Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Randam Saiko

When you're thrown into the smack middle of a story without any knowledge of what's going on and who the heck is who and the writer thinks/expects you know the entire background story prior to being thrown in or know it the second you're thrown it.

Emit, you mischievous little...
My OCs

Midnight Breeze

Ignorant patients who know nothing about their own medication. Because knowing what substances you are putting into your body is overrated, right?

They don't know the name of the med they take or what it does. All they know is that they take a 'little blue pill'. Of course, that poses a problem. Different pharmaceutical companies make their pills in different shapes and sizes. Even if it's the exact same medication, one company might package it in a round blue pill, while another will package it in an oblong orange pill. Queue the paranoia.

"Wait...this isn't my meds."

"Yes, ma'aam, it is. See, this is your Lexapro, your Klonopin, your..."

"No! I take two green pills and a blue one! These aren't mine! HELP HE'S TRYING TO POISON ME!!!"

Teal Turken

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Jan 17, 08:29:46
Ignorant patients who know nothing about their own medication. Because knowing what substances you are putting into your body is overrated, right?

They don't know the name of the med they take or what it does. All they know is that they take a 'little blue pill'. Of course, that poses a problem. Different pharmaceutical companies make their pills in different shapes and sizes. Even if it's the exact same medication, one company might package it in a round blue pill, while another will package it in an oblong orange pill. Queue the paranoia.

"Wait...this isn't my meds."

"Yes, ma'aam, it is. See, this is your Lexapro, your Klonopin, your..."

"No! I take two green pills and a blue one! These aren't mine! HELP HE'S TRYING TO POISON ME!!!"

I bet my mom knows what this is like. She's an X-Ray tech and I'm sure she has to give people medications they aren't familiar with.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Randam Saiko on 2014 Jan 17, 00:08:40
When you're thrown into the smack middle of a story without any knowledge of what's going on and who the heck is who and the writer thinks/expects you know the entire background story prior to being thrown in or know it the second you're thrown it.

If it's not a sequel, I blame the game developers probably wanting to appeal to people who get all angry when there's "too much story" and complaining that they just want to play the game immediately.

Those people kind of annoy me, by the way.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Teal Turken

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Jan 17, 17:45:49

If it's not a sequel, I blame the game developers probably wanting to appeal to people who get all angry when there's "too much story" and complaining that they just want to play the game immediately.

People that keep asking you what's going on, but the story has outright told them but they just weren't paying attention.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Teal Turken on 2014 Jan 17, 18:25:11
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Jan 17, 17:45:49

People that keep asking you what's going on, but the story has outright told them but they just weren't paying attention.

Like when someone keeps talking and messing with stuff during a movie, and then they whisper to you "This plot is so confusing."

Midnight Breeze

Once again Louisiana takes the cake as the prison capital of the world. Our state has a staggering 1500 per capita incarceration rate, more than doubling that of the second-placer; Alabama, at 700. And it's all thanks to corruption on a state level wanting to keep private prisons full to make money.

Such statistics are completely unacceptable in a nation that calls itself the land of the free.

Flagwaver

Dumb thing that annoys me number 388:

Most of the clothing styles nowadays seems to be going to an off-gray and subdued in their colors.  This includes hats and shoes.  While I have no problem with this, at night they fade into the background wearing the perfect shades for urban movement.  If they were wearing black, it would be much easier to see them as the black would stand out to the darker hues of the night.  When they are on bicycles without reflectors, it makes things even worse.  And, when they are walking slowly cross unlit crosswalks while paying more attention to their phones than to the traffic speeding toward that intersection...

That's what annoys me, number 388!

Pipkin

I seriously can't go anywhere or do anything at all online on saturdays without seeing episode spoilers

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Flagwaver on 2014 Jan 18, 02:11:03
Dumb thing that annoys me number 388:

Most of the clothing styles nowadays seems to be going to an off-gray and subdued in their colors.  This includes hats and shoes.  While I have no problem with this, at night they fade into the background wearing the perfect shades for urban movement.  If they were wearing black, it would be much easier to see them as the black would stand out to the darker hues of the night.  When they are on bicycles without reflectors, it makes things even worse.  And, when they are walking slowly cross unlit crosswalks while paying more attention to their phones than to the traffic speeding toward that intersection...

That's what annoys me, number 388!

^^^^ Ah, yes, this proves that the idea that ninjas wore black is a huge misconception. Instead, they wore muted colors. If they wore black, they'd still be a visible shadow or silhouette.
Also, as much as I don't much like bright vivid colors, especially in my clothes, I don't like this clothing color trend either. As Flagwaver pointed out, that's rather dangerous at night.

Quote from: Pipkin on 2014 Jan 18, 15:45:58
I seriously can't go anywhere or do anything at all online on saturdays without seeing episode spoilers

That's why I don't log on Facebook until I've seen the latest episode.
I'm certainly glad I waited today. Otherwise, the surprise would've been spoiled for me.

Randam Saiko

2014 Jan 18, 21:18:36 #11990 Last Edit: 2014 Jan 19, 09:30:38 by Randam Saiko
When you microwave a gratuitous pile of food and the outside is perfectly hot, but when you bite and your teeth makes contact with the inner parts, it's still cold.

Emit, you mischievous little...
My OCs

Pipkin

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Jan 18, 21:06:14
Quote from: Pipkin on 2014 Jan 18, 15:45:58

That's why I don't log on Facebook until I've seen the latest episode.
I'm certainly glad I waited today. Otherwise, the surprise would've been spoiled for me.

The spoiler was on skype which I always have open on my computer.  It was literally the first thing I saw when I walked in the door

Midnight Breeze

People who fly CSA flags. Why would anyone want to support that epic failure of a country? I'd be embarrassed to fly that flag if I were you.

Pipkin

I wake up in 3.5 hours....curse you wacky sleep schedule and game addictions!

Julius

2014 Jan 20, 06:50:44 #11994 Last Edit: 2014 Jan 20, 06:53:50 by Julius
Quote from: Pipkin on 2014 Jan 20, 02:08:41
I wake up in 3.5 hours....curse you wacky sleep schedule and game addictions!

At least you wake up at the desired time. I'm such a heavy sleeper that most of the time I'd rather not sleep. DD:

(I love being a heavy sleeper though. I mean, I can sleep however I want/wherever I want/whenever I want without being disturbed by anything. It goes well with being the Napivore and I do see how being a light sleeper would be annoying but still, it has its downsides...)
Purr~

Little Star

When I text someone about something awesome I expect them to respond with "That's awesome! Or Congrats!"
They respond with
"cool"

Julius and Laptop know how much I hate this

Julius

Quote from: StarSong on 2014 Jan 20, 10:05:30
When I text someone about something awesome I expect them to respond with "That's awesome! Or Congrats!"
They respond with
"cool"

Cool story bro. Just kidding. :P
Purr~

GoldenTerrabyte

They respond with
"cool"

I know, right? It bugs me a ton!
I'm back

Jenzy

Quote from: Yellowpikmin476 on 2014 Jan 20, 17:00:49
They respond with
"cool"

It gets really annoying. And I get this a lot as well.

It really isn't cool. They could at least pretend to be impressed and say something else besides just that one word. :l

Usually, I'm like "Oh, hey. That's awesome!" than "Well that's cool..."

byndbored

2014 Jan 20, 23:00:24 #11999 Last Edit: 2014 Jan 21, 00:39:48 by byndbored
Quote from: Jenzy on 2014 Jan 20, 18:19:20
Quote from: Yellowpikmin476 on 2014 Jan 20, 17:00:49
They respond with
"cool"

It gets really annoying. And I get this a lot as well.

It really isn't cool. They could at least pretend to be impressed and say something else besides just that one word. :l

Usually, I'm like "Oh, hey. That's awesome!" than "Well that's cool..."
This may sound weird but I don't like using words like awesome or congrats, I guess I just really don't like being enthusiastic that much. (for me things are either just good or okay; mostly okay though.)
Spoiler: show
I'm weird

Edit: People are trying to get rid of net neutrality. >:O
Said no to being given a Lucario Pokemon X.
My oc board is in my Signature
http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=2268.0

Go Up