Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Little Star

That feeling when youre all anxious and uncomfortable and you have to exit, then the tears start coming and you start panicking and people around you just get all scary and you have to go and hide away..

Yeah that's how I feel right now.

Ramisha

Ew ew ew ew! Spiders!! The only was it could have been worse is to find fungi sprouting on your arms.
In case you hadn't noticed, I'm really afraid of mushrooms.

DawnsEmbrace

Quote from: StarSong on 2014 Jun 03, 16:02:26
That feeling when youre all anxious and uncomfortable and you have to exit, then the tears start coming and you start panicking and people around you just get all scary and you have to go and hide away..

...This.  ^
This right here.
I get this exact feeling when too many people I don't know come to our house.  I end up becoming preemptive about it and end up just leaving as soon as too many people arrive.
StarSong, you get a medal.

Quote from: Ramisha on 2014 Jun 03, 16:04:15
Ew ew ew ew! Spiders!! The only was it could have been worse is to find fungi sprouting on your arms.

Put me anywhere NEAR spiders or centipedes, and I'll go full on hazmat on their flanks!
I'm talking, safety glasses, lighters, I'll even bust out my tiny knife!
...Darn centipedes...
<br />

Midnight Breeze

I went to the dentist for the first time in two years today, a new dentist. In addition to the obvious problems from lack of dental care, my last dentist had been doing a rather substandard job of cleaning under my gumline.

The hygienist had to butcher my mouth to get it clean. I think I would have been better off doing it at home with a jackhammer.

Oh, and I have two cavities. Fun times.

John Pone

Quote from: DawnsEmbrace on 2014 Jun 03, 16:49:28
Quote from: Ramisha on 2014 Jun 03, 16:04:15

Put me anywhere NEAR spiders or centipedes, and I'll go full on hazmat on their flanks!
I'm talking, safety glasses, lighters, I'll even bust out my tiny knife!
...Darn centipedes...

Heh...hehehe...HEHEHEHEHE

Jaywo

2014 Jun 03, 18:26:06 #12985 Last Edit: 2014 Jun 04, 07:18:28 by Astranacus
When I say something witty, but no one hears me so I have to say it again and it's just not the same...

Please read the forum rules and not bring up the topic of murder, it is not a topic to be discussed here. http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=2470.0
Quote from: Jaywo on 2014 May 12, 13:03:14
*Begins whipping around the MEGAPERMBANHAMMER and whacks innocents, sending them into MEGAPERMBANOBLIVION*

SUPERULTRAMEGAPERMBANYOUCANTEVENBEGINTOAWESOMENESSBANRAINBOWSHAMMER

Little Star

Quote from: DawnsEmbrace on 2014 Jun 03, 16:49:28
Quote from: StarSong on 2014 Jun 03, 16:02:26

...This.  ^
This right here.
I get this exact feeling when too many people I don't know come to our house.  I end up becoming preemptive about it and end up just leaving as soon as too many people arrive.
StarSong, you get a medal.

Thank you!
I got this feeling because too many people were on this skype call >.<

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Jun 03, 18:11:47
I went to the dentist for the first time in two years today, a new dentist. In addition to the obvious problems from lack of dental care, my last dentist had been doing a rather substandard job of cleaning under my gumline.

The hygienist had to butcher my mouth to get it clean. I think I would have been better off doing it at home with a jackhammer.

In that situation, maybe it's better to go to one of those dentists who put you under when they work on you. That's what I'm gonna do when my mom and I can afford it. x3

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Pipkin

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Jun 03, 19:02:05

In that situation, maybe it's better to go to one of those dentists who put you under when they work on you. That's what I'm gonna do when my mom and I can afford it. x3

I badly need to go to the dentist but I need to find one that can put me under....freezing no longer works on me

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Pipkin on 2014 Jun 03, 23:28:05
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Jun 03, 19:02:05

I badly need to go to the dentist but I need to find one that can put me under....freezing no longer works on me

I badly need to go, too. A tooth way in the back of my mouth is broken now. It's tilted in a way that's really hard to brush properly. I'm gonna just have them remove it. It doesn't fit, and I got a cavity in it once before already. They really should've just removed it in the first place.

Cryaotic started a Let's Play of the HD version of Okami, one of my absolute favorite games! That's a huge, huge smile! So, what's it doing in the annoying things thread?

Comments. :l
They're not the trollsy or "Ugh this stupid game has too much story, so it's boring and stupid and horrible and I hate it even though you only just started it and I demand you stop this game immediately" comments. They're... "I want to help you, but my comments are really bad help" comments.

Their hearts are in the right place, but...
1. Some people told him to try painting a circle around the bare trees to revive them. The problem with that is that he does not have that ability yet. I can't help but wonder how many of those people who said that have never played the game before and merely looked up the game to see how many "helpful tips" they could pelt him with.
2. If you're going to give him a tip or some advice, you don't need to go into detail about it. I'm talking about "You have to do this, and then (series of story events that happen as a result), so then you can (do this spoiler thing)." Really? REALLY?!! You only need to say "You should try doing this because it's really helpful." THAT'S. IT. It's no fun for us or, especially, him, if he knows exactly what's going to happen ahead of time! So shut up about it!

It's way too early to start trying to spout tips and advice anyway.

Greyscaleisme

I have this weird thing where if someone doesn't shut the door ALL the way I get all angry and will go off on someone for no reason.
'Cause sometimes to stay alive you gotta kill your mind.

MrEmu

Spoiler: Dentist stuff • show
[quote author=Chishio Kunrin link=topic=2523.msg782541#msg782541 date=1401863011]
[quote author=Pipkin link=topic=2523.msg782485#msg782485 date=1401852485]
[quote author=Chishio Kunrin link=topic=2523.msg782373#msg782373 date=1401836525]
[quote author=Midnight Breeze link=topic=2523.msg782355#msg782355 date=1401833507]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
I badly need to go, too. A tooth way in the back of my mouth is broken now. It's tilted in a way that's really hard to brush properly. I'm gonna just have them remove it. It doesn't fit, and I got a cavity in it once before already. They really should've just removed it in the first place.
[hr]
Cryaotic started a Let's Play of the HD version of Okami, one of my absolute favorite games! That's a huge, huge smile! So, what's it doing in the annoying things thread?

Comments. :l
They're not the trollsy or "Ugh this stupid game has too much story, so it's boring and stupid and horrible and I hate it even though you only just started it and I demand you stop this game immediately" comments. They're... "I want to help you, but my comments are really bad help" comments.

Their hearts are in the right place, but...
1. Some people told him to try painting a circle around the bare trees to revive them. The problem with that is that he does not have that ability yet. I can't help but wonder how many of those people who said that have never played the game before and merely looked up the game to see how many "helpful tips" they could pelt him with.
2. If you're going to give him a tip or some advice, you don't need to go into detail about it. I'm talking about "You have to do this, and then (series of story events that happen as a result), so then you can (do this spoiler thing)." Really? REALLY?!! You only need to say "You should try doing this because it's really helpful." THAT'S. IT. It's no fun for us or, especially, him, if he knows exactly what's going to happen ahead of time! So shut up about it!

It's way too early to start trying to spout tips and advice anyway.
[/quote]
I have only went to the dentist twice in my life... ono

Ramisha

Ha I just went to the dentist's to get my teeth repaired and it turns out I don't have caries after all! :D although the dentist tells me I should brush my last molars more. But I brush them the most!  >:O I guess my teeth are weird.

Julius

Purr~

Ryo_D_Disk

Quote from: Julius on 2014 Jun 04, 08:06:07
Anxiety and nerves. ono

you nervous I do not beleve it

Now working on an internet that should not work and trying to work out the reason why its working when it shoulnt be is verry  annoying when you have spent what is the last 3 hours trying to make it work the legit way

Midnight Breeze

Car insurance hit.  >.<

At least it went down. It's 'only' $414 I remember when I was 18 paying $700 a pop.

Rush of MLP

Here's a rant about something that annoys me when dealing with parents/guardians/etc:

[Spoiler]One thing that really annoys me is when parents think they know, and/or can do, everything better than you do.

It is given that they would know a lot of things better than you do, that comes with age, and wisdom with that, but not everything. This is especially to be considered with chores that you have been doing for a long time.

An example:

I have been taking care of my dogs for four years; three inside, one outside. I know what I'm doing by now, right? According to my parents, this is correct. So why do they still want to correct me on small things they know nothing about?

One of these things is the amount of material I need to put down for my inside dogs to "go" on. When I know I don't have enough, I tell my mother, then she argues with me to the point where I have to just say "Ok." and move on. When I put down the paper, I find out that I was right in the first place, and when I show my mom, she gets mad and says I did it half-way. Showing her that we don't have any more materials, she gets even madder and tries to fix it herself, only to make a mess. Then I get mad and upset and nobody's happy.

Another good example is my outside dog, who is on a runner in my back yard. I take food and water out to him every day, and by doing so, get a chance to examine both him and his runner. I know when he is going to bust his runner, or when he needs a new collar, or when he is hurt. My stepfather doesn't think so. I tell him the night before his runner busts, and he shuts it off and says "Nah, it'll be fine." but I know, come 2 or 3 in the morning there will be scratching on the front door, and a mildly irritated and sleepy stepfather outside trying to fix the runner until he can get a new one.

So yeah, just a couple of examples of how you can sometimes know more about something than your parents/guardians think they do.[/spoiler]

Randam Saiko

Mono-toned presentations. Please, at least don't sound like you're reading off a piece of paper word by word.

Emit, you mischievous little...
My OCs

Chishio Kunrin

People being super impatient for RWBY. I don't mean "Aw man, I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait, come on July, get here already, I'm gonna die, this hiatus is gonna kill me, I want RWBY, I need RWBY!" I've had a few episodes of that myself, though I think it's calmed down for me now that there's only one month left.
No, what I mean...
is...
"Omg Rooster Teeth just release RWBY season 2 already, RIGHT NOW. Where is season 2?! Can you just post the episodes already?! Do it!"

Okay, first of all, it's not season 2. Stop saying season 2. It's volume 2, which is the second half of season 1.

Second of all, it's a fully animated web show. It's not like Red vs Blue. They can't just boot up a video game and start walking around delivering lines and then add in some effects and maybe do a few little animated bits here and there. The entire thing... must be completely and totally animated. They even have to sync the mouth movements with the voice acting. They have to be on the look out for animation errors and make sure that they correctly merge scenes.

"Where is volume 2?!" you ask? They've been working on it, you impatient little nut!!
I'm aware that it's been months since the last episode of volume 1. But, seriously, this is what they've been doing these last several months:
- First of all, as soon as they finished volume 1, they worked on upgrading some things so they can animate more smoothly and efficiently. Monty even changed the character rigs (basically, the models' skeletons) so they can animate them more smoothly, so casual scenes will actually look better.
- Second, as we've seen from the production diary videos, they decided to change a lot of the textures, so it looks better and a little less cartoony.
- Third, we're going to see new places and new characters in volume 2. What, do you think those places and characters are going to magically appear? No! They had to make the models and textures for all of that! Not to mention, for Velvet's battle outfit, they held a contest for fans to design it and had to wait until the contest was over to model and texture the winning design!
- Voice actors have to record their lines for a scene before it can be animated because, again, they have to sync the lips to the voice acting.
- Even without all the aforementioned things, animation takes time. A lot of time. That's why they have an entire team dedicated to it, and even then, it still takes time! A lot of casual scenes are animated using motion capture, but even then, they still have to hand animate the faces in those scenes, not just to move their lips, but also to give them facial expressions. Fight scenes are animated by Monty Oum, and I wouldn't be surprised if he animates them by himself.

Animating takes a lot of time, and if you want it to actually look good, you have to be patient with the RWBY crew. :l
/endrant

Quote from: Randam Saiko on 2014 Jun 04, 14:58:52
Mono-toned presentations. Please, at least don't sound like you're reading off a piece of paper word by word.

Or when you're taking turns reading something in class, and everyone reads like a robot.
"Why. Why would you do this to me. I trusted you. :\ Tears were streaming down her face as she screamed, I can't believe you."

Midnight Breeze

Man, I wash just looking in my mouth in the mirror today and for the first time the though hit me...I have really few teeth.  :I

I had four molars removed when I got braces at 10, and all four wisdom teeth removed at 17. If I lose any more molars I'm up a creek. Given my generation is expected to live into our mid 80s, the teeth I have left will have to last me for at least 60 more years...

...Well, guess I better start saving up for some all-on-fours.

Go Up