Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Ramisha

I think she means 8 year old boys.

Pipkin

Im literally so bored at work im drawing ponies on my order pad......and another three and a half hours still to go ....

MrEmu

Quote from: Julius on 2014 Apr 27, 09:09:28
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Apr 27, 00:50:43I'm aware that boys think gross stuff is funny

Is that a stereotype? Because if it is, it's not really a good one. :l
Chishio's not stereotyping anypony, I'v never seen a girl who likes that kind of humor, but I HAVE seen plenty of boys, she/he's not saying at appeals to ALL boys, just some.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Randam Saiko on 2014 Apr 27, 10:12:51
Quote from: Julius on 2014 Apr 27, 09:09:28
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Apr 27, 00:50:43I'm aware that boys think gross stuff is funny

Is that a stereotype? Because if it is, it's not really a good one. :l

I agree with Julius. I find that kind of "humor" very unamusing and actually annoying.

Quote from: Ramisha on 2014 Apr 27, 11:06:55
I think she means 8 year old boys.

^
Besides that, I meant, from Hollywood's/the media's view, little boys think that gross things are funny.
Not accounting for burps and farts, since I personally don't find them gross and have actually laughed at the occasional fart joke.

Also...
I went to a birthday party the other day, and I ended up quite annoyed at the birthday lady's youngest daughter.
This little girl got a Princess Recipe Book, and she was discussing the recipes with one of the young teenage guests. The little girl's nephew, who's a year younger than her, wanted to join in because he thought it'd be fun to make some yummy food and join in their little party. The little girl told him no because it's a princess cook book and therefore for girls and they were doing girl things. Really? Come on, you watch MLP with your nephew! Surely you have more sense than that!!

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Randam Saiko

Having to clean a mixture of dead skin and body oil off my mouse and keyboard everyday.

Emit, you mischievous little...
My OCs

MrEmu

Quote from: Randam Saiko on 2014 Apr 27, 22:28:27
Having to clean a mixture of dead skin and body oil off my mouse and keyboard everyday.
:x ...Oh umm...ew...very ew...

Midnight Breeze

When you hear this music, you better get the bomb shelters ready.

Chishio Kunrin

Time limits! Time limits!!
TIME LIMITS
TIME LIMITS!!!!
TIME. LIMITS.
TIIIIIIIIIME. LIMIIIIIIIIIIIITS!!!!!!!!!!!! >:O
*Flips every game that has a time limit sequence*
Especially when the time limit is just the icing on the difficulty cake! Like, really? Really? Did you really need to add a time limit there? Was that really necessary? Putting a time limit on top of trying to puzzle my way through everything while keeping a meter from being filled or depleted and avoiding being attacked by enemies or knocked out by falling objects or something?!! Did you really, really need to add a time limit to all of that?!!

MrEmu

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Apr 28, 04:25:22
Time limits! Time limits!!
TIME LIMITS
TIME LIMITS!!!!
TIME. LIMITS.
TIIIIIIIIIME. LIMIIIIIIIIIIIITS!!!!!!!!!!!! >:O
*Flips every game that has a time limit sequence*
Especially when the time limit is just the icing on the difficulty cake! Like, really? Really? Did you really need to add a time limit there? Was that really necessary? Putting a time limit on top of trying to puzzle my way through everything while keeping a meter from being filled or depleted and avoiding being attacked by enemies or knocked out by falling objects or something?!! Did you really, really need to add a time limit to all of that?!!
lol I totally agree! if it's like ONE in a single spot I'm okay with it, like if in LoZ you were in a room with water filling up I'd be fine with that because

1: it makes SENSE why you have a time limit
2: it's a one time thing.

What I HATE HATE HAAATE like Chishio does is when it makes NO SENSE!
Like (Not to be mean) when EVER LEVEL of a game has a time limit I basically will never play it, usually because the game has no explanation or has a poor one like "You're character will get tired"...Tired? in 5 minutes?! wooow...

Pipkin

My company just removed my ability to promote in store features....my way to drive my sales and bring people into our store. I'm so mad at my company right now.  Who cares about sales and customers. 

The nail in my departments books' coffin. 

Julius

Sleeping in when you have a morning only subcription to the gym... :l

Why yes, it is still morning, but the gym is in the city. Considering traffic and the fact that my sister's still getting ready, only for me to go bathe afterwards... We just won't make it today... :/
Purr~

PrincessButton

My ferrets keep pooping under my bed. I:<
[Avatar drawn by Dusky Hues; Thank you!]

Chishio Kunrin

2014 Apr 28, 13:37:42 #12652 Last Edit: 2014 Apr 28, 14:03:46 by Chishio Kunrin
Quote from: Pinkie Pie on 2014 Apr 28, 11:41:19

Ah yes. Everyone tells me that if you have ferrets and let them run around your house, they will go under your furniture and poop there.
They're used to pooping in corners. :I
They're soooo cuuuuute, thoooough. People say they're smelly, even when they've been de-scented, but I think they're fine. Then again, my nose likes to decide to just not be able to smell stinky stuff, so I guess there's that.
I think I'd try to set aside a room specially designed to be as ferret-proof as possible to let them run around in.

Which reminds me...
The fact that we aren't able to set up a room specially for our cats. I'd love to give them a place to hang out or give each other some space. Not only does Junior like to pester Abby, and Abby likes to taunt him into it to get him in trouble, but Callie has been bothering both Junior and Sandy by being a clingy mother.
The room would have to have no carpet, though, because Callie thinks she can dig under a closed door and ends up ripping the carpet fiber out of the floor. >:/
I also wish we could afford a cat tree, had a good place to put it, could be sure they would actually use the thing, and be sure they wouldn't accidentally knock it over. We have a little kitty house thing, but they only use it because it's the easiest way for them to look out the living room window.

Post Merge

I decided I want to redesign my unicorn OC's color palette because her current colors are actually pretty bad.
The problem: I can't decide on what colors I want to change her to. At first, I decided I'd just make her colors more pastel, but then I discovered that they kind of clash with each other when I do that. It's really displeasing to look at. *Sigh* I guess I'll put that aside for later when I have a better idea.

PrincessButton

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Apr 28, 13:37:42

Ah yes. Everyone tells me that if you have ferrets and let them run around your house, they will go under your furniture and poop there.
They're soooo cuuuuute, thoooough. People say they're smelly, even when they've been de-scented, but I think they're fine. Then again, my nose likes to decide to just not be able to smell stinky stuff, so I guess there's that.
I think I'd try to set aside a room specially designed to be as ferret-proof as possible to let them run around in.

Yes, they poop in corners, and mine are just babies, so I am still training them to only use the litter pans and not the corner under the bed. Anyway, that's one of the things that annoys me: When people say ferrets smell bad.

1. They do have scent glands, but as long as you don't wash them, they don't get activated and they don't get horribly stinky.
2. They don't stink, but their poop does... so if you don't clean their litter every few days, the room will stink, but that is NOT them!

When people hear I have ferrets, that's always the first thing that they ask, "don't those stink?" "ew, aren't they really smelly?"

NO. As long as you care for them properly, they do not stink and they are the cutest little things.
They are so smart, and cuddly, and cute, and gah. Some people don't understand and they are missin' out!
[Avatar drawn by Dusky Hues; Thank you!]

Chishio Kunrin

2014 Apr 28, 14:49:05 #12654 Last Edit: 2014 Apr 28, 16:17:54 by Chishio Kunrin
Quote from: Pinkie Pie on 2014 Apr 28, 14:23:44
Spoiler: show
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Apr 28, 13:37:42

Yes, they poop in corners, and mine are just babies, so I am still training them to only use the litter pans and not the corner under the bed. Anyway, that's one of the things that annoys me: When people say ferrets smell bad.

1. They do have scent glands, but as long as you don't wash them, they don't get activated and they don't get horribly stinky.
2. They don't stink, but their poop does... so if you don't clean their litter every few days, the room will stink, but that is NOT them!

When people hear I have ferrets, that's always the first thing that they ask, "don't those stink?" "ew, aren't they really smelly?"

NO. As long as you care for them properly, they do not stink and they are the cutest little things.
They are so smart, and cuddly, and cute, and gah. Some people don't understand and they are missin' out!

The ferrets at a pet shop in my town have their scent glands removed, so I'm guessing those ones aren't as much of a problem.
I've wanted a ferret for yearrrrrs, and it's really cute that you can get them a little harness and put a leash on them! :3 But...
1. I heard that there are problems with having just one.
2. I have cats. I'm pretty sure cats and ferrets would not get along well, especially with cats who hunt and eat every bug they come across (except spiders).
3. I ended up looking at the prices. Um... Yikes. :I The local pet store sells ferrets for like $170 each, sometimes a bit less than that. The good cages are expensive, too.

Post Merge

I will now perform a play of something that just happened to me.
"Wow, that anime was awesome, but I heard that it split from the manga and made up its own story. I think I'll read the manga. Hmmmm."
*Looks up a place where I can get my hands on it and read it*
"Ah, here we go."
*Scrolls down to click the link to the first volume, but I accidentally scroll too far!*
"What's thi--"
*SOMEONE WROTE A GIANT MASSIVE SPOILER WHOA*
":I
Wh-wha...? Bu...
I haven't even read the first chapter yet! D:"
This is one of those times where I wish I could just erase a little bit of memory. :l I really, truly, sincerely hope that I forget that spoiler by the time it happens in the manga, but I know that I probably won't.

Pipkin

My access to the internet is now very restricted until Sunday night......I hate working the shifts I do....no tech can come service me as im at work all the time

The only reason i'm online now is USB tethering from my phone to my laptop....

AaronMk

"I'm just gonna butter up this pan with the last bit of stick butter an-"

And then I burned my fingers and had to fish out the quickly melting butter with a knife.

Not the first time I burn myself cooking. I still got a burn on the side of my hand from when I was cleaned up and brushed the pan when it was hot still the wrong way.

#DeposeGothsFromRomanClay

MrEmu

Quote from: AaronMk on 2014 Apr 30, 00:37:14

And then I burned my fingers and had to fish out the quickly melting butter with a knife.

Not the first time I burn myself cooking. I still got a burn on the side of my hand from when I was cleaned up and brushed the pan when it was hot still the wrong way.
A few months ago I was making tea and I burnt my hoof! I use extra hot boiling water for my tea so it really hurt! >A<
I had to ware a bandage for a few days and put aloe oil on it 4 times a day! DD:

AaronMk

Quote from: MrEmu on 2014 Apr 30, 00:39:37

A few months ago I was making tea and I burnt my hoof! I use extra hot boiling water for my tea so it really hurt! >A<
I had to ware a bandage for a few days and put aloe oil on it 4 times a day! DD:

I've burned myself on soldering irons before and I don't think I've had to go that far.

I'm betting you got a low pain tolerance then.

#DeposeGothsFromRomanClay

MrEmu

Quote from: AaronMk on 2014 Apr 30, 00:52:41
Quote from: MrEmu on 2014 Apr 30, 00:39:37

I've burned myself on soldering irons before and I don't think I've had to go that far.

I'm betting you got a low pain tolerance then.
Gee thanks... :l

Go Up