Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

byndbored

2014 Oct 14, 11:15:42 #14360 Last Edit: 2014 Oct 14, 12:05:27 by byndbored
The fact that "the new 3ds" is called that and not something less confusing like "the super 3ds."
Said no to being given a Lucario Pokemon X.
My oc board is in my Signature
http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=2268.0

Pipkin

School buses.

My requiring to invest in a dashcam because of school buses.

MrEmu

Ugh, it is so boring here!
I want something fun to do, the last fun thing I got was a $100.00 gift card last Christmas...
I only got to use half of it then used the other half to help someone out...I haven't gotten anything else fun afterwards...

On my Birthday I got tea and a derpy hoodie and some pony shirts which are nice and all, but not something I can have lots of fun with...

So the biggest ''fun thing'' I'v had sense Christmas was MineCraft's 1.8 update...which is sad...
*sigh* :c

I just want something fun...this boredom has lasted for months apoun months... it's almost tormenting! :'(

Midnight Breeze

People keep saying 'freedom of speech is dead'. I don't think they know what they're even talking about. Freedom of speech means that you can say, write, or express what you want without fear of being arrested or silenced. It does NOT mean that nobody is allowed to challenge or criticize you for what you say. Anytime someone mouths off and faces criticism for it, all the thought police come out of the woodwork to screech "what happened to free speech in this country!?" NOTHING! Nobody has put a muzzle on you. You are not in jail. You have not been fined. Your free speech has been protected. It does not mean you are somehow shielded from the responses and criticism of other citizens. When people talk you down because you said something stupid or offensive they are just exercising their OWN free speech. Or did you think you were the only one entitled to it?

If you think free speech should give you protection from criticism then it sounds like you're the one trying to silence people. So, why do you hate free speech, hmm?

Randam Saiko

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Oct 14, 20:25:21
People keep saying 'freedom of speech is dead'. I don't think they know what they're even talking about. Freedom of speech means that you can say, write, or express what you want without fear of being arrested or silenced. It does NOT mean that nobody is allowed to challenge or criticize you for what you say. Anytime someone mouths off and faces criticism for it, all the thought police come out of the woodwork to screech "what happened to free speech in this country!?" NOTHING! Nobody has put a muzzle on you. You are not in jail. You have not been fined. Your free speech has been protected. It does not mean you are somehow shielded from the responses and criticism of other citizens. When people talk you down because you said something stupid or offensive they are just exercising their OWN free speech. Or did you think you were the only one entitled to it?

If you think free speech should give you protection from criticism then it sounds like you're the one trying to silence people. So, why do you hate free speech, hmm?

As well as the hot heads who load their profanity rifle at every opinion that contradict their own.

It is ok to have an opinion
It is ok to have a different opinion than someone else.
It is ok to debate about your differences in thinking.
It is ok to attack their idea.

It is not ok to attack their person.
It is not ok to bring insults into a conversation.

[shadow=black,left]You are not obligated by any means to engage in verbal disagreement.[/shadow]

Everyone thinks differently.

Emit, you mischievous little...
My OCs

Chishio Kunrin

2014 Oct 14, 21:32:56 #14365 Last Edit: 2014 Oct 14, 21:57:38 by Chishio Kunrin
Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Oct 14, 03:59:33
Spoiler: show
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Oct 13, 22:09:26
Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Oct 13, 17:53:41
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Oct 13, 17:49:21
And there's no difference in volume between a medium and a large drink at McDonald's. :l They trick you into spending extra money for the same exact amount of soda!

Ummm....any sized drinks costs a dollar at McDonalds...

When did that happen? o.O I've been in a situation where buying fast food is kind of a rare special occasion for a few years now, to be honest.

It started like 3 years ago. It used to be a small cost 79 cents and a large cost 1.39 or something, so they tightened the prices on them all to 1 dollar. The logic behind it is that it raises the price of the small without anyone really noticing, and the meals automatically come with a small unless you request it larger. So unless you specifically say "I'll have a number 1 with a large drink." you will get a small. Most people don't bother doing that, so they make more money off the change than they lose, which offsets losses from the dollar menu.

If I'm feeling particularly gluttonous I'll order 2 cheeseburgers, 2 spicy chickens, a small fry and a large drink. It costs 6 bucks.
[/quote]
:I
That'll explain it. As far as I can remember, the last time I had McDonald's was sometime in my first half of high school (9th or 10th grade), and it's been 3 years since I graduated high school.

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Oct 14, 20:25:21

^^^^^
If they paid attention in school, they would know that the whole reason we have freedom of speech was because of people getting punished for badmouthing the king. The founding fathers decided that's not fair and the citizens of the US should not be punished by law officials just for saying something that the president or mayor or whatever disagrees with or dislikes.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Peace Keeper

When it comes to free speech, any side can be at fault.

On one side, authorities abuse their power against speeches they disagree, get mad about, or just downright dumb. We right now can say "President Obama stinks at doing his work" or something like that. The 1st Amendment gives absolute freedom to do whatever you like, and nobody should take it from you.

However, it doesn't mean COMPLETELY free speech. The other side of this is that something they say can cause trouble by the authority. There is something called the "Unprotected Rights of Speech". These include slander/defamation, discrimination, assault, and there's a fourth I can't remember. An example, of course, is "I'm gonna kill you for...". Thats a no-no, and I bet people say that say there is no free speech may have violated one of the unprotected rights.
Representing the Element of Peace, my name is Peacekeeper, and I am an Evershade Crusader. I am also a proud member of Chat-o-Landia. My talent is preventing conflict and maintaining order.

Little Star

As some of you may know, I went to the emergency room yesterday for immense abdominal pain.
I have medicine for nausea and pain.

I have to stay hydrated, which means needing to use the bathroom periodically.

Guess what! I have to go to school today because today is the last day before fall break.

I'm just extremely worried my pain will come back and I'll be writhing in pain in the middle of class.

Did I mention how much I hate school?

Pipkin

Quote from: StarSong on 2014 Oct 15, 07:29:59
today is the last day before fall break.

Your schools get a FALL BREAK?

Peace Keeper

Wow. Sounds pretty bad. My sister had something similar just recently.

Hope you get better Star Song. <3
Representing the Element of Peace, my name is Peacekeeper, and I am an Evershade Crusader. I am also a proud member of Chat-o-Landia. My talent is preventing conflict and maintaining order.

Ramisha

My problem is when I see somebody else's art, I either think "my art is much better (even when it's not)" or "I'll never be as good as that".
When I see my own art I think "there's so many mistakes that I can't fix, this is why I can'tget better" or "I'll never draw something as good as this again". So whichever piece of art I see it makes me sad/mad. And yet I keep making more.
Well anyway, here we have winter break (24. 12. - 3rd week of the new year), spring break (one week), summer break (3rd week of June - 2nd week of September) and a few holidays.
How long does your summer break last? Does it start earlier?

Pipkin

Quote from: Ramisha on 2014 Oct 15, 14:01:36
My problem is when I see somebody else's art, I either think "my art is much better (even when it's not)" or "I'll never be as good as that".
When I see my own art I think "there's so many mistakes that I can't fix, this is why I can'tget better" or "I'll never draw something as good as this again". So whichever piece of art I see it makes me sad/mad. And yet I keep making more.

THIS

minus the making more part....it's too emotionally taxing to spend 10+ hours on an amazing piece of art only to find out how bad it really is....
I'm trying to get back into making art but my heart just isn't in it anymore....

Chromastone64

Anyone here seen Ben 10? If so, then you probably know who THIS GUY is....

>:( Urge to rage, rising....
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

MrEmu

Quote from: LaptopBrony on 2014 Oct 15, 15:07:41

THIS

minus the making more part....it's too emotionally taxing to spend 10+ hours on an amazing piece of art only to find out how bad it really is....
I'm trying to get back into making art but my heart just isn't in it anymore....
When I'm making art I'm happy...
But when I stop I get so depressed it's not even worth it anymore... :s
It's like I'm poring my last bit of happiness into the picture...but I don't have enough...
So I end up with a 'meh' picture and more depressed then I have ever been...

Then I worry because I think "What if my watchers on DeviantART think I gave up?!" So I worry more...
I wish I had a timeless room I could hide in for a few years...

Chrisgotjar

Quote from: MrEmu on 2014 Oct 15, 17:59:11
Quote from: LaptopBrony on 2014 Oct 15, 15:07:41

THIS

When I'm making art I'm happy...
But when I stop I get so depressed it's not even worth it anymore... :s
It's like I'm poring my last bit of happiness into the picture...but I don't have enough...
So I end up with a 'meh' picture and more depressed then I have ever been...

Then I worry because I think "What if my watchers on DeviantART think I gave up?!" So I worry more...
I wish I had a timeless room I could hide in for a few years...

These things. All of these things. Gah!

Recently I've been all like "Omigosh I've got all of these super awesome ideas and they'll be super special awesome" then I sit down to actually do them and about 10 mins later my brain is all like "Pshawaaaaa what is this art thing?" and anything I try to get to look nice ends up as a scribbley mess.
You appear to be reading a signature my good sir/madam.

Peace Keeper

Talking about art makes me want to do some. The only problem is I can't do digital art well. All I got is GIMP and a mouse. If I do pony art traditionally, I pretty much would come out of the brony closet in front of the family, also my niece and nephews will love a drawing, then doodle on it, then from there it would be a mess, and worst eventually torn up by a younger sibling.

Why is it that I am good at backgrounds, but suck at ponies? There are those who are good at ponies, but suck at backgrounds. I, so far, have been on this for about 2 months already. Sometimes I get a bit lazy... okay VERY lazy. It's weird our minds be like "It Sucks" and others would be like "It's cool" and they mean it.

Spoiler: I know. It sucks! • show

Randam Saiko

This heat wave that came out of nowhere. -_-

Emit, you mischievous little...
My OCs

MrEmu

2014 Oct 16, 00:01:52 #14377 Last Edit: 2014 Oct 16, 01:55:48 by MrEmu
Quote from: Randam Saiko on 2014 Oct 15, 22:18:28
This heat wave that came out of nowhere. -_-
I know...I can't sleep at all anymore...

Spoiler:  The latest episode of Sweet Brew's rants and drama! (Edited) • show

I really see no point to life anymore...
All I can do is MineCraft...I tried art again seeing as that used to be my big specialty, that lasted all in all about 5 days...whatever happiness or motivation I had left was put into those 5 pictures and I have none left, I can do literally nothing good anymore...

I'm metaphorically stuck in a prison with the key outside...So to get out I need the key, and to get the key, I need to get out...

Everyone keeps asking me all these favors, yet what do I get in return?
I'm not meaning to sound selfish here, but I give all my friends everything I can give and no one gives a crap...at all...

I get no time to myself so I can't even relax at all...I'v gotten ''time to myself'' twice this year, yes...only twice...
I'm surrounded with nothing but stress 85% of the time, and I am not exaggerating.
I have no outlet for my stress or anything so I just need to bottle it in.

Everything's getting darker and darker...
I just see no point to anything anymore...any good I do isn't recognized, I have no point in this crap hole.

(Edit)
Oh, and also I can't even sleep peacefully now seeing as I have the most awful insomnia that's keeping me from falling asleep for like...5-6 hours...and when I finally do fall asleep I have the most horrific dreams that I really do not want to remember...
X3

Chishio Kunrin

All this art talk just makes me think...
I have this idea that would fit pretty well into short comic form, but I can't draw well, especially people. So, I'm just not gonna draw it.

I'm really tempted to find a way to expand it a bit to where I can write a short story instead of try to draw it. Y'know, play to my strengths.
But there's a bit of writer's block in the way. :c

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Ramisha

Oh another problem is I'm too generous (yes really) and I happily accept any request and try to make it as good as I can for free and now I have what, 3-4 requests. And I don't want to give the people that requested from me something lame so I spend a whole day drawing AND THEN I GET SICK OF IT AND DON'T DRAW A MONTH.

Go Up