Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Elphyda

When you lose a TINY key in a huge, messy room.

Chishio Kunrin

People in the RWBY fandom keep asking if faunus can transform into animals, wanting to make faunus OCs who can do that, etc.

I'm pretty sure they can't. RWBY doesn't seem like that kind of show where people can have physical transformations where their body itself changes.

I think the most that could happen would be for a faunus to have a semblance that gives their body a visible, heavy coating of aura in the shape of whatever animal they have a feature of. Like, a wolf faunus would have a wolf-like or werewolf shape of glowing aura coating their body.

As cool as it would be, I don't think it's possible in RWBY. Go ahead and make an OC like that for an AU (Alternate Universe), but... if you're talking about canon, you need to try to think within the reality, limitations, and physics of the canon.

There are even people who try to ask if and theorize that a grimm could look like a person and have an aura. What they don't think about is that aura comes from the soul, and grimm do not have souls. If it has aura, that means it has a soul, and if it has a soul, it's not grimm. Therefore, grimm cannot have aura, and anything that has aura cannot be a grimm.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Chromastone64

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Oct 10, 17:07:51
There are even people who try to ask if and theorize that a grimm could look like a person and have an aura. What they don't think about is that aura comes from the soul, and grimm do not have souls. If it has aura, that means it has a soul, and if it has a soul, it's not grimm. Therefore, grimm cannot have aura, and anything that has aura cannot be a grimm.

Yo dawg, I heard you like Grimms.
...I'm so sorry, I had too.
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Night Pony

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Oct 10, 17:07:51

But you are saying a grimm could look like a person?  X3

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Sweet Brew

No one, and I mean no one takes me seriously anymore.
If something I said I'd do is late they assume I "wasn't serious" and think I'm lazy.

And I can't get a darn thing done because I have nothing to do it with.
Then they yell at me telling me to get a job so I can buy the stuff...
Then they don't take me seriously enough to help me do just that...

Unless I want to walk 15 miles to town just to get treated like dirt at Wal-fart or something I can't do anything.

So...my life is derped. ^-^
Running away is always an option. ovO

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Night Pony on 2015 Oct 10, 18:39:13
But you are saying a grimm could look like a person?  X3

There's nothing saying they can't, so right now, I don't really oppose it. :P
Before, we thought all grimm were based on animals, until we saw the Creeps in the end of volume 2, and in the volume 2 director's commentary, they said the Creeps aren't based on any animal.

I dunno if it would look exactly like a person, though. Grimm tend to have bone plates and bone spikes, unless they're a baby. The Beowolves in the Red Trailer were babies.

Well, out-of-universe, they were a prototype, but they seem to have found a way to make them canon in-universe.

The Red and White Trailers both had prototypes, while the Black and Yellow Trailers were more complete.
The White Trailer had the prototype version of dust. That's why there's such an inconsistency between what red dust does in the White Trailer and in the show. It's fire, in the show.

Night Pony

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Oct 11, 12:15:54
There's nothing saying they can't, so right now, I don't really oppose it. :P
Before, we thought all grimm were based on animals, until we saw the Creeps in the end of volume 2, and in the volume 2 director's commentary, they said the Creeps aren't based on any animal.

I dunno if it would look exactly like a person, though. Grimm tend to have bone plates and bone spikes, unless they're a baby. The Beowolves in the Red Trailer were babies.

Well, out-of-universe, they were a prototype, but they seem to have found a way to make them canon in-universe.

The Red and White Trailers both had prototypes, while the Black and Yellow Trailers were more complete.
The White Trailer had the prototype version of dust. That's why there's such an inconsistency between what red dust does in the White Trailer and in the show. It's fire, in the show.

But there isn't a grimm that isn't black so far right? Doesn't that mean that in addition to no soul they have bone plates and black colour in common with each other? Unless someone loses their soul somehow and branded as grimm whcih could work too.  :P

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Night Pony on 2015 Oct 11, 12:22:05
But there isn't a grimm that isn't black so far right? Doesn't that mean that in addition to no soul they have bone plates and black colour in common with each other? Unless someone loses their soul somehow and branded as grimm whcih could work too.  :P

In the show? No.
In the video game? Yes. Though, I dunno if they're keeping the white Beowolf.

In an older version of Grimm Eclipse, you could only play as Ruby, and once you defeated all the Beowolves on the map, the map would become foggy, and a much stronger white Beowolf with black bone spikes and yellow eyes would come after you. This Beowolf is smarter than the other ones in the game, and it can block your attacks and will try to get behind you. I think it also moves away from you when it feels too threatened. Now, why can't the grimm be like that in the show? :\

But yeah, they do have a color scheme they adhere to. In the volume 1 director's commentary, Monty said the grimm color scheme is red, white, black, and sometimes a little yellow, citing the Death Stalker's (scorpion's) stinger as the yellow. Funny that the grimm follow the same color scheme that makes up Team RWBY.

Night Pony

I don't recall Grimm other than black unless you are refering to the knight in the white trailer. Plus they could keep the stronger type grimm for later date and just go with the most common ones at this point.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Night Pony on 2015 Oct 11, 13:30:15
I don't recall Grimm other than black unless you are refering to the knight in the white trailer. Plus they could keep the stronger type grimm for later date and just go with the most common ones at this point.

No, not the knight.
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Oct 11, 13:23:00
In the show? No.
In the video game? Yes.
Though, I dunno if they're keeping the white Beowolf.

In an older version of Grimm Eclipse, you could only play as Ruby, and once you defeated all the Beowolves on the map, the map would become foggy, and a much stronger white Beowolf with black bone spikes and yellow eyes would come after you. This Beowolf is smarter than the other ones in the game, and it can block your attacks and will try to get behind you. I think it also moves away from you when it feels too threatened. Now, why can't the grimm be like that in the show? :\

Night Pony

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Oct 11, 15:24:39
No, not the knight.

Oh.... well I haven't watched/played it so I'm not familiar with it. They could just use different visuals for stronger enemies like a lot of games.

Midnight Breeze

MarshyMellow

My new pair of earbuds somehow got misplaced or stolen today.. >:/

This is the second time that's happened.. :c If this keeps up, I'm going to have to strictly hide them out of anyone's sight.. >:/

Birds don't just fly they fall down and get up
Nobody learns without getting it wrong

Chishio Kunrin

2015 Oct 12, 17:15:45 #17353 Last Edit: 2015 Oct 12, 17:19:59 by Chishio Kunrin
Quote from: Night Pony on 2015 Oct 11, 15:38:37
Oh.... well I haven't watched/played it so I'm not familiar with it. They could just use different visuals for stronger enemies like a lot of games.

Dang it, wiki made the image tiny again.
Anyway, yeah, I don't know if a white Beowolf is actually canon, and I don't know if they really plan to keep it in the game, since we haven't seen it since the multiplayer update.

I kinda hope white grimm are possible, though. I have an idea for arctic fox grimm that are native to Mantle, the continent that Atlas is on. Grimm would be much more dangerous on that snowy continent if they were white instead of black.

Post Merge

Oh, right, annoying thing, hmmm. I found a DS game I got for Christmas that I still haven't played, so I found my 3DS. I checked what game was in there, hoping it was Fantasy Life because I wanna pick that back up again, and it wasn't, so I looked for my other DS/3DS games, buuut...

me: *Wandering the house* Where are they?! I lost my games! DD: Where did I put them?!!
*Minutes later*
me: Wait. Did I put them in the games cabinet? *Checks, finds them* I'm an idiot. Wait. I'm a genius! *Looks through them, no Fantasy Life* I'm an idiot.

I finally found it, though, but geez. Maybe I do need to be more organized. :s

Night Pony

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Oct 12, 17:15:45
Dang it, wiki made the image tiny again.
Anyway, yeah, I don't know if a white Beowolf is actually canon, and I don't know if they really plan to keep it in the game, since we haven't seen it since the multiplayer update.

I kinda hope white grimm are possible, though. I have an idea for arctic fox grimm that are native to Mantle, the continent that Atlas is on. Grimm would be much more dangerous on that snowy continent if they were white instead of black.

It would be logical for grimm to be adapted to their surrounding and the colour scheme being one of those adaptations. Would explain why they are white if the area where the school is rarely snows.

LostSanity

Two words:

HADES CUP.

I died to Behemoth even though I beat it in Hollow Bastion on my first try.

IT TOOK ME 4 ATTEMPTS JUST TO BEAT CERBERUS AGAIN.

I almost beat Cloud & Leon on my first attempt. UNTIL I DIDN'T.

>:O

*sighs*

I guess I suck again.  :'(

Well... I'm going to just be persistent until I win.  ovO

Oh... and Sephiroth. He killed me too many times to count.

[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: LostSanity on 2015 Oct 12, 18:15:32
Two words:

HADES CUP.

I died to Behemoth even though I beat it in Hollow Bastion on my first try.

IT TOOK ME 4 ATTEMPTS JUST TO BEAT CERBERUS AGAIN.

I almost beat Cloud & Leon on my first attempt. UNTIL I DIDN'T.

*sighs*

I guess I suck again.  :'(

Well... I'm going to just be persistent until I win.  ovO

Oh... and Sephiroth. He killed me too many times to count.

Sephiroth is, like, the hardest boss in the game. ovO The hardest part is just staying alive.

When people draw Garnet, from Steven Universe, where her hair is its normal cube shape but it's straight hair.
Like... um... no. That's... Her hair is an afro.

Literally, her hair is an afro. If you want to draw accurate fanart, you draw her hair as poofy curly hair, not smooth straight hair.

Stardust Dragon

Those days where it feels like everything goes wrong just because heck to you.  Thankfully I was able to vent well to someone who completely understood where I was coming from, so I'm no longer in such a damaged mental state that I might take a sledgehammer to stranger's doors, run about naked and/or sing "Right Said Fred" at the top of my lungs...

Sweet Brew

2015 Oct 12, 20:57:03 #17358 Last Edit: 2015 Oct 12, 22:09:59 by Sweet Brew
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Oct 12, 17:15:45Post Merge

Oh, right, annoying thing, hmmm. I found a DS game I got for Christmas that I still haven't played, so I found my 3DS. I checked what game was in there, hoping it was Fantasy Life because I wanna pick that back up again, and it wasn't, so I looked for my other DS/3DS games, buuut...

me: *Wandering the house* Where are they?! I lost my games! DD: Where did I put them?!!
*Minutes later*
me: Wait. Did I put them in the games cabinet? *Checks, finds them* I'm an idiot. Wait. I'm a genius! *Looks through them, no Fantasy Life* I'm an idiot.

I finally found it, though, but geez. Maybe I do need to be more organized. :s

He's going to be very angry with you...

Ugh...

So, I have insomnia...
Aaannnddd can't wake up...?

In the mornings I actually have a hard time phsisically moving my limps to get out of bed, or I can hear people telling me to wake up (Which I hate) yet I try to wake up and I can't!

I spend the rest of the day almost nodding off with my eyes feeling like sandpaper even though I had at least 8-9 hours of sleep.

But when I try to go to bed I can't sleep at all and it takes at least 5-7 hours to finally do so, But I'm still tired!!!
So my schedule is so gosh darned messed up, then I have people criticizing me for it calling me "Lazy".

Such is life... -.- *sigh*

It's so annoying when someone says "Rip in peace".
RIP means "Rest in peace"!

"Congratulations, you just said "Rest in peace in peace"" -.-

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Sweet Brew on 2015 Oct 12, 20:57:03
It's so annoying when someone says "Rip in peace".
RIP means "Rest in peace"!

"Congratulations, you just said "Rest in peace in peace"" -.-

Some people say it jokingly, though. :P

So, months ago, the RWBY crew released an official height chart of most of the characters from volume 2 (Raven isn't on there). The fans on the wiki put those heights on the characters' pages. Every once in a while, someone might stop by, notice Glynda's page says she's 6'5", and then proceed to claim that information is wrong.
>:/
1. Yeah, that height includes her high heels. For some reason, the RWBY crew decided to include the heights of the characters wearing their usual shoes, and some of them wear heels. That still leaves her as probably being 6'0" at the least.
2. The height chart has her standing next to Ozpin who is standing next to Ironwood, and it shows that she's close to their heights. Guess who we've seen her standing next to before, confirming that she is, indeed, around that height!

So, yeah, when she's wearing her heels, she is 6'5". Stop yelling "There's NO WAY she's that tall, THIS IS WRONG"

Go Up