Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Midnight Breeze

I spend so much time at work that Google maps has automatically saved my home as my work, and my work as my home. How pitiful.

Working in a factory 8 days a week.

Elphyda

Writer's block more intense than the flames of the sun.

Midnight Breeze

My doctor urged me to lower my sodium intake. I could open up a salt mine in my bloodstream. My blood pressure if fine now but if I continue eating like I do I'm going to have problems in my middle age.

You see, this is kinda problematic for me. I never add salt to anything. Ever. Frozen food and takeout is just naturally salty as all get-out. God knows I don't have the willpower to commit to cooking all my food so I'm faced with a dilemma.

I hear the FDA is pushing for stricter regulation on the sodium content of food but the food manufacturing industry is fighting it...especially my very employer, Tyson Foods, whom I own stocks in.

Can't forget where my profit sharing check comes from...money is thicker than salt...uh, I think.

Chibalt

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2015 Oct 14, 13:41:13
My doctor urged me to lower my sodium intake. I could open up a salt mine in my bloodstream. My blood pressure if fine now but if I continue eating like I do I'm going to have problems in my middle age.

You see, this is kinda problematic for me. I never add salt to anything. Ever. Frozen food and takeout is just naturally salty as all get-out. God knows I don't have the willpower to commit to cooking all my food so I'm faced with a dilemma.

I hear the FDA is pushing for stricter regulation on the sodium content of food but the food manufacturing industry is fighting it...especially my very employer, Tyson Foods, whom I own stocks in.

Can't forget where my profit sharing check comes from...money is thicker than salt...uh, I think.

Try making stuff in frying pans, tastes pretty good and is pretty easy.
My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11833.msg777677#msg777677
Don't be afraid to make suggestions regarding any of the characters there if you have some.

Chishio Kunrin

I can't really get myself to watch Teens React: Gaming videos when they play PC games because they keep taking their hands off the keyboard and mouse!

I keep sitting there, screaming in my mind "Keep your hand on the keyboard!!!! >:O" Like in the first video they did of The Walking Dead. So many of them just sat there with their hands off the keyboard and mouse, watching stuff happen, and then something would happen where they needed to react or answer, and they would struggle to get their hands into position!! I was like "SEE?!!! That's why you keep your hands at the ready!!!"

I don't care if there's a cutscene going on, you keep your hands at the ready on your controller or keyboard and mouse! That's pretty much a rule of gaming! You never know what's gonna happen, and you need to be ready to react!

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Jcfraven

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Oct 14, 18:30:02
I can't really get myself to watch Teens React: Gaming videos when they play PC games because they keep taking their hands off the keyboard and mouse!

I keep sitting there, screaming in my mind "Keep your hand on the keyboard!!!! >:O" Like in the first video they did of The Walking Dead. So many of them just sat there with their hands off the keyboard and mouse, watching stuff happen, and then something would happen where they needed to react or answer, and they would struggle to get their hands into position!! I was like "SEE?!!! That's why you keep your hands at the ready!!!"

I don't care if there's a cutscene going on, you keep your hands at the ready on your controller or keyboard and mouse! That's pretty much a rule of gaming! You never know what's gonna happen, and you need to be ready to react!

But you see, the teens aren't paid to truly react(meaning to stuff happening in the games), only to commentate it all. Humor in death is a lot of the humor.

Sweet Brew

Quote from: Jcfraven on 2015 Oct 14, 20:40:47
But you see, the teens aren't paid to truly react(meaning to stuff happening in the games), only to commentate it all. Humor in death is a lot of the humor.
Also, the fine bros (If they're the "React" things you're watching) aren't authentic, They doctor up and edit a lot of the stuff to make it the way they want it.

It's why I don't really care about them at all...it's not funny when it's not real.

Jcfraven

Quote from: Sweet Brew on 2015 Oct 14, 21:57:48
Also, the fine bros (If they're the "React" things you're watching) aren't authentic, They doctor up and edit a lot of the stuff to make it the way they want it.

It's why I don't really care about them at all...it's not funny when it's not real.

I see where you're coming from, but at the end of the day, many groups/companies are similar in a way, Roosterteeth/Achievement Hunter being an example(payed to lie/alter opinions), though at the core still presenting entertainment, and still fun to watch.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Jcfraven on 2015 Oct 14, 22:28:47
I see where you're coming from, but at the end of the day, many groups/companies are similar in a way, Roosterteeth/Achievement Hunter being an example(payed to lie/alter opinions), though at the core still presenting entertainment, and still fun to watch.

I don't see how Rooster Teeth and Achievement Hunter lie and alter opinions. I do know, though, that they try not to let their controversial opinions show because they don't want to cause problems in the fanbase. That, and they censor anything that would be considered too offensive, which is usually something Gavin says, in my experience.

I know that Rage Quit is mainly just Michael acting, though it's thanks to that experience that he's a really good voice actor now. Even Michael is tired of Rage Quit, which is why they don't really post it anymore.

Of course, the Let's Play Live Documentary trailer felt like any other commercial - manipulated and overhyped. But they are a company, and it seems like they're having problems keeping up income from Sponsors, which is why they're trying to make more Sponsor-exclusive content and changed it to where episodes of stuff now comes out the day before public release rather than a few hours before public release. I just wish that I won't have to dodge RWBY spoilers for a whole day, every week. :s

Jcfraven

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Oct 15, 13:11:03
I don't see how Rooster Teeth and Achievement Hunter lie and alter opinions. I do know, though, that they try not to let their controversial opinions show because they don't want to cause problems in the fanbase. That, and they censor anything that would be considered too offensive, which is usually something Gavin says, in my experience.

Usually it tends to be with games notably bad, on many(or all) standards, but they hype it up anyway, for monetary gain. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure they wouldn't do it if they didn't have fun, and it's obvious they're having fun, but some opinions seem like a pay-off, or uneducated. I still like them regardless though.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Jcfraven on 2015 Oct 15, 16:27:23
Usually it tends to be with games notably bad, on many(or all) standards, but they hype it up anyway, for monetary gain. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure they wouldn't do it if they didn't have fun, and it's obvious they're having fun, but some opinions seem like a pay-off, or uneducated. I still like them regardless though.

At least they seem to not always do it.

Like, when they did the MMO simulator part of Goat Simulator, Gavin was like "Do people pay money for this? WHY? Wait, is this sponsored?"
"No."
"Okay. Why would you pay money for this?!!"

Howitzer

I'm going to give you all a little bit of advice that might be a bit of a help.

Do NOT EVER work for Walmart

Making Walmart a hiring option should not even be a last resort, it should be a last resort of your last resort. If not, there is a good chance you will regret it within a month or two.
LoE not working as it should? Submit bugs here: http://phabricator.legendsofequestria.com/maniphest/task/edit/form/1/
------->  Jurassic Systems <-----------

Jcfraven

Quote from: Howitzer on 2015 Oct 15, 22:04:43
I'm going to give you all a little bit of advice that might be a bit of a help.

Do NOT EVER work for Walmart

Making Walmart a hiring option should not even be a last resort, it should be a last resort of your last resort. If not, there is a good chance you will regret it within a month or two.

Mind elaborating a tad as to why?

Howitzer

Quote from: Jcfraven on 2015 Oct 15, 22:39:39
Mind elaborating a tad as to why?

Walmart does not care about its employees, they only care about making sure the customer comes in to spend money. Pay isn't great. They force you to work harder even if you did your job and have absolutely nothing to do. Workplace code enforcement? nope. Have a problem with something? Don't rely on management, no help. The customers are condescending.

Just trust me, there are better places to work for.
LoE not working as it should? Submit bugs here: http://phabricator.legendsofequestria.com/maniphest/task/edit/form/1/
------->  Jurassic Systems <-----------

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Howitzer on 2015 Oct 15, 22:53:18
Walmart does not care about its employees, they only care about making sure the customer comes in to spend money. Pay isn't great. They force you to work harder even if you did your job and have absolutely nothing to do. Workplace code enforcement? nope. Have a problem with something? Don't rely on management, no help. The customers are condescending.

Just trust me, there are better places to work for.

You had to work there before you realized this?

That isn't exactly groundbreaking journalism, heh.

Chishio Kunrin

So, the RWBY volume 3 opening was released today (SQUEEEEE!!!!! :D) technically yesterday 'cause it's almost 1:30 AM here but whatever, and it revealed and confirmed so many things (SQUEEEEEE!!!! ovO).

What's annoying about this?
The silly people who seem to forget what show we're watching.

Spoiler: show
So, there's this character named Qrow (pronounced Crow), and he has been said to wield a scythe, and a silhouette of him was even shown wielding a scythe in volume 2. At RTX, they showed us concept art of Qrow:

In the volume 3 opening, he is shown with his weapon in compact form attached to his back:

And in a photograph with it drawn as a big sword:

(Side note: EEEE! Summer Rose confirmed as the White Cloak from the volume 1 opening! Also confirmed as having silver eyes like Ruby (like in the headcanon I shared with the fandom)!! We finally get to see Taiyang, and he's confirmed as having blonde hair and purple eyes like Yang (like in the headcanon I shared with the fandom)! And Raven Branwen confirmed as Yang's mom, no surprise there.)

Anyway, so... There are an awful lot of people going "That's not Qrow. It can't be Qrow. He uses a scythe, remember? That's a sword."
Uh, HELLOOOO?! RWBY, the show with transforming mechanical weapons? Any of this ringing a bell? It's obviously a sword that turns into a scythe!

And there are people coming up with these theories that "Maybe he used to wield a sword, but after what happened to Summer, he started using her scythe."
Except the weapon he has attached to the back of his belt or whatever before the photo comes on the screen is the same exact weapon as the sword he's holding in the photo. :/ Same red hilt, same metal guard running parallel to the hilt, same dark gray designs on the silver blade. It's the same exact weapon.

Why must people overcomplicate things?

Midnight Breeze

Folks who pronounce the year as "Two thousand fifteen".

It's called twenty fifteen, folks. Two thousand fifteen just doesn't flow.

I was born in 1991, and I can honestly say I've never once heard anyone call my birth year "Year one thousand nine hundred ninety one". Why the double standard? Why do you have the number 20?

Night Pony

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Oct 16, 02:31:13
So, the RWBY volume 3 opening was released today (SQUEEEEE!!!!! :D) technically yesterday 'cause it's almost 1:30 AM here but whatever, and it revealed and confirmed so many things (SQUEEEEEE!!!! ovO).

What's annoying about this?
The silly people who seem to forget what show we're watching.

Spoiler: show
So, there's this character named Qrow (pronounced Crow), and he has been said to wield a scythe, and a silhouette of him was even shown wielding a scythe in volume 2. At RTX, they showed us concept art of Qrow:

In the volume 3 opening, he is shown with his weapon in compact form attached to his back:

And in a photograph with it drawn as a big sword:

(Side note: EEEE! Summer Rose confirmed as the White Cloak from the volume 1 opening! Also confirmed as having silver eyes like Ruby (like in the headcanon I shared with the fandom)!! We finally get to see Taiyang, and he's confirmed as having blonde hair and purple eyes like Yang (like in the headcanon I shared with the fandom)! And Raven Branwen confirmed as Yang's mom, no surprise there.)

Anyway, so... There are an awful lot of people going "That's not Qrow. It can't be Qrow. He uses a scythe, remember? That's a sword."
Uh, HELLOOOO?! RWBY, the show with transforming mechanical weapons? Any of this ringing a bell? It's obviously a sword that turns into a scythe!

And there are people coming up with these theories that "Maybe he used to wield a sword, but after what happened to Summer, he started using her scythe."
Except the weapon he has attached to the back of his belt or whatever before the photo comes on the screen is the same exact weapon as the sword he's holding in the photo. :/ Same red hilt, same metal guard running parallel to the hilt, same dark gray designs on the silver blade. It's the same exact weapon.

Why must people overcomplicate things?

Yay Summer Rose!
Anyway if his weapon does turn into a sword and a scythe it will be the first one we see doing that since no other character's weapon turns into different melee weapons. Usually they are a melee weapon + firearm whilst Ruby's is 2 firearm modes and a scythe.

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Sweet Brew

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2015 Oct 16, 02:44:34
Folks who pronounce the year as "Two thousand fifteen".

It's called twenty fifteen, folks. Two thousand fifteen just doesn't flow.

I was born in 1991, and I can honestly say I've never once heard anyone call my birth year "Year one thousand nine hundred ninety one". Why the double standard? Why do you have the number 20?
Ironically enough...it annoys me when people say "Twenty fifteen" and not "Two thousand Fifteen" and I have no idea why.
Does this mean we have to have a slap fight now? :(

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Sweet Brew on 2015 Oct 16, 05:40:55
Ironically enough...it annoys me when people say "Twenty fifteen" and not "Two thousand Fifteen" and I have no idea why.
Does this mean we have to have a slap fight now? :(

So....60 years from now will you be saying "two thousand seventy five"?

By then if I'm still alive I'll be too old to care.

Go Up