wanted the sword mage to be male. DD:
Yes you cannot change their gender.

Chromastone64

Me and my dad are trying to set up a recording thing for my TV so I can make videos, but the thing can't decide if it needs to be HDMI or component. Granted, I have NO knowledge of TVs, so I'm completely stumped.  :c
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

LostSanity

When a storm passes through my area that makes my power go off and makes me lose internet.

Everything is fine now, but, my ISP took 7 hours to fix the outage.

:l
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Rissian

Quote from: DawnsEmbrace on 2014 Jul 23, 11:04:09
Spoiler: show
Quote from: Trege on 2014 Jul 23, 06:57:27

Megaman Zero!  Wahoooo!
Anyway, you know what annoys me?

The first Megaman Zero has this obnoxious reputation for being really hard, and I just don't see it.  Sure most boss attacks can kill you with 3-4 hits, but dodge them!  Get better, learn!
At one point I though "I'm gonna beat this on hard.  Just for the heck of it."
And lemme tell you, it's worse on hard and I STILL beat it.

I feel like that reputation comes from the fact that people give up too easily.  Giving up is the best way to forge memories that a game is impossible to beat, and then they spread that dislike to everyone they know, only increasing the problem.

I mean...I guess I can't be the perfect judge, I've Megaman'd with the best of the X series, even the bad ones.  Not to mention I've been doing it since I was 4 years old, but c'mon!
It's not that hard!

On a note defending the 3000 crystals thing, I agree it takes a lot of energy crystal hunting to get it, but think about what you're getting for it.
You're doubling your maximum life, and if you're a skilled player that outright breaks the game.

I ended up beating the final boss without it  ovO I've played Megaman since X1 came out. MMZ is hard but every boss has a pattern like in most Megaman games. I just like collecting HP in the games. I really like MMZ4's elf system.  I just hate how they made it 3k crystals in MMZ1 considering the only boss left was the final boss it wasn't really worth attempting. So I just fought him over and over again until I figured out his pattern I hadn't played MMZ1 in years. But yeah I love this series.

The summer heat today man. It's over 92 degrees outside and our central air conditioner is dead.

Go Up