Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Chromastone64

Quote from: Yellowpikmin476 on 2014 Jun 25, 18:29:39
Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2014 Jun 25, 12:43:15
Yesterday, I uploaded my first YouTube vid: a replay of Mario Kart 8.
...Not ONE HOUR later, I find that Content ID have flagged it for copyright!  :I Why? BECAUSE THE LEVEL MUSIC IS PLAYING!
Dear God, this was uploaded using a feature Nintendo approved! So, generally, when you upload a completely legal replay of a level, your more times than not going to get the MUSIC AS WELL!  >:O

-watch the language please- McSleuth Sorry, MrSleuth  :(
Why the heck is music the problem if the whole thing is a video game that'd be copyright protected? If the game itself is fine, the music should be too! I mean, seriously?

I know! The big thing that irks me is that Nintendo MUST have discussed something with YouTube in order to get permission to add the Upload feature! Using a method YouTube THEMSELVES have approved, why is it the copyright warning appeared?! And it's so vague! The warning says the music may affect my video's availabillity in certain areas. What does that mean? Can I get a copyright strike for leaving the music in?!

YOUTUBE WHY U NO EXPLAIN?!?!  >:O
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

-ReiMar-

Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2014 Jun 25, 18:45:47
...Not ONE HOUR later, I find that Content ID have flagged it for copyright!  :I Why? BECAUSE THE LEVEL MUSIC IS PLAYING!
Dear God, this was uploaded using a feature Nintendo approved! So, generally, when you upload a completely legal replay of a level, your more times than not going to get the MUSIC AS WELL!  >:O

Why the heck is music the problem if the whole thing is a video game that'd be copyright protected? If the game itself is fine, the music should be too! I mean, seriously?

I know! The big thing that irks me is that Nintendo MUST have discussed something with YouTube in order to get permission to add the Upload feature! Using a method YouTube THEMSELVES have approved, why is it the copyright warning appeared?! And it's so vague! The warning says the music may affect my video's availabillity in certain areas. What does that mean? Can I get a copyright strike for leaving the music in?!

YOUTUBE WHY U NO EXPLAIN?!?!  >:O

Waaaaaait, that means that music will make video unavailible only in some countries, not claimed. ^^'' Or am I understanding it wrong?
ovO

Chromastone64

That's just it: I don't know. I've left the music in for now, but I don't know if this could get my account a copyright strike. Three of those, and  D:
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

-ReiMar-

Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2014 Jun 25, 18:58:12
That's just it: I don't know. I've left the music in for now, but I don't know if this could get my account a copyright strike. Three of those, and  D:

YouTube was getting worse ever since Google bought it. In a few years well have a Google+ with YouTube just being it's video section...oh wait~
Still, I'd forward a note to Nintendo.
:]

Chromastone64

That's another problem; I don't know a single thing about arguing copyright. Whenever I try arguing anywhere in life, I never get any evidence. I usually just whine. I'll admit that.  :c

-ReiMar-

Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2014 Jun 25, 19:17:53
That's another problem; I don't know a single thing about arguing copyright. Whenever I try arguing anywhere in life, I never get any evidence. I usually just whine. I'll admit that.  :c

Well, if license says that you can upload game videos, then just copy-paste it for them to aknowledge. ^^''

Chromastone64

There. I just got completely lost at what you just said. I don't have the strongest brain.  :c What do you mean license?

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2014 Jun 25, 17:59:35
Time to veer away from games for me; this is a character from TV who REALLY annoys me:
This guy from Regular Show.
Spoiler: show

I understand where most of his rage comes from, but for the most part, he's just a jerk for no reason!

There was an episode that revealed that Benson's dad taught him that if he ever wants to get anything in life, he's going to have to yell at people for it, and he never realized that he is the way he is because of his dad raising him like that. So, it's not really for no reason.

Youtube's Content ID is stupid, no lie. That's just how it is.
A few people have actually had a problem where Content ID flagged their completely 100% original videos as being copyrighted.
One guy got a video flagged by Content ID for a video game's background ambiance of crowds of people talking. Seriously. Not music. The sound of people talking. He pointed out that it's possible for people to scam the system to start getting money from copyright claims on things they don't even own.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Rissian

http://i.imgur.com/hT9xwi7.jpg
Spring on Don't Starve Reign of Giants. To quote the character. "Oh H20."  DD:

I think Spring is worse than winter currently though it doesn't help that AJ only has 100 sanity. That drains 3x at night. Spring's long dusks and nights really does a toll and you're fighting shadow monsters almost the first day. Summer is next which is going to be a nightmare autumn is the only safe season. But yeah Spring is annoying not having shelter the first days causes a massive sanity drop when you get drenched.

MrEmu

Quote from: StarSong on 2014 Jun 25, 10:11:37
Living in the middle of nowhere.
No one wants to drive out here, they always get lost.
I cant walk anywhere (like to get food/ Starbucks(

It takes more time to get places.
It sucks! I wish I lived in town so I can just walk to do everything.
I use to live in Ohio *shutters* and lived 10 miles away from the closest store, the only chain places around were Wal-mart, BobEvens, and Denny's...all the rest were those backwater ''Billy pitilly's hog hut'' or something...

All the people there protested against the Wal-Mart because they said they didn't want the place to 'be a city'...Thankfully I moved out of that heckhole!

The place I'm in now is still a 15 minute drive to the nearest anything, but there's a mall that actually has stores! and a 'Red Lobster'! so the place isn't too bad... ;)

Rissian

The fact that whenever my cousin uses his PS3 it hogs our entire network bandwidth. The PS3 is the biggest bandwidth hog in the world and I'm about to filter it by MAC address and limit it's freaking speed on our router.  :c

Midnight Breeze

This is the sole reason I can NEVER live in Australia!

Well, that and the insane cost of living.

MrEmu

Quote from: Trege on 2014 Jun 26, 00:41:28
The fact that whenever my cousin uses his PS3 it hogs our entire network bandwidth. The PS3 is the biggest bandwidth hog in the world and I'm about to filter it by MAC address and limit it's freaking speed on our router.  :c
When I use to play LOTRO it would take LOADS of bandwidth! Nopony ever put a filter thingy on it though...no need now seeing as I don't play it anymore!

Pipkin

Quote from: MrEmu on 2014 Jun 25, 21:23:11
Quote from: StarSong on 2014 Jun 25, 10:11:37

I use to live in Ohio *shutters* and lived 10 miles away from the closest store, the only chain places around were Wal-mart, BobEvens, and Denny's...all the rest were those backwater ''Billy pitilly's hog hut'' or something...

All the people there protested against the Wal-Mart because they said they didn't want the place to 'be a city'...Thankfully I moved out of that heckhole!

The place I'm in now is still a 15 minute drive to the nearest anything, but there's a mall that actually has stores! and a 'Red Lobster'! so the place isn't too bad... ;)

I used to have this issue also.....unless you count that I have had access to a vehicle for 8 years now

Now......I live behind an A&W, and am in walking distance to a Tim Hortons, Wendy's, McD', Pizza Hut, Subway, Quiznos, Dairy Queen, Little Caesars, Swiss Chalet and a Crabby Joes.....
Not to mention the two giant grocery stores and the Walmart within 2 minutes walking distance from my building....

MrEmu

Spoiler: middle of nowhere stuff • show
[quote author=Pipkin link=topic=2523.msg800691#msg800691 date=1403787126]
[quote author=MrEmu link=topic=2523.msg800056#msg800056 date=1403745791]
[quote author=StarSong link=topic=2523.msg799804#msg799804 date=1403705497]

[/quote] I use to live in Ohio *shutters* and lived 10 miles away from the closest store, the only chain places around were Wal-mart, BobEvens, and Denny's...all the rest were those backwater ''Billy pitilly's hog hut'' or something...

[/quote]

I used to have this issue also.....unless you count that I have had access to a vehicle for 8 years now

Now......I live behind an A&W, and am in walking distance to a Tim Hortons, Wendy's, McD', Pizza Hut, Subway, Quiznos, Dairy Queen, Little Caesars, Swiss Chalet and a Crabby Joes.....
Not to mention the two giant grocery stores and the Walmart within 2 minutes walking distance from my building....
[/quote]
*MrEmu is a adorable and now jealous little foal*
"I have no car, so for me I just raid the fridge...I'll eat a strawberry or two, but I got some weird problem where if I eat more then a hoof full of ANYTHING I get sick...even grapes or lettuce. so I guess all those awesome places wouldn't do me any good anyways...

MrSpyro

When my family wakes me up over stupid things or for no reason at all because they're idiots.
Also, when people criticize my work without asking, even if it's constructive criticism. *cough cough tiger cough*
Derp race!
[move] :P[/move]
[move]    :P[/move]
[move]       :P[/move]
[move]          :P[/move]

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: MrSpyro on 2014 Jun 27, 11:29:08
Also, when people criticize my work without asking, even if it's constructive criticism. *cough cough tiger cough*

You realize it's understood that if you put your work on the internet then you are looking for criticism, right?

You acknowledge that she was being constructive yet you still call her out and vilify her for it? Not cool, sha.

-ReiMar-

Ignoring criticism won't lead you to success. ^^"'

Chishio Kunrin

For a while now, I've been struggling with that stupid security code thing on Hotmail and just procrastinating on it because I had so much trouble with it.

I couldn't get into the email account that I set as a backup, which is what it was emailing the security code to.
I couldn't change what email was my backup until I used the security code.
It wouldn't help me get the password to my backup email.

It turns out... they had deleted that email account. :l Really.
So, I had to remake the email account (Luckily, it was available! DD:) just to get that dang security code!! I am very upset and angry about this, but at the same time relieved because it's finally over! Every time it reminded me that I needed that security code, I had to fight with it just to get into my inbox. Now, no more! I no longer have to get past some kind of border control to get into my email!

Seriously, though, that whole ordeal annoyed me so much. And what if someone had created that email? That's a horrible possibility to think about. :c

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Night Pony

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Jun 27, 11:35:50
You realize it's understood that if you put your work on the internet then you are looking for criticism, right?

Sadly many do not realize that.

Dumb things that annoy me:
People who do not realize that.
People who can't handle negative feedback.
People who make stuff up that isn't remotely true.

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Go Up