Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Ramisha

Night Pony

I will sometimes say never...
You should watch the video 'Daily Life of Rustin Hieber'. lol

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Pipkin

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Feb 18, 07:58:13
First, it got an update that put another ad space, this time at the top of every IM window, so... I have this big, flashy, constantly animated, ugly banner ad that I have to try to ignore. I wish AdBlock worked on Skype. I really do.

When I log off Skype, I often click X, which minimizes the program, for some absurd reason (good job, Microsoft, pointless feature). I'm too lazy to go through the extra motions of right-click, Quit Skype, Are you sure?, YES DANG IT. (Good job, Microsoft. Really. Brilliantly stupid design.) So, I just leave it like that overnight.

But lately, when I come back and bring Skype back up, it freezes, and I have to force it to close, or it will literally sit there perpetually frozen.
It started doing this after that update that puts a banner ad. :l

The night before last, Skype suddenly got a ton of horrible lag. I clicked sign out, aaaaaand.... it froze. I had to force it to close.
Yesterday, I uninstalled, redownloaded, and reinstalled Skype, just to see if that would solve anything. Well, I got some lag just a little while ago that seemed to be coming from Skype.
So, yeah... I have Skype actually completely closed right now because there's no one on to talk to right now anyway.

*Flips every desk in Micro$oft headquarters*

1st point-Yeah, that really annoyed me too, since the update hit my laptop....however, as I didnt restart my computer it was still on the old version of skype so I found out about the ads before I restarted my computer so I shut off skype's automatic updates....but I still had ads on my laptop's skype....so I copy/pasted my computer's skype folder to my laptop, shut off it's auto update and BAM!  No ads.
2nd point-This REALLY annoys me
3rd point-This happens ALL THE TIME with Herpy's group, and just his group.  Sometimes it crashes my skype numerous times before the chat finally comes up...

they need to overhaul it i think.....

Prismatic

2014 Feb 18, 17:23:56 #12243 Last Edit: 2014 Feb 18, 17:26:12 by Prismatic
QuoteWhen I log off Skype, I often click X, which minimizes the program, for some absurd reason (good job, Microsoft, pointless feature).

That's been standard on Instant Messengers since 1997.  ;)

Although seriously with the 6.11 API rewrites I do believe the 'Cloud' mode is hardly ready for primetime, which is why Skype likes to freeze up...Or something.

While on the subject the dumb thing that annoys me is that there is no true invisible mode, I can ping through it.

Pipkin

Adding onto skype annoying me, particularly Herpy's group again...my messages weren't going through......it was lagging to the point that
"[6:47:29 PM] Rainbow Dash: test
[6:48:12 PM] *** Rainbow Dash has left ***
[6:49:15 PM] *** Derpy removed Rainbow Dash from this conversation. ***
[6:49:19 PM] *** Derpy added Rainbow Dash ***"
I was able to leave, but my laptop/mobile account still had to kick me in order to re-add me.....

Prismatic

Heh...When I was added to my local brony Skype group once...It took 32 hours for it to show up on my end.

Dashieisbestpony

2014 Feb 18, 21:04:40 #12246 Last Edit: 2014 Feb 18, 22:22:45 by Astranacus
Ummm, lets see, things i hate... where do i start? My mom, math, bullies, haters, egg plant, squash, any kind. The fact that my older sister gets to go vistmy cus, ( I hate this next thing >:O)

- message has been edited to be more appropriate for the forum -
Oof it's been too long

Chishio Kunrin

Companies that desperately need to get it together:
Microsoft
Google

Microsoft is like a friggin' rollercoaster. Sometimes, they come out with some pretty good stuff and fix their mistakes. After that, they plummet into the ground and come out with really bad or horrible stuff, make terrible decisions, and maybe even break things. They're in that kind of down period right now (Windows 8, Skype, Xbox One), and I'm very tired of it.

Google... You wanted to jump on the social media bandwagon, and when Google+ never became popular, instead of just letting it die, you forced it on us via Youtube. Rude, very rude. :/
They also need to fix the new Content ID algorithm and just... STOP TRYING TO "IMPROVE" YOUTUBE! >:O You're wrecking it!

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

super_chris85

when the temperature jumps from 30 F to 84 F

Stalephreak

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Feb 18, 22:48:48
Microsoft
Google

Microsoft is like a friggin' rollercoaster. Sometimes, they come out with some pretty good stuff and fix their mistakes. After that, they plummet into the ground and come out with really bad or horrible stuff, make terrible decisions, and maybe even break things. They're in that kind of down period right now (Windows 8, Skype, Xbox One), and I'm very tired of it.

Google... You wanted to jump on the social media bandwagon, and when Google+ never became popular, instead of just letting it die, you forced it on us via Youtube. Rude, very rude. :/
They also need to fix the new Content ID algorithm and just... STOP TRYING TO "IMPROVE" YOUTUBE! >:O You're wrecking it!

What's worse is that windows is the STANDARD for gaming platform, so we can't escape the Microsoft issue.  WINE only goes so far. 
Founding Member of Zero Fox Mercenary Corps
In-Game Name:  Wheel Trouble

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Stalephreak on 2014 Feb 19, 00:42:01
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Feb 18, 22:48:48
Microsoft
Google

What's worse is that windows is the STANDARD for gaming platform, so we can't escape the Microsoft issue.  WINE only goes so far.

My laptop came with Windows 8. I upgraded it to 8.1, which I was told would make it act like Windows 7. Well, that was a lie.
I'm probably gonna see if I can downgrade it to Windows 7. Windows 8 is a total mess, and the Skype app is awful.

Prismatic

Well...It does genuinely annoy me that I've been using Windows 8 since 2011 so I am used to it. :/

Probably because I don't see what is wrong with it (I mean, Vista/7's start menus were unnavigable on a laptop by default).

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Prismatic on 2014 Feb 19, 03:36:15
Well...It does genuinely annoy me that I've been using Windows 8 since 2011 so I am used to it. :/

Probably because I don't see what is wrong with it (I mean, Vista/7's start menus were unnavigable on a laptop by default).

One of the biggest things I hate about Windows 8 is the Skype app, to be honest... I'm used to the actual Skype program, where every single thing is available right in front of me, and it actually stays scrolled up to the first message I've missed, so I can read what I missed in the conversation while the IM was minimized/tabbed out of.

I don't really like having to use an OS designed for touch screens as a computer OS.

Ramisha

There's this one guy in my school who's studying for a maths competition
and he studies ALL DAY EVERY DAY that's 6 HOURS OF MATHS every DAY his brain must be rotten by now (although he had 84% on the competition)
why do people do that?? it's evil

Midnight Breeze

A patient came onto our inpatient psych unit with a highly contagious gastroenteritis virus, which quickly reached epidemic status on the unit. At the moment 5 out of 6 patients, 2 out of 4 nurses, and 1 out of 8 technicians are ill and suffering from dehydration-inducing diarrhea and vomiting. If too many of the staff get sick we'll have serious understaffing issues.

I have a dull ache in my stomach right now. I'm praying it's just a nocebo.

Stalephreak

Quote from: Prismatic on 2014 Feb 19, 03:36:15

I'm not sure I understand what you mean bun unnavigable on a laptop.  It's not terribly different from the way windows has always had the start menu.  The auto search is actually an addition that I like, rather than having to sift through file trees.
Founding Member of Zero Fox Mercenary Corps
In-Game Name:  Wheel Trouble

Chishio Kunrin

I'm very tired right now, so I'm probably not thinking straight. As such, rather than over-explaining myself like I usually do, I went with a short, sweet, and simple reply to something on Facebook meaning one thing... only for the poster to interpret it as meaning the complete opposite. The matter that was being discussed was a very serious subject, and I looked like an insensitive idiot because of a misinterpretation where the other person took a horrible message from what I said and seemed a tad offended. As soon as I saw it, I calmly and politely explained what I really meant, though I do feel the tiniest bit offended that the other person actually thought that I meant that.

So... You know what they say assuming does... :/

And yes, I'm being vague because the matter that was being discussed is too serious for this forum, and leaving it out really doesn't affect my story/tiny rant.

Nutshell: I hate when someone takes something I say the completely wrong way.

Ramisha

I have an obsessive-compulsive disorder  :c it really annoys me sometimes, but what annoys me more is not being able to wash my hands! When I wash them, I can do everything normally but before I do I'm anxious and I can't touch anything because it may get "contained".

BlazeyE

Breaking a couple of toes because you trusted a rookie to chock a car wreck correctly, and now having to spend seven weeks out of work recovering.
I sell PR and PR accessories.

Prismatic

2014 Feb 19, 17:40:24 #12259 Last Edit: 2014 Feb 19, 17:44:57 by Prismatic
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Feb 19, 07:35:26
One of the biggest things I hate about Windows 8 is the Skype app, to be honest... I'm used to the actual Skype program, where every single thing is available right in front of me, and it actually stays scrolled up to the first message I've missed, so I can read what I missed in the conversation while the IM was minimized/tabbed out of.

I don't really like having to use an OS designed for touch screens as a computer OS.

You can use Skype for Desktop like you would any other MS operating system.  I don't even use any apps for Windows 8 and clicking 'Desktop' when I log in doesn't bother me.  It's all about options which Microsoft is thankfully still supporting.

Quote from: Stalephreak on 2014 Feb 19, 13:22:41
I'm not sure I understand what you mean bun unnavigable on a laptop.  It's not terribly different from the way windows has always had the start menu.  The auto search is actually an addition that I like, rather than having to sift through file trees.

I consider myself spoiled by the TrackPoint™ which is standard issue on nearly every ThinkPad manufactured as well as the iconic seven row non-chichlet keyboard.  However all of my internet-ready ThinkPads use Windows XP, so I never really got the hang of a standard touchpad (since I loathe them; noting that Panasonic Toughbook touchpads are pressure based rather than touch.  So you can't accidentally operate them) on another OS.  The problem that exists in the start menu in Vista/7 is still a tree exactly the same as it is in XP but condensed into a much smaller window.  You have to either move the inaccurate touchpad to the arrows or attempt to use the scroll function on the right side of the menu/touchpad.

As for the auto search.  I sometimes use it but I don't like moving my hand off the touchpad and back onto the keyboard (whereas said TrackPoint is already on the middle of the keyboard so 9/10 of my fingers are still ready to type).  You know, just in case the program I'm looking for starts with the letter 'M'.

Bear in mind none of the laptops I've used on Windows Vista/7 are ergonomic.

Go Up