Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

DawnsEmbrace

Quote from: Ramisha on 2014 May 29, 14:57:57
Quote from: DawnsEmbrace on 2014 May 29, 10:18:52
Have you ever seen a literal SWARM of vultures land on your front porch?

Flock, Master, flock. Insects form swarms. Birds form flocks.

Indeed, my Squire.  I used swarm to emphasize the numbers they're in.
While "flock" is used for birds, flocks are usually 10-15 birds at a time.

The vultures near our house number around 40-50.
<br />

Midnight Breeze

I thought things were turning around for me when I was about to get a new job in logistics. Unfortunately, fate decided it wasn't letting me get off that easily. The family of the patient who got me barred from patient care has just pressed charges against me for elder abuse. Now I can't return to employment with the hospital until the case is resolved. Meaning the position I was about to get will more than likely be filled by someone else.

I swear to God: When (not if) these charges are dropped due to lack of evidence, I'm going to sue these people into oblivion for defamation of character and loss of employment. The patient has been inspected by a total of seven doctors from various hospitals, and every single one of them says they have no reason to suspect abuse. I've got an entire hospital ready to vouch for me, do you really think any judge in their right mind is going to let this case go to court based on the the word of one dementia patient?

Pipkin

So my parents went to a store in one of our major cities and came across a woman's wallet.  They decided they wanted to return the wallet as any good person would, so they posted an ad informing people they found a wallet.  Well the person who lost it found out my parents found it and it was returned without incident.

right?

Nope.  Next day, cops call and apparently say money was missing from said wallet and they're pressing charges on my father for theft.  The person, when asked how much money was missing, said, "I don't know".

This could cost my dad his job, because he didnt want this person to have to go through the hell my mother went through when her ID/purse was stolen(She still doesn't have my dad, her and both my brothers' birth certificates and this happened in '06).  I can't believe people, I have lost all faith in humanity.....and people wonder why I like ponies so much

Ryo_D_Disk

£50 notes

now I know that sounds an odd one but legaly they have to be checked to see if there real aaaand I have no idea how to check them because its never really croped up before and when you have foren people come in (no offence) its often very hard to explain Why I can't accept that type of note

Midnight Breeze

2014 May 30, 08:55:53 #12944 Last Edit: 2014 May 30, 08:57:41 by Midnight Breeze
Quote from: Ryo_D_Disk on 2014 May 30, 08:45:18
£50 notes

now I know that sounds an odd one but legaly they have to be checked to see if there real aaaand I have no idea how to check them because its never really croped up before and when you have foren people come in (no offence) its often very hard to explain Why I can't accept that type of note

That's really something your employer should teach you before putting you on the register.  >:/

US notes can be easily checked for authenticity with a special marker called a detector pen. It won't leave a mark on real money, but will leave a huge black smear on counterfeit money. I'd imagine euros are checked with the same process.

Oh wait, you're British aren't you? Well, pounds can't be too different, eh?  :P

Ryo_D_Disk

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 May 30, 08:55:53
Quote from: Ryo_D_Disk on 2014 May 30, 08:45:18
£50 notes

That's really something your employer should teach you before putting you on the register.  >:/

US notes can be easily checked for authenticity with a special marker called a detector pen. It won't leave a mark on real money, but will leave a huge black smear on counterfeit money. I'd imagine euros are checked with the same process.

Oh wait, you're British aren't you? Well, pounds can't be too different, eh?  :P

Actuly the check is quite the same there is also a feel test due to texture Buuuut as a normality we don't accept the notes because we dont have the materials to do so

but the main reason I dont know is becasue well im not normaly front of house staff im the computer department IT

Chromastone64

Quote from: Pipkin on 2014 May 29, 22:43:23
  I can't believe people, I have lost all faith in humanity.....and people wonder why I like ponies so much

Pretty much my hope in my year group, and that's exactly why you could say I'm obsessed with ponies now.
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Midnight Breeze

God I'm such a glutton, this is what I'm doing with my life:

Ramisha

I hate it when I'm sick, especially when my nose is clogged and I have to blow it because my nose bleeds really easily. Once it couldn't stop for about 10 minutes and I almost fainted. Luckily I was at a hospital.

Chishio Kunrin

When Someone Types Like This.
Or whenn theyy typee likee thiss. Especiallyy whenn theyy claimm thatt theyy doo itt becausee theirr keyboardd iss brokenn. It wouldn't consistently type double letters at the end of every word if it was broken.
Or when they always put multiple periods at the end of every sentence..... No matter what they're typing about, even when they're happy.... I know that people sometimes use multiple periods in RP to signify using a sad voice.... But some people do it when they aren't even RPing, and like I said, even when they're happy..........

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 May 31, 15:56:06
Or when they always put multiple periods at the end of every sentence..... No matter what they're typing about, even when they're happy.... I know that people sometimes use multiple periods in RP to signify using a sad voice.... But some people do it when they aren't even RPing, and like I said, even when they're happy..........

ono

DawnsEmbrace

When Someone Types Like This.
Or whenn theyy typee likee thiss. Especiallyy whenn theyy claimm thatt theyy doo itt becausee theirr keyboardd iss brokenn. It wouldn't consistently type double letters at the end of every word if it was broken.

B-but!  I like using periods!  They add mystery, and silence!
Sad voice...
<br />

Midnight Breeze

Call me crazy, but I think playing Skyrim dramatically increases my utility bills due to the power my computer consumes running the heavily modded game.  >:/

I haven't played Skyrim in two months and my utility bills have literally halved, despite it now being full-blown summer and my air-conditioner always on.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 May 31, 16:05:03

ono

Quote from: DawnsEmbrace on 2014 May 31, 16:23:43
Sad voice...

It's fine when they do it in RP and stuff, but a friend of mine used to comment on posts on Facebook using tons of periods, and it really started to bother me after a while. It would be like "Lol, that's hilarious..... I can't believe it......." It felt kind of awkward.

Pipkin

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 May 31, 17:00:28
Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 May 31, 16:05:03

ono

Quote from: DawnsEmbrace on 2014 May 31, 16:23:43
Sad voice...

It's fine when they do it in RP and stuff, but a friend of mine used to comment on posts on Facebook using tons of periods, and it really started to bother me after a while. It would be like "Lol, that's hilarious..... I can't believe it......." It felt kind of awkward.

That's a really bad habit of mine, honestly I have no idea why I even do it(Hah, I had to stop myself from doing it there!)

It's really hard for me to not do it when posting for drawponies too(again I almost did)

Randam Saiko

Spoiler: Story Time • show

I was cooking dinner at home when my cousin came over to pick up something for her dad.

Cousin: Hey Saiko, watcha doing?
Me: Cooking some Salmon.
Cousin: It smells nice. Say, where did you learn to cook?
Me: Found a tutorial online.
*My sister walks in*

Now here's when everything turns sour...

Sister: Hey cousin!
Cousin: Hey. *She sees my sister's Ravens shirt* Raven fans huh?
Sister: Yea.
Cousin: Awesome. Hey, Saiko, what team do you like?
Me: Oh, I don't have an interest in sports.
Cousin: But you're a guy....
Me: And?
Cousin: Well, guys are suppose to like sports. You're a guy. You know, all tough and masculine.
Me: Here we go with the gender roles.
Cousin: I mean, it's the normal thing.
Me: Look, you're entitled to your ideas and beliefs as I am to mine and I believe gender roles are complete bull.

This is when she begins stereotyping and questioning my life choices such as some restricted topics on this forums.

TL;DR Gender Roles and when their blind followers who try to shove their belief/vision down my throat.

Emit, you mischievous little...
My OCs

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Randam Saiko on 2014 May 31, 20:25:48

I was cooking dinner at home when my cousin came over to pick up something for her dad.

*My sister walks in*

Cousin: Well, guys are suppose to like sports. You're a guy. You know, all tough and masculine.
Me: Look, you're entitled to your ideas and beliefs as I am to mine and I believe gender roles are complete bull.

This is when she begins stereotyping and questioning my life choices such as some restricted topics on this forums.

TL;DR Gender Roles and when their blind followers who try to shove their belief/vision down my throat.

I think the equivalent of that, for me, would be if I ended up in a conversation like:
me: Meh, I don't wear makeup.
them: Really? Not even a little?
me: Nope.
them: But you're a girl! You're supposed to be into makeup and doing your hair and painting your nails.
me: I don't care about any of those.
them: It's only normal for a girl to be into that stuff!

Or someone judging me for hating wearing dresses and skirts and hating most clothes in the female section of any clothing store. There's a reason most of my shirts and pants are plain.

Besides, it's actually a pretty good thing that I refuse to wear makeup. My eye doctor told me I shouldn't wear any kind of eye makeup.

Prismatic

2014 Jun 01, 02:34:06 #12957 Last Edit: 2014 Jun 01, 03:04:10 by Prismatic
For me the fact that having a USB device plugged in requires 2 watts of power just to initiate and keep the controllers online on my laptops.  Which is fine and dandy until one realizes the laptops runs at 9 watts on idle.  Oy.

Actually...Now that my sister's Galaxy S3 keeps beeping something new came to mind.

I own a launch day Galaxy S3 that I still own, courtesy of Sprint allowing upgrades at the 22 month mark (meaning it's still under contract until July 1st, :D).  Needless to say I still have it, it holds a great charge (since I never fully charge it with the device switched on) and that the screen is intact despite the bumps and rolling down my shoes.  The two other S3s my family has are broken.  One has a bad USB port and the other a cracked screen.  Ah well, the phone I upgraded to is more sensible than the deductible on TEP (Total Equipment Protection)

Little Star

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Jun 01, 00:43:41
Quote from: Randam Saiko on 2014 May 31, 20:25:48

*My sister walks in*

I think the equivalent of that, for me, would be if I ended up in a conversation like:
me: Meh, I don't wear makeup.
them: Really? Not even a little?
me: Nope.
them: But you're a girl! You're supposed to be into makeup and doing your hair and painting your nails.
me: I don't care about any of those.
them: It's only normal for a girl to be into that stuff!

Or someone judging me for hating wearing dresses and skirts and hating most clothes in the female section of any clothing store. There's a reason most of my shirts and pants are plain.

Besides, it's actually a pretty good thing that I refuse to wear makeup. My eye doctor told me I shouldn't wear any kind of eye makeup.

Gender roles are dumb.
Especially when guys pull the "make me a sandwich" stuff.

I'm a girl. I wear makeup. If you don't wear makeup; that's amazing because you respect your natural look.
And Chish, just keep doing what you're doing.
I made the choice to wear it because that's what I have to do to fit in around my town. I know most of you are like "oh no be yourself~~" But I actually really enjoy doing makeup. I helped my friend's mom learn how to do cat eyes.
----

Anyway; onto the gender topic.
When guys/ society automatically assumes that just because I prefer guys to girls to hang out with just because I have a crush on them.
Tbh guys understand my humor more than most girls.
Don't get me wrong; a lot of girls my age are cool too but seriously.

Society assumes stuff way too much. That's really dumb.

Ramisha

I don't do makeup either. Actually I don't do most of the stuff girls these days do, I don't even like the same things as they do. And people think only guys play videogames which is 100% a lie. I know at least 5 girls who play videogames, and I don't know a lot of people.

Go Up