Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Pipkin

Saturdays refuse to be busy....i had 2 coffees and an energy drink just to stay awake...
also searching for the internet sweet spot in the break room  so i can send these messages....

Chishio Kunrin

When someone insists there's no logic in something, even though there is, and no matter how many times you explain to them the logic, they completely ignore it and keep stating what they think is proof of no logic. Especially when what you keep saying is something that counters what they keep saying.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

MrEmu

When I sleep in too late and wake up with one of those ''over sleep'' headaches... >.<

Nuserame

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Oct 11, 16:00:30
When someone insists there's no logic in something, even though there is, and no matter how many times you explain to them the logic, they completely ignore it and keep stating what they think is proof of no logic. Especially when what you keep saying is something that counters what they keep saying.

Whats even worse is when they end that with 'well thats your opinion!' even when the discussion was factual.
Slate Grey, my OC! Awesome profile picture by Bakasan94

MrEmu

Derp...
Spoiler: Sweet derp • show
Being told you're their best friend...then watching them leave you for others day after day...

Midnight Breeze

I picked up my great nephew from his step-grandma and brought him to my sister's house. First words out of her mouth: "Hey dere, whittle man! You durtsty, huh?"

Why must people INSIST on teaching children to pronounce words incorrectly, hmm? If you don't want to stun your child's development then speak to them like a human being!

Randam Saiko

2014 Oct 12, 00:37:03 #14346 Last Edit: 2014 Oct 12, 00:43:55 by Randam Saiko
Most of my friends are fully aware that I have a dark and sometimes disturbing sense of humor. During a conversation, one of them just stared at me like I just offended their great ancestor. Also, no, what I laughed at did not involve anything that's highly offensive.

The level of human stupidity...just-...my brain cells slowly die with each story. "Ha! I'm going to desecrate this venerated monument, offend everyone affected by it, and tweet about it. It's going to be totally funny!"

Next week, "This was the mug shot they took of me 2 years ago for that tweet. Oh well, 2 years in prison and this $2000 fine was worth it ha! #LOL #Funny #worth #YOLO"

Related to the other 2 above, people who get offended by everything. Me offering to pay for your lunch is just me trying to be nice. I'm not saying that you can't handle yourself and need me to support you.

Emit, you mischievous little...
My OCs

Chishio Kunrin

When it takes a team effort to accomplish something, but people praise the person who finished it and act like they're the only person who did anything and did it on their own.
Uh.
Excuse you.
They wouldn't have been able to do that on their own. That took teamwork.

Similarly, when something is a failure due to everyone being unable to succeed, but people blame one person for all of it.

Dark Hooves

like where i work, it seems i take the blame for all the mishaps and get none of the credit for a job well done

thats mcdonalds for you, a filthy cesspool with cardboard they sell as food

yes their food compared to other places tastes like cardboard
<br /><br />everypony is capable of great good or great evil but everypony should be treated like their worth giving a chance<br /><br />My OCs. http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=6860.0

Peace Keeper

When I enter my user name as "BEN", people assume I'm referring to the creepypasta, but it's my name shortened. I don't mind being called a creepypasta, but the backlash and hatred I get for using that name, sheesh.
Representing the Element of Peace, my name is Peacekeeper, and I am an Evershade Crusader. I am also a proud member of Chat-o-Landia. My talent is preventing conflict and maintaining order.

Ramisha

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Oct 13, 07:48:17
When it takes a team effort to accomplish something, but people praise the person who finished it and act like they're the only person who did anything and did it on their own.
Uh.
Excuse you.
They wouldn't have been able to do that on their own. That took teamwork.

Similarly, when something is a failure due to everyone being unable to succeed, but people blame one person for all of it.

Living proof of this
Spoiler: show

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Dark Hooves on 2014 Oct 13, 10:00:24
like where i work, it seems i take the blame for all the mishaps and get none of the credit for a job well done

Sounds like a pretty ghetto McDonald's to me. In my experience McDonald's food is anything but dry or bland. Hard to imagine any salty, fried food describe that way.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Dark Hooves on 2014 Oct 13, 10:00:24

And there's no difference in volume between a medium and a large drink at McDonald's. :l They trick you into spending extra money for the same exact amount of soda!
Seriously, someone made a video where they bought a medium soda and a large soda from McDonald's, dumped out the medium so the cup was empty, then poured the soda from the large cup into the medium cup. It fit perfectly in the medium cup.

See, they're shaped in a way where they hold the same volume, but one is taller than the other. Psychologically, we perceive the taller one as being bigger and holding more, even though they hold the same amount.

Seriously, Rooster Teeth?!
*Voice cracks and becomes hoarse with disbelief* SERIOUSLY?!!!
They apparently showed a preview clip of RWBY volume 2 episode 11 at NYCC.
For the general public, that episode is
TWO
WEEKS
AWAY.
Yes, I'm aware episode 10 was last week. However, this week, we get a World of Remnant video (which tells us a little bit about the world of RWBY) instead of an episode.
So, yeah. Episode 11 is two weeks away. I have to avoid spoilers... for two weeks.
And some anon who posted spoilers on the RWBY wikia several months ago came back and posted two spoilers from the NYCC preview. Granted, they didn't go into detail, but they were still spoilers.

I understand being new to the wiki and not knowing that there's a spoiler policy, but the reason I know it's the same exact anon is because they have a message on their message wall that is specifically warning them not to post about things that are not available to the general public yet, in other words spoilers.
They ignored it.
They came back.
They posted more spoilers.
*Facepalm*

LostSanity

2014 Oct 13, 17:53:28 #14353 Last Edit: 2014 Oct 13, 21:33:39 by LaptopBrony
I might be leaving one of the other MLP:FiM forums I go to soon. (not this one don't worry  X3) Permanently this time.

I'm sick and tired of their drama.

They've made it pretty clear that they can't accept opinions and don't even seem to know what the definition of "opinion" is anymore.

I don't know why I let them persuade me to come back when I originally left the forum.

*sighs*

:l
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Oct 13, 17:49:21
And there's no difference in volume between a medium and a large drink at McDonald's. :l They trick you into spending extra money for the same exact amount of soda!

Ummm....any sized drinks costs a dollar at McDonalds...

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Oct 13, 17:53:41

When did that happen? o.O I've been in a situation where buying fast food is kind of a rare special occasion for a few years now, to be honest.
And we usually go with Subway (since I keep getting gift cards for that for Christmas), maybe Chick Fil A, maybe Sonic, maybe just a small Blizzard from Dairy Queen, or maybe Taco Bell since it's not far from the house and I adore their chicken quesadilla (without sauce).

Though, come to think of it, I actually don't know how old that video was. I saw it a while back.

Greyscaleisme

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Oct 12, 00:12:51
I picked up my great nephew from his step-grandma and brought him to my sister's house. First words out of her mouth: "Hey dere, whittle man! You durtsty, huh?"

Why must people INSIST on teaching children to pronounce words incorrectly, hmm? If you don't want to stun your child's development then speak to them like a human being!

I know how that feels, my younger brothers have a speech/learning impediment. And whenever an adult that my family doesn't know speaks with them (keep in mind, they talk with a good deal of people every day) they insist on using 'baby-words' ie. Wittle, twalk and so on. It does not help their speech teacher in any way shape or form. So my brothers are very far behind in speaking skills >:(
'Cause sometimes to stay alive you gotta kill your mind.

Pipkin

My brother's rude, ignorant and childish behavior/temper tantrums ruined our Thanksgiving dinner.  My mom was choked, she works hard to bring the family together for a nice dinner and his attitude causes massive problems.i

He also ruined our football game last night, in spite of being nice and including him.

What very little respect I had for that (20 y.o.) child has been lost today.

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Oct 13, 22:09:26
Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Oct 13, 17:53:41

When did that happen? o.O I've been in a situation where buying fast food is kind of a rare special occasion for a few years now, to be honest.

It started like 3 years ago. It used to be a small cost 79 cents and a large cost 1.39 or something, so they tightened the prices on them all to 1 dollar. The logic behind it is that it raises the price of the small without anyone really noticing, and the meals automatically come with a small unless you request it larger. So unless you specifically say "I'll have a number 1 with a large drink." you will get a small. Most people don't bother doing that, so they make more money off the change than they lose, which offsets losses from the dollar menu.

If I'm feeling particularly gluttonous I'll order 2 cheeseburgers, 2 spicy chickens, a small fry and a large drink. It costs 6 bucks.

Night Pony

The fact that everytime I open this thread I always think that LaptopBrony's avatar is one of my drawings (that I use on other 2 forums) yet they have nothing similar except the blue clothe part.

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Go Up